Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 09:00:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Gunsnroses.com updated with CD update
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gunsnroses.com updated with CD update  (Read 78708 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #380 on: February 23, 2007, 10:41:32 AM »

You guys are now having a purely legal debate, nothin to do with gnr. you are ruining the thread for many, im sure.

Pilferk, always respected your posts, honestly. But really, how many "last words" can you have? You have almost had as many as Axl has put finishing touches to CD.

I think you should both get a room. One of the esteemed legal institutions in which either of you works might oblige.

Its days like this make me wish i was a mod.

Absolutely right...and we're going in circles...so I really am "out" this time.  Seems likely almost everyone else on the board is bored by this one....

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #381 on: February 23, 2007, 10:52:31 AM »

You guys are now having a purely legal debate, nothin to do with gnr. you are ruining the thread for many, im sure.

Pilferk, always respected your posts, honestly. But really, how many "last words" can you have? You have almost had as many as Axl has put finishing touches to CD.

I think you should both get a room. One of the esteemed legal institutions in which either of you works might oblige.

Its days like this make me wish i was a mod.

Absolutely right...and we're going in circles...so I really am "out" this time.? Seems likely almost everyone else on the board is bored by this one....

To be honest I'm at this point as well.

I pretty much check here every couple of days now to see if anything has developed. With this new "message from Del" it'll be even less now. There's only so much I can take.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #382 on: February 23, 2007, 02:57:57 PM »

I stumbled upon this today it comes from W. Axl Rose v. Geffen Records, a dvision of Umg Recordings, Inc., WL 3705691 (W.D. Cal).
----------

Subject to paragraph 10.03, Geffen and any licensee of Geffen shall have the perpetual right, without liability to any Person, and may grant to others the right, to reproduce, print, publish or disseminate in any medium the Album Artwork, your name, the names, portraits, pictures and likenesses of the Artist(Guns N' Roses/ GNR  "marks") ... and biographical material concerning them solely for purposes of advertising, promotion and trade in connection with you or Artist, the making and exploitation of Records[FN5] hereunder and general goodwill advertising for Geffen Records.

FN5. The term Records is defined in the Recording Agreement to include all forms of reproductions. Recording Agreement at paragraph 14.01.
------------------------------

According to their contract Axl cannot renegotiate or argue over promotion.  Geffen has the right to do what they want.  This was upheld by the court in 2005 and would not be overturned now.
------------------------------
From the same case:

In the other May 1, 1998 amendment, see Hoffman Decl. Ex. A, Axl Rose agreed, among other things, to deliver that new studio LP (which was even then long overdue under the Recording Agreement) no later than March 1, 1999 and received a substantial advance from Geffen in return. Hence, although other individuals have joined Axl Rose in performing under the name ?Guns N' Roses? since 1998, Rose is the only principal in the band.

Accordingly, Mr. Rose, the only ?Remaining Member? of Guns N' Roses. . . received an advance of $257,545 (for the GHLP) . . .and has not offered to return it.
-----------------------------
This pretty much shows that according to the courts in california and the contract (Axl could add members to it but has chosen not to) Axl is the only member of GNR.  It also shows that he definitely cares about money otherwise i think he woulda returned the quarter of a million dollars geffen gave Rose as an advance to GHLP.  None of this is bad though, its pretty standard.  Record companies suck they screw over artists, but people shouldnt bash people who say Axl is the band and this is about money because there is a lot of proof that says that. 

I believe this is a band, I believe Axl wants to make the best album possible and I think he is driven be ego, pride, and money.  I think he will come out with a great album, put on entertaining shows for years to come.  I just am greedy and want multiple albums and the longer we wait for this the longer we wait for next etc...  I guess I dont think people understand that I just wish Axl would go back to being the guy who doesnt cater to fans, who does what he wants when he wants.  I meant that as a compliment.

Everything is in Axl's hands, this album will be out when Axl wants, however, once he turns it over to the label he loses control.  I think that might be the reason for the delay, once the master recording is in their hands they can do whatever they would like, they could even re-master it if they wanted.  As long as that album isnt out Axl is in the drivers seat with the label, once its out, he is back to being at their mercy.
TrixAreForKids
Silly Rabbit
Rocker

Tongue like a razor.

« Reply #383 on: February 23, 2007, 03:12:20 PM »

Everything is in Axl's hands, this album will be out when Axl wants, however, once he turns it over to the label he loses control.? I think that might be the reason for the delay, once the master recording is in their hands they can do whatever they would like, they could even re-master it if they wanted.? As long as that album isnt out Axl is in the drivers seat with the label, once its out, he is back to being at their mercy.

That doesn't mean that Axl can't come to terms with Universal (in another contract) regarding creative control of the album. I highly doubt Axl will let anyone tinker with the album once it's done mastering.  ok
madagas
« Reply #384 on: February 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM »

So, Pilferk and 4eva, it looks like Axl probably did renegotiate the original gnr contract in 1998. The beginning of the new Gnr era. Hmmmmm.
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #385 on: February 23, 2007, 03:52:22 PM »

Accordingly, Mr. Rose, the only ?Remaining Member? of Guns N' Roses. . . received an advance of $257,545 (for the GHLP) . . .and has not offered to return it.

What does GHLP stand for?

Also, is it possible to access the entire document?

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
TrixAreForKids
Silly Rabbit
Rocker

Tongue like a razor.

« Reply #386 on: February 23, 2007, 03:54:50 PM »

What does GHLP stand for?

Also, is it possible to access the entire document?

Greatest Hits LP
madagas
« Reply #387 on: February 23, 2007, 03:57:16 PM »

I want to see that may 1 1998 amendment, exhibit a.... ok
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #388 on: February 23, 2007, 04:18:00 PM »

so does this mean that Mar 6th aint happening? cuz thats how i read it....i'm just curious...alot of people took alot of shit when that date was questioned....myself included Tongue

flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #389 on: February 23, 2007, 04:49:41 PM »

aint no way march 6 th is possiable , it takes 8 weeks roughl;y when the record is finally mastered , according to Axl.
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #390 on: February 23, 2007, 04:56:19 PM »

Yeah i can post the entire document as long as mods dont mind.? Also, I wont be able to tell anyone where I work, cause Westlaw searches cost 200$ a search and if they knew I was running searches for GNR cases theyd be pretty upset.
Its a really large document so ill put it up in a new topic, if mods wanna delete it or move it or whatever go ahead, cant link it cause its only reported in westlaw and you need a Westlaw account to get in and pretty much only lawschools and lawfirms have those.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 05:01:00 PM by AxlRose4eva1 » Logged
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #391 on: February 23, 2007, 05:09:28 PM »

http://news.aol.com/entertainment/music/articles/_a/gnr-scraps-new-album-release-date-again/20070222191609990001

GN'R Scraps New Album Release Date Again
By Jonathan Cohen
Reuters
NEW YORK (Feb. 22) - The seemingly never-ending saga of Guns N' Roses ' "Chinese Democracy" album rolls on, as the group has once again postponed the project's release.

What's taking so long? Just the ongoing soap opera that is GN'R.
? Get More on the March to 'Democracy'

The band announced in December that "Chinese Democracy" was tentatively due March 6, but with that date fast approaching, the album is back off the schedule.

"There is no official release date, as the band is currently mixing, but after some delays and scheduling difficulties, things appear to be moving along," reads a post on GNR's Web site (http://www.gunsnroses.com).

"The good news is that all of the recording for the album has been completed," the post continues. "Drummer Frank Ferrer and guitarist Ron 'Bumblefoot' Thal integrated themselves into the recordings seamlessly and will have their presence felt."

"Chinese Democracy" is the first Guns N' Roses  album since the 1993 covers collection "The Spaghetti Incident?" In the ensuing decade, the group has lost every original member besides vocalist Axl Rose and burned through a reported $13 million in recording expenses.

On Wednesday, a high-quality version of planned album track "Better" made the rounds on the Internet but was quickly pulled from a number of blogs at the request of the band's management. In Los Angeles, modern rock station KROQ played it twice before a cease-and-desist letter arrived, a DJ announced.

GNR will return to live duty for its first-ever shows on the African continent April 27 in Johannesburg and May 1 in Cape Town.

gnrevolution.com
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #392 on: February 23, 2007, 05:26:15 PM »

at least all the recording is done now i'm guessing June Smiley

hopefully by June we'll be head banging headbanger

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #393 on: February 23, 2007, 05:28:57 PM »

I'm sure a few websites are just copying this exact same text.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #394 on: February 23, 2007, 07:02:45 PM »

Needs more cowbell.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #395 on: February 23, 2007, 08:11:40 PM »

at least i got ''better'' out of this.damm it man it rockz !

the one an only horsey !
badapple81
« Reply #396 on: February 23, 2007, 08:15:22 PM »

I'm just pleased to see recording is finished!
DarrenLeves
Rocker

Rock In Hull

« Reply #397 on: February 24, 2007, 06:00:37 AM »

Axl Did say if anything changes we would be informed - and we have been. whats the problem?

No he did NOT. still we have been and got the update on the state of the album.?
That's extra nice of them. Whats the problem, indeed?

i think ppbebe and myself should teach a class on interpreting that statement coz SO SO SO MANY of you have it wrong!

from the statement Axl Made from December 14th 2006 'If we are delayed for unseen reasons, you also will be notified as soon as possible'
the TENTATIVE date Axl Gave was March 6th?

Now The Statement made by Del James Made on Feburary 22nd 2007 'There is no official release date, as the band is currently mixing, but after some delays and scheduling difficulties, things appear to be moving along'

In the first statement We Had a Tentative Release date and the sentence 'if we are delayed you will be notified'. and In the second We had no Offical Release date and the sentence 'after some delays and scheduling difficulties'. Now How Have I Miss Interpreted those 2 Statements?  If you are hinting that the album will STILL be released on March 6th/March 5th, then Im affraid your going to be dissapointed

« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 07:59:06 AM by DarrenLeves » Logged
smugolo
Headliner

"I don't worry about nothin', no..."

« Reply #398 on: February 24, 2007, 06:44:02 AM »

may or june are now looking alot more likely for the albums release

GN'R 2006 - Dublin 9th June - Sheffield 18th July - Manchester 23rd July
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #399 on: February 24, 2007, 11:47:15 AM »

may or june are now looking alot more likely for the albums release

What makes you so optimistic?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 26 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: