Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 07:34:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Radio Station Asking If They Should Play Songs From CD - Once It's Released!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Radio Station Asking If They Should Play Songs From CD - Once It's Released!  (Read 8362 times)
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2007, 11:20:41 AM »

Play it.  This  might be the only chance others get to hear these songs.  Play it!
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2007, 11:41:48 AM »

Hi all. I live in Toronto which is the biggest city in Canada and the 5th biggest city in North America. The biggest New Rock Station in Toronto 102.1 The Edge ( www.edge.ca ) is debating whether or not they should play New GN'R. I've been trying for years to get this station to play GN'R but to no avail. They usually play more alternative rock but they played Velvet Revolver and have often played old & new Metallica. If we could get them to play new GN'R it could really help GN'R gain some momentum.

This is the article that they have up on their website now:

QUESTION OF THE DAY:
SHOULD WE PLAY GUNS AND ROSES ON THE EDGE?

A new Guns N' Roses song called "Better," described as the first single from the band's long-delayed Chinese Democracy album, briefly surfaced online earlier this week at various web sites. The sites were asked almost immediately by representatives for the group to take it down, although one site, called Hype Machine, was still hosting the song yesterday (Wednesday, February 21st). The voice on the tune is unmistakably that of singer W. Axl Rose, while the music features a heavy dose of electronics and a more pop feel than previous Guns N' Roses tracks.

? A first single from the album has never been officially announced.
? It's less than two weeks until March 6th, when Rose tentatively promised that Chinese Democracy would be released.
? Guns N' Roses will begin a world tour in late April with its first-ever concerts in South Africa.
? It's been 13 years in the making...should we play tunes from this album?
Please help us out, would like like to hear old and new tunes from Guns and Roses or is this a classic rock thing?

Talk to me!

Please take the time to let them know what you think by clicking here:

http://www.edge102.com/station/blog_josie_dye.cfm

And here:

http://www.edge102.com/station/blog_josie_dye.cfm?bid=8505&sc=1

Thanks in advance guys!

beer

Ehi guy? ... get a life...

Who cares?

You want to try growing up mate. What a pathetic response to a positive post. Why are you a Guns N Roses fan and why do you use this site if you think things like that? The dude was posting an informative subject about the band, and what Guns fan wouldnt want to hear them being played on the radio? Mike

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2007, 11:47:57 AM »

i hate the edge......lol

listen to 97.7 htz fm....its better IMO ok and they've already played IRS Wink but that was back last Feb

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2007, 11:55:42 AM »

Once it's released, it should be heard.

I have worked in the Radio industry, and I can tell you that listener requests do not control the station format.

So why do you think they are asking their listeners this question in this case?
floppyfish27
Banned
Rocker

back on top of the world

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2007, 11:58:51 AM »

I have worked in the Radio industry, and I can tell you that listener requests do not control the station format.

They are trying to find a reason to bash gnr I'm sure... well based on the comments people have placed on their "blog" it appears we have made sure that won't happen... well probably except for negative nancy ( acciu, post #2) the pompus ass
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2007, 12:11:42 PM »

none of their music they play is at all like gnr....never has been...this is an odd thing for sure Undecided

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2007, 12:18:36 PM »

most comments are positive.  yes

Chinese democracy is not only for classic rock fans.
coming from all over the place, it should go to all over the place.
Be fruitful, and multiply and replenish the globe.  peace
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2007, 12:37:43 PM »

yeah but like someone mentioned this seems to be more of a thing to make fun of them Undecided

anyway they do play eminem from time to time so who knows what they will do. I mean GnR does have elements of modern music more so than Classic GnR did...and the have members from lots of "alternative" bands....who knows

jsut this station mostly plays billy talent and chilipeppers and killers and my chemical romance and fall out boy and NIN....just they've never really strayed to a hard rock kinda playlist....gnr would be out of place IMO...but i mean the more exposure they get the better i suppose...the average fan of the edge may not like it though peace

neon2002
Rocker

What the hell is a hab?

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2007, 12:41:30 PM »

none of their music they play is at all like gnr....never has been...this is an odd thing for sure Undecided

Well they play Velvet Revolver a lot and from time to time they play Old & New Metallica so it wouldn't be that far out for them to play New GN'R once it's released...

"This Melody Inside Of Me Still Searches For Solution"
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2007, 12:44:08 PM »

i don't understand what them playing eminem has anything to do with them not playing gnr.. eminem's good music and so is gnr.. IT'S ALL MUSIC! i say if it sounds good, play it.. if it doesn't, don't.. not listening to certain music because you're limited by "genre" is pretty pathetic in my opinion. 

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2007, 12:47:01 PM »

that must be a rarity cu i've never heard them play that stuff...but like i said i dont listent to them often everytime i turn there billy talent is on hihi or something similar that makes me wanna poke out my eyes

anyway IMO the more exposure on radio stations the better peace although i'm not looking forward to rotations every 20 minutes when the album finally doe s come out puke

i don't understand what them playing eminem has anything to do with them not playing gnr.. eminem's good music and so is gnr.. IT'S ALL MUSIC! i say if it sounds good, play it.. if it doesn't, don't.. not listening to certain music because you're limited by "genre" is pretty pathetic in my opinion.

yeah well they got a fan base to cater too...thats all im saying...for the most part they got a certain style of music they play...same with all stations since the begining of time Tongue

absolutelytrue
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2007, 12:52:39 PM »

They are trying to find a reason to bash gnr I'm sure... well based on the comments people have placed on their "blog" it appears we have made sure that won't happen... well probably except for negative nancy ( acciu, post #2) the pompus ass

The music is all pre planned in most cases?  If fans that listen to your station want to hear new GnR they will play it.  Does it not matter how many fans support the band?
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2007, 12:57:55 PM »

yeah well they got a fan base to cater too...thats all im saying...for the most part they got a certain style of music they play...same with all stations since the begining of time Tongue

yeah but such stations shunning music from certain artists just because the artists don't fit their mold of what genre they should be in is fucking stupid  hihi
they call themselves an "alternative" music station... well, here's an alternative to what they USUALLY play and it sounds fucking great! so what's the problem? this is why i fucking hate mainstream media such as the radio  lol

i honestly don't give a shit who plays gnr and who doesn't.. when the album comes out, my car stereo's gonna have a copy of CD playing in it, not the fucking radio, so fuck em lol   ok

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2007, 01:00:11 PM »

yeah but like someone mentioned this seems to be more of a thing to make fun of them Undecided

anyway they do play eminem from time to time so who knows what they will do. I mean GnR does have elements of modern music more so than Classic GnR did...and the have members from lots of "alternative" bands....who knows

jsut this station mostly plays billy talent and chilipeppers and killers and my chemical romance and fall out boy and NIN....just they've never really strayed to a hard rock kinda playlist....gnr would be out of place IMO...but i mean the more exposure they get the better i suppose...the average fan of the edge may not like it though peace

but you must have noticed how far many positive responses they've got than the stations/sites dedicated only to hard rock kinda bands usually do.  Wink
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2007, 01:03:40 PM »

i honestly don't give a shit who plays gnr and who doesn't.. when the album comes out, my car stereo's gonna have a copy of CD playing in it, not the fucking radio, so fuck em lol? ?ok

i hear that ok I'll be the exact same way

but you must have noticed how far many positive responses they've got than the stations/sites dedicated only to hard rock kinda bands usually do. Wink

how many are from this board? Chances are the same fans from here that vote arent gonna listen to this station after the album is out...so then the regular fanbase from 102.1 kicks in then it gets shit reviews. Know what i mean? Every edge listener i know doesnt like GnR....at all...i prolly only know about 10-12 people that listen to that station regularily, but still 0 out of 10 aint very good odds hihi

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2007, 01:05:47 PM »

in fact they are the same people that laugh at me for liking a washed up has been cheesy rock band Undecided

(but thats ok i laugh at them for liking crap music hihi )

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2007, 01:14:48 PM »

Chances are the same fans from here that vote arent gonna listen to this station after the album is out

Chances are they are gonna listen to the station if the new songs are played there. And then that and the songs themselves will turn on the regular fanbase of 102.1.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2007, 01:22:15 PM »

^ maybe if they live in Southwestern ontario but i really doubt someone form England or Sweden or Los Angeles or New york or whatever is gonna turn on a Toronto radio station when they got their own local station to listen to...this album will be played everywhere (at least the first single) Undecided

it doesnt really matter to me if the station plays the songs or not...i dont listen to them regularily...and because of that i'm not gonna try to sway their polls by voting. IMO this poll is for the average fan of that station....not a world wide vote... peace

Ganja4Life
Banned
VIP

Peace,Love,Guns N' Roses

« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2007, 01:25:17 PM »

in fact they are the same people that laugh at me for liking a washed up has been cheesy rock band Undecided

(but thats ok i laugh at them for liking crap music hihi )

haha thats awesome man that made me laugh hihi

Hi,my name's Dakota
I like Guns N' Roses
They're my favorite band
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2007, 02:35:03 PM »

Music is subjective, getting into an argument with someone about whose music is bad or good is a waste of time.  No one ever changes their mind.  Emailing a radio station telling them to play GNR because the rest of their music is shit is just going to make it 10x more likely they wont play GNR.  If you wrote something like "love the radio station, love gnr, ive heard leaked tracks and live tracks theyre great, fit in totally" it would actually make a difference.  Yes the programmer gets ultimate say at most stations, but GNR is such a wild card right now I bet a lot of people are going to be confused as to what to do.  If you want to convince people to like GNR tell them you like what they listen to and if you like that youll like GNR too.  I cant listen to Eminem, i dont get why hes popular, but he does something right cause people love him. If I was talking to an Eminem fan id say something like "A lot of the same messages and controversial things eminem talks about, Axl deals with etc..."

Since GNR management has been so out of it (all reports say they have no manager) and Axl's pr has been awful (always the bad guy in the breakup/looks crazy/reports of fat, bald, botoxed etc...), I really believe its going to be upto hardcore fans to sell this album.  That means calling radio stations and telling friends etc... YOull never convince someone to like your music or even give it a shot if youre like "what you like is shit."  As fans we should remain positive and spread this music to others.

Normally I couldnt give a damn about sales, but here any chance of a follow up, any chance of great world tours and bigger concerts.  Also, Axl Rose's entire legacy pretty much rides on this.  He should be considered at least one of the greatest, most influential, groundbreaking front men of all time.  Right now the public generally does not think of Axl like that and if this album bombs (and it will if just fans today buy it) then there will be no follow up, there will be no more tours and we might not see Axl performing again until 2012 for their induction to the hall of fame.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: