Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 01:33:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228140 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Do you support VR?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do you support VR?  (Read 9278 times)
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2007, 10:46:17 AM »

no, they suck and scott = human shit.

Yay your still here...  Cry

Fully support VR, theyre a great live band, CB didnt exactly set my world on fire, but neither have the new Axl Band leaks.... I fully expect Libertad to be a leap in the right direction...

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2007, 10:49:38 AM »

Duff, Matt and Slash should employ Gilby and Izzy...then fire Scott and Dave. Once thats finished, they could market themselves as Guns N' Roses and compete against Axl like the L.A. Guns currently are

They can't market themselves as Guns N' Roses.

But perhaps 80% GN'R is a possible name. Then Axl would counter with 42,1% GN'R hihi

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2007, 10:59:18 AM »

yep support them 110%, I wasn't that blown away by CB to be honest but when I saw them live they really impressed me. They are one of the best live acts around and I can't wait to hear libertad? peace
gnrlies247
Rocker

Axl- you fuckin' rock!

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2007, 11:36:16 AM »

I support VR,only cos slash, duff and matt are in the band.I Don't like Scott weiland , I hate his voice and from what I've seen on bootleg dvds,he acts like he's gay(even though he's not),so i don't understand why he acts like that and when he slagged off axl,that made me dislike him even more.Contraband didn't exactly blow me away,it was listenable though.Hopefully the new album will be better ok.
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2007, 03:42:18 PM »

Matt being in the band is incidental for me, although I do prefer his playing to Steve Adler's. I wish Izzy decided to stick with the band, but to me it's less some GN'R reunion and really just a cool rock band with Slash and Duff back playing together and a bunch of other talented guys, Scott Weiland being one of my favorite frontmen among them.
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2007, 09:38:48 PM »

It's amazing, all the people here who bought Contraband but don't like it but somehow think the next record is gonna be some type of leap forward. Sure, Contraband may be "solid." Some turds are. It was a weak record considering the talent they have in that band. So, do I support them? I already had high hopes for them, and they let me down.  (shakes head, walks away.)

The Chad Cometh
Mike Stewart is God
VIP

Don't think Axl! Makes my dick itch!

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2007, 10:06:13 PM »

When I heard Slash was starting a new band I was so fucking excited. I heard a few of the songs on the radio before the release of the albumn and was so unbelievably dissapointed. The guitar is weak for Slash and the vocals (although I rely heavily on good vocals for a band to be good imo) were just terrible. They don't suit the band at all and were just ... shite imho.

I was living to the best of my ability, now I'm living in correctional facility
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2007, 10:57:03 PM »

I'm totally different, here.  GnR was and is (in the Appetite era) my favorite band of all time. Still listen to Appetite, and love it.  In the years following, I stopped listening to them...when they brought in Dizzy and Teddy (Zig Zag), I lost it - I was confused. Years passed, and I didn't follow GnR stuff.  Then the song, Slither, came out.  Loved it.  Had no idea who VR was.  However, I also loved Scott Weiland.  I like STP, but never bought any CD.  I learned and knew enough about Scott to know that I thought he was one of the greatest frontmen of all time - androgynous and different - chameleon.  I loved him.  And then, when I knew who was behind Slither, I was floored - Matt, Slash, Duff, Scott.  That was it, for me, and has been ever since.  Do I support them?  Fuck yes!   Let's face it - who could possibly sing lead for a band that includes Matt Sorum, Duff, and Slash?   They have to replace Axl.  Scott is not Axl.  We know that. However, they had to have a "notorious" kind of guy.  Sebastian?  - the lond blonde hair & screaming (and I do love the guy) would have just brought about a Cinderella/GnR/80's nostalgia......    Again, do I supoort them?  Yes.  And I can't wait until they come back into Michigan, this year.   I will be there.  Front row.                 
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2007, 02:07:28 AM »

u can't judge scott's vocals and lyrcs just from Contraband. sure they are a little repetitive and overall could have been much better. i am a huge STP fan and i have to say Scott has always been diverse with his vocal delivery. and even lyrically, i think Core was his best as far as lyrics, after that the drugs kinda made a good amount of STP's hard to understand and just flat out weird.

i love Scott, i think he is a great frontman, especially in this shitty rock scene.

i like Velvet Revolver, Contraband was okay. people seem to forget that all the music was written for that BEFORE Scott joined. he just picked his favorite tracks and put vocals on them. with this new record the songs will be from them writing TOGETHER.

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2007, 09:10:39 AM »

I support VR 100%... I have seen them live like 5 times and they are fucking awesome... I love Contraband.. It isn't one of the best albums of all time but it is a solid record.. I even think that some songs stand up to classic Gn"r like "Dirty Little Thing" and "Slither"...  I also think they have some original sounding GREAT songs like "Superhuman", "Loving The Alien" and "Big Machine"  They definately weren't what I was expecting them to sound like but I wasn't disappointed.. That being said, I still think Libertad will be even better...

Also Scott is no Axl Rose.. At this point in time I would say that is a good thing  ok

Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2007, 09:21:57 AM »

I don't support VR, but I wish them to go on till the end of their careers

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
gummyfish
Rocker

« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2007, 05:13:01 PM »

I am supporting and wishing Duff, Slash, and Matt the best.  I like them...besides axl and izzy, they are why I fell in love w/gnr, so obviously I am going to wish them the best and hoope VR does well.

However, I HATE SCOTT WITH A PASSION!!!!! Can not stand that fag of a singer. 

So i'm stuck between a rock and a hard place on my support for VR.  Anyone else feel the same?

I agree fully..... except for your love of Matt. He was good, but he just didn't do it for me. Wink
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2007, 10:27:46 PM »

1. I support VR and  think they are  a great band. Not GNR  in its heyday, but then again, not many bands  were (or are).
2. Scott came  on board because Slash, Matt, and Duff wanted him. I have to respect  their  opinion and believe  that  they know what  they are doing.
3. The fact that CB went platinum and the band  toured  the world for 18 months tells you something; it  could not have been a totally bad decision because the band got  more  popular  as time went  by.
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2007, 09:25:35 PM »

I am supporting and wishing Duff, Slash, and Matt the best.? I like them...besides axl and izzy, they are why I fell in love w/gnr, so obviously I am going to wish them the best and hoope VR does well.

However, I HATE SCOTT WITH A PASSION!!!!! Can not stand that fag of a singer.?

So i'm stuck between a rock and a hard place on my support for VR.? Anyone else feel the same?
I agree with the exception of the support issue, I will continue to be supportive due to my feelings about Slash, Duff, and Matt, well maybe not my feelings totally, but also in regards to their talents,  I cannot stand Scott W. either, but i really do wish them well, I am certainly not nearly as supportive as i am in regards to GNR, but I will go see them again when they release the new album.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2007, 01:30:53 AM »

I am supporting and wishing Duff, Slash, and Matt the best.? I like them...besides axl and izzy, they are why I fell in love w/gnr, so obviously I am going to wish them the best and hoope VR does well.

However, I HATE SCOTT WITH A PASSION!!!!! Can not stand that fag of a singer.?

So i'm stuck between a rock and a hard place on my support for VR.? Anyone else feel the same?

I agree 100 percent... i tolerate that poser Scott Weiland.....thats about it....
slane92
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2007, 01:16:29 PM »

I try my hardest to like VR, but i just cant, honestly the songs just dont do anythin for me. I remember the day contraband came out, i was so pumped, but for me it just sux. I cant stand Scotts voice, his lyrics, his style (hes never had any of his own, always ripping someone off). Its just boring shit, but i still love slash and duff.

I have huge respect for all ex-GNR members, always wish them well.

VR's music just doesnt do much for me.  Sad

"You had The Who, Led Zeppelin and The Beatles for previous generations. As far as rock bands and anyone that is in their early thirties to forties, our band is Guns N? Roses..."Alex Grossi
shaxon
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2007, 01:20:09 PM »

I respect and support VR : they are building their own legacy and aren't living in the past.
gummyfish
Rocker

« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2007, 10:51:12 PM »

i bought contraband, and then cried. i was expecting greatness, and instead i got the nasty kind of liquid shit that feels like lava coming out of your ass-crack when your sick(you know exactly what i'm talking about). slash n' duff are back, kushner was decent in wasted youth, and matt....well, he's ok. but weiland.....omfg. i've never grown to hate anybody just of their singing style/talent(or lack there of),? but he is just terrible. typical, boring, unoriginal, monotone grunge vocals. but worse. he sounds like a goddamn robot. i honestly didn't think by least favorite singer list could be added to anymore. but it now stands at: bono, james hetfield, kurt cobain, any death metal vocalist ever(got this idea/concept from some magazine), and now scott weiland.all in all, no i don't support them. the reason why i feel they suck, is the stunning lack of songwriting ability. Axl and Izzy were the songwriting geniuses for GN'R. VR never had a chance. Duff is the only decent songwriter in the bunch, and he certainly couldn't carry them to greatness. and what a surprise that the only song weiland really wrote, is a song about him not being gay. if he were out of the closet ,i wouldn't care. but so long as he continues to act like a flamboyant homo, and deny his gaydom(?), it will continue to annoy the fuck out of me. if he werent such an asshole, junky, sexually-confused, pompous little twerp(who sucks at singing), i prolly wouldn't hate him so much. plus that one hate messege he left for Axl was just petty in every sense of the word. there's no doubt in my mind that if the two were to throw down, Axl would beat the living fuck outta him.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 10:53:28 PM by gummyfish » Logged
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2007, 11:04:43 PM »

from what i've heard so far, i will not be buying the new album.   i think they are absolute garbage.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2007, 01:06:58 PM »

I certainly don't hate Scott with a passion, and I'm not going to be too critical of a band that's playing rock n' roll in this current atmosphere of emo, nu-metal, and generic pop.

But I don't think he's a good fit with the band.  He has that grunge background, and is playing with a bunch of guys who were in a real sleazy rock outfit. 

That said, I thought Contraband was good (not great).  I listen to it now and then, and don't consider it a bad purchase.  I think the biggest problem is that, despite being the last member, this has become Scott's band.  Band's often center around a frontman, so that's no surprise, but I think they really under utilize the talents of Slash & Co. 

From what I've heard so far of the new album, I think it's not as good as Contraband.  But, I'll give it a full listen before deciding if I'll buy it.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: