Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 04:29:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228126 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Gunsnroses.com updated with CD update
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gunsnroses.com updated with CD update  (Read 78895 times)
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #340 on: February 23, 2007, 01:53:32 AM »

See to me charging the fans doesnt mean you dont care, its all about interaction and bands that are appreciative of their fans. Despite the whole napster debacle I would probably argue that Metallica treats their fans very well (I greatly dislike Metallica btw so dont get me wrong.? I also think that Trent Reznor actually treats his fans pretty well.? I mean he at least cares enough to have tons of interaction with them, keep them notified all the time.? The way he records albums you almost feel like youre right there in the process since he records an album and remixes it.? Again I am not saying that this is the best thing in the world.? I find that its mostly smaller bands that embrace their fans/interact with them, however, some big time bands do it.? I just feel, and this is pure speculation I could be wrong, that Axl doesnt stay up at nights thinking about whether or not his fans are going to be mad about the delay.? I think the only time he worries about what his fans are going to think is when it concerns money.? I guess I dont see this as bashing Axl, but some of you do.? I LIKE that about him.? This is rock music it shouldnt be about what makes people happy, it should be about putting out the best music you can and just doing what makesyou happy.? I hope GNR releases an album, but honestly I dont care when, but I just hate the stringing along.? Axl says, "go take a break etc...", but then sets a release date 2 months away.? That is a huge mixed message.? Its like "you waited 14 years, if you want to stop waiting do so, by the way albums coming out in 8 weeks."?

I swear if he released a statement today and said "Albums coming out whenever I say so" or "Album will be out December of 2009" id be fine with it.? My problem is the stringing along.? For all we know the mixing could be done tomorrow or in two years.? People act like its "definitely coming out soon" but if they actually thought mixing would be done within the next two weeks why would someone in the band ask Del James to make a report now when he really had no news, why not wait 3 days when he could say its done.?

Id people are happy about this news thats cool, however, they shouldnt have started bashing on people who were disappointed about this.? I figure message boards are all about opinions, most of which dont matter.? If a guy is mad that this album has taken 14 years that doesnt mean hes not a fan, it just means he gets mad that he has been let down year after year by not getting music.? Yes, we all know we arent "entitled" to the music and thats cool, but its the teasing that kills.? Its like someone telling you in a month theyll give you 10,000$ and then not giving it to you.? Sure you werent entitled to that money, sure you did nothing to earn it, but its still disappointing.? Now imagine every 2 months they tell you this, but each time come up with a better way to guarantee that its coming.? Wouldnt it be better to never be promised it at all or to have the actual date or know the truth about the progress.? This music means a lot to people, the fact that people care enough to be upset that they cant purchase the album should tell you the level of support this band has.? To accuse someone of not being a fan because the are mad they cant BUY THE ALBUM is pure ignorance and fanboydem.? To me those are the real fans, the guys who stuck with them through all the shit.? They dont want to wait patiently any longer because they want to hear this album theyve been eagerly anticipating, what do you think seeing the new lineup live does?? Do you think it satisfies people?? I sure as hell dont.? I think it makes people want the album even more.?

Axl should start worrying when people stop getting mad and everyone can wait patiently.? The day Axl can have a spokesperson of the band say that there is another delay and people arent upset, will be the day GNR is over.
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #341 on: February 23, 2007, 02:20:29 AM »

gnr have a very strange and very different official site,more diferent than other bands

On gnr official site you have nothing (only couple news from 2006 and merchandise store),but we except new design when album come in

I have never seen so many tree
Apollon
Rocker

So bittersweet this tragedy...

« Reply #342 on: February 23, 2007, 02:42:54 AM »

@ Axlrose4eva1:

You're saying that Del has nothing to say because there is no news. Well IT IS good news that recording is done. And why shouldn't we get informed?
Oh now I know, we shouldn't be informed because in this case you got something you can whine about...  Roll Eyes

And with a little bit of brain power, you should know that mixing will be done soon. Stop complaining.
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #343 on: February 23, 2007, 02:51:47 AM »

Del James say nothing

Nightfall
The Evil Dutchess
VIP

« Reply #344 on: February 23, 2007, 02:54:18 AM »

And with a little bit of brain power, you should know that mixing will be done soon. Stop complaining.
with a little bit of brain power you would know that they are mixing this damn thing since 2001. so i still don't count on SOON.

Nightfall On Tour 2012:
NY: Februari 10 & 12
France: June 5, 11, 14 & 19
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #345 on: February 23, 2007, 02:59:40 AM »

It is sure nice to get some info, so thanx to gnr camp for that, but soon is a relative word when it's comes to a release. anyway banzai and good luck with japaneese tour beer

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #346 on: February 23, 2007, 03:00:47 AM »

Ok...

I was away for a few days cause my PC refused to co-operate (and still does, I'm waiting for my new one today) so I tried to login to see what's going on.

Now, let's use our brains (I know, it's a bit difficult for some people, but you can at least try).

On December 14th Axl gave a tentative release date to the fans. It was March 6th. Which means that they'd go to the studio, record some parts with Frank and Bumble, get the album finalized and give it to the record company.

They had almost 1 month to do ALL that (given the fact that the album needs to be handed to the record company 8 weeks before the release, as Axl stated).

The most difficult part of the whole process was to finish the recordings. Now, as we can all guess (well not all, but at least those with half a brain in their heads) there was a scheduling conflict with the person(s) that would do the final mixes. That is fixed (as can most of us understand from Del's message).

So, as (AGAIN) most of us undestand it won't take as long as one stated here (a fuckin year? Are you serious people?).

The album will be out REALLY soon. Stop the whinning. Stop being miserable.

Be happy. Be positive. The waiting is over.

Oh, and respect Milli Fuckin Vanilli.

Let's all go and see that movie they're making...  hihi
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 03:02:59 AM by Christos AG » Logged

ChrisPittman
Banned
Rocker

There Was a Time

« Reply #347 on: February 23, 2007, 03:35:44 AM »

still, if bryan is headed back and still listed as an official member then why has frank been allowed record all the drum parts on chinese democracy? it doesnt make sense

still, i dont care really, the album is finished and theyre just mixing now so no delays for a nice summer release

June 6th 06 @ RDS, Dublin, Ireland
July 29th 06 @ Wembley Arena, London, England
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #348 on: February 23, 2007, 04:49:59 AM »

All I half to say is that im a moron cause when I first heard the new leaks I thought it was the final version.  Im wrong so if this new is version got me so hyped up I can't wait for this finished product.  kudos for Gnr and Axl for updating us fans he stuck to his word just remember MARCH 6 was a TENATIVE LET ME REPEAT TENATIVE RELEASE DATE, THIS AIN'T A LIE OR A GURANTEE people seem to forget that we all have stuck with them through thick and thin lets just wait a couple more months and we will be rockin out.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #349 on: February 23, 2007, 04:50:49 AM »

why has frank been allowed record all the drum parts on chinese democracy?

Uhh.....  exactly where did it say in Del's web update that Frank recorded all of the drum parts???  Huh   confused

Perhaps you should go and re-read Del's letter dude.   Kiss

"Drummer Frank Ferrer and guitarist Bumblefoot integrated themselves into the recordings seamlessly and will have their presence felt." - Del James

No offense but, I seriously think that you're either confused, totally illiterate or just not paying attention to what you're reading.   Embarrassed

il?lit?er?ate
?adjective
1.   unable to read and write: an illiterate group.
2.   having or demonstrating very little or no education.
3.   showing lack of culture, esp. in language and literature.
4.   displaying a marked lack of knowledge in a particular field: He is musically illiterate. ?noun
5.   an illiterate person.

The jury's still out on that one.   hihi   rofl

gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #350 on: February 23, 2007, 05:27:06 AM »

Ok...

I was away for a few days cause my PC refused to co-operate (and still does, I'm waiting for my new one today) so I tried to login to see what's going on.

Now, let's use our brains (I know, it's a bit difficult for some people, but you can at least try).

On December 14th Axl gave a tentative release date to the fans. It was March 6th. Which means that they'd go to the studio, record some parts with Frank and Bumble, get the album finalized and give it to the record company.

They had almost 1 month to do ALL that (given the fact that the album needs to be handed to the record company 8 weeks before the release, as Axl stated).

The most difficult part of the whole process was to finish the recordings. Now, as we can all guess (well not all, but at least those with half a brain in their heads) there was a scheduling conflict with the person(s) that would do the final mixes. That is fixed (as can most of us understand from Del's message).

So, as (AGAIN) most of us undestand it won't take as long as one stated here (a fuckin year? Are you serious people?).

Let's all go and see that movie they're making...? hihi

oK I'M HAPPY AND I'M POSITIVE ABOUT NEW ALBUM,BUT FOR ME DEL JAMES SAID NOTHING...

for me fans deserves another axl letter or official stetament by menagment of the band about 2007 plans

I don't know why excist official site ,when we heard for new tour dates on other no gnr sites

Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #351 on: February 23, 2007, 05:32:03 AM »

Ok...

Let's all go and see that movie they're making...  hihi
perfect. People here can't use brain sometimes. Thats why I don't comment too much, I keep not understanding why people can't use brain before comment. When they say that the mixing can take 1 year I stop reading the post. I think that people don't have enough IQ or they just want to be negative about the album, they want to make fun of us.
God bless you. You saved this thread. I hope that people can think before posting something else.

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
Bruno Poeys
VIP

« Reply #352 on: February 23, 2007, 05:36:06 AM »

oK I'M HAPPY AND I'M POSITIVE ABOUT NEW ALBUM,BUT FOR ME DEL JAMES SAID NOTHING...

for me fans deserves another axl letter or official stetament by menagment of the band about 2007 plans

I don't know why excist official site ,when we heard for new tour dates on other no gnr sites
by the love of God... that is GUNSNROSES.com . What's your problem with that? Maybe they want to announce the tour with the album release date, maybe they don't want to do it right now, maybe they want to confirm like 10+ shows in a row before updating the site. We really don't know. But by the love of God stop that. The site is updated, all of us wanted that and now you want a new letter? I just can't understand you. At all. If you think a bit... Axl wouldn't let someone update his band's official site with some lie or false news.
If you are not happy yet, bumblefoot confirmed on his own forum that mixing IS being done right now. Happy now?

Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #353 on: February 23, 2007, 05:36:52 AM »

See to me charging the fans doesnt mean you dont care, its all about interaction and bands that are appreciative of their fans. Despite the whole napster debacle I would probably argue that Metallica treats their fans very well (I greatly dislike Metallica btw so dont get me wrong.? I also think that Trent Reznor actually treats his fans pretty well.? I mean he at least cares enough to have tons of interaction with them, keep them notified all the time.? The way he records albums you almost feel like youre right there in the process since he records an album and remixes it.? Again I am not saying that this is the best thing in the world.? I find that its mostly smaller bands that embrace their fans/interact with them, however, some big time bands do it.? I just feel, and this is pure speculation I could be wrong, that Axl doesnt stay up at nights thinking about whether or not his fans are going to be mad about the delay.? I think the only time he worries about what his fans are going to think is when it concerns money.? I guess I dont see this as bashing Axl, but some of you do.? I LIKE that about him.? This is rock music it shouldnt be about what makes people happy, it should be about putting out the best music you can and just doing what makesyou happy.? I hope GNR releases an album, but honestly I dont care when, but I just hate the stringing along.? Axl says, "go take a break etc...", but then sets a release date 2 months away.? That is a huge mixed message.? Its like "you waited 14 years, if you want to stop waiting do so, by the way albums coming out in 8 weeks."?

I swear if he released a statement today and said "Albums coming out whenever I say so" or "Album will be out December of 2009" id be fine with it.? My problem is the stringing along.? For all we know the mixing could be done tomorrow or in two years.? People act like its "definitely coming out soon" but if they actually thought mixing would be done within the next two weeks why would someone in the band ask Del James to make a report now when he really had no news, why not wait 3 days when he could say its done.?

Id people are happy about this news thats cool, however, they shouldnt have started bashing on people who were disappointed about this.? I figure message boards are all about opinions, most of which dont matter.? If a guy is mad that this album has taken 14 years that doesnt mean hes not a fan, it just means he gets mad that he has been let down year after year by not getting music.? Yes, we all know we arent "entitled" to the music and thats cool, but its the teasing that kills.? Its like someone telling you in a month theyll give you 10,000$ and then not giving it to you.? Sure you werent entitled to that money, sure you did nothing to earn it, but its still disappointing.? Now imagine every 2 months they tell you this, but each time come up with a better way to guarantee that its coming.? Wouldnt it be better to never be promised it at all or to have the actual date or know the truth about the progress.? This music means a lot to people, the fact that people care enough to be upset that they cant purchase the album should tell you the level of support this band has.? To accuse someone of not being a fan because the are mad they cant BUY THE ALBUM is pure ignorance and fanboydem.? To me those are the real fans, the guys who stuck with them through all the shit.? They dont want to wait patiently any longer because they want to hear this album theyve been eagerly anticipating, what do you think seeing the new lineup live does?? Do you think it satisfies people?? I sure as hell dont.? I think it makes people want the album even more.?

Axl should start worrying when people stop getting mad and everyone can wait patiently.? The day Axl can have a spokesperson of the band say that there is another delay and people arent upset, will be the day GNR is over.

My sentiments exactly, especially the part about being dissapointed doesn't make you a worthy supporter of the band

Fans of football teams are always complaining about their teams performance, the manager, the players, the ground, ticket prices etc etc. Sometimes criticism comes best from those close to you.

Here today...ready to rock
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #354 on: February 23, 2007, 05:37:14 AM »

Ok...

You want the album ASAP, no?  Well maybe you can stop bitching that Axl didn't personally take time out of the studio (halting the mixing process) to let us all know, and asked someone else to do it for us.
Some of you people were bitching when we weren't getting any updates.  Now we have an update, and are you happy?  Like fuck, you are.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 05:38:52 AM by MrRedfield » Logged
ChrisPittman
Banned
Rocker

There Was a Time

« Reply #355 on: February 23, 2007, 05:38:00 AM »

No offense but, I seriously think that you're either confused, totally illiterate or just not paying attention to what you're reading

Would you then translate that as meaning that frank is therefore sitting around at the recording sessions, but not recording, i wouldnt see the point of that. i mean, on the website, hes looking at bumblefoot tuning a guitar. is that all he's doing then..?

June 6th 06 @ RDS, Dublin, Ireland
July 29th 06 @ Wembley Arena, London, England
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #356 on: February 23, 2007, 05:39:53 AM »

No offense but, I seriously think that you're either confused, totally illiterate or just not paying attention to what you're reading

Would you then translate that as meaning that frank is therefore sitting around at the recording sessions, but not recording, i wouldnt see the point of that. i mean, on the website, hes looking at bumblefoot tuning a guitar. is that all he's doing then..?

No... it means Frank played on some tracks.  Not all.
Last time I heard, someone asked him how many and he said five.
Bruno Poeys
VIP

« Reply #357 on: February 23, 2007, 05:40:57 AM »

If a guy is mad that this album has taken 14 years that doesnt mean hes not a fan, it just means he gets mad that he has been let down year after year by not getting music.
there is a thread called something like "CD decepcion thread", ya know? If you do not know, you should read the rules before posting here. You should go there, not here. The link is exactly this: go there and stop being negative here, please?
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=43408.0

DarrenLeves
Rocker

Rock In Hull

« Reply #358 on: February 23, 2007, 05:46:21 AM »

I cannot believe this has gone into over 18 pages. Axl Did say if anything changes we would be informed - and we have been. whats the problem?
Im sure if we had heard nothing by March 6th the same people would have been moaning saying we have been missled once again , this really is a no win situation.
 Personally Im pleased Del James gave us an update, at least its finnished now and down to mixing and whilst I Understand that Can either take 2 weeks or 2 years. I believe The Band and the record company want this album out as soon as possible
Apollon
Rocker

So bittersweet this tragedy...

« Reply #359 on: February 23, 2007, 05:49:43 AM »

Ok...

Del James said something. And as it is published on gunsnroses.com, it's definately Axl's opinion. So it's uninteresting wether Axl or Del wrote it, the content is important. And the content is good news, consequently there are reasons for us to be happy.

Concerning the tour dates, I think we will get an announcement including all dates of the next tour...
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 26 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: