Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 07:57:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Radio Station Asking If They Should Play Songs From CD - Once It's Released!
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Radio Station Asking If They Should Play Songs From CD - Once It's Released!  (Read 8391 times)
neon2002
Rocker

What the hell is a hab?

« on: February 26, 2007, 09:23:59 AM »

Hi all. I live in Toronto which is the biggest city in Canada and the 5th biggest city in North America. The biggest New Rock Station in Toronto 102.1 The Edge ( www.edge.ca ) is debating whether or not they should play New GN'R. I've been trying for years to get this station to play GN'R but to no avail. They usually play more alternative rock but they played Velvet Revolver and have often played old & new Metallica. If we could get them to play new GN'R it could really help GN'R gain some momentum.

This is the article that they have up on their website now:

QUESTION OF THE DAY:
SHOULD WE PLAY GUNS AND ROSES ON THE EDGE?

A new Guns N' Roses song called "Better," described as the first single from the band's long-delayed Chinese Democracy album, briefly surfaced online earlier this week at various web sites. The sites were asked almost immediately by representatives for the group to take it down, although one site, called Hype Machine, was still hosting the song yesterday (Wednesday, February 21st). The voice on the tune is unmistakably that of singer W. Axl Rose, while the music features a heavy dose of electronics and a more pop feel than previous Guns N' Roses tracks.

? A first single from the album has never been officially announced.
? It's less than two weeks until March 6th, when Rose tentatively promised that Chinese Democracy would be released.
? Guns N' Roses will begin a world tour in late April with its first-ever concerts in South Africa.
? It's been 13 years in the making...should we play tunes from this album?
Please help us out, would like like to hear old and new tunes from Guns and Roses or is this a classic rock thing?

Talk to me!

Please take the time to let them know what you think by clicking here:

http://www.edge102.com/station/blog_josie_dye.cfm

And here:

http://www.edge102.com/station/blog_josie_dye.cfm?bid=8505&sc=1

Thanks in advance guys!

beer

"This Melody Inside Of Me Still Searches For Solution"
acciu
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 09:26:20 AM »

Hi all. I live in Toronto which is the biggest city in Canada and the 5th biggest city in North America. The biggest New Rock Station in Toronto 102.1 The Edge ( www.edge.ca ) is debating whether or not they should play New GN'R. I've been trying for years to get this station to play GN'R but to no avail. They usually play more alternative rock but they played Velvet Revolver and have often played old & new Metallica. If we could get them to play new GN'R it could really help GN'R gain some momentum.

QUESTION OF THE DAY:

A new Guns N' Roses song called "Better," described as the first single from the band's long-delayed Chinese Democracy album, briefly surfaced online earlier this week at various web sites. The sites were asked almost immediately by representatives for the group to take it down, although one site, called Hype Machine, was still hosting the song yesterday (Wednesday, February 21st). The voice on the tune is unmistakably that of singer W. Axl Rose, while the music features a heavy dose of electronics and a more pop feel than previous Guns N' Roses tracks.

? It's less than two weeks until March 6th, when Rose tentatively promised that Chinese Democracy would be released.
? Guns N' Roses will begin a world tour in late April with its first-ever concerts in South Africa.
Please help us out, would like like to hear old and new tunes from Guns and Roses or is this a classic rock thing?

Talk to me!

And here:

Thanks in advance guys!

beer

Ehi guy  ... get a life...

Who cares?
neon2002
Rocker

What the hell is a hab?

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 09:28:22 AM »

And just to clarify they're NOT asking if they should play Leaked Songs - Only Official songs once Chinese Democracy is released.

ok

neon2002
Rocker

What the hell is a hab?

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2007, 09:29:31 AM »

Ehi guy? ... get a life...

Who cares?

Thanks for taking the time to contribute that usless post.
 ok

NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2007, 09:31:45 AM »

Well, useless or not, I've added my comment anyway Wink

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
robd788
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2007, 09:49:24 AM »

Should we really be going around beging radio stations to play them?
I couldnt care less if my local radio station never plays GNR, as long they actually release the CD i will be happy
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2007, 09:52:25 AM »

If the station doesnt cater to an audience that like GNR and if they are going to approach it like that (questioning whether or not to play it), I think probably most people are going to bash it regardless. ?Also the dj's will probably bash it if they have them. ?If you can stand listening to people complain about it then tell them to play it, at worst itll reach a few open minded people. ?However, I guess I just think people in Canada probably have a lot of preconcieved notions about Axl and regardless of what the first single sounds like they probably already have an opinion on the songs.

I think what a lot of people dont realize is a lot of the music industry is getting people who speak to fans to say that the album is good. The record buying public for the most part are mindless drones. ?Things like this will probably be the biggest hurdle, most of the stations that play GNR now are considered "oldies" stations (at least where im from Columbus, Ohio, bigger cities probably have wider varieties). ?These stations either play the hits from the 80's or 90's or play classic rock or have like the house of hair or other syndicated metal shows. ?The question will be is whether or not these stations that love GNR, play them all the time, will play the new stuff. ?They definitely did not/do not play velvet revolver. ?Im just worried the new GNR will be left out in the cold by radio since they are widely considered an 80's/90's band, and they are making music for and in 2007.

Still i dont think either matters much, not many people still listen to FM radio.
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2007, 09:53:16 AM »

I couldnt care less if my local radio station never plays GNR, as long they actually release the CD i will be happy

Nobody's begging them to play GNR and it's not a useless thread. rant

I just sent my comments and told them that most of the shit they do play is crap. With shit bands and music such as 3 days grace, among many others, being played non-stop it'd be nice to hear some real music again.

Here, here... ? beer

Smarten the fuck up people. ?rant
neon2002
Rocker

What the hell is a hab?

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2007, 10:00:09 AM »

We're not begging. This particular station is asking if they should play New GN'R. We all know that the songs that we've heard off of CD are great and the more people that get the chance to hear them the better. (No pun intended)

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2007, 10:05:27 AM »

Guns N' Roses will begin a world tour in late April with its first-ever concerts in South Africa.

Wrong.
 in mid april in Japan.

edit to add :on 14/4/2007- the number is 9 this year. ok
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 10:08:05 AM by ppbebe » Logged
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2007, 10:07:18 AM »

I left a positive comment  yes
ChrisPittman
Banned
Rocker

There Was a Time

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2007, 10:08:19 AM »

Love this radio station, play every track that you can get from the new album, I always listen to the Edge when im in Toronto. The more exposure the songs get the more pressure will be put on the management, the label and then in turn the band and the management to release the album

June 6th 06 @ RDS, Dublin, Ireland
July 29th 06 @ Wembley Arena, London, England
floppyfish27
Banned
Rocker

back on top of the world

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2007, 10:50:02 AM »

Ehi guy? ... get a life...

Who cares?

What a pompus ass!!! 

anyway.... to each their own.. this is a fans board.... why not help the man out in his local area to play some GNR? 
I put in my comments for ya ChrisPiTman
Ganja4Life
Banned
VIP

Peace,Love,Guns N' Roses

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2007, 10:56:25 AM »

havnt heard anything over here in N.B. yet. I'll leave a comment..I think they should..you can't please everyone..some people are gunna love it,some people are gunna hate it..atleast people 'll hear it.

Hi,my name's Dakota
I like Guns N' Roses
They're my favorite band
neon2002
Rocker

What the hell is a hab?

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2007, 10:57:29 AM »

Keep up the good work guys, she just emailed me back:

--- Josie Dye <> wrote:

> I'm gonna show my boss!
>
> Josie Dye
> Middays
> 102.1 The Edge
> http://www.edge.ca/station/blog_josie_dye.cfm?bid=7660
> 416-646-8628
> www.edge.ca

>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: 
> Sent: Monday, February 26, 2007 10:40 AM
> To: Josie Dye
> Subject: VIA WEB: GN'R - CFNYFM - Toronto Market -
>
> Wow there's been a lot of action on your GN'R BLOG!
> So are you guys going to play New GN'R once Chinese
> Democracy is
> released later this year?
>

neon2002
Rocker

What the hell is a hab?

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2007, 11:00:13 AM »

QUESTION OF THE DAY:

Talk to me!

And here:

Thanks in advance guys!

beer

They've archived it, so here's the New Link:

http://www.edge.ca/station/blog_josie_dye.cfm?bid=8505

CVBTank
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2007, 11:01:18 AM »

If you're desperate for a follow up, you should care about radio play.

Why wouldn't the Edge play the music?  This is a horribly stupid internet promotion.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2007, 11:10:55 AM »

Radio is a business.  If the album is a success, and the genre is close to what they usually play, they'll play it. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Estranged28
Opening Act

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2007, 11:11:59 AM »

To even ask the listeners this question is stupid. ?This album will have promotion and set-up just like all albums do before it drops. ?That means that this radio station will be sent a promotional packet along with the single, whatever that song may be. ?At that point, the Program Director of the radio station will decide to add it into the rotation. ?I have worked in the Radio industry, and I can tell you that listener requests do not control the station format. ?It is very controlled, very well programmed in advance, and very influenced by the record labels.

"But times are hard, our thrills are cheaper.? As your arms get shorter, your pockets get deeper!"
tomc102968
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2007, 11:18:09 AM »

just a little reminder-- thats how gnr broke by fans begging radio stations to play their music. the fans demanded to hear the music
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: