Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 08:49:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Gunsnroses.com updated with CD update
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gunsnroses.com updated with CD update  (Read 78692 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #480 on: February 27, 2007, 01:43:35 PM »

if new layers are added does the track need to be remixed? i'd think so. now we dont know what ron and frank recorded on or what axl added...or what is already mixed and what isnt...or even a track list....with a constant shuffling of tracks for the album would they really have completed, mixed songs that may not see the light of day for years or ever?

Certainly possible.  Another point is...."rough mixes" are still mixes.  They demostrate some progression in the mixing process has taken place.

I guess cuz we dont know anything that i assumed that when mixing was finally brought up that i assumed that everythign needed to be mixed....also once the thing starts mixing isnt it more likely that leaks will happen? we havent heard of any leaks aside from the 3 or 4 songs and CITR is definately not mixed professionaly...and from mysteron's comment better isn't either...so i would guess that IRS and TWAT that leaked are also in rough mixing stagessince they seem to be from the same source. Anyway not sure where i'm going with this but since there is no leaks of finished songs then i'm guessing that either they have the tightest security ever on this album or no tracks are finished yet. Undecided

Traditionally, leaks take place AFTER mastering, when the album goes into production/replication.  Sometimes stuff leaks during mixing, or mastering, but it's a far less likely scenario.

in short we dont really know anything so I assume the worst hihi but i'm jsut talking about it to talk about it and get everyones thoughts...not trying to start a rumor  peace

Exactly. Smiley  Nobody really knows.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #481 on: February 27, 2007, 01:49:36 PM »

Traditionally, leaks take place AFTER mastering, when the album goes into production/replication.? Sometimes stuff leaks during mixing, or mastering, but it's a far less likely scenario.

ahh thanks i wasnt sure at which point it happened i knew it was during one of the two stages

Certainly possible. Another point is...."rough mixes" are still mixes. They demostrate some progression in the mixing process has taken place.

but "rough mixes" wont make it to the album....so a final mix still needs to be done

in short we dont really know anything so I assume the worst hihi but i'm jsut talking about it to talk about it and get everyones thoughts...not trying to start a rumor peace

Exactly. Smiley Nobody really knows.

isn't the run-around guess-work fun? rofl if one thing good is coming outta this i get to learn some stuff from people that know a bit about the music biz hihi ok

Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #482 on: February 27, 2007, 01:59:18 PM »

Whats really annoying now is that they didn't release another 'tentative' date. Now we have no idea when they are planning on releasing the fucker unless you believe HMV!

Here today...ready to rock
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #483 on: February 27, 2007, 02:00:19 PM »

but "rough mixes" wont make it to the album....so a final mix still needs to be done

Right, but going from "rough mix" to "final mix" is, usually, a much shorter process than going from "raw track" to "final mix".  MOST bands, from what I know, usually don't have "Rough mixes" hanging around for years and years.  They go into the studio, record the tracks, and then head to mixing.  They may generate rough mixes at that time, but it's while working on the process of completion.  You may get a bunch or rough mixes during that process, but they all represent some level of progress toward the final mix.

Edit: For anyone wanting to take shots at the above...yes, I know I'm simplifying the process, and yes, I know they can go back and forth between mixing and the studio to lay down new tracks to fit into the mix, etc. 
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 02:04:17 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #484 on: February 27, 2007, 02:01:40 PM »

Whats really annoying now is that they didn't release another 'tentative' date. Now we have no idea when they are planning on releasing the fucker unless you believe HMV!

I agree.  I don't understand why they would'nt give us another tentative date in that press release...unless something is REALLY wrong.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #485 on: February 27, 2007, 02:04:52 PM »

well they didnt technically rule out march 6th....and axl said

If we are delayed for unseen reasons, you also will be notified as soon as possible in regard to a new date, and the album will be released as shortly thereafter as is possible. We thank you for your patience.

so according to the man we will know a release date asap ok does that make you feel better? hihi

They go into the studio, record the tracks, and then head to mixing. They may generate rough mixes at that time, but it's while working on the process of completion. You may get a bunch or rough mixes during that process, but they all represent some level of progress toward the final mix.

so the 2 versions of better that have surfaced may in fact be different levels of mixing the same track in the same mixing session? Undecided

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #486 on: February 27, 2007, 02:07:05 PM »

No one seem to remember the Tommy interview. things must have changed since then/the recording sessions tho.

So you prefer another tentative to an official one?
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #487 on: February 27, 2007, 02:12:25 PM »

No one seem to remember the Tommy interview. things must have changed since then/the recording sessions tho.

What do you mean by the refernce to tommys interview, ppbebe?

I would'nt do that if I were you.
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #488 on: February 27, 2007, 02:12:51 PM »

I personally would prefer ANY date at this point...right here, right now. ?Just for some reassurance. ?The more I think about the Del James post, the more uncomfortable I am with it. ?1) It was credited to a non-band member. ?2) It mentions mixing, which is extremely vague (look at how many posts have been made in here about how long mixing might or might not take) 3) It does NOT give a new date...tentative nor official. ?I don't want to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but something is not right here. ?Something is being covered up.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #489 on: February 27, 2007, 02:17:24 PM »

so the 2 versions of better that have surfaced may in fact be different levels of mixing the same track in the same mixing session? Undecided

It's possible, I suppose.  Again, though, I don't know of many bands that have rough mixes around for years and years, or take the better part of a decade to produce an album.  In other words, nothing about the way GnR has put this album together is "standard".

It's probably better (no pun intended) to say that the 2 versions probably display the progress being gone through to GET to a final mix (whether they've gotten there yet or not, we don't know).  The 2 versions could be hours, days, weeks, months, or even YEARS apart in terms of when they were actually mixed, though.  No real way to tell on that front.

Together again,
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #490 on: February 27, 2007, 02:20:02 PM »

It's possible, I suppose.? Again, though, I don't know of many bands that have rough mixes around for years and years, or take the better part of a decade to produce an album.? In other words, nothing about the way GnR has put this album together is "standard".

It's probably better (no pun intended) to say that the 2 versions probably display the progress being gone through to GET to a final mix (whether they've gotten there yet or not, we don't know).? The 2 versions could be hours, days, weeks, months, or even YEARS apart in terms of when they were actually mixed, though.? No real way to tell on that front.

pretty ridiculous quite frankly when it comes down to it hihi

It's possible, I suppose. Again, though, I don't know of many bands that have rough mixes around for years and years, or take the better part of a decade to produce an album. In other words, nothing about the way GnR has put this album together is "standard".

It's probably better (no pun intended) to say that the 2 versions probably display the progress being gone through to GET to a final mix (whether they've gotten there yet or not, we don't know). The 2 versions could be hours, days, weeks, months, or even YEARS apart in terms of when they were actually mixed, though. No real way to tell on that front.

its too close now and too many false dates ahve been given....i dont think we will hear anything now until a date is set in stone  peace

Bartlet
Banned
VIP

« Reply #491 on: February 27, 2007, 02:23:15 PM »

I personally would prefer ANY date at this point...right here, right now. ?Just for some reassurance. ?The more I think about the Del James post, the more uncomfortable I am with it. ?1) It was credited to a non-band member. ?2) It mentions mixing, which is extremely vague (look at how many posts have been made in here about how long mixing might or might not take) 3) It does NOT give a new date...tentative nor official. ?I don't want to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but something is not right here. ?Something is being covered up.

Well you do sound like a conspiracy theorist, and you are. you just seem to want anything to make you feel better. but it would just be a placebo im aftraid.

the message seems to be, roughly, that mixing takes the same length as a piece of string, especially with axl.

axl may hate every mix he hears, and keep gettin diferent people in to do it til he's happy. in which case a tentative date would be useless and it could literally take years.

now, i personally believe that he will get it sorted as soon as he can, as long as he can do it to his satisfaction. and i would suggest, as i have in the past, that the satus of the other bandmembers is enough to encourage axl to hurry it along a little.

but im just positing a worst case scenario in order to show you that itll come whenever it comes. we have hardly any knowledge and no control.

and band members have said that its being mixed, it isnt just dell. nothing is being covered up. if they tried to cover up this chaos, it would be as obvious as the harley and rs things last year.

AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #492 on: February 27, 2007, 02:23:57 PM »

I think he means tentative as opposed to none. ?I would rather hear that it might be coming on a certain date than not have any date. ?Still, I think the tentative date was a farce, but something he had to do. ?Whether it was his promise because of the leaks or it was mercs idea, the band committed to 2006. ?Axl couldnt go through 2006 without giving the fans anything (since his manager promised 2006). ?So he gave an update, gave a tentative release date that was pretty close. ?I also think he wanted to stop touring (my opinion, some of the later shows I went to seemed not to have the same emotion that the videos from Kroq or from Europe showed. They were great, but in those European shows the band seemed to rival if not outdo the original lineup). ?

I dont think Axl should have to give us anything, but he is now locked into giving fans dates and updates. ?I hope he doesnt rush mixing and mastering, that would be a shame. ?Hell if this takes till next January thats fine to me so long as its right. ?My complaint is I dont like the updates because I think he is trying to please the fans and he should go back to not giving a damn about our whines. ?Fact is fans are always going to whine, and now thats theres the internet we can whine louder...whats the fun of being on the message board without an opposing view. ?If you dont want to hear views then just make this a news site where you post news without comments. ?We whine, Italian fan sites whine, Axl should do his thing, hopefully not feel the need to string us along and just finish it when its finished. ?

IMO its going to be our job as fans to sell this album, that means telling friends, forcing friends to listen to it, requesting on radio stations, hosting videos on youtube etc... I really dont trust the GNR pr team, and I dont think the label is going to put much more money into this. ?It feels like theyve washed their hands and written this off. ?I dont believe March 6th was possible, maybe wished for, but I doubt possible.
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

« Reply #493 on: February 27, 2007, 02:26:10 PM »

I think he means tentative as opposed to none. ?I would rather hear that it might be coming on a certain date than not have any date. ?Still, I think the tentative date was a farce, but something he had to do. ?Whether it was his promise because of the leaks or it was mercs idea, the band committed to 2006. ?Axl couldnt go through 2006 without giving the fans anything (since his manager promised 2006). ?So he gave an update, gave a tentative release date that was pretty close. ?I also think he wanted to stop touring (my opinion, some of the later shows I went to seemed not to have the same emotion that the videos from Kroq or from Europe showed. They were great, but in those European shows the band seemed to rival if not outdo the original lineup). ?

I dont think Axl should have to give us anything, but he is now locked into giving fans dates and updates. ?I hope he doesnt rush mixing and mastering, that would be a shame. ?Hell if this takes till next January thats fine to me so long as its right. ?My complaint is I dont like the updates because I think he is trying to please the fans and he should go back to not giving a damn about our whines. ?Fact is fans are always going to whine, and now thats theres the internet we can whine louder...whats the fun of being on the message board without an opposing view. ?If you dont want to hear views then just make this a news site where you post news without comments. ?We whine, Italian fan sites whine, Axl should do his thing, hopefully not feel the need to string us along and just finish it when its finished. ?

IMO its going to be our job as fans to sell this album, that means telling friends, forcing friends to listen to it, requesting on radio stations, hosting videos on youtube etc... I really dont trust the GNR pr team, and I dont think the label is going to put much more money into this. ?It feels like theyve washed their hands and written this off. ?I dont believe March 6th was possible, maybe wished for, but I doubt possible.

i know what he means, to which i reply as above. they have tried to avoid tentative dates coz theyre useless, and they know it.

AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #494 on: February 27, 2007, 02:40:54 PM »

i know what he means, to which i reply as above. they have tried to avoid tentative dates coz theyre useless, and they know it.

I totally agree.  I can understand why fans want them, hell, id rather have one it makes me feel happier about this album.  However, if there isnt logic behind the date and its incredibly opitmistic in the end it is just a placebo that strings people along.  I hope the next update is with an official release regardless of when that is.  Still I dont blame anyone for wanting a tentative release date, it does "feel" like we are moving backwards, but im sure theyre progessing.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #495 on: February 27, 2007, 02:57:00 PM »

I totally agree.? I can understand why fans want them, hell, id rather have one it makes me feel happier about this album.? However, if there isnt logic behind the date and its incredibly opitmistic in the end it is just a placebo that strings people along.? I hope the next update is with an official release regardless of when that is.? Still I dont blame anyone for wanting a tentative release date, it does "feel" like we are moving backwards, but im sure theyre progessing.

And where do you rate in terms of the world's greatest logicians?   Roll Eyes

Axl gave a tentative date because he was trying to do the right thing, but he was always up against a wall of unknown height. It was a brave thing to do.

Bartlet
Banned
VIP

« Reply #496 on: February 27, 2007, 03:05:12 PM »

I totally agree.? I can understand why fans want them, hell, id rather have one it makes me feel happier about this album.? However, if there isnt logic behind the date and its incredibly opitmistic in the end it is just a placebo that strings people along.? I hope the next update is with an official release regardless of when that is.? Still I dont blame anyone for wanting a tentative release date, it does "feel" like we are moving backwards, but im sure theyre progessing.

And where do you rate in terms of the world's greatest logicians?? ?Roll Eyes

Axl gave a tentative date because he was trying to do the right thing, but he was always up against a wall of unknown height. It was a brave thing to do.

if that was a reference to me, then you should know my answer as ive largely always supported the band and the efforts to get new material out tyhere.

if it was not a reference to me i apologise for bein so touchy!

whats more i largely agree with axlrose4eva's last post. all u basically just said is is it was a tough deadline for axl to set. but he deliberately set it nonetheless. that must say something.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 03:11:33 PM by AL1978 » Logged

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #497 on: February 27, 2007, 03:09:55 PM »

definately was...persoanlly i woulda been more satisfied with a spring/summer type of announcement than a tentaive date so soon...but whatever done is done....i just kinda wonder how the media will react on tuesday if/when it's not out

haha dammit i'm s'posed to be happy that the album is mixing right now! beer

Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #498 on: February 27, 2007, 03:12:21 PM »

When you've waited years for the album with zip diddly shit apart from the occasional glimmer of hope from a band member dates are comforting, albeit tentative. I didn't really believe the March 6th but whatever it was nice to think they had a target. Maybe they should have set a 'tentative handover to record company date' that way there are less 'unkown heights'

In fact I don't really need tentative dates, just realistic updates with a snippet of info about the album would do.

I want my fucking album. ?rant

I apologise if that sounds like my true feelings showing. Lets hope they handover before the tour starts otherwise we could be in for another long wait

Here today...ready to rock
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #499 on: February 27, 2007, 03:12:43 PM »

And where do you rate in terms of the world's greatest logicians?? ?Roll Eyes

I don't know if brave is the right word. ?I do think he needs to give a date and actually stick to it. ?He needs to gain a little credablilty back.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: