Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 11:45:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228107 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Gunsnroses.com updated with CD update
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gunsnroses.com updated with CD update  (Read 78768 times)
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #100 on: February 22, 2007, 09:31:25 AM »

Hey! The Mixing is one of the final things to do on a record and it can be done in a couple of days!
Calm people! This is the first time in GNR history, we know the album is beeing Mixed!
Its just a matter of SHORT time now  ok

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #101 on: February 22, 2007, 09:33:30 AM »

Hey! The Mixing is one of the final things to do on a record and it can be done in a couple of days!
Calm people! This is the first time in GNR history, we know the album is beeing Mixed!
Its just a matter of SHORT time now? ok

I believe you're talking about the mastering... The mixing takes a while longer. But either way, GREAT NEWS!  beer

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Randy Jesus
VIP

This Never Happened, It's Just a Dream...

« Reply #102 on: February 22, 2007, 09:33:34 AM »

Isn't there a couple of different people claiming to be mixing it? If that is so, it could be a faster way of getting quality mixes done.
Randy Jesus
VIP

This Never Happened, It's Just a Dream...

« Reply #103 on: February 22, 2007, 09:35:19 AM »

I believe you're talking about the mastering... The mixing takes a while longer. But either way, GREAT NEWS!  beer

They are in the process of mixing. That doesn't mean that they just started.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #104 on: February 22, 2007, 09:37:17 AM »

Its just a matter of SHORT time now? ok

I believe you're talking about the mastering... The mixing takes a while longer. But either way, GREAT NEWS!? beer

They are in the process of mixing. That doesn't mean that they just started.

Yes, I know.. but I don't think the mixing can be done in two days. (Like: they start up one day and finish up the day after)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 09:44:35 AM by Spirit » Logged

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
brock
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #105 on: February 22, 2007, 09:50:59 AM »

i'd say the album most likely will be out in May now...
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #106 on: February 22, 2007, 09:55:14 AM »

I think its very positive to say that the music is done, and the BBF and Frank recorded parts.  However, it was 2004 when tommy said all that needed to be done was mastering

whiny
Rocker

a boy with urban needs, plant him some urban seeds

« Reply #107 on: February 22, 2007, 10:00:41 AM »

i'd say the album most likely will be out in May now...

yeah could, but still late april or may sounds a bit optimistic. but i'm really hoping we have a single and the official release date by then. if the album is not out by june it will be fall / late fall again... 100% - for big albums are almost never released in july/august.

"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth -
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were"
jeorose
Rocker

Get In The Ring Motherfucker

« Reply #108 on: February 22, 2007, 10:01:08 AM »

After 14 years great news. Grin

Kill Your Idols
gokken
Rocker

www.gnrsweden.com

« Reply #109 on: February 22, 2007, 10:02:00 AM »

The mixing has been started almost month ago? Right?
whiny
Rocker

a boy with urban needs, plant him some urban seeds

« Reply #110 on: February 22, 2007, 10:04:27 AM »

The mixing has been started almost month ago? Right?

months ago, that's what we are hoping... but maybe the andy wallace mixes were just some test-mixings, for the frank/bumble/finishing touches parts were partly recorded a bit later... and axl might as well go back to studio again, as he has done before. just because the albums seems to be finished today, doesn't mean it's still finished tomorrow. here today, gone to...
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 10:08:12 AM by whiny » Logged

"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth -
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were"
madagas
« Reply #111 on: February 22, 2007, 10:07:22 AM »

Mixing has been going off and on for years-literally. So quit guessing where they are in the process. It is a clear step forward that Axl is happy with the recordings and the recordings are officially complete.  peace Just be happy with that right now.
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #112 on: February 22, 2007, 10:17:24 AM »

Based on what's previously been reported (26 of 30-32 songs finished, Andy Wallace mixing in the summer), my bet is that whatever was recorded over the last two months is currently being mixed.  You don't need to have every song recorded to commence mixing on the songs that are already through that process.  Many times, bands will mix the single, release that, then mix the rest of the album in the run up to the release date. 

Again, this is GNR, so saying "many times" or "usually" are not always pertinent.  I know that the new Silverchair album took a couple of months to mix (they were in Toronto over the past two months) and their music has become more and more intricate, so you've got to figure that for GNR this process won't take longer than a month, maybe two.  Mastering can be done in a couple of days, it's just matching levels.

All in all, it's better than no news...

Cheers,

Andrew

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #113 on: February 22, 2007, 10:19:38 AM »

So now theres no release date, they arent bound to anything and they are going back out on tour. ?This album will be out late this year at the very best. ?Mixing can take a long time especially on an album with many different layers. ?Not to mention 8 weeks at the very best from the time its turned into the record company. ?This is meaningless and just more stringing along. ?Axl told fans that March 6 was a possible release date and it sounds as if they have no plans to turn the album into the record company before March 6. ?Mixing the album just means that they arent done. ?Good news will be when they turn in the album to the record company. ?Axl can still change things, add things etc... ?People who are excited about this are just getting themselves worked up for another let down. ?Most albums dont take 14 years, and you are all expecting them to mix this album faster than normal bands? ?I am guessing we are about a year away from this album actually being released.

No news would have been better because if they were about to turn this into the label I bet they would have waited till it was turned over and then make an announcement.  I am guessing we will get a rather long dry period about this album and then the band will go on tour.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #114 on: February 22, 2007, 10:26:04 AM »

Nice update.

Many of you were saying you want to hear about the status of the album and here you are!

fink_owns_slash
Banned
Headliner

coen brothers' 1991 masterpiece 'barton fink'

« Reply #115 on: February 22, 2007, 10:29:47 AM »

i believe some tracks that have been done for some time might have already been mixed... perhaps they are just mixing the songs that bumblefoot and frank made additions too. all i know is that the mix for an album like this (with all the industrial/piano/sythns that i think will be on it) with be a hell of a task (i meant ability wise not time wise). i think this will be a very dense layer album. can't wait.

peace out

to find out when chinese democracy comes out check out '14 years' (its only been 12; we have 2 left... sorry)
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #116 on: February 22, 2007, 10:30:02 AM »

So now theres no release date, they arent bound to anything and they are going back out on tour. ?This album will be out late this year at the very best. ?Mixing can take a long time especially on an album with many different layers. ?Not to mention 8 weeks at the very best from the time its turned into the record company. ?This is meaningless and just more stringing along. ?Axl told fans that March 6 was a possible release date and it sounds as if they have no plans to turn the album into the record company before March 6. ?Mixing the album just means that they arent done. ?Good news will be when they turn in the album to the record company. ?Axl can still change things, add things etc... ?People who are excited about this are just getting themselves worked up for another let down. ?Most albums dont take 14 years, and you are all expecting them to mix this album faster than normal bands? ?I am guessing we are about a year away from this album actually being released.

No news would have been better because if they were about to turn this into the label I bet they would have waited till it was turned over and then make an announcement. ?I am guessing we will get a rather long dry period about this album and then the band will go on tour.

I aggree with everything here. ?This "announcement" leaves a bad taste in my mouth. ?I wasn't really sure why, untill just now.

There's something really bad about this...not in the announcement itself, but by who is credited with making it. ?Del James? ?Why would they have him make this "announcement"? ?It was short and simple so why could'nt Axl have made this announcement himself? ?The only answer I can come up with is this. ?They didn't want Axl to make this statement because then he can't be the one blamed much later when there is still no sign of the album's release or when we once again hear that there's more recording to be done. ?It just seems weird to me that Axl himself would'nt make this statement.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #117 on: February 22, 2007, 10:34:44 AM »

So now theres no release date, they arent bound to anything and they are going back out on tour.  This album will be out late this year at the very best.  Mixing can take a long time especially on an album with many different layers.  Not to mention 8 weeks at the very best from the time its turned into the record company.  This is meaningless and just more stringing along.  Axl told fans that March 6 was a possible release date and it sounds as if they have no plans to turn the album into the record company before March 6.  Mixing the album just means that they arent done.  Good news will be when they turn in the album to the record company.  Axl can still change things, add things etc...  People who are excited about this are just getting themselves worked up for another let down.  Most albums dont take 14 years, and you are all expecting them to mix this album faster than normal bands?  I am guessing we are about a year away from this album actually being released.

No news would have been better because if they were about to turn this into the label I bet they would have waited till it was turned over and then make an announcement.  I am guessing we will get a rather long dry period about this album and then the band will go on tour.

I aggree with everything here.  This "announcement" leaves a bad taste in my mouth.  I wasn't really sure why, untill just now.

There's something really bad about this...not in the announcement itself, but by who is credited with making it.  Del James?  Why would they have him make this "announcement"?  It was short and simple so why could'nt Axl have made this announcement himself?  The only answer I can come up with is this.  They didn't want Axl to make this statement because then he can't be the one blamed much later when there is still no sign of the album's release or when we once again hear that there's more recording to be done.  It just seems weird to me that Axl himself would'nt make this statement.

well  he`s obviously too busy mixing hihi

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #118 on: February 22, 2007, 10:35:36 AM »

It was an ok update...

But touring again without a fucking album is ridiculous.

Fuck All Y'all
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #119 on: February 22, 2007, 10:36:27 AM »

No news would have been better because if they were about to turn this into the label I bet they would have waited till it was turned over and then make an announcement. ?I am guessing we will get a rather long dry period about this album and then the band will go on tour.

I aggree with everything here. ?This "announcement" leaves a bad taste in my mouth. ?I wasn't really sure why, untill just now.

There's something really bad about this...not in the announcement itself, but by who is credited with making it. ?Del James? ?Why would they have him make this "announcement"? ?It was short and simple so why could'nt Axl have made this announcement himself? ?The only answer I can come up with is this. ?They didn't want Axl to make this statement because then he can't be the one blamed much later when there is still no sign of the album's release or when we once again hear that there's more recording to be done. ?It just seems weird to me that Axl himself would'nt make this statement.

Well, Axl is not the webmaster.. so its not his Job.
I dont see how people can be so negative about this news. I think its great! Mixing, and mastering, handing it over.. And im sure alot of the promotion is ready to go, when the album is handed over.. I think May could be a good shoot! Its one of the best months to release albums! Im sure that when they announce the tour for the summer, we will see a gap when it will be released... well, not sure, but i do belive!
Nice to have a update! But people still seems to complain.. thats sad!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: