Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 08:51:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Gunsnroses.com updated with CD update
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gunsnroses.com updated with CD update  (Read 79279 times)
Arcade Roses
Opening Act

You wanna step into my world....

« Reply #220 on: February 22, 2007, 01:43:40 PM »

Quote from: Mysteron on Today at 01:13:02 PM
A request was sent to Del to give you guys an update on CD. He has now done that.

By whom?

I have a feeling that his name starts with "J" and ends with "armo".

Jackamo.
Tatu
Rocker

God

« Reply #221 on: February 22, 2007, 01:50:08 PM »

Is Brain Mantia out of the band??  beer

You really know who's Maradona!
agropolus
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #222 on: February 22, 2007, 01:50:35 PM »

I'm curious as to what happened to Brain... they never mentioned why he left the band (well, at least it's pretty clear to me that he's out)
ByrefCS
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #223 on: February 22, 2007, 01:51:00 PM »

^^ what a troll rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
Tatu
Rocker

God

« Reply #224 on: February 22, 2007, 01:51:43 PM »

I'm curious as to what happened to Brain... they never mentioned why he left the band (well, at least it's pretty clear to me that he's out)

Because of his family.

Frank is better.

You really know who's Maradona!
agropolus
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #225 on: February 22, 2007, 01:52:52 PM »

Because of his family.

Frank is better.

Is that official? sorry, if it is I missed it

Anyway, I agree that Frank is better
jc524
Rocker

I should have known you're crazy

« Reply #226 on: February 22, 2007, 01:53:31 PM »

Roll Eyes mixing

ya ok

i'll believe it when we see it, but this is a step backwards IMO

we went from a tenative date to no date at all

at least we did get an update though ?Smiley

Fucked up and out of place
Jackamo!
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #227 on: February 22, 2007, 01:54:32 PM »

Brain isn't out.

Stop saying he is- it's confusing some.

Brain himself said that he'd rock out with axl & co in 2007.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #228 on: February 22, 2007, 01:54:58 PM »

Yeah I'd be surprised if the ever unhappy bunch said happy for once.  Roll Eyes

It's very nice of del and whoever sent it to him,  whether mysteron or jackamo hihi to oblige us with the update.

At least Axl kept his word about keeping the fans informed on the progress.

That was in regard to a new date/official date and not to the progress. 
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #229 on: February 22, 2007, 02:06:21 PM »

Yeah I'd be surprised if the ever unhappy bunch said happy for once.  Roll Eyes

yeah ppbebe

some people will never be happy. it`s always the same...

first they bitch about the silence and say, that they want an update. then they get one and they?re still bitching....  i mean seriously... how someone is able to whine about the fact, that chinese democracy is recorded and now being mixed is beyond me.

as of yesterday, axl could`ve been recording a ballad album with the help of the singer of aerosmith for all we knew Lips Sealed (i`m not sure with whom he was supposed to record one..... it doesn`t matter anyways)

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
EFISH
« Reply #230 on: February 22, 2007, 02:07:21 PM »

Good news!  beer
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #231 on: February 22, 2007, 02:11:44 PM »

Roll Eyes mixing

ya ok

i'll believe it when we see it, but this is a step backwards IMO

we went from a tenative date to no date at all

at least we did get an update though ?Smiley

What's the point in giving another tentative release date now, when they're clearly pretty close to getting an official one? Essensially, that's what this update told us...

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #232 on: February 22, 2007, 02:23:37 PM »

Axl is not currently managed by anyone. Sanctuary are no more on the scene.

out of curiosity mysteron....what is the status of sanctuary owning the publishing rights of axl/gnr? Undecided

I do not know anything about that

cool (i guess hihi ) thanks though... beer

AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #233 on: February 22, 2007, 02:26:29 PM »

I know of very few legal issues that are ever completely dealt with extrajudicially to be honest, most often there is a complain, a request for injunction, subpoenas, depositions etc... I highly doubt that all the "legal" battles are being settled without any of this done, if it is then Axl is being represented by the worst legal team imaginable. ?

Ok, and for you saying I havent seen Axl's record contract, I would like for you to show me evidence of one record contract where there is a renegotiation clause upon turning in a completed CD. ?Just one, I would love to see it. ?How about you go down to your local legal library, grab a form book and look at the actual CD contract form Geffen Records uses. ?You will see no area for renegotiation upon the labels reception of the finished CD. ?

All you people saying that they have a management team were just taken to the cleaners.

This last tour they lost Brain and had to replace him with Frank, for whatever reason, even if Brain is still in the band Axl added a new drummer to the album. ?So again, every tour they seem to lose someone from the band. ?This is a large band with a wide variety of personalities in various points in their life and career. ?I am pretty sure that if Robin was content ?with just touring and not being able to hear his work on an album he woulda stuck with Trent. ?Its amazing he has stayed around this long and I wouldnt be surprised if he one day just got fed up.

This update told us nothing good, if you can filter through the bs. ?This essentially said that the CD that was tentatively scheduled to be release March 6, has not even been turned in to the record company.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #234 on: February 22, 2007, 02:29:49 PM »

Axl is not currently managed by anyone. Sanctuary are no more on the scene.

A request was sent to Del to give you guys an update on CD. He has now done that.

I know you are probably disappointed Mar 6th is not going to happen, but the news is positive nonetheless.

Wow..I gotta say...I find that completely shocking.

A major band with NO management?  Yikes.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #235 on: February 22, 2007, 02:37:16 PM »

I know of very few legal issues that are ever completely dealt with extrajudicially to be honest, most often there is a complain, a request for injunction, subpoenas, depositions etc... I highly doubt that all the "legal" battles are being settled without any of this done, if it is then Axl is being represented by the worst legal team imaginable. 

Then I'd venture your legal experience is limited on the civil side of things, especially in reference to artist management, contract law/negotiation/settlement, and the like.  It happens every day in corporate law.

Worst?  No, the best actually...depending on where the contention originated.  Given the history, I'd say Axl is far more likely to be the defendant, than the plantiff.  In any event, having a legal team that can broker deals without involving the courts (which always makes things both messy and risky) is a very GOOD thing, if it's the case.

Edit: Earlier, I think you asked for an example of a legal issue that would not have been public through court records.  How about the original IRS leak, and Eddie trunk.  It was a legal issue, dealing with a Cease and Desist letter, and legal requests and "negotiations" from Axl's legal team.  Ditto the on-line leaks and the C & D's sent to sites hosting them.  There's a great example...of course, I'm not saying they'd ALL be of that manner, but, again, there are lots of situations I would call "legal issues" that wouldn't involve filing legal documents.

Ok, and for you saying I havent seen Axl's record contract, I would like for you to show me evidence of one record contract where there is a renegotiation clause upon turning in a completed CD.  Just one, I would love to see it.  How about you go down to your local legal library, grab a form book and look at the actual CD contract form Geffen Records uses.  You will see no area for renegotiation upon the labels reception of the finished CD. 

Correct.  You would normally renegotiate PRIOR to turning in the CD...using it as leverage to get the label to the table.  Just like pro athletes threaten to sit out a season, or part of a season, if their team won't renegotiate, restructure, or simply negotiate a new, deal.

All you people saying that they have a management team were just taken to the cleaners.

I didn't see many people saying they HAVE a team.  I saw (and asked, myself) if we knew for sure they did not.  We now have an answer.

This last tour they lost Brain and had to replace him with Frank, for whatever reason, even if Brain is still in the band Axl added a new drummer to the album.  So again, every tour they seem to lose someone from the band.  This is a large band with a wide variety of personalities in various points in their life and career.  I am pretty sure that if Robin was content  with just touring and not being able to hear his work on an album he woulda stuck with Trent.  Its amazing he has stayed around this long and I wouldnt be surprised if he one day just got fed up.

This update told us nothing good, if you can filter through the bs.  This essentially said that the CD that was tentatively scheduled to be release March 6, has not even been turned in to the record company.

How you can look at an update that says "recording is done" and not glean at least an iota of "goodness" about it speaks more to your prejudice than it does to the update's quality of information.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 02:47:07 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #236 on: February 22, 2007, 02:39:15 PM »

It's great to see Frank and Ron pictured prominently on the website, too.  Time to really start putting the new band members into the spotlight.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Mike McKagan
Rocker

I'm a small town white boy...

« Reply #237 on: February 22, 2007, 02:49:36 PM »

I'm curious what people think of the fact that GN'R are currently "without management."  On one hand, I can see this as a positive thing, what with one less person being there to cloud the water or fuck things up.  On the other hand, how many bands do big things (tour, release an album, etc.) with no managment to keep things moving smoothly?  I'm not saying either is the case, I'm just curious if anyone else has an opinion where the lack of management falls on the positive-negative scale.

VR--Nashville, TN--10/16/2004
GN'R--Portland, OR--12/11/2006
GN'R--Rosemont, IL--11/15/2011
GN'R--Nashville, TN--07/09/2016
GN'R--Saint Louis, MO--09/09/2023
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #238 on: February 22, 2007, 02:57:40 PM »

I know of very few legal issues that are ever completely dealt with extrajudicially to be honest, most often there is a complain, a request for injunction, subpoenas, depositions etc... I highly doubt that all the "legal" battles are being settled without any of this done, if it is then Axl is being represented by the worst legal team imaginable.?

Then I'd venture your legal experience is limited on the civil side of things, especially in reference to artist management, contract law/negotiation/settlement, and the like.? It happens every day in corporate law.

Worst?? No, the best actually...depending on where the contention originated.? Given the history, I'd say Axl is far more likely to be the defendant, than the plantiff.? In any event, having a legal team that can broker deals without involving the courts (which always makes things both messy and risky) is a very GOOD thing, if it's the case.

Ok, and for you saying I havent seen Axl's record contract, I would like for you to show me evidence of one record contract where there is a renegotiation clause upon turning in a completed CD.? Just one, I would love to see it.? How about you go down to your local legal library, grab a form book and look at the actual CD contract form Geffen Records uses.? You will see no area for renegotiation upon the labels reception of the finished CD.?

Correct.? You would normally renegotiate PRIOR to turning in the CD...using it as leverage to get the label to the table.? Just like pro athletes threaten to sit out a season, or part of a season, if their team won't renegotiate, restructure, or simply negotiate a new, deal.

I didn't see many people saying they HAVE a team.? I saw (and asked, myself) if we knew for sure they did not.? We now have an answer.

This last tour they lost Brain and had to replace him with Frank, for whatever reason, even if Brain is still in the band Axl added a new drummer to the album.? So again, every tour they seem to lose someone from the band.? This is a large band with a wide variety of personalities in various points in their life and career.? I am pretty sure that if Robin was content? with just touring and not being able to hear his work on an album he woulda stuck with Trent.? Its amazing he has stayed around this long and I wouldnt be surprised if he one day just got fed up.

This update told us nothing good, if you can filter through the bs.? This essentially said that the CD that was tentatively scheduled to be release March 6, has not even been turned in to the record company.

How you can look at an update that says "recording is done" and not glean at least an iota of "goodness" about it speaks more to your prejudice than it does to the update's quality of information.

Your legal knowledge is pretty slim. ?First of all signing contracts and such are not going to slow down the album and would have nothing to do with the legal process. If Axl was a "defendant" as you claim then that of course would be a civil matter, or are you saying that he is having criminal problems. ?99% of cases do not go to court, however, how do you notify a party you have a complaint against them if you dont file a complaint. ?You are suggesting people are calling Axl up and saying "I am going to sue you" and his lawyers just settle? This is such lack of knowledge that its almost impossible to argue with. ?First you file a complaint, you rarely ever are in contact directly with the other party. ?Those complaints are kept on record. ?Second once the complaint is filed you file with the court a request for discovery. ?I highly doubt all of these legal proceedings are going on without any discovery. ?How about this you give me a legal issue that could possibly be holding Axl up, and I will just explain to you the procedure that attorneys use to settle or dismiss these complaints. ?And in case someone says "youre not Axl's lawyer etc..." these rules are mandatory. ?I am actually sitting here right now staring at the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, lawyers have to follow these rules if they dont they get disbarred. ?I get enough of law in my regular life and would rather not discuss it on here, so if you dont know about law why not just stop talking about it because its just ignorant. ?"the best legal teams never file motions?" ?are you nuts, thats all the best legal teams do. ?Motions for summary judgment, motions for protective orders, motions to compel etc...

As for renegotiations this is another baseless argument thats hard to argue with. ?The NFL players union have written into their contracts the right to sit out seasons and not get paid in attempts to renegotiate. ?This was done so because the NFL owners wanted the right to terminate contracts at will. ?In Geffen and in most Labels contracts, (they all pretty much copy eachothers forms) they do not add in any renegotiations. ?Why on earth would any company pay for something and before getting the reward for their investment allow the artist to hold them hostage? ?Heres whatll happen if Axl tries to negotiate. ?The record company would sue Axl to follow the contract and demand specific performance (i.e. turning over the album) or damages. ?Its happened before. ?Again if you want to know about album contract forms go down to any law library and you can see the form that Geffen uses. ?There are many places to add demands or certian payment structures, there is no spot to renegotiate before the cd is turned over to the record company.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #239 on: February 22, 2007, 03:01:55 PM »

i seriously don?t think we know about all the legal problems axl has/had to deal with.....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 26 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: