Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 12:05:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The Official Rob Zombie's Halloween Thread(with new pic of michael myers)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Official Rob Zombie's Halloween Thread(with new pic of michael myers)  (Read 14433 times)
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« on: February 26, 2007, 10:57:51 PM »

well.. we don't have a topic about this.

the new haloween movie, hmmm. rob zombie is okay, looks interesting.

i'm a huge fan of the first two. H20 was okay, Ressurection sucked, everything else i've only seen parts of and they werent good.

i'm hopeful. i've seen devils rejects and house of a thousand corpses and they were entertaining. nothing special, i hope rob zombie can pull this off.

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 12:09:28 AM »

almost forgot, its slated for an August 31st Release.

mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 02:38:40 PM »

Im looking forward to this, I hope Rob can also pull it off. Halloween has been dying for some time and I hope Rob can put a new life to the films. Hell if this works out lets hope Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th and etc will follow. Anymore Horror movies have forgot about what scared people years ago. They go way to much into the special effects and the gore, instead of leaving us on our seats scared for the next move.

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
SuperMike
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2007, 02:39:38 PM »

Yeah I'm looking forward to this myself, I'm a fan of H1,H2,H4, and H20(which would've been better off as the last one). Out of all these remakes today, this is one of the few that's necessary to make. Halloween:Resurrection sort of turned the franchise into a joke. I like how Rob Zombie is approaching this, he said he's going to reboot the franchise like they did with Batman Begins after Batman & Robin.
Risico
Rocker

You will lose everything...

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2007, 03:33:25 PM »

Can't wait for this.

After H: Resurrection, I figured that the franchise was dead. It was easily the worst and most desperate sequel of the bunch. Here's hoping that Zombie breathes some new life and gives it some new blood, because it needs it, badly.

I actually like most of the series - Even Halloween 3, which is so fantastically bizarre and out-of-left-field that it works.

When all is said n' done, we're not the only ones...
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2007, 04:04:42 PM »

Yeah I'm looking forward to this myself, I'm a fan of H1,H2,H4, and H20(which would've been better off as the last one). Out of all these remakes today, this is one of the few that's necessary to make. Halloween:Resurrection sort of turned the franchise into a joke. I like how Rob Zombie is approaching this, he said he's going to reboot the franchise like they did with Batman Begins after Batman & Robin.

couldnt agree more, H20 was a perfect ending. a tortured woman finally overcoming her fears. in my book, that ended the series. having it be that she really chopped the head off the wrong guy is fucking ridiclous.

To me,? Halloween, Halloween 2 and H20, are the definitive movies and a decent trilogy.

Halloween Resseruction was a fucking joke, Myers getting his ass kicked by Busta Ryhmes??? come on. fucking drop kicked out of a window??? wow.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 04:07:39 PM by GnFnR87 » Logged

Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2007, 09:06:04 PM »

I heard this one is going to focus alot on his childhood and what not. should be a good movie.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2007, 09:17:19 PM »

yeah i'm pretty excited for this. i think the main problem wiht horror films these days is lack of atmosphere/buildup. the original Halloween had perfect atmosphere with the music and buildup throughout the beginning. you actually feel for the characters etc.. people tend to forget that his movie had barely any gore and was still pretty fuckin scary.

Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2007, 09:20:31 PM »

Horrible idea.  I hated House of 1000 Corpses with a passion and didn't even bother with the Devil's Rejects.  Why don't they just leave these franchises alone?  Instead of suckling the cash teet of the cow, just let the series go on a high note.  Instead of making 1000 remakes or sequels, here's an interesting idea...put all that effort into creating something new!  God knows the horror genre as it's called these days fucking sucks.  There hasn't been a decent horror movie in years.  This whole Grudge, Ring, Saw, Final Destination shit is pathetic.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Jackamo!
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2007, 09:29:13 PM »

The Devil's Rejects was great.

Anyone read the script for this new movie? I didn't but I heard complaints.
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2007, 09:32:49 PM »

yeah i've heard mixed reactions about the script too. we'll see i guess. cant wait for some kinda of teaser trailer.

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2007, 10:24:18 PM »

I love HalloweeN, and I'll def check this out... I'm not a fan of House, but I loved Devils Rejects.. I don't expect Zombie to make this like those at all though... I saw Zombie last year open for godsmack, and he came out dressed as Michael Myers during a solo... Hilarious!!

H20 COULD have been good if it wasn't a clone of scream, and didn't disown 4-6 in the meantime... I know 5 and 6 weren't the greatest, but you cant act like they never happened... Plus why would I want to see a movie where 56 people survive, Michael gets his ass kicked all day, and trots around in 2 different masks...

Don't even get me started on H8... Michael backing down for Busta? Roll Eyes
A little piece of me died when I saw that... I vowed to never see a HalloweeN movie in theaters again... But now since its not following H8, and Zombie is involved, I can change that rule? ok

BTW: I'm diggin his look in this movie!!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 10:44:05 PM by Loaded NightraiN » Logged
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2007, 04:44:02 PM »

I love HalloweeN, and I'll def check this out... I'm not a fan of House, but I loved Devils Rejects.. I don't expect Zombie to make this like those at all though... I saw Zombie last year open for godsmack, and he came out dressed as Michael Myers during a solo... Hilarious!!

H20 COULD have been good if it wasn't a clone of scream, and didn't disown 4-6 in the meantime... I know 5 and 6 weren't the greatest, but you cant act like they never happened... Plus why would I want to see a movie where 56 people survive, Michael gets his ass kicked all day, and trots around in 2 different masks...

Don't even get me started on H8... Michael backing down for Busta? Roll Eyes
A little piece of me died when I saw that... I vowed to never see a HalloweeN movie in theaters again... But now since its not following H8, and Zombie is involved, I can change that rule? ok

BTW: I'm diggin his look in this movie!!

yeah i didnt like his masks in the recent movies, especially halloween resseruction. i love this new look too.

i heard doctor loomis will have a more important role, like more screen time, and i also heard this will be much more Michael Myers based, like not about the victimes, the movie will center more around myers. this is an interesting idea but i'm not sure how it will work out for the movie but its different and sounds cool.

there was talk of including michael myers in a movie where he fights jason or freddy or both, but i dont think that'll happen now. if it did i think michael myers would make jason and freddy his bitches.....LOL i loved michael the most out of those old slasher/killers.

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2007, 06:11:03 PM »

there was talk of including michael myers in a movie where he fights jason or freddy or both, but i dont think that'll happen now. if it did i think michael myers would make jason and freddy his bitches.....LOL i loved michael the most out of those old slasher/killers.

Hmm I dunno, it'd be good... I think he could out smart Jason, but when it comes down to the fight... Jasons got it wrapped up
Jackamo!
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2007, 09:34:34 PM »

rofl

best part of the Halloween series:

When the black guy (was it Busta Rhymes?) said "Trick or Treat Muthafucka!" and took out Myers.

I use that quote on Halloween all the time.
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2007, 10:07:15 PM »

new pics:

Dr. Loomis (Malcolm McDowell)

Annie (Danielle Harris), Laurie (Scout Taylor-Compton) and Lynda (Kristina Klebe)

i really hope to god that this  movie is good.....

Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2007, 10:34:36 PM »

Whoa I didn't know Malcolm McDowell was in it....maybe I'll give it a chance. 

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2007, 11:52:29 PM »

I am definitely a halloween fanatic.? ?I am not thrilled about this new movie.? I understand what Zombie is doing he is making this Halloween his own and I get that but I just have trouble liking it.? ?I too think H20 would have been a good ending for Michael and then if someone else wanted to do another movie, make Laurie the killer now.? ?Problem is the Halloween franchise went into two directions the Jamie direction and then 6 going totally into a Thorn direction killing Jamie and then H20 went back in the original direction but totally excluded that Jamie even existed and Ressurection was a debacle.? ?I know that die hard Jamie fans are loving the fact she is cast and showing her boobs in this, only problem for me is I always see her as Jamie not Annie.? ?Anyhow, I haven't really liked what I have read about the script, if it's true, it's almost going too far with Michael.? I have a bit of a problem with the child Michael.? This pic here is a forced dirty look

Where as Michael was psychotic as a child a blank stare, blank/black eyes, psychotic look not dirty look.? ?Okay I know...not the same, Zombie making it his own no? ? ?I dunno, I just have to see it, I am not digging it so far but maybe that will change after I have seen the movie.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2007, 12:14:41 AM »

Whoa isn't that the kid from Hanson?  He looks like a little whiney shitheaded kid.  Only thing scary about him would be finding out he belongs to you.  Malcolm McDowell should just show up as Alex and kick everyone's ass.  That's the only way I could find this film worthwhile.

GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2007, 01:18:36 AM »

The difference is Zombie is remaking Halloween. Halloween is an absolute classic. Batman '89, however, is debatable. And Batman Begins has almost nothing to do with Batman '89. It contradicts many things within Batman '89 because it literally is a re-boot and an entirely different franchise.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: