Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 05:00:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Gunsnroses.com updated with CD update
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gunsnroses.com updated with CD update  (Read 79215 times)
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #240 on: February 22, 2007, 03:10:58 PM »

I'm curious what people think of the fact that GN'R are currently "without management."? On one hand, I can see this as a positive thing, what with one less person being there to cloud the water or fuck things up.? On the other hand, how many bands do big things (tour, release an album, etc.) with no managment to keep things moving smoothly?? I'm not saying either is the case, I'm just curious if anyone else has an opinion where the lack of management falls on the positive-negative scale.

They may be without management, but they are not without people around them.

Most people here know the GN'R family and know that there are enough people around to do what is necessary.
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #241 on: February 22, 2007, 03:12:16 PM »

I see this update from Del as a positive thing myself.   yes 

At least we got a frigging update.   rant

Everybody else that wants to be negative, well, that's not my problem.   hihi   rofl
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #242 on: February 22, 2007, 03:17:13 PM »

mixing isnt a long process

GNR had the Illusion records mixed by two or three different producers before they were happy, and that took about a year.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #243 on: February 22, 2007, 03:18:03 PM »

mixing isnt a long process

GNR had the Illusion records mixed by two or three different producers before they were happy, and that took about a year.

That WAS two albums, though.  So, hopefully, this won't take so long.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
jeorose
Rocker

Get In The Ring Motherfucker

« Reply #244 on: February 22, 2007, 03:19:03 PM »

I see this update from Del as a positive thing myself.   yes 

At least we got a frigging update.   rant

Everybody else that wants to be negative, well, that's not my problem.   hihi   rofl
I agree with you, at least we got an update.

Kill Your Idols
DramaGod
« Reply #245 on: February 22, 2007, 03:24:14 PM »

This album is NEVER GOING TO COME OUT,too much bullshit,blaming others,this reason,that reason,axl will never let this album see the light of day,.same time next year they will be in the mixing process again,and the year after that and the year after that.....................................same shit different year.
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #246 on: February 22, 2007, 03:25:16 PM »

Axl is not currently managed by anyone. Sanctuary are no more on the scene.

out of curiosity mysteron....what is the status of sanctuary owning the publishing rights of axl/gnr? Undecided

I do not know anything about that

By firing Merck, Axl severed ties to Sanctuary Management Group.

I seriously doubt this would directly affect a deal he had previously made with Sanctuary Music Publishing. Just because those two corporate entities are under the same umbrella, doesn't mean they're joined from the hip.

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
jeorose
Rocker

Get In The Ring Motherfucker

« Reply #247 on: February 22, 2007, 03:25:48 PM »

This album is NEVER GOING TO COME OUT,too much bullshit,blaming others,this reason,that reason,axl will never let this album see the light of day,.same time next year they will be in the mixing process again,and the year after that and the year after that.....................................same shit different year.
Its coming dont worry, the album is ready, it takes time is not that easy.

Kill Your Idols
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #248 on: February 22, 2007, 03:29:08 PM »

I see why you picked "DramaGod" as your handle...

Have faith, people!

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« Reply #249 on: February 22, 2007, 03:33:36 PM »

The whole thing is beginning to seem like a cluster fuck...a bunch of people running around not know what they are doing. ?Once again I have reached the winter of my discontent. ?I have no faith!Seriously, this feels like it is just going to keep on moving this way...two months becomes six months becomes 12 months becomes 24 months.

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #250 on: February 22, 2007, 03:38:21 PM »

The whole thing is beginning to seem like a cluster fuck...a bunch of people running around not know what they are doing.  Once again I have reached the winter of my discontent.  I have no faith!Seriously, this feels like it is just going to keep on moving this way...two months becomes six months becomes 12 months becomes 24 months.

The winter of my discontent comes once a year, usually around Dec. 21st.  Just have to drink your way through it.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Ron Jones
Headliner

Mr. Blue Sky

« Reply #251 on: February 22, 2007, 03:44:42 PM »

Just trying to shed a little light to the naysayers:

I really don't understand why some people are saying Fall or even late December! You have got to be kidding me. It is a fact that Andy Wallace didn't just commence mixing! I am almost 100% positive that the only things left in the "mixing stage" are Frank and Bumble's parts. Read former quotes about Wallace working with GNR:

In an article in Rolling Stone about the high-anticipated new Guns N' Roses album, Chinese Democracy, it was revealed that Andy Wallace was not only an additional producer alongside Axl Rose, but the mixing engineer for the album as well- Guns N' Roses' management was said to be "delighted" with the mixes.

I believe mixing is almost done and as we all know mastering is a piece of cake.

I am betting on sometime in May or early June.

Add me:

http://www.myspace.com/ronjones7

Fleet Center Boston, MA 12/2/02
Hammerstein Ballroom New York, NY 5/15/06
DCU Center Worcester, MA 11/8/06
DramaGod
« Reply #252 on: February 22, 2007, 03:45:29 PM »

? ? ? ? ? ? im not bashing GnR just my opinion,and yes making an album is not easy,but its not brain surgery,im going to school for audio engineering and trust me thats alot harder than writing an album when you have had how many years to write this thing,trust me we will be here next year saying all of this over again about some sort of info that the album is moving along,Axl has no intetion of releasing CHINESE DEMOCRACY,he has to stop blaming others for the failure of this debacle,remember the 2000 rolling stone issue,the shows after his return,in vegas on new years where he says before they play chinese democracy "it's the title track of the record which god willing we will finish",the aborted shows after that,the vma's 2002 "soon",the vma's 2006 backstage "before year's end",merck,maybe march 6th,now they are mixing, then they have to re-record certain part's because someone has left,or some other crap to keep saying "SOON IS THE WORD", ?
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #253 on: February 22, 2007, 03:48:53 PM »

Just trying to shed a little light to the naysayers:

I really don't understand why some people are saying Fall or even late December! You have got to be kidding me. It is a fact that Andy Wallace didn't just commence mixing! I am almost 100% positive that the only things left in the "mixing stage" are Frank and Bumble's parts. Read former quotes about Wallace working with GNR:

In an article in Rolling Stone about the high-anticipated new Guns N' Roses album, Chinese Democracy, it was revealed that Andy Wallace was not only an additional producer alongside Axl Rose, but the mixing engineer for the album as well- Guns N' Roses' management was said to be "delighted" with the mixes.

I believe mixing is almost done and as we all know mastering is a piece of cake.

I am betting on sometime in May or early June.

great post man!  ok
I agree with you! The gnr.com update is really a good sign!
They cant mix it forever.. ..

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Jackamo!
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #254 on: February 22, 2007, 03:51:12 PM »

Yes they can. ok
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #255 on: February 22, 2007, 03:52:21 PM »

im not bashing GnR just my opinion,and yes making an album is not easy,but its not brain surgery,im going to school for audio engineering and trust me thats alot harder than writing an album when you have had how many years to write this thing,trust me we will be here next year saying all of this over again about some sort of info that the album is moving along,Axl has no intetion of releasing CHINESE DEMOCRACY,he has to stop blaming others for the failure of this debacle,remember the 2000 rolling stone issue,the shows after his return,in vegas on new years where he says before they play chinese democracy "it's the title track of the record which god willing we will finish",the aborted shows after that,the vma's 2002 "soon",the vma's 2006 backstage "before year's end",merck,maybe march 6th,now they are mixing, then they have to re-record certain part's because someone has left,or some other crap to keep saying "SOON IS THE WORD",   

Actually, as a minor correction, Axl said he didn't know if it would be "soon" after the VMAs 2002.  Though I see your point, anyway.

But, I have faith that he WANTS to get this out there, ASAP, for the sake of getting a media monkey off his back.  Then his life can go on, with other music or whatever.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« Reply #256 on: February 22, 2007, 03:53:36 PM »

CD is beginning to feel like the biggest hoax in the music industry...next to Milli Vanilli.

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
Tonrey
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #257 on: February 22, 2007, 04:00:44 PM »

I'm excited.
PigeonOfSh!tMetal
Headliner

« Reply #258 on: February 22, 2007, 04:08:15 PM »

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003548782

Something to read.

A frown is a smile in an upside down world.
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #259 on: February 22, 2007, 04:16:09 PM »

They work fast. Almost as fast as us.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 26 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: