Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 03:14:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The Official Rob Zombie's Halloween Thread(with new pic of michael myers)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Official Rob Zombie's Halloween Thread(with new pic of michael myers)  (Read 14524 times)
gnrfanxxx
Rocker

The majority

« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2007, 06:44:07 PM »

Horrible idea.? I hated House of 1000 Corpses with a passion and didn't even bother with the Devil's Rejects.? Why don't they just leave these franchises alone?? Instead of suckling the cash teet of the cow, just let the series go on a high note.? Instead of making 1000 remakes or sequels, here's an interesting idea...put all that effort into creating something new!? God knows the horror genre as it's called these days fucking sucks.? There hasn't been a decent horror movie in years.? This whole Grudge, Ring, Saw, Final Destination shit is pathetic.

i cant agree more all new horror movie SUCK!!!!!

where does it leave me, when you dont believe in me?
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2007, 08:50:26 PM »

Horrible idea.? I hated House of 1000 Corpses with a passion and didn't even bother with the Devil's Rejects.? Why don't they just leave these franchises alone?? Instead of suckling the cash teet of the cow, just let the series go on a high note.? Instead of making 1000 remakes or sequels, here's an interesting idea...put all that effort into creating something new!? God knows the horror genre as it's called these days fucking sucks.? There hasn't been a decent horror movie in years.? This whole Grudge, Ring, Saw, Final Destination shit is pathetic.

i cant agree more all new horror movie SUCK!!!!!

Although horror is now at an all time high again.   I'd have to say out of all the recent movies, I thought Saw 1 was really good, something new and definitely left ya on edge and unnerved.   I do get tired of all the remakes and now prequal/remakes and this year we are gonna get flooded with them remakes, The Thing, Friday the 13th [although I think that is on hold], Hellraiser [that hurts] etc.   I want to see something new but I guess it's hard to keep reinventing horror so they take ideas already in place, it'd be nice to see something fresh only flip side as you said alot of the new stuff sucks.  Hills Have Eyes, Silent Hill, etc...   I have to say I did like the first TCM remake, I thought that was really good, TCM The Beginning was okay but it wasn't great.    I really liked George Romero's Land of The Dead in 2005, I thought that was a great for a zombie movie and I am not one for zombie moves, course he is the granddaddy of them.   

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2007, 09:00:38 PM »

I very much agree with you on Land of the Dead.  I thought it was an excellent chapter of the Dead series.  What really made me like the film so much was how they portrayed the zombies as becoming the good guys and the humans as the evil monsters. 

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2007, 11:00:00 PM »

I very much agree with you on Land of the Dead.? I thought it was an excellent chapter of the Dead series.? What really made me like the film so much was how they portrayed the zombies as becoming the good guys and the humans as the evil monsters.?

Yes and they then make the humans subject to the electric fences that they had to deal with..it was sweet justice, Big Daddy was the man beer...LOL.
George Romero was at a Horror film festival here in Long Island NY last year, I was upset I missed it.   

check it out!!
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2007, 12:47:11 AM »

Rob Zombie recently spoke to MTV.com about his upcoming highly anticipated remake of one of horror's most beloved slasher films, "Halloween".

"Michael Myers does not know how to drive in this movie," Zombie told MTV.com over the weekend. "[Myers in the station wagon] always bothered me. They would always play that off like someone must have given him lessons, but you know no one gave him lessons! He's in a maximum-security prison! So, no, he doesn't drive."

It's one of the sure-to-be-controversial revisions that Zombie is making to the classic John Carpenter flick. Realizing that the blueprint has simply been Xeroxed too many times, the ultra-violent filmmaker is now entering the final scenes of an intense 38-day shoot with wrestler/actor Tyler Mane as Myers, 18-year-old Scout Taylor-Compton as imperiled babysitter Laurie Strode and Malcolm McDowell as the eccentric Dr. Loomis.

"I want to make Loomis a man with a tremendous ego," said McDowell, dressed in black and draped in a beige trench coat that evokes predecessor Donald Pleasence. "[He's all about] getting a book out of it, which of course he has done, he's a best-seller ... he's the psychiatrist whose lifelong work is Michael Myers. He's obviously not a very good one, is he?"

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2007, 07:35:03 AM »

Yeah I'm looking forward to this myself, I'm a fan of H1,H2,H4, and H20(which would've been better off as the last one). Out of all these remakes today, this is one of the few that's necessary to make. Halloween:Resurrection sort of turned the franchise into a joke. I like how Rob Zombie is approaching this, he said he's going to reboot the franchise like they did with Batman Begins after Batman & Robin.

couldnt agree more, H20 was a perfect ending. a tortured woman finally overcoming her fears. in my book, that ended the series. having it be that she really chopped the head off the wrong guy is fucking ridiclous.

To me,  Halloween, Halloween 2 and H20, are the definitive movies and a decent trilogy.

Halloween Resseruction was a fucking joke, Myers getting his ass kicked by Busta Ryhmes??? come on. fucking drop kicked out of a window??? wow.

ok, what you just described made me piss myself with laughter. i HAVE to see that film for the comedy.

html sucks
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2007, 06:10:26 PM »

Rob Zombie recently spoke to MTV.com about his upcoming highly anticipated remake of one of horror's most beloved slasher films, "Halloween".

"Michael Myers does not know how to drive in this movie," Zombie told MTV.com over the weekend. "[Myers in the station wagon] always bothered me. They would always play that off like someone must have given him lessons, but you know no one gave him lessons! He's in a maximum-security prison! So, no, he doesn't drive."

It's one of the sure-to-be-controversial revisions that Zombie is making to the classic John Carpenter flick. Realizing that the blueprint has simply been Xeroxed too many times, the ultra-violent filmmaker is now entering the final scenes of an intense 38-day shoot with wrestler/actor Tyler Mane as Myers, 18-year-old Scout Taylor-Compton as imperiled babysitter Laurie Strode and Malcolm McDowell as the eccentric Dr. Loomis.

"I want to make Loomis a man with a tremendous ego," said McDowell, dressed in black and draped in a beige trench coat that evokes predecessor Donald Pleasence. "[He's all about] getting a book out of it, which of course he has done, he's a best-seller ... he's the psychiatrist whose lifelong work is Michael Myers. He's obviously not a very good one, is he?"

Alot of people have problems with the following things:

*SPOILERS*

1. Young Michael talks...

Personally I dont care.... He was a normal kid before he murdered his sister.. As long as its not corny, i'll be fine with it... But i dont like the actor they have for him...

2. Michael cant drive...

It was believable someone taught him to drive in the first one... So its totally believable no one taught him to drive while in the nut house... Thats the norm I'd say...

3. Laurie Strode is not in the movie till the last third...

Kinda bothered me for a second... But it gives a chance to tell a back story.. Some people are never happy... "Not enough Laurie Strode", But if she was in it the same way, people would complain its TO MUCH like the orginal....

4. No Halloween theme

Are you serious?!?!!? This has the potential to ruin the movie for me... No matter what they wont be able to come up with anything , to substitue....

5. From the beginning I didn't like Donald Plesance's charter being replicated.... They should have renamed Loomis, and made him less involved in this remake....

Other than that I dont know to much about the movie... I like to stay away from scripts? ok
« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 06:20:15 PM by Loaded NightraiN » Logged
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2007, 06:25:20 PM »

about the halloween theme, do u mean the music? i'm pretty sure i read somewhere that rob zombie confirmed that it will be basically be the same music from the orginal....maybe a slight varation. i wouldnt worry about that.

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2007, 06:52:50 PM »

Did you post the entire MTV article?? I thought he said it there... Something like, 'It dosent work with what we're doing'...

Come on Rob... Its Michael Myers.... He needs that music... Even if its a remake....

EDIT:

http://www.mtv.com/#/movies/movie/301271/news/articles/1554005/story.jhtml
« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 06:59:26 PM by Loaded NightraiN » Logged
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2007, 07:01:55 PM »

holy shit you are right, my bad. i guess he changed his mind. that sucks. maybe he'll change his mind again lol.

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2007, 07:06:04 PM »

holy shit you are right, my bad. i guess he changed his mind. that sucks. maybe he'll change his mind again lol.

I hear ya dude!!

Isint up to like the producer/editors whatever to decide final musical scores anyway??

If so, they'll come to their scenses about it!
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2007, 05:26:22 PM »

Did you post the entire MTV article?? I thought he said it there... Something like, 'It dosent work with what we're doing'...

Come on Rob... Its Michael Myers.... He needs that music... Even if its a remake....

EDIT:

http://www.mtv.com/#/movies/movie/301271/news/articles/1554005/story.jhtml

Totally Agreed.  I posted this over at our board and I can't believe it when I read it.  How can you not have this theme incorporated into this movie and I am also upset that throughout some of this article and vid, he ranks on the original, like saying how he isn't just having a stunt man in a mask.  Well that's great for him but John Carpentar wanted it that way [some people don't know that], he didn't want his myers to act he just wanted him to do.   I think there is nothing wrong with that and the "actors" did a good job in 1 and 2.    What's with the disrespect to the original movie

check it out!!
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2007, 12:44:13 PM »

have no fear, they are using the original theme song after all, MTV screwed up. They stated that Rob Zombie said he was shelving the original theme song and going with a reworked one that was released some time ago. Turns out he's actually shelved THAT one and the new movie will rock the original theme from '78!!!!!

DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2007, 06:30:43 PM »

Thank God!!   How can you possibly have a Halloween film, any one of them without some sort of rendition of that theme.

Thanks for the info GnFnr87 beer

check it out!!
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2007, 07:31:41 PM »

have no fear, they are using the original theme song after all, MTV screwed up. They stated that Rob Zombie said he was shelving the original theme song and going with a reworked one that was released some time ago. Turns out he's actually shelved THAT one and the new movie will rock the original theme from '78!!!!!

Phew Thank goodness!!
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2007, 06:44:10 PM »

Where did you get that from?? I've heard Rob in a few different interviews say that they won't be using the original theme...

So do you have a source???

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2007, 06:49:50 PM »

Where did you get that from?? I've heard Rob in a few different interviews say that they won't be using the original theme...

So do you have a source???

his myspace  ok
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2007, 06:53:41 PM »

They also took it out of the original MTV interview also that was posted a few days ago.  They definitely corrected it.

http://www.mtv.com/movies/#/movies/news/articles/1554234/20070308/story.jhtml

check it out!!
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2007, 01:45:16 AM »

They also took it out of the original MTV interview also that was posted a few days ago.  They definitely corrected it.

http://www.mtv.com/movies/#/movies/news/articles/1554234/20070308/story.jhtml

AND THANK GOD FOR THAT. Changing the music would have been blasphemous... now bring on the movie.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2007, 04:20:43 AM »

Although I'm not a fan of his House Of 1000 Corpses I really dug The Devils Rejects, and liked what Zombie did with that movie. Hopfully he can do something good with this Halloween.

Also since we are on the topic of the theme music, I always found that video of Buckethead playing it on his guitar haunting  smoking
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 04:36:02 AM by F*ck Fear » Logged

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: