Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 03:18:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Gunsnroses.com updated with CD update
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gunsnroses.com updated with CD update  (Read 78593 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #440 on: February 26, 2007, 08:41:59 AM »

Pilferk, it is not speculation anymore. Go look in the Dead Horse section. 4eva pulled up a great summary in the GH lawsuit.

No, I know.

I was simply responding to your post calling attention to the fact...basically saying "I'm not surprised" is all.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
absolutelytrue
« Reply #441 on: February 26, 2007, 10:07:36 AM »

It can take sometime.?

After mixing they have to master it which should not take too much time.? The main thing after that is to press and package the CD's as long as they have the art work in place and after that...Promotion and in the stores.

Unless there are upper management problems with distribution and royalties?

Who knows.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 11:14:11 AM by absolute » Logged
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #442 on: February 26, 2007, 09:53:21 PM »

Now I know how reliable HMV is...so I am just letting you know what is being reported.

From Blabbermouth.net

GUNS N' ROSES: 'Chinese Democracy' To Arrive In September? - Feb. 26, 2007

The web site of HMV, the leading music retailer in the United Kingdom, is listing the release date for the eternally delayed new GUNS N' ROSES album, "Chinese Democracy", as September 17. No official release date has yet been announced for the CD.

Longtime GUNS N' ROSES associate Del James has revealed in a new online posting that "Chinese Democracy" is currently in the "mixing" stage.

GUNS N' ROSES will headline South Africa's My Coke Festival in Johannesburg on April 27 and Cape Town on May 1. The band will also perform in Japan, Thailand, South Africa, South America, Mexico, Australia, and New Zealand.

GUNS N' ROSES did complete its first successful North American road trip in over a decade last year, along with a European trek.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 10:15:15 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« Reply #443 on: February 26, 2007, 10:12:41 PM »

It can take sometime.?

After mixing they have to master it which should not take too much time.? The main thing after that is to pressand package the CD's as long as they have the art work in place and after that...Promotion and in the stores.

Unless there are upper management problems with distribution and royalties?

Who knows.

The album can come out whenever they want it to..mixing and mastering would not take long working on it everyday for a few weeks...tops and mastering a day maybe two for some strange reason the first day didn't pan out.. somebody is dragging their heels.. CD is just a album right? Hell, I bet he's got 50,60,70 tracks on 1 song....mixing that shit would be a nightmare

5/14/06 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #444 on: February 26, 2007, 10:16:05 PM »

Now I know how reliable HMV is...so I am just letting you know what is being reported.

From Blabbermouth.net

The web site of HMV, the leading music retailer in the United Kingdom, is listing the release date for the eternally delayed new GUNS N' ROSES album, "Chinese Democracy", as September 17. No official release date has yet been announced for the CD.

Longtime GUNS N' ROSES associate Del James has revealed in a new online posting that "Chinese Democracy" is currently in the "mixing" stage.

GUNS N' ROSES will headline South Africa's My Coke Festival in Johannesburg on April 27 and Cape Town on May 1. The band will also perform in Japan, Thailand, South Africa, South America, Mexico, Australia, and New Zealand.

GUNS N' ROSES did complete its first successful North American road trip in over a decade last year, along with a European trek.

Sorry FunkyMonkey, I don?t get it

this is for real or not??? september now ??

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #445 on: February 26, 2007, 10:17:44 PM »

http://www.humbuckermusic.com/aug1820basmi.html

this site provides a pretty good overview of what a mixing process actually is since it seems a lot of people have misconceptions about it. ?It also tells about the different approaches to mixing and how some albums are mixed while recording and other albums dont even start mixing and adding effects and such until after all recording is done. ?Whichever approach GNR did and how much mixing has actually been done already will determine when the album is ready to be mastered. ?If the album is just starting to be mixed or in the early process (which the demos sounded like) then I would guess that this could be rather lengthy due to the different producers affiliated with this and Axl's perfectionism.

One month seems to be about the norm for albums right now in the mixing process (mastering can be done in 24 hours). ?However, who knows what phase of mixing they are at, if they are just having a producer/engineer do it or if Axl is working with them. ?I would say any guess about the albums release date is just that. . . a guess.

at their rate, they'll mix a song a month, which brings us to 5/2008
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #446 on: February 26, 2007, 10:19:35 PM »

Pilferk, it is not speculation anymore. Go look in the Dead Horse section. 4eva pulled up a great summary in the GH lawsuit.

No, I know.

I was simply responding to your post calling attention to the fact...basically saying "I'm not surprised" is all.

Dave--everyone remember Dave, who left in a puff--always said the new band started in 1998. I guess good ol' Dave was  right after all. About something. rofl
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #447 on: February 26, 2007, 10:20:35 PM »

From Blabbermouth.net

Sorry FunkyMonkey, I don?t get it

this is for real or not??? september now ??

HMV has been wrong before but I guess that is what they have on their site now as a release date... according to Blabbermouth.net

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=67816

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #448 on: February 27, 2007, 12:35:04 AM »

Well the UYI albums were released in September 1991. Maybe CD will be Sept 07...

I for one hope that it isn't the case. Because then by September, we'll get another excuse that it's pushed back until christmas, then christmas will come and it'll get pushed back to 2008... hihi

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #449 on: February 27, 2007, 04:18:16 AM »

Well the UYI albums were released in September 1991. Maybe CD will be Sept 07...

I for one hope that it isn't the case. Because then by September, we'll get another excuse that it's pushed back until christmas, then christmas will come and it'll get pushed back to 2008... hihi

Thats the magic GNR formula

What I find weird is that Axl said a tentative date of March. So he can't have imagined mixing would have taken that much longer, even if the schedules were delayed I would have expected a date before september

Here today...ready to rock
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #450 on: February 27, 2007, 08:51:51 AM »

I think by now it should be pretty clear that they never planned on March 6.  I think that when Merc made his announcement it was about 3 months before 2006 and it sounds like he thought he could expedite the entire process.  Axl says Merc believed that this album.  Axl obviously wanted to stop touring and had to provide some comfort to fans who were disappointed at the end of 2006 with no CD.  March 6 was a date that obviously would buy him some time, but theres no way that he could have possibly believed it.  I think September sounds like a good possibility, the thing about HMV and Blabbermouth is that they have been wrong about release dates before, but theyve never been overly pessimistic.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #451 on: February 27, 2007, 10:32:40 AM »

I don't think even Axl knows exactly how long the process will take and when it might come out. His March 6th announcement proves that.  Which just shows that HMV definitely doesn't have a clue about a release date. But we were updated about the progress only 2 months after that announcement. In the grand scheme of this album's long , crazy production, that really isn't too bad.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #452 on: February 27, 2007, 10:36:58 AM »

If I had $1 for every time HMV posted bogus information... Roll Eyes

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #453 on: February 27, 2007, 11:26:54 AM »

I think by now it should be pretty clear that they never planned on March 6.? I think that when Merc made his announcement it was about 3 months before 2006 and it sounds like he thought he could expedite the entire process.? Axl says Merc believed that this album.? Axl obviously wanted to stop touring and had to provide some comfort to fans who were disappointed at the end of 2006 with no CD.? March 6 was a date that obviously would buy him some time, but theres no way that he could have possibly believed it.? I think September sounds like a good possibility, the thing about HMV and Blabbermouth is that they have been wrong about release dates before, but theyve never been overly pessimistic.

Axl's not stupid, why would he suggest a bs date just to keep people happy after years of not saying anything?

Logically he thought mixing and mastering would take a month or so after the announcement and then 2 months to release, thus March 6th. In reality probably what happened is the recording took a little longer than anticipated and then they missed their mixing timeslot, therefore there was a delay. Now that the mixing is happening they are back on track and I'd expect a June or July release.

But then again, there could be other factors at play such as commercial reasons that I couldn't comment on.

Here today...ready to rock
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #454 on: February 27, 2007, 11:48:34 AM »

I think by now it should be pretty clear that they never planned on March 6.? I think that when Merc made his announcement it was about 3 months before 2006 and it sounds like he thought he could expedite the entire process.? Axl says Merc believed that this album.? Axl obviously wanted to stop touring and had to provide some comfort to fans who were disappointed at the end of 2006 with no CD.? March 6 was a date that obviously would buy him some time, but theres no way that he could have possibly believed it.? I think September sounds like a good possibility, the thing about HMV and Blabbermouth is that they have been wrong about release dates before, but theyve never been overly pessimistic.

Axl's not stupid, why would he suggest a bs date just to keep people happy after years of not saying anything?

Logically he thought mixing and mastering would take a month or so after the announcement and then 2 months to release, thus March 6th. In reality probably what happened is the recording took a little longer than anticipated and then they missed their mixing timeslot, therefore there was a delay. Now that the mixing is happening they are back on track and I'd expect a June or July release.

But then again, there could be other factors at play such as commercial reasons that I couldn't comment on.

Why would he want to keep people happy after guaranteeing 2006?  1. so he can cancel a tour no questions asked and 2. to keep fans.  He knew he was going to have BBF and Frank record, he had to know that this didnt come close to his 8 weeks in advance to the record company time limit.  What mixing timeslot? where are you getting that information.  You pick a date 2 months in advance cause it seems close, then before that date you release the actual release date, it strings people along, keeps them interested.
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #455 on: February 27, 2007, 12:04:11 PM »

Why would he want to keep people happy after guaranteeing 2006?? 1. so he can cancel a tour no questions asked and 2. to keep fans.? He knew he was going to have BBF and Frank record, he had to know that this didnt come close to his 8 weeks in advance to the record company time limit.? What mixing timeslot? where are you getting that information.? You pick a date 2 months in advance cause it seems close, then before that date you release the actual release date, it strings people along, keeps them interested.

here we go again. people posting speculation based on very shkey foundations, and not being honest about that!

AxlRose4eve1, where did you get the info that axl new the adding the work of bbf and frank would take us beyond march 6th?

your only answer is that you did not get it from anywhere, even from logic. because you have no idea when they started adding their parts, or even if they are adding to whats there (or simply contributing to songs that were not complete when the predecessors left), or replacing bh and brains parts. and you have no idea of the delays alluded to by Del James on their website.

I would'nt do that if I were you.
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #456 on: February 27, 2007, 12:27:08 PM »

Actually I know for a fact that Frank and BBF were recording parts in mid january.  Even if they recorded the day the tour ended, the album still needed to be mixed and mastered before being turned in.  Axl says it takes 8 weeks from being turned in.  Its simple math.  If Frank and BBF recorded for even one day, lets say January 7th, at best mixing would be finished February, 8 weeks from then is April.  Recording new parts made it impossible to get a march 6th date.  I think Axl knew when he made his statements he was going to record new parts.

It isnt speculation at all to say that BBF and Frank were recroding well into january, mixing takes a month, even on non complex albums.  Rush recorded an album in 3 weeks, mixing still took a month.  March 6 was a well strategized midway point imo, he probably figured he would have an actual date by then.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #457 on: February 27, 2007, 12:32:39 PM »

i gotta agree 100% with AxlRose4eva1 here

IMO the date was a smoke screeen to settle people down....it came right on the heels of that italian site closing....and the boards were getting a bit stir crazy....it was a stall tactic plain and simple. after 6 moths of touring the guys went thier separate ways back to thier families for the holidays...so after the holidays (starting jan 2nd) they had a week to accomplished everything....just not feasible. peace

PeterCoffin
Rocker

don't wear floppy pants

« Reply #458 on: February 27, 2007, 12:41:35 PM »

They'll say something on the 6th.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #459 on: February 27, 2007, 12:42:30 PM »

I don't believe it was any kind of smoke screen.

March 6th was a tentative date that could've happened if everything went smoothly.

Now, if you read Del's update, you'll see that he mentions delays and scheduling difficulties.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: