Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 02:24:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Gunsnroses.com updated with CD update
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gunsnroses.com updated with CD update  (Read 79489 times)
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #160 on: February 22, 2007, 11:45:35 AM »

When was the last time you heard this regarding Chinese Democracy: all of the recording for the album has been completed?

No.  We've heard better than this in the past.  We've heard "the album is definately coming out this year" in 2006. 

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #161 on: February 22, 2007, 11:49:54 AM »

Tommy said all the recording was done in 2004 in some European interview if I remember right.? Also didnt Bach say he had heard the finished album?

i guess Axl could have played the album to people before it got mixed.. Or maybe with a poor mix. And remember they were close to release the album fall 2006. But Axl wanted Bumble and Frank to be on it.. And i think that is great! Since theyr now in the band...

Tommy may have said this and that.. but alot was going on with Buckethead leaving the band which change the situation...

And again, did Seb Bach said the finished album? or just the album at that time?

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #162 on: February 22, 2007, 11:50:46 AM »

When was the last time you heard this regarding Chinese Democracy: all of the recording for the album has been completed?

No.  We've heard better than this in the past.  We've heard "the album is definately coming out this year" in 2006. 

Sure.

But you didn't answer the question.

Recording wasn't done at that point.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Apollon
Rocker

So bittersweet this tragedy...

« Reply #163 on: February 22, 2007, 11:51:48 AM »

Sure it's weird. But nevertheless it's the only thing to understand music - feeling. But even in a "mechanical" way, this IS good news. We know that recording is done and that they are mixing right now!

Sure would have been nice to hear Axl say this, though.

And what's the difference? Del said it - he's more an insider than everyone here. I believe he knows pretty everything concerning CD! Axl is NOT a webmaster and Del has his own column on gunsroses.com... So why not?

Wasnt Merc an insider as well.? You put a buffer up when youre going to lie, that way YOU can never be caught in backpeddling.

You say Del is lying? I've never seen more whiners than among GnR fans...

I don't get it - why is it so hard to understand that real insiders (like Del) know more than yourself. We have to trust them and we can do because there are several indications that CD is near.

And I think that Axl never lied intentional! There are so many things around (laywers, negotiations...) that it's very hard to say something reliable...

How many fans do you know have had to put up with this stuff and still remain this loyal and into the badn.

Oh no, Im not saying Del is lying, he said "things appear to be moving along" and i am sure to him they do.? I also think he said what Axl told him to say, i dont think its a lie hes just relaying the info.

Lawyers?? Axl doesnt even have a manager right now, what are these lawyers doing, who on earth could they be still negotiating with right now.? I love how fanatics always say that realists speculate, then they talk about all the lawyers and negotiations, with who?? Most legal documents are open to the public, if he was involved in some giant legal dispute we would know about it.?

Negotiations?? negotiating what? Nuclear weapons ban in North Korea.? This is an album, what on earth are they negotiating.? Every person who participated in recording was paid and if they left they left on their own.? Its well known Axl has been very litiigious throughout this entire process and has made almost every person involved sign legal documents handing all the rights to Axl.? I forget who sent Axl some lyrics and got a letter back from his lawyer demanding that he signed over the rights to them. (think it was mentioned in the Spin article).

Yeah people whine, but their whines still cant be droned out by the new cd.

First: Thanks Jarmo! I totally agree...

Concerning Laywers: Yeah sure every legal document is public. That's just BS! Axl himself pointed to several legal issues he was dealing with... And we did NOT know...

And calling me a fanatic is just hillarious. As "fanatic" as I try to be optimistic , you and all the whiners out there are trying fantaticly to be pessimistic...

And only simple minded people think that releasing an album is only making music. There is so many stuff to care about. To negotiate with promoters, directors, labels, music stations and so on...

And sure there will be less whiners when CD is released, but is it really fair? Complainig instead of supporting in times GnR needs support?
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #164 on: February 22, 2007, 11:52:24 AM »

Sure.

/jarmo

Didn't somebody just say that Tommy said it a long time ago?

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #165 on: February 22, 2007, 11:53:11 AM »

Tommy said all the recording was done in 2004 in some European interview if I remember right.? Also didnt Bach say he had heard the finished album?

i guess Axl could have played the album to people before it got mixed.. Or maybe with a poor mix. And remember they were close to release the album fall 2006. But Axl wanted Bumble and Frank to be on it.. And i think that is great! Since theyr now in the band...

Tommy may have said this and that.. but alot was going on with Buckethead leaving the band which change the situation...

And again, did Seb Bach said the finished album? or just the album at that time?

That had little to nothing to do with it, he wasn't finished with his parts.

Which is why I see this news as a decent step in the right direction. Waiting for Axl is the hardest part.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #166 on: February 22, 2007, 11:53:59 AM »

Sure.

/jarmo

No disrespect but it's coming apparent that the rest of the band has limited knowledge on the completion status. This is official, and that's a first.

maynard
« Reply #167 on: February 22, 2007, 11:54:57 AM »

So, recording is done, I am expecting to see what will be the next excuse, I'm betting on legal stuff next time.
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #168 on: February 22, 2007, 11:56:22 AM »

Sure it's weird. But nevertheless it's the only thing to understand music - feeling. But even in a "mechanical" way, this IS good news. We know that recording is done and that they are mixing right now!

And what's the difference? Del said it - he's more an insider than everyone here. I believe he knows pretty everything concerning CD! Axl is NOT a webmaster and Del has his own column on gunsroses.com... So why not?

Wasnt Merc an insider as well.? You put a buffer up when youre going to lie, that way YOU can never be caught in backpeddling.

I don't get it - why is it so hard to understand that real insiders (like Del) know more than yourself. We have to trust them and we can do because there are several indications that CD is near.

And I think that Axl never lied intentional! There are so many things around (laywers, negotiations...) that it's very hard to say something reliable...

How many fans do you know have had to put up with this stuff and still remain this loyal and into the badn.

Oh no, Im not saying Del is lying, he said "things appear to be moving along" and i am sure to him they do.? I also think he said what Axl told him to say, i dont think its a lie hes just relaying the info.

Lawyers?? Axl doesnt even have a manager right now, what are these lawyers doing, who on earth could they be still negotiating with right now.? I love how fanatics always say that realists speculate, then they talk about all the lawyers and negotiations, with who?? Most legal documents are open to the public, if he was involved in some giant legal dispute we would know about it.?

Negotiations?? negotiating what? Nuclear weapons ban in North Korea.? This is an album, what on earth are they negotiating.? Every person who participated in recording was paid and if they left they left on their own.? Its well known Axl has been very litiigious throughout this entire process and has made almost every person involved sign legal documents handing all the rights to Axl.? I forget who sent Axl some lyrics and got a letter back from his lawyer demanding that he signed over the rights to them. (think it was mentioned in the Spin article).

Concerning Laywers: Yeah sure every legal document is public. That's just BS! Axl himself pointed to several legal issues he was dealing with... And we did NOT know...

And calling me a fanatic is just hillarious. As "fanatic" as I try to be optimistic , you and all the whiners out there are trying fantaticly to be pessimistic...

And only simple minded people think that releasing an album is only making music. There is so many stuff to care about. To negotiate with promoters, directors, labels, music stations and so on...

And sure there will be less whiners when CD is released, but is it really fair? Complainig instead of supporting in times GnR needs support?

Name a legal issue Axl said he was involved in that wasnt public.

Youre right, yeah, negotiating with promoters, directors, labels, music stations...thats a great point, they should be doing these things, but wait...how can they be doing these things without a freakin manager. Thats nonsense. ?either that stuffs done or its not being done because as Mysteron said earlier this thread GNR has no manager right now.
acciu
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #169 on: February 22, 2007, 11:58:39 AM »

So, recording is done, I am expecting to see what will be the next excuse, I'm betting on legal stuff next time.
Oh no .. I bet the next step will be another member departure ... so some tracks will be re-recorded...
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #170 on: February 22, 2007, 12:01:17 PM »

Quote from: Danny on Today at 11:52:24 AM
Sure.

/jarmo

No disrespect but it's coming apparent that the rest of the band has limited knowledge on the completion status. This is official, and that's a first.

Yeah.  You're right.  Hearing it from an actual member of the band is meaningless.  But if we hear it from a friend of Axl who may or may not be the band's road manager we should beleive it.

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #171 on: February 22, 2007, 12:01:38 PM »

Youre right, yeah, negotiating with promoters, directors, labels, music stations...thats a great point, they should be doing these things, but wait...how can they be doing these things without a freakin manager. Thats nonsense. ?either that stuffs done or its not being done because as Mysteron said earlier this thread GNR has no manager right now.

Im sure we dont need to worry about that.. Im sure there is someone taking care of stuff like this. Just because they dont have an official manager at this time.. there is alot of people involved around the band.. you dont need to be under Mercks charge to do this... just trust them!
Who knows.. Del James, Beta, and people from the record company could be doing stuff like that... no big deal. And who knows.. maybe they have a manager for all we know.. It seams like lots of people have the attitude that, if it aint official, thing isnt moving forward..

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #172 on: February 22, 2007, 12:02:22 PM »

Quote from: Danny on Today at 11:52:24 AM
Sure.

/jarmo

Yeah.? You're right.? Hearing it from an actual member of the band is meaningless.? But if we hear it from a friend of Axl who may or may not be the band's road manager we should beleive it.

No smartie pants, Axl allowing it to be on the official site is reason for it to be true, at least more true.

Apollon
Rocker

So bittersweet this tragedy...

« Reply #173 on: February 22, 2007, 12:04:15 PM »

I shall name a legal issue that wasn't public? Well, how should this work? ?rofl Axl said so, so there is truth in it!

Negotiations have to be done... Wether they have a manager or not. I believe for example Beta or Del or someone we don't know can handle this. But it has to be done! Why, well even if there were plans in end 2006 they changed til now. It's not like: "Hey I wanna release a CD... What about tomorrow?"

And at all: I simply don't get it! So much negativity... This is good news and half of this thread is just whining... Sad but true...
Tommie
Imma Gunna
Rocker

« Reply #174 on: February 22, 2007, 12:06:26 PM »

This is great news, but I would love to hear from Axl again.

When life gave Jack Bauer lemons, he used them to kill terrorists...Jack Bauer hates lemonade.
www.gnrevolution.com
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #175 on: February 22, 2007, 12:07:54 PM »

So you say negotiations and such are cause for delay, but that its no big deal if they have random associates with the band handling this stuff? ?All of your logic is just false.

Axl allowed Merck to say the album was going to be out in 2006 and Axl said it himself, that means nothing. ?THis news means nothing except that the album is not finished or turned into the record company. ?Thats all people should take from this. ?Everything else is just silver lining.'

You said there were legal issues axl mentioned that we didnt know abotu that till then...What legal issue are you talking about. ?You just spew fanboy nonsense.
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #176 on: February 22, 2007, 12:09:10 PM »

There seems to be a real pattern in how we get information about this. ?It's something like this: 1) Somebody from the band says something promising, but sort of vague. 2) A bunch of waiting and silence. 3) Someone not in the band but associated with them says something that gan be construed as either good or bad news, depending on how you look at it...still vague, though. ?4) A bunch more waiting and silence. ?5) Axl finally says something that seems promising...untill... 6) We hear from a band member again and the cycle starts all over again.

I guess we're on step 3 right now.

Chief
Legend

« Reply #177 on: February 22, 2007, 12:12:23 PM »

WOO HOOOOO!!!   recording done, it shouldn't be too much longer now.  yessss

p.s. how cool is it that we have frank and ron's pic on the gnr page???
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 12:53:46 PM by Chief » Logged

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
illusionone
VIP

I never wanted you to be so full of anger. . . .

« Reply #178 on: February 22, 2007, 12:13:03 PM »

You all need to chill out abit. ?I have been waiting just as long as you have. ?It will come out when it comes out - your complaining will have no impact on the albums release date.

We have no idea what is holding up the album, an I could care less. ?I'm still happy that the GN'R wheels are turning - i have been extremley grateful for '06 and what will be in '07.

Take your time and do it right.

-Peace-
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 12:15:39 PM by illusionone » Logged

Wake up. . . .time to die
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #179 on: February 22, 2007, 12:16:30 PM »

Fine Danny, just keep waiting for those faxes and don't take what the band says on their official site as news.

Every time the same thing...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 26 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: