Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 03:17:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Gunsnroses.com updated with CD update
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gunsnroses.com updated with CD update  (Read 79518 times)
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #180 on: February 22, 2007, 12:17:14 PM »

Again people are not complaining about when the album will be out, they are complaining about issues such as another tour with no album, having no manager, and stringing people along. ?Oh and whining and bitching obviously does help get responses from the band because whenever people are about to burst we get another update. ?

So its cool say its sweet that recording is done for now, but every tour thus far band membrs have been lost, what do you think will happen if Tommy (who does have a temper) gets mad at Axl on this tour and leaves, why even risk it. ?Would we have to wait for them to get a new bassist and let him record parts.
Apollon
Rocker

So bittersweet this tragedy...

« Reply #181 on: February 22, 2007, 12:18:35 PM »

So you say negotiations and such are cause for delay, but that its no big deal if they have random associates with the band handling this stuff? ?All of your logic is just false.

Axl allowed Merck to say the album was going to be out in 2006 and Axl said it himself, that means nothing. ?THis news means nothing except that the album is not finished or turned into the record company. ?Thats all people should take from this. ?Everything else is just silver lining.'

You said there were legal issues axl mentioned that we didnt know abotu that till then...What legal issue are you talking about. ?You just spew fanboy nonsense.

And you just spew BS! Tell me how should I know, about legal issues that weren't/aren't public? Tell me... But Axl said that there were some, so this is the truth...

Obviously you are just too blind to see what's obvious. The label cut the money years ago and perhaps even there was a legal arguement. So it must be re- negotiated concerning a CD release. And there are so many things that must be done, and since no fix release date is set yet, negotiating with promoters or music stations or pressing companies can't be done.

Merck made these statements on his own... "12 tuesdays left" is just a statement of Merck, not by Axl. And this is the reason Merck got fired.

And obviously you aren't able to read. "The recording is done" so most part of CD is ready... Stop being such a whiner...

EDIT: Every time the same thing.... (Jarmo, two posts above...)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 12:21:23 PM by Apollon » Logged
Millions
Headliner

It burns when I pee...

« Reply #182 on: February 22, 2007, 12:18:48 PM »

Hi jarmo - what are you hinting at? Are you implying that there are other things going on in the background, ie - legal stuff/ contractual red tape? If so, why? And how long is it gonna take?
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #183 on: February 22, 2007, 12:20:10 PM »

Hi jarmo - what are you hinting at? Are you implying that there are other things going on in the background, ie - legal stuff/ contractual red tape? If so, why? And how long is it gonna take?

He doesn't know, but that shit is normal, especially with Axl involved.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #184 on: February 22, 2007, 12:23:12 PM »

Again people are not complaining about when the album will be out, they are complaining about issues such as another tour with no album, having no manager, and stringing people along. 

How the hell does a tour with no album affect you? If it bothers you so much, don't go. Oh wait, I bet you don't even live in Japan or South Africa.....

The manager issue shouldn't really bother you at all. I don't know when you became a member of the band since it affects you so much.

You don't know when the album is gonna be released, you just assume things.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #185 on: February 22, 2007, 12:30:31 PM »

So you say negotiations and such are cause for delay, but that its no big deal if they have random associates with the band handling this stuff? ?All of your logic is just false.

Axl allowed Merck to say the album was going to be out in 2006 and Axl said it himself, that means nothing. ?THis news means nothing except that the album is not finished or turned into the record company. ?Thats all people should take from this. ?Everything else is just silver lining.'

You said there were legal issues axl mentioned that we didnt know abotu that till then...What legal issue are you talking about. ?You just spew fanboy nonsense.

And you just spew BS! Tell me how should I know, about legal issues that weren't/aren't public? Tell me... But Axl said that there were some, so this is the truth...

Obviously you are just too blind to see what's obvious. The label cut the money years ago and perhaps even there was a legal arguement. So it must be re- negotiated concerning a CD release. And there are so many things that must be done, and since no fix release date is set yet, negotiating with promoters or music stations or pressing companies can't be done.

Merck made these statements on his own... "12 tuesdays left" is just a statement of Merck, not by Axl. And this is the reason Merck got fired.

And obviously you aren't able to read. "The recording is done" so most part of CD is ready... Stop being such a whiner...

Youre right, it would be nice to have someone with a law degree breakdown the American judicial system. ?Oh wait...I have a law degree. ?Whenever an attorney files a motion or goes through courts and whenever there is a new cased filed it must be reported in either Westlaw or Lexisnexis. ?If there are confidentiality agreements they are done so during the actual legal process, the initial complaint as well as any subpoenas, discovery requests etc... which would be necessary to proceed in almost every legal matter are open to the public. ?Wow, stop posting if you know nothing.

Merck did not make those statements on his own. ?Axl even acknowledged in his letter that Merck had made him believe that the album could be out them. ?Axl in concert made numerous statements that the cd would be out in 2006. ?

I love when someone accuses another of not being able to read and then follows that statement with the line "The recording is done so most part of cd is ready." ?Horrible English such as that is very difficult to read I must admit, but I understand what Del James said very well.

All CD contracts are done during the signing process. Axl cannot renegotiate and I dont think he would want to considering the money the record company spent on this. ?Again who is doing these very important negotiations (which dont exist) if GNR doesnt have a manager. ?If these were crucial dont you think that the first thing Axl would do is hire a new manager. ?Mysteron knows more about this than any of us and he said there is no manager right now.

How does a tour with no album affect me?  Because every tour GNR has LOST members.  Why risk it this time again, why go through the same old thing again.  It doesnt affect me that I would cry about it or kill myself, but it does enough that I would be pretty upset about it, the same way I would be if my favorite basketball team left the city or lost the championship game. 

And its not assuming things when someone says that there are legal issues, negotiations etc... Or that the album will be out soon.  That is more assumptions than anything else.  I am making educated guesses based on the situation and judging from past situations with this band and with other bands in similar situations.
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #186 on: February 22, 2007, 12:33:31 PM »

Fine Danny, just keep waiting for those faxes and don't take what the band says on their official site as news.

Every time the same thing...

/jarmo

Ouch. ?I just got jarmo'd. ?Come on, man. ?You're better than that.

Look...I'm not trying t be a whiner or a complainer here. ?I was excited when I logged into the site this morning and saw the headline "Chinese Democracy Update". ?Then I read it. ?Then I read that it was credited to someone other than Axl. ?I'm sorry, I'm just not excited about this like I'd like to be. ?I was excited in December when there was an official statement from Axl himself, but it just seems like they are going in the direction of another cover-up. ?To me, it looks like this tiny statement was made and posted on the front page of their website for the soul reason to NOT have the "March 6th" date posted there.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #187 on: February 22, 2007, 12:40:27 PM »

Name a legal issue Axl said he was involved in that wasnt public.

Youre right, yeah, negotiating with promoters, directors, labels, music stations...thats a great point, they should be doing these things, but wait...how can they be doing these things without a freakin manager. Thats nonsense.  either that stuffs done or its not being done because as Mysteron said earlier this thread GNR has no manager right now.

Why are we assuming they have no manager?

They're still managed by Sanctuary, right?  Sanctuary has a team of managers....on what basis are we assuming NONE of them are currently performing the role (possilby interim) of managment for GnR?

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
JimBobJoeJackJr
Headliner

Here Today...No CD Tomorrow

« Reply #188 on: February 22, 2007, 12:41:09 PM »

#1. You can't beat jarmo's loyalty. That dude deserves a medal for being the whipping boy for all GnR fans. And can you think of a band that you'd less wanna be the whipping boy for? He's got a job to do and he does the best he can.

#2. Del's announcement means absolutely nothing to the fans. Sure it says the recording is complete, but who, for one second, doesn't think Axl might decide he wants to do some more recording tomorrow? Just come out and say that the album won't be out on March 6th (Axl still hasn't done that) and that you'll tell us when the album has been turned over to the record company. Finally, at that point, we'll know that a release is emminent.

I understand the argument that we should look at progress announcements in an optimistic light, but it's real hard given the history. I look back at the '06 North American tour and I'm conflicted. Sure I had a blast at the show, but the entire time leading up to the show I was under the impression that we were gonna get CD either before or soon after. Then when I come to find out that that tour was a cash-grab to finish the album, I feel icky. Like I was personally con'd by Axl. Forgive me if my view of GnR has turned pessimistic, but it didn't change over night. Perhaps I will some day look GnR in an optimistic light, but again, it won't change overnight.
hackvresse
Rocker

I'm God

« Reply #189 on: February 22, 2007, 12:47:50 PM »

sometimes I think the band pays jarmo for his comments...Wink

maybe we'd be better off without you anyway
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #190 on: February 22, 2007, 12:48:31 PM »

Was about to ask the same thing...? I went through the thread and found this, which is the only basis for the assumption that I know of.

Axl is not currently managed by anyone so it was good of Del to post an update to the website.? peace

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #191 on: February 22, 2007, 12:49:45 PM »

So you say negotiations and such are cause for delay, but that its no big deal if they have random associates with the band handling this stuff?  All of your logic is just false.

Axl allowed Merck to say the album was going to be out in 2006 and Axl said it himself, that means nothing.  THis news means nothing except that the album is not finished or turned into the record company.  Thats all people should take from this.  Everything else is just silver lining.'

You said there were legal issues axl mentioned that we didnt know abotu that till then...What legal issue are you talking about.  You just spew fanboy nonsense.

Youre right, it would be nice to have someone with a law degree breakdown the American judicial system.  Oh wait...I have a law degree.  Whenever an attorney files a motion or goes through courts and whenever there is a new cased filed it must be reported in either Westlaw or Lexisnexis.  If there are confidentiality agreements they are done so during the actual legal process, the initial complaint as well as any subpoenas, discovery requests etc... which would be necessary to proceed in almost every legal matter are open to the public.  Wow, stop posting if you know nothing.

There are many, many, many legal issues (as you well know) that don't require sitting before a judge.  Many, many legal claims are handled between legal firms, and their respective attorneys, long before even seeing a suit filed.  You file a suit when you can't come to an agreement with a party.  Usually, there is a whole host of legal wrangling LONG before a suit is filed.  In addition, contracts are negotiated and legally binding agreements are reached.  There's a whole HOST of "legal issues" that could have occured that wouldn't require one iota of public paperwork.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #192 on: February 22, 2007, 12:52:14 PM »

Was about to ask the same thing...  I went through the thread and found this, which is the only basis for the assumption that I know of.

Axl is not currently managed by anyone so it was good of Del to post an update to the website.  peace

Hmm, I know Mysteron is usually dead on, but...I'd love to see him clarify.

Gnr has NOONE managing them?  I find that difficult to believe.  I'd believe it's "management by proxy", using the Sanctuary team, but I'd be floored if there was NOBODY performing managerial functions for them.  It woulda been awful hard to book any sort of tour....

Together again,
evergreen_layne
Rocker

People have waited a long time for this

« Reply #193 on: February 22, 2007, 12:52:44 PM »

Then when I come to find out that that tour was a cash-grab to finish the album, I feel icky

Yeah I felt the same way I just didn't want to think about it too hard.  It might make me feel like some kinda loser...

11.08.02 - Tacoma Dome, Tacoma, WA
12.10.06 - Everett Events Center, Everett, WA
12.11.06 - Rose Garden Arena, Portland, OR
Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #194 on: February 22, 2007, 12:53:08 PM »

The recording is finished. The world tour is beginning soon.
Axl doesn't determine the street date for the CD.
That's what the record label's marketing team is for.

Why can't you just take this as good news, as I'm sure the wheels are in motion now.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #195 on: February 22, 2007, 12:53:26 PM »

am I the only one not beliving 100% that rumor about that andy wallace was mixing the album months ago, many seem to belive that but wasn't that just another "my friends dad who works there and knows billy who is wallace's brother in law and he said....." thingie?
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #196 on: February 22, 2007, 12:58:58 PM »

I cant belive something that should of been one of the most postive and well received bits of news in a long time concerning the band and the album has been reacted to, and dealt with by a good number of people who are GnR fans. What is wrong with being positive and sticking by the band we all love? If I can do it having been a fan since the very beginning and so can many others, then why cant some of you people who just whine and moan for the sake of it? Are you the same people who whinged about some of the gigs last year when you were not even in attendance? We are in this for the long run and you should keep the faith really! If not then thats cool its your life but dont come to a website that is for fans and fucking depress people with your constant whining.

Mike

Apollon
Rocker

So bittersweet this tragedy...

« Reply #197 on: February 22, 2007, 12:59:40 PM »

Youre right, it would be nice to have someone with a law degree breakdown the American judicial system. ?Oh wait...I have a law degree. ?Whenever an attorney files a motion or goes through courts and whenever there is a new cased filed it must be reported in either Westlaw or Lexisnexis. ?If there are confidentiality agreements they are done so during the actual legal process, the initial complaint as well as any subpoenas, discovery requests etc... which would be necessary to proceed in almost every legal matter are open to the public. ?Wow, stop posting if you know nothing.

I don't know if you're right or not. But I can't imagine every legal statement by a private person being publshed by a commercial company.

Merck did not make those statements on his own. ?Axl even acknowledged in his letter that Merck had made him believe that the album could be out them. ?Axl in concert made numerous statements that the cd would be out in 2006. ?

Axl acted in good faith than he made those statements. Whatever stopped the process, we do not know. You don't.

All CD contracts are done during the signing process. Axl cannot renegotiate and I dont think he would want to considering the money the record company spent on this. ?Again who is doing these very important negotiations (which dont exist) if GNR doesnt have a manager. ?If these were crucial dont you think that the first thing Axl would do is hire a new manager. ?Mysteron knows more about this than any of us and he said there is no manager right now.

Mysteron said that there is no manager right now. That's right, but isn't GnR still managed by Sanctaury? The position of GnR's manager might be not staffed but still there is the manager team of Sanctuary... Moreover there is Beta or Del...

How does a tour with no album affect me?? Because every tour GNR has LOST members.? Why risk it this time again, why go through the same old thing again.? It doesnt affect me that I would cry about it or kill myself, but it does enough that I would be pretty upset about it, the same way I would be if my favorite basketball team left the city or lost the championship game.?

I really can't remember that the 2006 tour moved a member of GnR to leave the band.

And its not assuming things when someone says that there are legal issues, negotiations etc... Or that the album will be out soon.? That is more assumptions than anything else.? I am making educated guesses based on the situation and judging from past situations with this band and with other bands in similar situations.

You are guessing based on your opinons. Well, you're opinion doesn't count. But Axl's or Del's does. And Del said that recording is done. Consequently CD is coming soon. That's it. (and in this connclusion there is not much assumption)
Jackamo!
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #198 on: February 22, 2007, 01:02:24 PM »

am I the only one not beliving 100% that rumor about that andy wallace was mixing the album months ago, many seem to belive that but wasn't that just another "my friends dad who works there and knows billy who is wallace's brother in law and he said....." thingie?
Andy Wallace did mix it- the guys from Talking Metal even said.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #199 on: February 22, 2007, 01:02:38 PM »

I cant belive something that should of been one of the most postive and well received bits of news in a long time concerning the band and the album has been reacted to, and dealt with by a good number of people who are GnR fans. What is wrong with being positive and sticking by the band we all love? If I can do it having been a fan since the very beginning and so can many others, then why cant some of you people who just whine and moan for the sake of it? Are you the same people who whinged about some of the gigs last year when you were not even in attendance? We are in this for the long run and you should keep the faith really! If not then thats cool its your life but dont come to a website that is for fans and fucking depress people with your constant whining.

Mike

who's whining now? Roll Eyes

just kiddin' ?hihi yeah i know what you're saying and i feel the same way even though i've only been a real die-hard since 2004-ish

this from del is fucking great headbanger

Andy Wallace did mix it- the guys from Talking Metal even said.

yeah but they have the same sources as we right or did bbf say anything to them? or maybe i'm just have a bad memory sorry if so peace hihi
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 01:04:17 PM by CheapJon » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 26 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: