Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 02:44:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Gunsnroses.com updated with CD update
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gunsnroses.com updated with CD update  (Read 78578 times)
BBF Rocks
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #420 on: February 25, 2007, 02:37:25 PM »

just for the timeframe sake... Ozzy is just starting the mixing of his next album, which will be out in early june...
so i guess a late April or May release is possible for GNR..

yeah but it's of course each up to each band how much mixing they want done, how many tracks they need to work on (as far as mixing goes) etc so it's impossible to say
Ganja4Life
Banned
VIP

Peace,Love,Guns N' Roses

« Reply #421 on: February 25, 2007, 05:31:33 PM »

may or june are now looking alot more likely for the albums release

What makes you so optimistic?
what makes you so pesemistic?

It's called realistic.

I don't get it...I see June being a possibility..maybe by my b-day the 18th..who knows?

it must be horrible living with your glass half empty hihi  june is realistic man! peace

Hi,my name's Dakota
I like Guns N' Roses
They're my favorite band
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #422 on: February 25, 2007, 06:21:02 PM »

Anybody know how long anyone other than gnr took to master their albums back in 91? have tehnological advances really sped the process up?

I would'nt do that if I were you.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #423 on: February 25, 2007, 06:25:13 PM »

Anybody know how long anyone other than gnr took to master their albums back in 91? have tehnological advances really sped the process up?

Great question I would also love to know the answer to that

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #424 on: February 25, 2007, 06:25:53 PM »

I think the possibility of this being a double album will keep the album from hitting the streets for at least another 3 to 4 months.

And that's being hopeful. ? ?confused

/bringbackadler

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #425 on: February 25, 2007, 06:33:31 PM »

I think the possibility of this being a double album will keep the album from hitting the streets for at least another 3 to 4 months.

And that's being hopeful. ? ?confused

/bringbackadler

if it were gonna be a double album we would probably know Roll Eyes
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #426 on: February 25, 2007, 07:03:55 PM »

just for the timeframe sake... Ozzy is just starting the mixing of his next album, which will be out in early june...

yeah but it's of course each up to each band how much mixing they want done, how many tracks they need to work on (as far as mixing goes) etc so it's impossible to say

yeah, i just said it to make some kind of timeframe it can take to mix a big album. Well, we dont know for sure what to come, if it will be double or what.. so yeah, it could take even longer.. But at this stage i belive it looks like a spring/early sumer release.. With the world tour and everything. The feeling that they making things happen as we speak, is enough for me  ok

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #427 on: February 25, 2007, 07:11:22 PM »

if thats the case, i'd say june 2008
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #428 on: February 25, 2007, 07:31:59 PM »

mixing and mastering does no take 3 months to accomplish , it is a matter of days.for all we know it could be finished already
BBF Rocks
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #429 on: February 25, 2007, 07:34:56 PM »

yeah, i just said it to make some kind of timeframe it can take to mix a big album. Well, we dont know for sure what to come, if it will be double or what.. so yeah, it could take even longer.. But at this stage i belive it looks like a spring/early sumer release.. With the world tour and everything. The feeling that they making things happen as we speak, is enough for me? ok

i like your positive attitude! ok beer
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #430 on: February 25, 2007, 07:56:10 PM »

if it were gonna be a double album we would probably know Roll Eyes

How would we know?  Huh  Cry

Axl's whole Modus Operandi on this project has for the most part, been completely shrouded in confusion and mystery.  nervous  Lips Sealed

Nobody within the GNR camp EVER gives much useful info on what's actually going on behind the scenes.  no

For all any of us know, Axl could have a big surprise up his sleeve for the whole world and is actually planning on releasing 3 CD's at the same time.

Something of mind-blowing proportions, that would end up topping all of his previous efforts.  Shocked

Think about it for a minute people because I believe that something like this might actually happen and wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Let's face it, with Axl Rose, anything's possible.  yes  confused

I'm probably wrong though and this is merely wishful thinking on my part but, it would be cool if it happened!   beer

« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 07:58:37 PM by Crowebar » Logged
Yesterday
Rocker

"It seems like forever and a day....."

« Reply #431 on: February 25, 2007, 08:08:10 PM »

Ok we have an update, and my guess is no CD on 03/06/07.  But it is close and as stated numerous time with Axl anything is possible.  Atleast they are updating the site.   beer

Time just fades the pages in my book of memories...
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #432 on: February 25, 2007, 08:14:03 PM »

http://www.humbuckermusic.com/aug1820basmi.html

this site provides a pretty good overview of what a mixing process actually is since it seems a lot of people have misconceptions about it. ?It also tells about the different approaches to mixing and how some albums are mixed while recording and other albums dont even start mixing and adding effects and such until after all recording is done. ?Whichever approach GNR did and how much mixing has actually been done already will determine when the album is ready to be mastered. ?If the album is just starting to be mixed or in the early process (which the demos sounded like) then I would guess that this could be rather lengthy due to the different producers affiliated with this and Axl's perfectionism.

One month seems to be about the norm for albums right now in the mixing process (mastering can be done in 24 hours). ?However, who knows what phase of mixing they are at, if they are just having a producer/engineer do it or if Axl is working with them. ?I would say any guess about the albums release date is just that. . . a guess.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #433 on: February 25, 2007, 08:25:58 PM »

A guess indeed.

But my guy is telling me an end of June/ beginning of July release Smiley

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #434 on: February 25, 2007, 08:30:17 PM »

A guess indeed.

But my guy is telling me an end of June/ beginning of July release Smiley

mid summer releases tend to be avoided by the record company and itll be their ultimate decision when to release it.  My guess is itll be ready by end of june but not released till around september...  One bad thing is that while mixing takes most bands a month (GNR usually takes longer than most bands), from what ive seen is most bands who began mixing an album this january or february have release dates for their albums spanning from mid april till fall.  Even bands like Rush who take 30 days to record an album take a month to mix it, so itll be interesting to see what happens.  One thing we can say definitively though is it wont be out early march (didnt think it needed to be said, but a lot of people keep saying "with axl anythings possible"),
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #435 on: February 25, 2007, 08:32:21 PM »

mixing and mastering does no take 3 months to accomplish , it is a matter of days.for all we know it could be finished already

Most people would say "recording and releasing an album does not take 10 years to accomplish"...  ok
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #436 on: February 25, 2007, 08:34:01 PM »

I think he probably wants to get it out as soon as humanly possible at this point just as much as the rest of the guys in the band, but with any business, all it takes is one guy to be sick, or on holidays until next week, and the whole damn project falls behind Undecided

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #437 on: February 25, 2007, 09:28:18 PM »

I don't care what the pessimistic people say. It can't take another 13 years to mix an album, so the album has to come out soon or a later.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #438 on: February 25, 2007, 09:50:56 PM »

CD updates are pretty much meaningless.  I like the sounds of this one though, so the hope is still there.  Hopefully thats the case with everyone else as well.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #439 on: February 26, 2007, 08:34:40 AM »

So, Pilferk and 4eva, it looks like Axl probably did renegotiate the original gnr contract in 1998. The beginning of the new Gnr era. Hmmmmm.

That's always been the speculation...that he renegottiated right around the time of Live Era.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 26 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: