Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:59:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Interview w/Rolling Stone executive editor Joe Levy - Axl mention
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Interview w/Rolling Stone executive editor Joe Levy - Axl mention  (Read 5800 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: February 27, 2007, 09:28:16 PM »

From Rolling Stone

2/27/07, 4:52 pm EST

Live Chat With Executive Editor Joe Levy: The Complete Transcript

Ray: Is it likely that once ?Chinese Democracy? is released, Axl Rose could once again grace the cover of your mag?

Joe: That would be nice. I talked with Axl at the VMAs. When I asked if the record would be out by Christmas, he just smiled and said, ?You know I can?t talk about these things.? But when he left, I was completely convinced it would be out by Christmas. Still waiting.

hey: Do you think that the direction popular music is heading in is a good thing?

Joe: My answer to this question is always the same: there are still great bands making great records. Case in point: Of Montreal. Another: Arcade Fire. I could go on. Granted neither of these bands is in the mainstream of popular music, but the point is, they?ve made great records, and they?re out there playing great shows. As for the direction of popular music as a whole: I am dismayed by its disorder at the present moment. But there is still good to great work to be heard there. Case in point: that track with the Game and Kanye, which is way better than it has any right to be. Case in point: Justin Timberlake?s ?What Goes Around.? And Axl is putting out Chinese Democracy soon. Isn?t he?

Link: http://www.rollingstone.com/imfromrollingstone/index.php/2007/02/27/live-chat-with-executive-editor-joe-levy-the-complete-transcript/

« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 09:33:55 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 09:30:33 PM »

i cant wait until axl is on the cover of rolling stone

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
snead hearn
Rocker

LORD OF THE BARNYARD

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 09:47:48 PM »

I can.

Rolling Stone today doesn't mean today what it meant when Appetite and UYI came out.

Rock journalism is deader than grunge, and has been for quite a while.

May 9, 1988 Felt Forum, NYC
December 5, 2002 Madison Square Garden, NYC
May 17, 2006 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2007, 09:52:09 PM »

Axl would probably only agree to do it if the rest of the band was on the cover as well.
BBF Rocks
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2007, 09:53:10 PM »

he will take over once again drool
BaDoBsEsSiOn418
Rocker

Yowza!

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2007, 11:03:29 PM »

Why can't Axl talk about it?  Why can't BBF or Frank talk about it?  THIS IS YOUR OWN FRIGGIN ALBUM!  I'm so sick of being left in the dark.  We get an vague "update" every few months if we are lucky.  This is stupid.

Sorry, my rant is over.  Now back to your regularly scheduled program.   ok

Why's everybody so obsessed with the album?  Can't you just be happy that Axl gets to hang out with rich fashion designers? -MotherGooseLuvR
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2007, 11:21:15 PM »

Why can't Axl talk about it?  Why can't BBF or Frank talk about it?  THIS IS YOUR OWN FRIGGIN ALBUM!  I'm so sick of being left in the dark.  We get an vague "update" every few months if we are lucky.  This is stupid.

I aggree.  I'm admittedly in a sort of sour mood with this whole process right now.  I've just been thinking about other bands that I like and all that they have done and released in the time since Axl released his last studio album, TSI.  I am a Nine Inch Nails fan.  Trent Reznor is known for taking too much time between albums.  Since TSI, NIN has released The Downward Spiral, The Fragile (a double album, no less), With Teeth, and Year Zero comes out in just over a month.  This along with a bunch of singles and extras and DVD's.  I am also an Oasis fan.  ALL of the Oasis albums have come out AFTER Axl's last studio album was released.  And they are now widely considered to be omewhat like "statesmen" in the music biz.  It just boggles the mind.  I couple this with the fact that we have been getting these few and far between "updates" that are more often than not proven false later and I can't help but get frustrated.  Axl has wasted his thirties.  The decade in a man's life where he should be at his prime, and Axl just threw it away.  It's depressing.  I am convinced that when we get CD, IF we get CD, it will be the final Guns N Roses album ever.  I'm starting to get the feeling that this is Axl's plan the whole time.  He knows it's going to be the last thing he does before retiring from "rocking" and he's just sort of delaying the process.

Ok...now MY rant is over.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2007, 11:24:35 PM »

This goes back to my first belief , thinking that does this album even exists or has everybody and thier mamma fooled each other
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2007, 11:36:33 PM »

It means a LOT if he is on the cover.  I know several people with a subscription to this mag AXL PUT OUT THE ALBUM AND GET ON THE COVER OF RS!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2007, 11:38:10 PM »

Axl has wasted his thirties.  The decade in a man's life where he should be at his prime, and Axl just threw it away.  It's depressing. 

Who are you to decide if he wasted it?
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2007, 11:54:41 PM »

Quote from: Danny on Today at 11:21:15 PM

Axl has wasted his thirties.  The decade in a man's life where he should be at his prime, and Axl just threw it away.  It's depressing. 

Who are you to decide if he wasted it?

Well, it was just a rant...but it does SEEM like he wasted it by, oh...I don't know...not releasing anything the entire decade.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
muffinass
Headliner

I'm a muffin!

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2007, 11:57:37 PM »

Ok...now MY rant is over.

Danny...how could you possibly compare Trent w/ Axl? Dontcha know that Axl is a demi-God, an electric sintar?

Why hasn't CD come out yet? Because Axl didn't want it to...no questions or irritations allowed on the part of fans (or non-fans as we're liked to be called).

?Can you possibly compare, let's say, ( for futility's sake) the past numerous releases that you mentioned to CD?
 ?Is CD going to be the biggest mind-fuck of music history? No. Will it be amazing? Yes. Mathematical logic would thus have it that 5 NIN albums = 1 GNR album. Correct? To some yes, to others...no.

?Too many things have been put aside JUST because it's GNR and it's Axl...nobody takes responsability for anything, shit gets passed around to other people like some PR hot-potato...it's felt like child's play for a while now. Why the secrecy? The answer doesn't matter, again, because we're supposed to take it like it is.

?So on that note, i'll retire once again and wait patiently...in the meanwhile, everybody here (especially Axlgurl et al.) should put on some Monster Magnet - Take It...(any way you can...oh how well the lyrics fit the situation methinks)...

?oh...i forgot, flame away ?rofl

Nov.15th, Air Canada Center !!!
novrain91
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2007, 12:42:56 AM »

I don't respect or even really like Rollingstone, but it would help make GNR seem relevant again in "younger" peoples' eyes.  Plus how could Axl pass up being on the cover right after Fall Out Boy and before Fergie?Huh smoking

Oh and if Axl is on the cover I wouldn't be suprised if it was just him.
dENIS
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2007, 12:58:20 AM »

I can.

Rolling Stone today doesn't mean today what it meant when Appetite and UYI came out.

Rock journalism is deader than grunge, and has been for quite a while.

You`re wrong. Journalist is a mirror of today`s rock music. They can survive only if rock artist produce good music. Justin`s :Whats come around" is i think the best pop track from years. MJ is not dead after all.  ok
saint seiya
Rocker

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2007, 01:05:15 AM »

Rolling Stone is a piece of shit magazine that believe it or not did not like zeppelin and pink floyd.
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2007, 01:08:29 AM »

Rolling Stone is a piece of shit magazine that believe it or not did not like zeppelin and pink floyd.

Damn right. In fact they despised Zeppelin. In hindsight, turns out the fans were right and Rolling Stone was way off the mark in giving every one of their albums a scathing review.
novrain91
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2007, 01:11:59 AM »

Yes we all know Rollingstone sucks balls, and everyone knows they didn't respect Led Zep.  But you can't deny that Axl or GNR being on the cover would be great promotion for the album.
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2007, 02:21:58 AM »

Yes we all know Rollingstone sucks balls, and everyone knows they didn't respect Led Zep.  But you can't deny that Axl or GNR being on the cover would be great promotion for the album.

Yeah I would agree it'd be great promotion, as long as Axl doesn't load up on the mascara like he did with that Italian magazine cover he did last year. He looked like a badass with the suit and cigar, but the fuckin' makeup almost ruined the image he was trying to portray I think.
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2007, 04:15:41 AM »

rolling stone magazine was talking a lot of bad things about gunsnroses

I have never seen so many tree
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2007, 04:35:55 AM »

That would be something yes

Though I'd like the whole band to be on it peace

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: