Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 05:54:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Radio Station Asking If They Should Play Songs From CD - Once It's Released!
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Radio Station Asking If They Should Play Songs From CD - Once It's Released!  (Read 8348 times)
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2007, 02:59:11 PM »

Well I read through most of those replies and most were very positive. The more it gets played the more it'll get heard. That means that it has more of a chance for people to like it. I think every rock station should play the album from start to finish on their stations once its released.
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2007, 03:00:15 PM »

Ok I actually listen to 102.1, and I just sent my comments.

My 2-cents:

The EDGE has always been the biggest fucking trendwhore of a radio station since the 90s. Every trend - Emo, Nu-Metal, etc - has gotten a sick amount of airplay. Why? Because it's new. And I've heard GNR on there ONCE in 15 or so years.

They haven't had a good DJ since George Strombolopolous left to Much Music and now to CBC (the Americans here might remember him as the host of The One on ABC, but nevermind that show, he's actually one of the best music critics/DJs in this country, he was on the FLOOR for GNR in 2002, unlike all the other press monkeys who were up in the press box).

Now GNR is popular with the kids who are going back and discovering the few good albums in their parents CD collection. Great, cuz I actually have hopes for this generation, unlike the late-90s/early 00's which sucked harder then a 2$ Thai whore at quitting time.

So yes, they should play it... that feedback list was surprisingly positive. GNR has put on some killer shows in Canada in the last few years, we pretty much lucked out with what, 9 Canadian shows on the last leg of the tour? The band seems a lot more popular here than in the US... yet in Toronto it's usually only 97.7 (which is actually a southern ontario station and not a toronto station) and 107 that plays them, and then it's usually the old stuff (cept Madagascar has been played on 97.7).
gnr_12
Rocker

Nothin' Lasts Forever...

« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2007, 03:21:20 PM »

Toronto is a huge market, and 102.1 the edge is a huge promoter of music... i mean.. Ill Scarlett a local band from my hometown of Mississauga has made it pretty big up here because of the radio play stations like the edge provided... all im saying is dont underestimate the power of the radio...

Personally, as long as i like the CD thats all that matters..

That goes for all you punks in the press, That want to start shit by printin' lies, Instead of the things we said, That means you, Andy Secher, Mick Wall ,Bob Guccione Jr.
Get In the Fuckin Ring Punks
neon2002
Rocker

What the hell is a hab?

« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2007, 04:11:14 PM »

Wow 100 posts so far... I think that's a new record for comments on her BLOG.

http://www.edge.ca/station/blog_josie_dye.cfm?bid=8505

Good work guys!
 Smiley

"This Melody Inside Of Me Still Searches For Solution"
neon2002
Rocker

What the hell is a hab?

« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2007, 04:13:09 PM »

^ maybe if they live in Southwestern ontario but i really doubt someone form England or Sweden or Los Angeles or New york or whatever is gonna turn on a Toronto radio station when they got their own local station to listen to...this album will be played everywhere (at least the first single) Undecided

it doesnt really matter to me if the station plays the songs or not...i dont listen to them regularily...and because of that i'm not gonna try to sway their polls by voting. IMO this poll is for the average fan of that station....not a world wide vote... peace

Last year they said that they were in the Top 10 (in the world) for Radio Staions Listened to Online so you could easily make a case for it being a world wide vote.

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2007, 04:17:16 PM »

^ maybe if they live in Southwestern ontario but i really doubt someone form England or Sweden or Los Angeles or New york or whatever is gonna turn on a Toronto radio station when they got their own local station to listen to...this album will be played everywhere (at least the first single) Undecided

it doesnt really matter to me if the station plays the songs or not...i dont listen to them regularily...and because of that i'm not gonna try to sway their polls by voting. IMO this poll is for the average fan of that station....not a world wide vote... peace

Last year they said that they were in the Top 10 (in the world) for Radio Staions Listened to Online so you could easily make a case for it being a world wide vote.

damn that is surprising...my apologies then.... vote away....i wanna detailed description of the fall out from the listeners though after the album comes out hihi

neon2002
Rocker

What the hell is a hab?

« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2007, 04:23:27 PM »

Ok I actually listen to 102.1, and I just sent my comments.

My 2-cents:

The EDGE has always been the biggest fucking trendwhore of a radio station since the 90s. Every trend - Emo, Nu-Metal, etc - has gotten a sick amount of airplay. Why? Because it's new. And I've heard GNR on there ONCE in 15 or so years.

They haven't had a good DJ since George Strombolopolous left to Much Music and now to CBC (the Americans here might remember him as the host of The One on ABC, but nevermind that show, he's actually one of the best music critics/DJs in this country, he was on the FLOOR for GNR in 2002, unlike all the other press monkeys who were up in the press box).

Now GNR is popular with the kids who are going back and discovering the few good albums in their parents CD collection. Great, cuz I actually have hopes for this generation, unlike the late-90s/early 00's which sucked harder then a 2$ Thai whore at quitting time.

So yes, they should play it... that feedback list was surprisingly positive. GNR has put on some killer shows in Canada in the last few years, we pretty much lucked out with what, 9 Canadian shows on the last leg of the tour? The band seems a lot more popular here than in the US... yet in Toronto it's usually only 97.7 (which is actually a southern ontario station and not a toronto station) and 107 that plays them, and then it's usually the old stuff (cept Madagascar has been played on 97.7).

Yeah I saw George S. @ that show. I was only a few rows away from him. (I'm not even going to try to spell his last name but he is a cool music guy for sure. Alan Cross is pretty good too)

beer

bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2007, 04:34:29 PM »

Are they playing songs from Appetite ?    drool

/bringbackadler

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2007, 05:28:50 PM »

let the band and their record company do their own promotion. I don't give a shit what radio station plays it, as long as I get to hear it!

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2007, 06:19:19 PM »

this is sooooo fucking awsome they just played the leak on the radio station i listen too (Z92 in Omaha, NE) and they opened the lines to people who wanted to comment and every one said it was awsome (me included) its the same leak thats on Youtube but i thought it was cool to hear it on the radio for the first time ok

Heres to a CHINESE DEMOCRACY eventually beer cheers.

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2007, 09:45:53 PM »

They are playing "Better" here in Detroit as well now...
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: