Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 10:24:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GNR Plan To Finish Mixing By The End of March! (Rumor)
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR Plan To Finish Mixing By The End of March! (Rumor)  (Read 5818 times)
Ron Jones
Headliner

Mr. Blue Sky

« on: March 02, 2007, 01:20:23 AM »

A member over on cd.com posted a thread stating that GNR are going in to work on mixing this Monday. So I found his myspace and messaged him and he said the following:

Date: Mar 1, 2007 10:09 PM Flag as Spam or Report Abuse [ ? ]? ?
Subject: RE: ?
Body: from dizzy himself, was with him last night.
the plan is to have mixing completed by the end of march.?

his myspace is: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=99141058

make what you want out of this but this guy doesn't seem like a bullshitter

« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 01:27:58 AM by Ron Jones » Logged

Add me:

http://www.myspace.com/ronjones7

Fleet Center Boston, MA 12/2/02
Hammerstein Ballroom New York, NY 5/15/06
DCU Center Worcester, MA 11/8/06
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 01:23:37 AM »

ask him if he is a Dizzy friend, lol, and why he "left" HNB Cheesy

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 02:18:10 AM »

Keyword here is plans.

What does plans do in GN'R? hihi

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 02:20:57 AM »

well if thats true and they do finish by the end of march. i would guess a late may early june release.
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2007, 02:23:51 AM »

Late April. That's what methinks. Whether this tidbit is true or not, I still think late April.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2007, 02:32:16 AM »

Keyword here is plans.

they change Cheesy

Late April. That's what methinks. Whether this tidbit is true or not, I still think late April.

agreed either april or may peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
DemocracyRose
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2007, 02:35:08 AM »

They are mixing right now... ok

gnr.com as the band is currently mixing
ChrisPittman
Banned
Rocker

There Was a Time

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2007, 03:23:28 AM »

I have a video from Jan 4th 1991 in which Duff and Matt are rehearsing for Rock N Rio 2. Duff tells the fans that the album is finished, its just being mixed, and it will be out soon....as we all know it didnt emerge until September

June 6th 06 @ RDS, Dublin, Ireland
July 29th 06 @ Wembley Arena, London, England
KaptainKuntra
Rocker

Tres Bizzare, non?

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2007, 04:09:51 AM »

I thought the they had already been mixing according to the update on gunsnroses.com, according to this the band aren't starting mixing til Monday? I think the Illusion albums would have taken a great deal longer to mix back then, technology wasn't as good (read the article about syncing desks together etc to mix November rain) and (we think) there was a lot more material to mix (2 double albums worth).
holyhat00
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2007, 04:13:23 AM »

Why are we even talking about the illusion albums in relation to CD?  Or what duff said?!  That was 15 years ago!!  I understand that you're trying to use a point of reference, but seriously.  It was a different band, and a different time.  It's 2007, and it seems from axl's letter that we'll know when we know.
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2007, 04:19:34 AM »

Keyword here is plans.

The famous movie quote, from Way Of The Dog :

"A plan is a list of things that won't happen" yes

As it's GN'R we're talking about, I'm sure we have no idea what's going on.

But something's definitly going on Wink

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2007, 07:32:20 AM »

April 24... Please let it be April 24 (my b-day is the 23rd).

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2007, 07:42:07 AM »

Nothing new,isn?t it? Roll Eyes

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2007, 08:06:00 AM »

I love it how the majority of people here just guess everything.

Everyone guess that because it wasnt coming out in like summer than it would november... then everyone guessed december... then axl said march so you all say march.. then when it got to like feb with no word people started guessing end of march.. then people started guessing april.... and now people are guessing september again....

*sighs*

The point is we no NOTHING. why nother speculating.
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2007, 08:43:31 AM »

In order to be in April, according to Axl's timeline the album would have to be done pretty much in the next could of days.  I do bet the "plan" is to get this done by the end of March though.  Also if this guy was such a good friend of Dizzy I highly doubt he would be emailing random people GNR's plans etc... I think that this is probably bull shit, however, hearing a rumor about a rumor from a homeless guy who cleaned duff's winshield is about as liable as anything that comes out of bands management.
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2007, 08:45:09 AM »

I love it how the majority of people here just guess everything.

Everyone guess that because it wasnt coming out in like summer than it would november... then everyone guessed december... then axl said march so you all say march.. then when it got to like feb with no word people started guessing end of march.. then people started guessing april.... and now people are guessing september again....

*sighs*

The point is we no NOTHING. why nother speculating.
You?re right dude. But the problem is not that people speculate  but when they believe the things they speculate and then they don?t happen as they wanted/believed/expected,that is the real problem.

Also, the GNR forums are full of fake insiders and know-it alls.

AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2007, 08:56:49 AM »

Only thing you can do with this album is guess...Hell even Axl, the band and management have been guessing.  If the bands not giving reliable info, then how do you expect the fans to come up with this set in stone info.  People guess because thats all they can do.
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2007, 08:59:53 AM »

Yes, we ALL guess, but the problem is that some people believe those guesses as facts and then it comes the disappointment.

chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2007, 11:42:59 AM »

I have a video from Jan 4th 1991 in which Duff and Matt are rehearsing for Rock N Rio 2. Duff tells the fans that the album is finished, its just being mixed, and it will be out soon....as we all know it didnt emerge until September

In 91 guns were in Toronto on tour in June. They recorded Axl's rant from Get in The Ring in Toronto at Metalworks studios. So it sounds like they were mixing somethings while still recording and adding pieces to other songs.

This doesn't seem the case now...yet Grin. Oh I don't even want to think about it! Roll Eyes

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2007, 12:02:56 PM »

It'd be surprised if mixing of this album went the same route for a couple of reasons (some already mentioned). 

First, Illusions was two albums. 

Second, it's so much easier to mix songs with the software that exists today.  I'm in a band and we use CuBase.  To mix and master a song usually takes a day or two depending on how many layers we use (think NIN meets Evanessence).  Granted Chinese Democracy will be a lot more complex with string arrangements and whatnot, but if they're using ProTools or any other current recording technology, it shouldn't take too long so long as Axl knows what he wants out of the mix. 

Third, I find it hard to believe that if 26 of 32 songs were done last year, that they wouldn't start mixing some of those finished songs a long time ago.  So it's not like the Illusion Days, where in January they were starting the mixing process.  My guess is that what's being mixed right now is whatever was recorded over the last six months.  Dizzy saying that mixing should be done by the end of March kind of makes sense if they've got six months of recording to get through (and from the sound of things, in the last six months there has been an insane amount of recording).

Fourth, I genuinely believe that it's in the band's interest to have this thing wrapped up and ready before they take off and perform Japan/Asia/Australia/Africa.  Axl sounded quite agitated that the album wasn't finished for the last North American tour, so I find it hard to believe that he'd commence another tour without having everything done.  It doesn't mean it will be out before they go back out on tour, but at least the band has finished what they needed to do.

That's my circumstantial evidence for it being mixed and mastered by the end of March, beginning of April (I don't care who the artists is or what the album consists of, mastering only takes a week at the most). 

Cheers,

Andrew
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 12:11:40 PM by downzy56 » Logged

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06