Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 04:11:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228126 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Gunsnroses.com updated with CD update
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gunsnroses.com updated with CD update  (Read 78882 times)
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #320 on: February 22, 2007, 09:21:39 PM »

Today I just had a feeling something would happen...and when I renewed The Stand at my library, I said, "If the return date isn't March 6th, I lose all hope for that date." And what do you know? It's March 8th, the return. And then we get this update. Weird.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
spaghetti_incident
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #321 on: February 22, 2007, 09:24:21 PM »

Damn why is everyone lynching each other?

We got some news from someone affiliated in GNR.

To me it's all good.  Thanks Del for the update smoking
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #322 on: February 22, 2007, 09:25:02 PM »

Today I just had a feeling something would happen...and when I renewed The Stand at my library, I said, "If the return date isn't March 6th, I lose all hope for that date." And what do you know? It's March 8th, the return. And then we get this update. Weird.

Yeah.  Um...what?

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #323 on: February 22, 2007, 09:27:08 PM »

real fans are welcoming any news about this record, whereas you wanna dictate axl.

Real fans are those who care, who are passionate about the band. There is not a "right" or "wrong" way to be a "real fan."
Real fans have the right to be disappointed that more detailed news was not forthcoming. Real fans have the right to be mad, happy, satisfied, dissatisfied.

To try to paint the ?situation as ?black and white is wrong: you are ?a "real" fan if you swallow ?whatever ?they give you, and if you don't you aren't a real fan, is baloney.

That's like saying for example:

1. only real fans buy only the most expensive ?tickets (they may, but that does not define a real fan)
2. only real fans have every CD and every DVD (they may, but that does not define a real fan)
3. only real fans buy T-shirts and other merchandise (they may, but that does not define a real fan)

I repeat, the only definition of a real fan is one ?who cares, and who cares enough to hold the band ?to high standards. When those ?standards ?are not met, it ?is natural, and justifiable, that even "real" fans ?may be disappointed. To "whine" does not (necessarily) lessen the fact of being a "real" fan.

To suggest that you have a "patent" on being a real fan by believing everything you hear  or read  from the band is just nonsense.

Just ?for fun, what is your definition ?of a real fan? Blind faith?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 09:34:46 PM by Krispy Kreme » Logged
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #324 on: February 22, 2007, 09:28:14 PM »

What's weird is you having the release date dependant on the return date of your library books smoking

But you know, it's all connected, maybe the molecyls told you.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
madagas
« Reply #325 on: February 22, 2007, 09:28:41 PM »

Wow, this has gotten way out of hand.....Axl4eva, you have some points. However, I understand a little about law too and think you are being quite naive to assume that there are no legal wranglings going on between Axl and the record company "behind closed doors" right now. The company I work for and the department I work for settle 99% of our potential lawsuits with attorney's prior to filing suit. Everyone is to act in good faith and try to resolve any and all issues prior to filing suit. Anyhow, I think Axl and the record company are going at it. Too much money and potential material NOT to fight over. It sucks for us fans, but it is big business. ? and ps, Axl doesn't need a manager to negotiate or renegotiate a record deal at this point, he needs a good lawyer. ?ok
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 09:30:37 PM by madagas » Logged
gnrbacik
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #326 on: February 22, 2007, 09:30:52 PM »

I've waited for years, so when it comes out, it comes out.  Axl has a plan!
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #327 on: February 22, 2007, 09:31:03 PM »

As for the nonsense Pilferk is saying haha its just insane. ?First of all it is not against any ethics to talk about the legal issues around any case that you are not apart of. ?

It is against the ethics code of every state bar association in the country to dispense legal advice, interpretation, or opinion in public or private, if you are an accredited member of the bar, without identifying yourself and providing credentials. ?If you'd like, contact a presiding member of your state bar and ask them.

Ok i am not talking about law anymore, at least not till tomorrow, but just to show how ignorant you are I suggest you read the ABA Model Code of Professional Responsibility which deals with the ability of any lawyer to speak at his or her own discretion so long as they are not offering legal advice. ?It also states the ability for a lawyer to speak about legal issues in a lay manner so long as they are not speaking to a party in litigation. ?The Ohio bar allows lawyers complete discretion to give legal advice, but they are liable for the quality of that advice. ?If you really want to read the Ohio rules of Professional Conduct go ahead, but youre owned http://www.supremecourtofohio.gov/Atty-Svcs/ProfConduct/rules/default.asp. ?Go ahead and find where it says a lawyer cannot talk about law anonymously...id love for you to show that, but go ahead. ?If you want I can send you to several blogs done by anonymous lawyers who give their legal advice on topics ranging from terrorism to what to do if you get in a car accident. ?You should really stop posting, im goin out ill answer your idiocy tomorrow when im bored at work.
BBF Rocks
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #328 on: February 22, 2007, 09:33:57 PM »

real fans are welcoming any news about this record, whereas you wanna dictate axl.

Real fans are those who care, who are passionate about the band. There is not a "right" or "wrong" way to be a "real fan."
Real fans have the right to be disappointed that more detailed news was not forthcoming. Real fans have the right to be mad, happy, satisfied, dissatisfied.

To try to paint the ?situation as ?black and white is wrong: you are ?a "real" fan if you swallow ?whatever ?they give you, and if you don't you aren't a real fan, is baloney.

That's like saying for example:

1. only real fans buy only the most expensive ?tickets (they may, but that does not define a real fan)
2. only real fans have every CD and every DVD (they may, but that does not define a real fan)
3. only real fans buy T-shirts and other merchandise (they may, but that does not define a real fan)

I repeat, the only definition of a real fan is one ?who cares, and who cares enough to hold the band ?to high standards. When those ?standards ?are not met, it ?is natural, and justifiable, that even "real" fans ?may be disappointed. To "whine" does not (necessarily) lessen the fact of being a "real" fan.

Just ?for fun, what is your definition ?of a real fan? Blind faith?

no, like you i think that a real fan is someone who is passionate about the music and cares about the band. totally. but as someone who has followed this new band evolve with excitement and an open mind to every person in it, i find it disappointing to see other fans complain because they don't get it the way they want it, instead of supporting axl and the band and believing in what they do. that's a given for me. you see? a real fan supports, not dictates. and as for the rest of your post, it's pointless to comment on, you know i know as well as you that a huge gnr fan can also be one that has not yet had the chance, or the money, to see them live in concert.
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #329 on: February 22, 2007, 09:37:39 PM »

I mean even Jericho told a story about Axl being a dick to a young fan "Sure ill brb with an autograph."? I think thats hilarious and awesome.?

What a great piece of evidence....? hihi

An artist who creates music for him- or herself is far better than somebody who makes music for the public.

So thank God if Axl says he creates music for himself.

But I still don't buy the whole "he doesn't care for his fans" just because he creates music for himself or because he didn't sign an autograph in 1987.? Tongue

/jarmo

I really dont get where we are missing eachother here. ?I thought that the story was hilarious, whatever Axl does I hope he keeps making great music. ?I am not saying what he is doing is wrong at all, I want him to be real. ?Comeon he has probably less contact with his fans than any other musician (someone will point out someone I know, but it is little contact you gotta give me that.) ?I am not saying axl should change anything, im not demanding a cd or saying he should go on tour or make money. ?All I am saying is he shouldnt worry about our approval, he never has so he should stop with these "definitely this year" "its coming" etc... Just do his thing, dont make promises cause they disappoint. ?I love this band, I want the album, ill bitch about not having it, but in the end I really just want Axl to continue being that egomaniacal asshole he's been since he first popped on the music scene.'

Also you can tell the biggest sports fans by the guys who bitch the loudest about the team but still go to every game... thats my opinion at least.
TrixAreForKids
Silly Rabbit
Rocker

Tongue like a razor.

« Reply #330 on: February 22, 2007, 09:40:18 PM »

I would have liked Axl to make the statement. It would have been more assuring.

Sorry Del, that's just the way it is.? hihi
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 09:45:13 PM by TrixAreForKids » Logged
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #331 on: February 22, 2007, 10:16:03 PM »

You can ban me now ya dumb fuck.

All right, as you wish.

Something for you to think about in your banned existance: Kiss Kasket

GN'R didn't have that on sale on their site.

/jarmo

That's gotta' be the funniest fucking thing I've seen on here yet!!!  rofl   beer

Good for you jarmo.  ok  Don't take no shit off nobody man.  Shocked  Grin

This place and the world in general is seriously going to hell in a hand-basket rather quickly...  nervous   confused  nervous
bev
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #332 on: February 22, 2007, 10:19:22 PM »

Sure it's disapointing that the album's been delayed again but I can't subscribe to the belief that we, the fans, deserve better treatment from Axl and the band. ?

At the end of the day we choose to buy his music and attend his concerts because it's of such high quality. ?There's a shitload of music released each year and most of which doesn't hold any substance. I purchase alot of music in the hope that I can find an album which can captivate me in the same way that Appetite did back when it was released or in more recent times Wilco's brilliant Yankee Hotel Foxtrot album.

While I highly anticipate Chinese Democracy's release I'm really not to fussed how long it takes I just want it to be some of Axl's finest work. ?I can all but guarantee that alot of people hanging out for it will be disappointed in the album because they've built it up far too much, huge expectations can only lead to dissapointment.
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #333 on: February 22, 2007, 10:50:01 PM »

I really feel bad for the other guys.  Seems like they are putting their heart and soul into this shit and it just keeps getting pushed back.  I've said it before and I will say it again.  I really wish I was not such a big fan of these guys.  I can't wait til summer.  It must come out before the tour.  I can't see them play the same shit again.  I've seen it.  Need something diff. At least we know VR will have something out soon.  Am excited for that.
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #334 on: February 22, 2007, 10:58:39 PM »

Seems no one knows anything about mixing here. Roll Eyes

People are acting like its not gonna be out for another 5 years.

THE RECORDING IS FINALLY DONE. THAT IS THE BEST NEWS WE HAVE EVER GOTTEN. AXL IS FINALLY SATISFIED WITH THE MATERTIAL.

Mixing doesnt take that long. And it seems as though its been being mixed at least since late last year with Andy Wallace. Del says they are in the middle of mixing. It not like they just started mixing or are going to be next week or whatever. They have already started. It wont be much longer now. I say it will be out in April
The Chad Cometh
Mike Stewart is God
VIP

Don't think Axl! Makes my dick itch!

« Reply #335 on: February 23, 2007, 12:00:32 AM »

If ever there has been a band that's about the fans it's KISS.

Fact.

I was living to the best of my ability, now I'm living in correctional facility
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #336 on: February 23, 2007, 12:04:37 AM »

Fact.

Agreed.

But I prefer bands that are about the music, THEN the fans. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
ZRO
Rocker

Does this look infected?

« Reply #337 on: February 23, 2007, 12:07:34 AM »

Fact.

The only thing KISS is about is raping their fans for every dollar they have by slapping their name on every stupid product they can think of.
Randy Jesus
VIP

This Never Happened, It's Just a Dream...

« Reply #338 on: February 23, 2007, 12:23:28 AM »

Fact.

The only thing KISS is about is raping their fans for every dollar they have by slapping their name on every stupid product they can think of.

And Gene Simmons is like the only original in the band that is currently playing.
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #339 on: February 23, 2007, 12:30:36 AM »

Fact.

And Gene Simmons is like the only original in the band that is currently playing.

Ever heard of a guy named Paul Stanley? He's on a solo tour, but he didn't quit the band.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 26 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: