Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 05:22:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  HOOKERS N BLOW SPLIT UP!!--FORCED TO CANCEL FLORIDA DATES
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: HOOKERS N BLOW SPLIT UP!!--FORCED TO CANCEL FLORIDA DATES  (Read 6038 times)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2007, 01:29:33 PM »

Hope they'll put a setlist as great as that one in the last show. Smiley

SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2007, 01:50:30 PM »

Personally, I'm hoping this means GN'R will be doing some warm-up gigs (hopefully in N.Y. again) in March before they go out on the road!

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2007, 05:07:14 PM »

Personally, I'm hoping this means GN'R will be doing some warm-up gigs (hopefully in N.Y. again) in March before they go out on the road!

This is what Im hoping too! beer

Id love to head out to California for some warm-up shows, but at the moment I can only afford a trip as far as New York Smiley

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2007, 05:08:26 PM »

how about some dates in Vegas?  Grin
acdcUSSR
Rocker

Here Tomorrow...

« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2007, 08:06:17 PM »

The most anticipating thing about the release of Chinese Democracy will be the revealing of just HOW MANY "T"s are in Pit(t)man's name!

You dig, what the fuck I'm saying? Homefuck!?
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2007, 09:01:49 PM »

The most anticipating thing about the release of Chinese Democracy will be the revealing of just HOW MANY "T"s are in Pit(t)man's name!

Lame!!!

Anyways just go check the Live Era booklet... Its in there!!
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2007, 09:56:47 PM »

Never cared about Blow In Hookers....

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
absolutelytrue
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2007, 10:49:19 AM »

So how was the show? Anybody go?
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2007, 02:16:46 PM »

I went.? It was a lot of fun.? They played Pretty Tied Up and Dust N' Bones, which was really cool to hear without all Use Your Illusion's lame production bullshit.? Those songs really rock.? It was cool to be reminded of that.

I bought Dizzy and the band a round of Jager.? Nobody else would.? Even when they threatened to quit playing.? He gave us a quick little interview for the Pitman site.? Same with Happenin' Harry, Dizzy's buddy/bandmate.? They had a lot of nice shit to say about Pitman.?

I spent all my cab money to buy them shots, so I had to walk home for several miles at 3am.? Luckily, I found a prostitute and we walked together.? She said she puts Jesus into everything she does, and that she's only ho'ing so she can help save her pimp's soul.? Then she plans to marry Jammie Foxx.

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2007, 02:20:41 PM »

I went.  It was a lot of fun.  They played Pretty Tied Up and Dust N' Bones, which was really cool to hear without all Use Your Illusion's lame production bullshit.  Those songs really rock.  It was cool to be reminded of that.

I bought Dizzy and the band a round of Jager.  Nobody else would.  Even when they threatened to quit playing.  He gave us a quick little interview for the Pitman site.  Same with Happenin' Harry, Dizzy's buddy/bandmate.  They had a lot of nice shit to say about Pitman. 

I spent all my cab money to buy them shots, so I had to walk home for several miles at 3am.  Luckily, I found a prostitute and we walked together.  She said she puts Jesus into everything she does, and that she's only ho'ing so she can help save her pimp's soul.  Then she plans to marry Jammie Foxx.

What kind of lame production shit? Roll Eyes
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2007, 02:21:47 PM »

I went.? It was a lot of fun.? They played Pretty Tied Up and Dust N' Bones, which was really cool to hear without all Use Your Illusion's lame production bullshit.? Those songs really rock.? It was cool to be reminded of that.

I bought Dizzy and the band a round of Jager.? Nobody else would.? Even when they threatened to quit playing.? He gave us a quick little interview for the Pitman site.? Same with Happenin' Harry, Dizzy's buddy/bandmate.? They had a lot of nice shit to say about Pitman.?

I spent all my cab money to buy them shots, so I had to walk home for several miles at 3am.? Luckily, I found a prostitute and we walked together.? She said she puts Jesus into everything she does, and that she's only ho'ing so she can help save her pimp's soul.? Then she plans to marry Jammie Foxx.

What that's a interesting night.
MotherGooseLuvR
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2007, 02:26:53 PM »

Cool Ranch Dressing, etc...

Those songs are awesome.  It's such a shame Axl stripped the "rock" out of them.  Oh well, he did what he felt he had to do.  For every person like me who's turned of by The Tao of Dolphin, I'm sure there's someone who likes it.  To each his own.

tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2007, 02:53:20 PM »

I went.  It was a lot of fun.  They played Pretty Tied Up and Dust N' Bones, which was really cool to hear without all Use Your Illusion's lame production bullshit.  Those songs really rock.  It was cool to be reminded of that.

I bought Dizzy and the band a round of Jager.  Nobody else would.  Even when they threatened to quit playing.  He gave us a quick little interview for the Pitman site.  Same with Happenin' Harry, Dizzy's buddy/bandmate.  They had a lot of nice shit to say about Pitman. 

I spent all my cab money to buy them shots, so I had to walk home for several miles at 3am.  Luckily, I found a prostitute and we walked together.  She said she puts Jesus into everything she does, and that she's only ho'ing so she can help save her pimp's soul.  Then she plans to marry Jammie Foxx.

Those songs are awesome.  It's such a shame Axl stripped the "rock" out of them.  Oh well, he did what he felt he had to do.  For every person like me who's turned of by The Tao of Dolphin, I'm sure there's someone who likes it.  To each his own.

Sorry, but I dont see how he "stipped" the rock out of them.
MotherGooseLuvR
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2007, 02:59:17 PM »

Those songs are awesome.? It's such a shame Axl stripped the "rock" out of them.? Oh well, he did what he felt he had to do.? For every person like me who's turned of by The Tao of Dolphin, I'm sure there's someone who likes it.? To each his own.

What, you found a typo?  Congrats.? You must be really smart.

I think he STRIPPED the rock out of them though the editing and production.? That's my opinion.? I think a good rock record should be recorded quickly.? To me rock is about the feeling and emotion of the performance.? When a band records a song in thirty second pieces at different times, in different rooms, I think it tends to strip the energy and life out of a song.? Obviously, you disagree.? Go listen to UYI and be happy with the world.? Sorry, you're not going to change my mind.

redx
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2007, 03:03:35 PM »

why is a Hookers n'Blow thread allowed to remain un touched by the mods?
shouldn't it be placed somewhere else, other than here in the Gn'R section?
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2007, 03:10:40 PM »

What, you found a typo?  Congrats.  You must be really smart.

I think he STRIPPED the rock out of them though the editing and production.  That's my opinion.  I think a good rock record should be recorded quickly.  To me rock is about the feeling and emotion of the performance.  When a band records a song in thirty second pieces at different times, in different rooms, I think it tends to strip the energy and life out of a song.  Obviously, you disagree.  Go listen to UYI and be happy with the world.  Sorry, you're not going to change my mind.

Actually I missed the R on the keyboard when I typed that. I wasnt trying to correct you. That was my own mistake. hihi

Well according to your little paragraph right there, I'm wondering why you are here then. Chinese Democracy does not fit your standards. And who says they recorded them in 30 second pieces. GN'R always recorded with Duff, Izzy, Matt (or Steve) playing at the same time. Then Slash would do his parts and then Axl would do the vocals.

And I'm sure Axl was the only one involved in production and editing. Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 03:16:32 PM by tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr » Logged
Jackamo!
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2007, 04:42:17 PM »

Lame!!!

Anyways just go check the Live Era booklet... Its in there!!
Actually, Pitman has 1 T.

The live era booklet is sas "Chris Pittman" which is a typo.

Go check the Replicants or Free Mars album, he's credited with one T.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2007, 04:44:24 PM »

TooL Anima album its spelled with 2 "T"'s hihi

if fact up until this year i only ever saw it spelled with 2 "T"s Undecided

Jackamo!
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2007, 05:06:31 PM »

Yeah it does say 2 T's. Undecided

Maybe the mystery isn't solved yet.
MotherGooseLuvR
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2007, 05:11:20 PM »

Those songs are awesome.? It's such a shame Axl stripped the "rock" out of them.? Oh well, he did what he felt he had to do.? For every person like me who's turned of by The Tao of Dolphin, I'm sure there's someone who likes it.? To each his own.

What, you found a typo?? Congrats.? You must be really smart.

I think he STRIPPED the rock out of them though the editing and production.? That's my opinion.? I think a good rock record should be recorded quickly.? To me rock is about the feeling and emotion of the performance.? When a band records a song in thirty second pieces at different times, in different rooms, I think it tends to strip the energy and life out of a song.? Obviously, you disagree.? Go listen to UYI and be happy with the world.? Sorry, you're not going to change my mind.

Actually I missed the R on the keyboard when I typed that. I wasnt trying to correct you. That was my own mistake. hihi

Well according to your little paragraph right there, I'm wondering why you are here then. Chinese Democracy does not fit your standards. And who says they recorded them in 30 second pieces. GN'R always recorded with Duff, Izzy, Matt (or Steve) playing at the same time. Then Slash would do his parts and then Axl would do the vocals.

And I'm sure Axl was the only one involved in production and editing. Roll Eyes

I do think the Chinese Democracy songs would sound better if Axl and the band got together for a few days and recorded them all live.  Sue me.  That's just how I feel about rock.

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: