Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 08:54:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Gunsnroses.com updated with CD update
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gunsnroses.com updated with CD update  (Read 79281 times)
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #200 on: February 22, 2007, 01:03:26 PM »

am I the only one not beliving 100% that rumor about that andy wallace was mixing the album months ago, many seem to belive that but wasn't that just another "my friends dad who works there and knows billy who is wallace's brother in law and he said....." thingie?

i think that rumour was based on the article by the well known magazin im not sure we're allowed to mention, with which merck aparently cooperated.

I would'nt do that if I were you.
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #201 on: February 22, 2007, 01:04:53 PM »

I cant belive something that should of been one of the most postive and well received bits of news in a long time concerning the band and the album has been reacted to, and dealt with by a good number of people who are GnR fans. What is wrong with being positive and sticking by the band we all love? If I can do it having been a fan since the very beginning and so can many others, then why cant some of you people who just whine and moan for the sake of it? Are you the same people who whinged about some of the gigs last year when you were not even in attendance? We are in this for the long run and you should keep the faith really! If not then thats cool its your life but dont come to a website that is for fans and fucking depress people with your constant whining.

Mike

who's whining now? Roll Eyes

just kiddin' ?hihi yeah i know what you're saying and i feel the same way even though i've only been a real die-hard since 2004-ish

this from del is fucking great headbanger

Thats not whining my man, that is being very disillusioned with people who are meant to be fellow fans and cant seem to keep the faith all the way! Glad you agree with the post though! Mike

mustaine
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #202 on: February 22, 2007, 01:08:17 PM »

Honestly, this is good news. Finally the recording process is done. Mixing an album can take relatively little time, here's hoping for an album before the summer. These tour dates that are confirmed are in Japan ans South Africa, places they didn't go to during the tour last year. I think that if GN'R tour this summer the album will be out before that tour starts. This is just my opinion... we at least got an update, be happy about that.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #203 on: February 22, 2007, 01:09:38 PM »

^^the whining part was a joke ok

i wonder when we'll get the tracklist since they must have decided wich songs they'll put on CD, or maybe they'll save that to next time something gets delayed again Lips Sealed hihi
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #204 on: February 22, 2007, 01:13:02 PM »

Why are we assuming they have no manager?

Was about to ask the same thing...? I went through the thread and found this, which is the only basis for the assumption that I know of.

Axl is not currently managed by anyone so it was good of Del to post an update to the website.? peace

Hmm, I know Mysteron is usually dead on, but...I'd love to see him clarify.

Gnr has NOONE managing them?? I find that difficult to believe.? I'd believe it's "management by proxy", using the Sanctuary team, but I'd be floored if there was NOBODY performing managerial functions for them.? It woulda been awful hard to book any sort of tour....

Axl is not currently managed by anyone. Sanctuary are no more on the scene.

A request was sent to Del to give you guys an update on CD. He has now done that.

I know you are probably disappointed Mar 6th is not going to happen, but the news is positive nonetheless.
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #205 on: February 22, 2007, 01:14:25 PM »

So, recording is done (provided Axl doesn't suddenly decide something needs re-recorded). Now we have mixing and mastering before the cd gets released. My money is on July at the earliest, and part of me thinks it could end up being November. I think it'll be out in 2007 (keeping fingers crossed).

Atleast Axl kept his word about keeping the fans informed on the progress. It may have come from Del instead of Axl himself, but it's good enough for me.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

« Reply #206 on: February 22, 2007, 01:16:02 PM »

I must say this process teaches me a bunch of new stuff on the music industry that i knew nothing about

Thank you Guns N' Roses for all the delays.

(this is a joke even though it's kinda true hihi)
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #207 on: February 22, 2007, 01:16:31 PM »

wow thanks for that info Mysteron....so now there is one less hand in the GnR pie (sanctuary) so hopefully one less person in on the final decision process that has to be good news

gibb
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #208 on: February 22, 2007, 01:18:21 PM »

Thanks for the info Mysteron.  Any idea how far along they are in the mixing process? 
BBF Rocks
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #209 on: February 22, 2007, 01:20:16 PM »

All CD contracts are done during the signing process. Axl cannot renegotiate and I dont think he would want to considering the money the record company spent on this.

i'm happy we have so many "insiders" on this board, can you shed some light on excactly where and when axl invited you to take part in his contract negotiations? Roll Eyes
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #210 on: February 22, 2007, 01:20:45 PM »

A request was sent to Del to give you guys an update on CD. He has now done that.

I know you are probably disappointed Mar 6th is not going to happen, but the news is positive nonetheless.

So one less obstacle on the way of approving it?

Maybe Del is the webmaster? (probably not)

and yeah this is positive and thank u 4 clearing stuff up beer
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #211 on: February 22, 2007, 01:21:41 PM »

out of curiosity mysteron....what is the status of sanctuary owning the publishing rights of axl/gnr? Undecided

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #212 on: February 22, 2007, 01:25:52 PM »

Just to gain a little perspective, here's an article from last year about Stadium Arcadium (http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/9499280/chilis_reveal_secrets_of_stadium), and it says in mid-February they were still mixing. As far as I know they finished recording in December of 2005.

The album was first released May 5th in Europe.

Chinese Democracy has about the same timeline...

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #213 on: February 22, 2007, 01:26:34 PM »

Appreciate all your updates!? ok? ?Not too disappointed about March 6th... the first 50 or so delays were frustrating, but after a while, you roll with punches.? peace
Ron Jones
Headliner

Mr. Blue Sky

« Reply #214 on: February 22, 2007, 01:26:46 PM »

I do realize who we're talking about here, but all your estimations are way too long. Mixing, even for professional albums is usually one month max: even on complex albums. Mastering is usually a very short process (usually a week): once again even on complex albums. ?

A.K.A. Late April or Early May

I also want to add that there are reports of Andy Wallace doing mixes way before which leads me to believe that they are just mixing down Frank and Bumble's parts. Andy said that everyone was "delighted with the mixes" sometime last year. Think about it.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 01:29:30 PM by Ron Jones » Logged

Add me:

http://www.myspace.com/ronjones7

Fleet Center Boston, MA 12/2/02
Hammerstein Ballroom New York, NY 5/15/06
DCU Center Worcester, MA 11/8/06
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #215 on: February 22, 2007, 01:26:51 PM »

out of curiosity mysteron....what is the status of sanctuary owning the publishing rights of axl/gnr? Undecided

I do not know anything about that
Jackamo!
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #216 on: February 22, 2007, 01:27:24 PM »

I'm glad I never got my hopes up for March 6th. Smiley

ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #217 on: February 22, 2007, 01:34:20 PM »

... here we are in February 2007 and Axl has finished recording "Chinese Democracy".

... what I don't get is - why's he rushing this thing...?
Arcade Roses
Opening Act

You wanna step into my world....

« Reply #218 on: February 22, 2007, 01:37:10 PM »

By whom?
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #219 on: February 22, 2007, 01:41:59 PM »

Quote from: Mysteron on Today at 01:13:02 PM

By whom?

I have a feeling that his name starts with "J" and ends with "armo".

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 26 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: