Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 08:43:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Gunsnroses.com updated with CD update
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gunsnroses.com updated with CD update  (Read 79146 times)
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #280 on: February 22, 2007, 06:59:20 PM »

We went from a tentative release date to no release date.? The news sucks.? ?Undecided? Prior to finishing recording they could give us a tentative date, right?? Now that the recording is done they can't give us a new date (tentative or otherwise).

Don't you guys see Axl is setting us all up again for another nostalgic act cash grab tour.? It's amazing we keep falling for the same thing over and over again.? Sickness.

the only thing that is SICK, which makes me madder than anything else, is when ungrateful "fans" complain about guns n' roses going on tour to "take our money". i'm SO tempted to insult you but i won't sink to that level. just know that axl doesn't need to "take our money", and he has given us more than enough in the last year for us to be happy, so keep your money obsessed negativity to yourself.

What the hell do you think Axl is trying to do, make music for world peace.  Of course he is after our money.  Seriously, some of you people think hes jesus or something.  This is a guy who wants our money and who cares primarily about himself, but thats not a bad thing, but seriously wake up people.  He is a rock singer, he does this for money and for his own fulfillment.  There are some artists who care about fans and who really appreciates them, but c'mon thats not Axl, im not saying he would like spit on you, but he would attack you if you were taking pictures of him during a concert.  He has chosen over these years not to communicate with the fans, to show up late to performances, cancel performances etc....  Axl makes the best music out there, he is the best entertainer i have ever seen and his music is nothing short of brilliant, but if you think he really cares about the fans youre insane.  He wants money, who the hell wouldnt, you think hes in this for charity.  Hes just like Michael Jordan, you see him and you know youre going to get a show, hes going to give it his all and hes the best, but he's still cashing all the checks and negotiating for more money and doing add campaigns.  Tons of bands who have toured with GNR have talked about their disconnect and almost contempt for fans, especially during the UYI period.  He doesnt hate fans, but c'mon this is Axl, he isnt some sappy "I do this for you" guy.  He always said the music was for him.  Seriously, wake up people this tour, this cd, the breakup etc... its all about money.
The Chad Cometh
Mike Stewart is God
VIP

Don't think Axl! Makes my dick itch!

« Reply #281 on: February 22, 2007, 07:11:25 PM »

We went from a tentative release date to no release date.  The news sucks.   Undecided  Prior to finishing recording they could give us a tentative date, right?  Now that the recording is done they can't give us a new date (tentative or otherwise).

Don't you guys see Axl is setting us all up again for another nostalgic act cash grab tour.  It's amazing we keep falling for the same thing over and over again.  Sickness.

the only thing that is SICK, which makes me madder than anything else, is when ungrateful "fans" complain about guns n' roses going on tour to "take our money". i'm SO tempted to insult you but i won't sink to that level. just know that axl doesn't need to "take our money", and he has given us more than enough in the last year for us to be happy, so keep your money obsessed negativity to yourself.

What the hell do you think Axl is trying to do, make music for world peace.  Of course he is after our money.  Seriously, some of you people think hes jesus or something.  This is a guy who wants our money and who cares primarily about himself, but thats not a bad thing, but seriously wake up people.  He is a rock singer, he does this for money and for his own fulfillment.  There are some artists who care about fans and who really appreciates them, but c'mon thats not Axl, im not saying he would like spit on you, but he would attack you if you were taking pictures of him during a concert.  He has chosen over these years not to communicate with the fans, to show up late to performances, cancel performances etc....  Axl makes the best music out there, he is the best entertainer i have ever seen and his music is nothing short of brilliant, but if you think he really cares about the fans youre insane.  He wants money, who the hell wouldnt, you think hes in this for charity.  Hes just like Michael Jordan, you see him and you know youre going to get a show, hes going to give it his all and hes the best, but he's still cashing all the checks and negotiating for more money and doing add campaigns.  Tons of bands who have toured with GNR have talked about their disconnect and almost contempt for fans, especially during the UYI period.  He doesnt hate fans, but c'mon this is Axl, he isnt some sappy "I do this for you" guy.  He always said the music was for him.  Seriously, wake up people this tour, this cd, the breakup etc... its all about money.

Didn't know we had a mind reader on here.  Roll Eyes
What a steaming pile of shite.  None of know his motivations ...

I was living to the best of my ability, now I'm living in correctional facility
ZRO
Rocker

Does this look infected?

« Reply #282 on: February 22, 2007, 07:13:56 PM »

IMO, this album isn't anywhere close to being released and Axl put this update out simply to quiet the frenzy that was coming from fans after the latest leak. Did they just happen to finish it so close to the leak? The timing is quite convenient.

The whole update just reads odd to me.. it begins with "The good news is.." as if there's bad news too and they aren't telling us.

Now its mixing - so why was Andy Wallace supposedly mixing it last year? I get the feeling, and it's pure speculation, but I get the feeling this album has been done for a long time and Axl continually halts the release to tinker with it because he finds something wrong with it.
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #283 on: February 22, 2007, 07:14:35 PM »

You know how I know Axl does this for himself...CAUSE THATS WHAT HE SAID. ?Everything else is evidence from the fact that hes been late and what everyone around him has said. ?Maybe you are incapable of thought, or putting 1+1 together to form 2, but most people can figure this stuff out. ?
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #284 on: February 22, 2007, 07:14:43 PM »

What the hell do you think Axl is trying to do, make music for world peace.? Of course he is after our money.? Seriously, some of you people think hes jesus or something.? This is a guy who wants our money and who cares primarily about himself, but thats not a bad thing, but seriously wake up people.? He is a rock singer, he does this for money and for his own fulfillment.? There are some artists who care about fans and who really appreciates them, but c'mon thats not Axl, im not saying he would like spit on you, but he would attack you if you were taking pictures of him during a concert.? He has chosen over these years not to communicate with the fans, to show up late to performances, cancel performances etc....? Axl makes the best music out there, he is the best entertainer i have ever seen and his music is nothing short of brilliant, but if you think he really cares about the fans youre insane.? He wants money, who the hell wouldnt, you think hes in this for charity.? Hes just like Michael Jordan, you see him and you know youre going to get a show, hes going to give it his all and hes the best, but he's still cashing all the checks and negotiating for more money and doing add campaigns.? Tons of bands who have toured with GNR have talked about their disconnect and almost contempt for fans, especially during the UYI period.? He doesnt hate fans, but c'mon this is Axl, he isnt some sappy "I do this for you" guy.? He always said the music was for him.? Seriously, wake up people this tour, this cd, the breakup etc... its all about money.

It's not about us, it's not about money. It's all about ego.

If it were about the money we'd have an album a decade ago.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #285 on: February 22, 2007, 07:15:28 PM »

For fuck's sake. AxlRose4eva1, you sound like a broken record with your bullshit and whining.

If he wanted the money so bad, GN'R would've been touring with the AFD line-up in 2004 when Greatest Hits went to #1.

You're forgetting all the things he chose not to do for money.

You seem to confuse Axl with somebody like Gene Simmons. Compare those two and you'll notice the difference.

He doesn't care about fans? You're truly a misinformed fool if you think he only cares about money.

Don't believe everything you hear from people who only want to sell more newspapers.

He's been communicating with us fans way more in the last year than before, but it's not good enough for you. You're still stuck in the old "he doesn't care about his fans" mode. You even mention stuff that happened 15 years ago as proof.

I bet you're the same bitter person you were 15 years ago (that is if you were even born back then).

I guess it makes you seem "cool" compared us poor fools who throw our money at him and believe everything the band tells us.  You're so objective. Roll Eyes

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 07:19:18 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #286 on: February 22, 2007, 07:19:41 PM »

Im pleased by this news Smiley

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
anythinggoes
« Reply #287 on: February 22, 2007, 07:26:10 PM »

I guess it makes you seem "cool" compared us poor fools who throw our money at him and believe everything the band tells us.? You're so objective. Roll Eyes

/jarmo

hey who are you calling me a fool? hihi

jesus we're resorting to name calling now.

Well im a dissapointed fool but im not unhappy at least we had an update we have been told things are moving on , there is a tour coming up and some day soon what will possibly be the greatest rock album released for a long long time
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 07:27:44 PM by anythinggoes » Logged
BBF Rocks
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #288 on: February 22, 2007, 07:26:23 PM »

We went from a tentative release date to no release date.? The news sucks.? ?Undecided? Prior to finishing recording they could give us a tentative date, right?? Now that the recording is done they can't give us a new date (tentative or otherwise).

Don't you guys see Axl is setting us all up again for another nostalgic act cash grab tour.? It's amazing we keep falling for the same thing over and over again.? Sickness.

What the hell do you think Axl is trying to do, make music for world peace.? Of course he is after our money.? Seriously, some of you people think hes jesus or something.? This is a guy who wants our money and who cares primarily about himself, but thats not a bad thing, but seriously wake up people.? He is a rock singer, he does this for money and for his own fulfillment.? There are some artists who care about fans and who really appreciates them, but c'mon thats not Axl, im not saying he would like spit on you, but he would attack you if you were taking pictures of him during a concert.? He has chosen over these years not to communicate with the fans, to show up late to performances, cancel performances etc....? Axl makes the best music out there, he is the best entertainer i have ever seen and his music is nothing short of brilliant, but if you think he really cares about the fans youre insane.? He wants money, who the hell wouldnt, you think hes in this for charity.? Hes just like Michael Jordan, you see him and you know youre going to get a show, hes going to give it his all and hes the best, but he's still cashing all the checks and negotiating for more money and doing add campaigns.? Tons of bands who have toured with GNR have talked about their disconnect and almost contempt for fans, especially during the UYI period.? He doesnt hate fans, but c'mon this is Axl, he isnt some sappy "I do this for you" guy.? He always said the music was for him.? Seriously, wake up people this tour, this cd, the breakup etc... its all about money.

what a crock of SHIT! i bet if axl read this he would laugh at you, either that or think you are an idiot and move on. if axl was after our money he could have relased chinese democracy in 1999 and made tons of millions more, he could have released like 3 more albums by now too, but he didn't, and do you know why? unlike alot of other artists it's not about the money for him, it's about putting the best possible product out there and, in his own words, "meeting the high standards set my pervious guns n' roses records". i have never seen axl say that he is doing this for himself, i've been a fan of his for most of my life and it doesn't sounds like something he would say at all, so please provide some evidence or get called a liar by me. ?it's sad that you are this obsessed with money and that you feel being to a gn'r concert is "giving him money", you really should find something else to spend your time on, GN'R does't need "fans" like you. "this is a guy who wants our money and who cares genuinly just about himself" - this leaves me practically speechless. ARE you this dumb or are you just pretending? every person that knows axl personally and has spoken about him in the media describes him as very caring and kind, and you know what? he doesn't want our money, and especially not yours, i think he'll manage great without "fans" like you. he doesn't need you to "give him money" and he doesn't expect it either so if you have a problem with spending money on something that he and the band does for us; don't. in tommy stinson's words, "either get on board or fuck off".
Duffio
Rocker

uh oh, they're back...

« Reply #289 on: February 22, 2007, 07:27:01 PM »

For fuck's sake. AxlRose4eva1, you sound like a broken record with your bullshit and whining.

If he wanted the money so bad, GN'R would've been touring with the AFD line-up in 2004 when Greatest Hits went to #1.

You're forgetting all the things he chose not to do for money.

You seem to confuse Axl with somebody like Gene Simmons. Compare those two and you'll notice the difference.

He doesn't care about fans? You're truly a misinformed fool if you think he only cares about money.

Don't believe everything you hear from people who only want to sell more newspapers.

He's been communicating with us fans way more in the last year than before, but it's not good enough for you. You're still stuck in the old "he doesn't care about his fans" mode. You even mention stuff that happened 15 years ago as proof.

I bet you're the same bitter person you were 15 years ago (that is if you were even born back then).

I guess it makes you seem "cool" compared us poor fools who throw our money at him and believe everything the band tells us.? You're so objective. Roll Eyes

/jarmo

I hope you don't ban me for this.. I agree with you on a lot of points, but it IS all about money.. The record company has to get back it's 13 Million+ investment. ?axl might not be all about the $$ but he still has to ensure he will get his money back and not put out everything he has worked on to be a flop (he said it himself... something that was along the lines of him not being shaq at the free throw or something) ?If his band sucks to what the record execs think, then yes... it's about money, they dont see their investment producing then they will have to find a way to get that money back. ? If it wasn't about the money why would all the ex band members sue as soon as their royalty checks come in? come on... it's that and some stuff behind the scenes that we aren't told. ? ?At least if it isn't completely about the money, then it's a large part of a giant pie. ?
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #290 on: February 22, 2007, 07:29:22 PM »

It's not about us, it's not about money. It's all about ego.

If it were about the money we'd have an album a decade ago.

I never said I dont throw my money at him. ?I throw my money at Lebron James when I go see Cavs games, but I know why Bron bron is out there, hes out their for money. ?He plays the games every night because he wants money. ?

Izzy is a guy who truly didnt give a damn about money, Axl laughed at the people who pretended they didnt want money, but really did. ?Just listen to him talk about Kurt Colbain. ?Of course he wants money. ?I was wrong to make it sound like its just about money, i meant to say its about him. Polluxlm is completely right a lot is about ego. ?Axl likes his Shaq references and his split from the band was a lot like Shaq and Kobe's split, they both wanted to win alone. ?I think 99% of musicians are in it for their own personal fulfillment and financial benefit

Maybe you got your cd in 2006 but i didnt, of course this band lies, who doesnt lie and make excuses.

You have to cite things from 15 years ago because he hasnt done anything in 15 years. ?The small communications this year like calling people downloading motherfuckers etc... is still a lot less than most artists do. ?He's not evil, but hes human, this is his livelihood he does a ton for money and ego.

If you like this band because of how well they treat the fans or their selflessness youre nuts. ?I like them for the music, thats it. ?I dont see anything wrong with a guy doing this for money, who wouldnt. ?I buy cd's and go to concerts and buy merchandise at exorbitant amounts at GNR concerts. ?I started listening to GNR in 1988 and it was because I felt that they were a band that didnt give a damn about the fans and were just crazy and dangerous. ?Thats what I like about Axl, I like a musician who doesnt give a damn and who is real. ?If I want some selfless guy into world peace ill listen to Bono, I just want a guy who makes music and of course he should make money off of it.
BumbleFinck
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #291 on: February 22, 2007, 07:42:41 PM »

/jarmo

Hey fuck off man. If Gene and Paul REALLLLY wanted Ace and Pete back again, they could give them the right price(because they actually have it without having to do tours for extra funds).  If you haven't noticed, guns has their name on pretty much everything these days too, from candles to dartboards to baby clothes to blankets and clocks. When you really think about it, Axl and Gene have alot in common. Ace and pete left in the early 80's...they got theirselves a new band and continued touring....those guys left/got fired(much like bucket) and they replaced them too and kept touring BUT you know what the difference is, KISS put albums out year after year from creatures to carnival of souls. So if you are gunna take a dig at a band who continuously put albums out for nearly 25 years, maybe you need to get your shit straight first instead of just reading dumfuck sites like blabbermouth. So yeah, guess what someone did notice the fuckin' difference. GENE and ANY OTHER members of KISS are fucking workhorses and Axl is not. Sorry. You can ban me now ya dumb fuck.
Casey Shelton
« Reply #292 on: February 22, 2007, 07:42:48 PM »

The need for people to come here and argue with each other amazes me. ?GNR fans arguing with each other about the band, a record, the tour. ?Why must ya'll waste your time?? I'm thankful they're still mixing the thing so that shit version of Better stands a changce to be, well, better. The first version was better than the latest. Except for the Nnah, nah, nah part behind Axl closing out the song. That some melody baby. ?Need to turn up the fuckin guitars in that bitch. It needs to be guitar heavy as opposed to synth and pro-tools. ?Seems like it went way too pop heavy. ?Fuck pro-tools. Geez-Us!!!!!!

Guaranteed it'll be mixed by the start of the tour than the record company can do their thing. That fuckin' record better be out by my fiance's birthday, 24 April 2007, or I'm gonna fuckin' start whining like a little bitch like many of the visitors here.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #293 on: February 22, 2007, 07:44:37 PM »

The need for people to come here and argue with each other amazes me. ?GNR fans arguing with each other about the band, a record, the tour. ?Why must ya'll waste your time?? I'm thankful they're still mixing the thing so that shit version of Better stands a changce to be, well, better. The first version was better than the latest. Except for the Nnah, nah, nah part behind Axl closing out the song. That some melody baby. ?Need to turn up the fuckin guitars in that bitch. It needs to be guitar heavy as opposed to synth and pro-tools. ?Seems like it went way too pop heavy. ?Fuck pro-tools. Geez-Us!!!!!!

Guaranteed it'll be mixed by the start of the tour than the record company can do their thing. That fuckin' record better be out by my fiance's birthday, 24 April 2007, or I'm gonna fuckin' start whining like a little bitch like many of the visitors here.

Start?

Your membership was approved several sentences ago.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Alpachiris
Rocker

www.gnrla.com

« Reply #294 on: February 22, 2007, 07:46:49 PM »

long life to del james!!!

God blesses del James!!

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #295 on: February 22, 2007, 07:47:24 PM »

You can ban me now ya dumb fuck.

All right, as you wish.

Something for you to think about in your banned existance: Kiss Kasket

GN'R didn't have that on sale on their site.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JimMorrison4
Rocker

« Reply #296 on: February 22, 2007, 07:54:59 PM »

^ They need one.

Can I visit the dream world some of you people live in? Are some of you really trying to argue that musicians don't perform for the money? If they weren't about the all mighty dollar, they'd tour for free like Ozzy.
BBF Rocks
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #297 on: February 22, 2007, 07:55:48 PM »

The need for people to come here and argue with each other amazes me. ?GNR fans arguing with each other about the band, a record, the tour. ?Why must ya'll waste your time??

because we care about the band and are passionate about it. nuff said. who are you to tell me i'm wasting my time by talking about something i love?
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #298 on: February 22, 2007, 07:56:30 PM »

I love how people say Axl is obsessed with money....and thats all he cares about....do you know anything about the music business?? putting 13 million dollars into ONE album over a 13 year period is not exactly a great financial investment....if Axl really cared about money he would have stuck it out with Slash and the rest of the guys and put out a new album every few years and tour them...like Oasis does....Chinese Democracy will never make the money back that was spent on it....and Axl seems like he could care less...Axl has a whole new line up which he knows some people are going to have a problem with and not support...doesnt care about that either...Axl is just trying to make the best possible record he could make....that is actually the complete opposite of a money hungry ego maniac.....
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #299 on: February 22, 2007, 08:00:38 PM »

Can I visit the dream world some of you people live in? Are some of you really trying to argue that musicians don't perform for the money? If they weren't about the all mighty dollar, they'd tour for free like Ozzy.

There's no such thing as free lunch.

He'll probably make a lot on t-shirt sales from that "free" tour.

Bands tour for several reasons.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 26 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: