Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 01:59:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228140 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Do you support VR?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do you support VR?  (Read 9287 times)
newgnr
Banned
Rocker

« on: March 01, 2007, 09:50:22 PM »

I am supporting and wishing Duff, Slash, and Matt the best.  I like them...besides axl and izzy, they are why I fell in love w/gnr, so obviously I am going to wish them the best and hoope VR does well.

However, I HATE SCOTT WITH A PASSION!!!!! Can not stand that fag of a singer. 

So i'm stuck between a rock and a hard place on my support for VR.  Anyone else feel the same?
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 10:14:32 PM »

I am supporting and wishing Duff, Slash, and Matt the best.  I like them...besides axl and izzy, they are why I fell in love w/gnr, so obviously I am going to wish them the best and hoope VR does well.

So i'm stuck between a rock and a hard place on my support for VR.  Anyone else feel the same?

You might be better off at some other section of the site.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2007, 10:25:25 PM »

It is an odd pairing sure, but Scott more than impressed me when I saw VR live.

And yeah, of course I suppport VR. ok

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2007, 10:29:24 PM »

I am supporting and wishing Duff, Slash, and Matt the best.? I like them...besides axl and izzy, they are why I fell in love w/gnr, so obviously I am going to wish them the best and hoope VR does well.

However, I HATE SCOTT WITH A PASSION!!!!! Can not stand that fag of a singer.?

So i'm stuck between a rock and a hard place on my support for VR.? Anyone else feel the same?

i know what you meen man. I didn't much care for STP and i dont like scott either. I really wish they would have got with Baz instead of scott i think it would have made the band better and gotten them more atenion ya know?

but yeah man don't feel alone i know what your saying and i totally agree ok

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2007, 07:23:48 PM »

I am supporting and wishing Duff, Slash, and Matt the best.? I like them...besides axl and izzy, they are why I fell in love w/gnr, so obviously I am going to wish them the best and hoope VR does well.

So i'm stuck between a rock and a hard place on my support for VR.? Anyone else feel the same?

Stop turning it into personalities. Its all about the music. Forget about your personal feelings on each of the members. Instead turn the volume up to 11 and listen to Contraband from the start tto finish. Coz what comes out of your speakers is all that matters. You either like the music or you don't. Nothing else matters.

Dead Flower
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2007, 07:50:08 PM »

I really wish they would have got with Baz instead of scott i think it would have made the band better and gotten them more atenion ya know?

I think you're insane. No one gives a shit about Bach anymore. Haven't for quite some time.

newgnr
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2007, 09:29:25 PM »

Stop turning it into personalities. Its all about the music. Forget about your personal feelings on each of the members. Instead turn the volume up to 11 and listen to Contraband from the start tto finish. Coz what comes out of your speakers is all that matters. You either like the music or you don't. Nothing else matters.

who said anything about personalities?  I don't like his voice (actually back in the early STP days it was good, but not now) and I CAN'T stand his songwriting.  Have you noticed that like 4 or 5 songs sound EXACTLY the same as far as singing style and pattern of how he sings the song.  It's terrible.  He can't write lyrics for shit.  "fall to pieces?" hahahah how more cliche can you get?  real original.... Roll Eyes
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2007, 09:48:51 PM »

If someone said this about new GN'R, replacing 'Scott' with say 'Robin' or 'Richard', they'd be banned.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
JohnMorrison73
Banned
VIP

CRIME SCENE SLUNK

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2007, 10:45:40 PM »

i support both- new gnr and VR

GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2007, 11:13:38 PM »

I really wish they would have got with Baz instead of scott i think it would have made the band better and gotten them more atenion ya know?

I think you're insane. No one gives a shit about Bach anymore. Haven't for quite some time.

well Bach is a hell of a better singer than Scott is or ever be Roll Eyes

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Stonerose
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2007, 11:41:28 PM »

I try my hardest to like VR, but i just cant, honestly the songs just dont do anythin for me. I remember the day contraband came out, i was so pumped, but for me it just sux. I cant stand Scotts voice, his lyrics, his style (hes never had any of his own, always ripping someone off). Its just boring shit, but i still love slash and duff.
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2007, 01:35:21 AM »

Might wanna watch that. And to answer your question, no, I have no problem supporting them. I'm actually a big fan. I actually think Scott is one of rock's best frontmen, with his majestic, elastic vocals and stage presence.
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2007, 02:05:55 AM »

I try my hardest to like VR, but i just cant, honestly the songs just dont do anythin for me. I remember the day contraband came out, i was so pumped, but for me it just sux. I cant stand Scotts voice, his lyrics, his style (hes never had any of his own, always ripping someone off). Its just boring shit, but i still love slash and duff.
they don't have Axl in songwriting/singing. That's why they suck now.  ok

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2007, 03:57:41 AM »

If someone said this about new GN'R, replacing 'Scott' with say 'Robin' or 'Richard', they'd be banned.

well its a GNR site.  NOt a VR or Scott Weiland site, so thats to be expected.

On topic, do I support VR? Well I bought Contraband but it really didn't do much for me at all.   If the music is good, I'll listen.   I'm honestly not too interested in them tho.
shaunbhoy
Banned
Rocker

All HTGTH Moderators are Pussy's

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2007, 05:50:48 AM »

Velvet Revolver are great, l like Contraband but its just nothing like G'N'R hihi

Sometimes l Feel Like I'm Beating A Dead Horse
ChrisPittman
Banned
Rocker

There Was a Time

« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2007, 06:31:45 AM »

Duff, Matt and Slash should employ Gilby and Izzy...then fire Scott and Dave. Once thats finished, they could market themselves as Guns N' Roses and compete against Axl like the L.A. Guns currently are

June 6th 06 @ RDS, Dublin, Ireland
July 29th 06 @ Wembley Arena, London, England
MJ23
VIP

KING OF AUDIO

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2007, 06:32:20 AM »

Contraband is a very solid record and I anticipate a hell more of the new album.
I agree on some things written above like Scott's "qualities" as a singer. I really do not like his way of singing. When you listen to the album you will see how some stuff sounds the same, he doesn't have the capability of singing with many different styles. The songs have a sound from average to good, but there is no real "killer tune", "Contraband" sounds like a mixture of STP with some Slash solo tunes and the rest is a mixture of some good ideas that haven't been finished in the right way.

Just to make it it clear: I am not a "GN'R fan" hating VR, it's just that I would like to listen to a good VR record and not "Contraband".
lcg
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2007, 07:32:02 AM »

Yeah, I support them. I've never been too sure on whether I like Scott or not, but that should change when I see them live, whenever that'll be, hopefully this year.
BBF Rocks
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2007, 08:45:48 AM »

no, they suck and scott = human shit.
wadey
Legend

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2007, 10:37:04 AM »

ive never supperted VR. thinks is cos of SCOTT FREAKING WEILAND.........................dont like him and dont like the sound
love the rest of the band but i cant stand SW.....its a shame duff, slash and matt are now playing secondary music, theyre way too talented for that....yeah im gonna get slated for saying it...............HMMmmm well!

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: