Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 10:15:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  FALSE: september 17rh new release date
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: FALSE: september 17rh new release date  (Read 12434 times)
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2007, 05:08:15 PM »

that's not soon and BBF said that soon was the word yes

Axl said soon in 2002............ that word should be banned here

Jonx
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2007, 05:10:01 PM »

It looks like HMV put it on their site...Blabbermouth.net picked it up and now so have others.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=67816

HMV has been wrong I don't know how many times...I think this is the same. no

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
SterileEyes
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2007, 05:10:18 PM »

There is no release date planned now! It's gonna be out probably at the beginning of the tour, so towards the last half of April, or at the very latest the first week of May.  peace

Summer is more likely, after this current tour. The main music markets are American and European, they need to be in those regions when its released for interviews, promo and maybe even some of the summer festivals.... they still have loads to do! They cant move on with the release until its physically completed in every way!

Jonx
Once everything is ready to go, they are going to get it out as soon as possible. I think the tracks themselves will be probably 100% completed in about 2 weeks. So, then I think the album will be out a month after that, give or take a week or so. That's how I came up with my thang. It'd be cool if they could do one of those MTV Unplugged things before the tour and air it the week Chinese Democracy comes out, also with an exclusive interview. Then when they come back, they can do some other "special" interviews, and shows, etc...

Man, oh man Efish.

With all due respect, and you deserve plenty, you are VERY optimistic for a Guns N' Roses fan!

Also

Axl never said "soon" in 2002. In fact, he said these exact words after the VMA performance: "You'll see it. I don't know if soon is the word, but you'll see it eventually."

And another also...

Any mention of "HMV" should be filtered and automatically deleted on these forums.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 05:12:00 PM by SterileEyes » Logged

Follow the link below to hear my cover of "Pretty Tied Up"

http://www.myspace.com/marlahooch1
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2007, 05:12:48 PM »

Jonx

axl said "it'll be out, don't know if soon is the word though"? ok

and dude if you haven't noticed, times are way different now yes
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2007, 05:14:11 PM »

It looks like HMV put it on their site...Blabbermouth.net picked it up and now so have others.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=67816

HMV has been wrong I don't know how many times...I think this is the same. no

ahhh ya beet me to it. ok

i doubt that highly, for one the album is done and in the mixing stage and should be done with that in 2 or 3 weeks give or take a day, and then they have to turn it into the record company witch takes 8 weeks so i'm thinkin we'll have CHINESE DEMOCRACY in 11 weeks or sometime in May or june yes

God i hope so ?confused

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2007, 05:17:27 PM »

Jonx

axl said "it'll be out, don't know if soon is the word though"  ok

and dude if you haven't noticed, times are way different now yes

I'll believe it when i have it in my hands. Things are different, but not very different, once a video has been shot and completed, artwork out there for us all to see then ill believe things are different. Axl had CD ready in 2000 but it never appeared. He now has all the recording done, but if the mixing doesnt come out right it could be a very long process, and if he suddenly has some wave of inspiration then "soon" wont be the word all over again!
ChrisPittman
Banned
Rocker

There Was a Time

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2007, 05:18:23 PM »

this information seems to be passing hands at an alarming rate. my mate, who hates GNR, sent me a text this morning informing me of the release date which he says he got from a local morning paper they distribute free here on the bus. he heard some people talking about it in college, saying that it was coming out in september, around the same time as the illusion albums did in 91...so perhaps....

June 6th 06 @ RDS, Dublin, Ireland
July 29th 06 @ Wembley Arena, London, England
welshrose
Banned
Rocker

Neil Young es Dios.

« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2007, 05:27:22 PM »

Remember folks, Axl said it takes 8weeks to get ready promote and finalize the record once it is done.

Which means that after it is mixed (which could take another month) it has to be mastered, then it is turned over to the record company.

The very earliest would be roughly 3-4months from now.

June: earliest
July: more likely
August: even more likely

Girl I am just a Vampire for your love

And I'm gonna suck ya!!
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2007, 05:32:20 PM »

I'd rather word it as possible. There's nothing likely about CD.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
TurboTravis
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2007, 05:39:18 PM »

Unfortunetly, we all need to accept the fact that there is a chance that this album will never be released.

T
whiny
Rocker

a boy with urban needs, plant him some urban seeds

« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2007, 05:40:51 PM »

Remember folks, Axl said it takes 8weeks to get ready promote and finalize the record once it is done.

Which means that after it is mixed (which could take another month) it has to be mastered, then it is turned over to the record company.

The very earliest would be roughly 3-4months from now.

why do people still believe that it might come out in july august; these months are dead months as far as releasing albums goes. if it's not out till june, we'll have fall / late fall again. that's the story. besides, gnr somehow love to release albums in fall, as far as i remember.

"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth -
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were"
gokken
Rocker

www.gnrsweden.com

« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2007, 05:41:49 PM »

Axl had CD ready in 2000 but it never appeared.

When did he say that? I?ve just seen a quote that were something like this "99% of music is done and 80% of vocals".

Where did he say it was done in 2002?
EFISH
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2007, 05:43:36 PM »

There is no release date planned now! It's gonna be out probably at the beginning of the tour, so towards the last half of April, or at the very latest the first week of May.  peace

Summer is more likely, after this current tour. The main music markets are American and European, they need to be in those regions when its released for interviews, promo and maybe even some of the summer festivals.... they still have loads to do! They cant move on with the release until its physically completed in every way!

Jonx
Once everything is ready to go, they are going to get it out as soon as possible. I think the tracks themselves will be probably 100% completed in about 2 weeks. So, then I think the album will be out a month after that, give or take a week or so. That's how I came up with my thang. It'd be cool if they could do one of those MTV Unplugged things before the tour and air it the week Chinese Democracy comes out, also with an exclusive interview. Then when they come back, they can do some other "special" interviews, and shows, etc...

Hmmm i see where your coming from but i think thats optimistic. We dont know if a video has been completed, that needs to be done, they also need some time to rehearse so that they can actually play the new material. Based on other tours and the amount of time the band have used in the past to rehearse old material i cant see the timeframe fitting. Half the people in the band probably havnt even played on let alone learnt the new material, its going to take some time to get it tight, and they are going to want it tight as the expectations are going to be so high. Theres also the fact that these African/Asian audiences arent going to want to hear new material, they are going to want the set we all got the last time round. More than likely they will play these shows, come back, rehearse the new set, release the album, do the promo + mini tour in America and Europe, then back to the states for a full blown one starting in San Diego!

Jonx
Well for these shows in South Africa/Japan they can play pretty much the same setlist as North America 2006 tour and it will be fine, since they havent played these places yet. They can slowly learn some new songs and maybe bust out 1 or 2 in South America, and by the time they are back in the States, they will have had some break time between tours to learn more of the new songs, and hopefully that time around they will play atleast half of CD, if not more. Oh well, we'll see. I still think the album will be out in late April or early May. It'll happen....
whiny
Rocker

« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2007, 05:46:55 PM »

between april-june or september-(early)december; if not: next year or...

Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2007, 05:50:11 PM »

When did he say that? I?ve just seen a quote that were something like this "99% of music is done and 80% of vocals".

Moby was briefly producer on the album in 99/00. He told Axl he had an albums worth of good material and should just release it. Axl fired him!

Jonx
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2007, 05:50:54 PM »

This is not true.

There is no release date and we all know it.

As soon as there's news on the album, you will know about it.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2007, 05:51:25 PM »

woah it was false, i fell for it... no but seriously i wonder what april fools joke we will fall for this year
whiny
Rocker

« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2007, 06:03:28 PM »

This is not true.

There is no release date and we all know it.

As soon as there's news on the album, you will know about it.

/jarmo

true. but gnr fans somewhat need those kind of rumours like fish need water. we'd rather be disussion vague dates, hoping that there's some truth to it (although in this case i hope there's none to it), than having to stick to the even more vague status "soon". a studio project, that has been virtual, a myth and a mystery for such a long time, if turned into something tangible, always brings our hopes (and fears) up. although we should know better by now...
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 06:18:01 PM by whiny » Logged

mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2007, 06:29:50 PM »

AWESOME! Another release date!!! Im so excited I can now go on with my life again. Seriously though even if it doesnt come out this year or next be happy that its getting mixed and will one day be out. Just go on and live your lives until "The Man" gives us a official date. Then we all can go ape shit!

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
gokken
Rocker

www.gnrsweden.com

« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2007, 06:52:49 PM »

Moby was briefly producer on the album in 99/00. He told Axl he had an albums worth of good material and should just release it. Axl fired him!

Jonx

Ok so Moby said the album were ready?!! Come on!! I think Slash said it was going to be out last march. And I also think that we should not listen to other artists, I love Slash and I like Moby too but I dont listen to them regarding releasedate of Chinese Democracy.

Edit: And what I heard it was in 97 he helped GNR but I didnt know he was producing.

Edit2: Just remembered, I think Moby is recording his albums in his bedroom, and HE thougt the material was ready for release?? I think Axl and Moby got different standards regarding quality of the albums so I dont think you can take his words for CD to be ready.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 06:58:36 PM by gokken » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: