Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 10:28:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses Story on the Cover of Brazilian biggest Paper
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses Story on the Cover of Brazilian biggest Paper  (Read 2296 times)
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« on: February 23, 2007, 10:17:25 AM »

Hi Gunners

? A Guns N' Roses story is on the cover of O'Globo. I apologise I am at work and don't have time to translate. Maybe some other Portugese speaking boardmembers can help us out ok

? In general it is nothing really new for us members. Note they do say that going to Africa, Japan, Australia MIGHT lead them to South America afterwards no word on dates. They even have quotes from Del's posting so it is really new.?

But hey it's good they are getting Major coverage.

http://oglobo.globo.com/cultura/mat/2007/02/22/294671143.asp
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 10:22:24 AM by chriskon72 » Logged

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
maynard
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 10:38:01 AM »

if you think any press is good press, the article is good.

if you think an article that the headline says "new guns n' roses album is not so good" is terrible, so we agree.

the article is just a bunch of old and wrong news, will make the casual listeners hate Axl even more.
chriskon72
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2007, 10:58:16 AM »

It's not all wrong. They did a follow up on what has gone on, the headline is misleading but when you read the article I find they don't bash Axl they mention the coming and going of members, rerecording etc.

At the end they raise the question if any album that has taken 10+years to make and cost 13 million can live up to the expectations of everyone.

That is a very good point I bet you every write up from every critic will mention in some way "It took 12-14 years for This and all that money spent?" It will be very hard for people to disregard the money and time invested in this project no matter how good the album is.

I know I'll love it. I don't think "music fans" listen to what critics say anyway, whoever likes guns will say cool, it's coming out cool, but they will check it out regardless of what is written.

07.04.10 Figali, Panama
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2007, 11:38:46 AM »

Thankx for the news !

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2007, 11:39:18 AM »

"O Globo" is not the biggest paper here and the article is crap. It was obviously written with Google + biased opinion about Axl and his image, not really caring about the music. Also, makes it clear that he don't know but don't like it - the album review is already done for him. Good research, huh?

This doesn't worth a translate, I'm sorry. Cheap journalism with free GN'R bashing is not my kind of reading.

chriskon72
Rocker

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2007, 12:06:32 PM »

Cheap Journalism and Guns Bashing is what goes on most on these very boards  hihi 

along with a lot of insight from top Record producers, Executives and at this moment the are more record mixers at HTGTH than there are in NY and Hollywood this is the profession of choice among the members this week.

You have to agree that many of the bands actions in the past will be looked upon in a negative way. Like I said before, I think whoever is interested in Rock music not just GNR will want to check out this album. If it is as good as I think it can be lots will buy it, if not then not. It doesn't matter what this journalist wrote. Maybe they didn't know before that the release is just around the corner but now they know that it will be out soon so they can keep their eyes open for it. Just for that, I don't think these kinds of articles do as much harm as many feel.

07.04.10 Figali, Panama
luciano
Banned
Rocker

Axl-Izzy-Slash-Duff-Steven!

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2007, 03:16:40 PM »

I am from Brazil. Here is a "resumed translation":

New Guns n' Roses CD with unheard songs is not that good

Axl Rose is not that much of a recluse. He fought with Tommy Hilfiger, spent most of 2006 on tour (with Sebastian Bach opening) and his 45th birthday was remembered by the press. But a new disc? Nothing yet. What the hair band muse is doing since 1991? There are many lies and truths in the history of the lead singer of "ex-Guns n' Roses" - the name remains, but the band... what a difference! Anyway, Chinese Democracy is said to be released on March 6.

Lot of stories come with the Chinese Democracy release. One of them is that Axl has pushed the musicians to re-record the top-selling GNR album "Appetite for destruction", released 20 years ago, in a modern way, so they could get into the GN'R groove. The new record would only come after that.

The thing is that the classic GNR line-up was undone in 1994 and since then many musicians have been in and out of the band. And Axl always demanded that all parts recorded by musicians that had departed the band needed to be erased and the new musicians had to re-record it. There has been only one official release: "Oh my god", for the Arnold Schwarzenegger movie "End of Days". But the band has performed many new songs in live shows - like "The Blues", "Madagascar" and "Silkworms" - and they may be released on Chinese Democracy.

It would make some sense for GNR to take a break after releasing two double albums ("Use Your Illusion I & II") but 15 years is a little too much. Del James, a journalist that is close to the band, says that the recording sessions for Chinese Democracy are done and the CD is being mixed. But he also says there is no date for the CD to be released.

There are a few things that are certain. In this long hiatus, Axl has eaten (and drunk?) a lot and did not burn the extra calories with exercises. He went from a "hot-stud-in-lycra-shorts-and-no-shirt" to an "old-red-bearded-mariner-like-guy", but with dreadlocks on his hair. The band's performance at the Rock in Rio in Lisbon had to be cancelled because another musician decided to leave the band (the big-time weirdo guitar player name Buckethead, that was replaced by a regular guy, named Bumblefoot).

Axl has been so lost that he considered hiring Moby to produce his record. Someone that likes vegetals so much like Moby hardly could produce someone like Axl, that seems to enjoy fights, alcohol and confusion. Luckily - for Moby - the partnership didn't took off. About the new musicians, Axl rehearsed with Ozzy Osbourne's guitarrist Zakk Wylde and Jane's Addiction's Dave Navarro, but those partnerships also didn't work out well. Wylde has spoken on the press about Axl with irony, saying that he has recorded and released 10 albums while Axl is lapidating "Chinese Democracy".

By the way, Axl ex-band mates are doing good. Hairy Slash (guitar) is releasing records and doing shows with Duff (bass) e Matt Sorum (drums) on Velvet Revolver, that also features ex-Stone Temple Pilots singer Scott Weiland and guitarrist David Kushner. And they don't seem to be missing Axl at all.

Guitar player Izzy Stradlin, a childhood friend of Axl from Lafayette, Indiana, and founder of GNR in the 80's, has been showing up to play on GNR shows. Steven Adler, the drummer that recorded "Appetite", has been touring small clubs in the USA and Europe playing GNR songs.

Legend says that the new CD will be released and the band will be back on the road. There are dates in Asia and Africa for abril and may. And the singer may return to Brazil - that he says to be one of his favourite places. He hasn't screamed "You know where the fuck you are?" here for six years now.

Even if "Chinese Democracy" gets to be released on march 6 2007 and even if it is a rock master-piece, it will be a disappointment. After all, how good has to be a record that takes almost two decades and 13 million dollars to be ready?

There are many mistakes in this article. But the last question will be forever asked.

PS: And like someone said, O Globo is NOT the main paper in Brazil. It may be the 3rd most important.

Luciano
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 03:21:10 PM by luciano » Logged
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2007, 03:30:57 PM »

The article is terrible. rant

I hate things like this fuck this assroll from O globo !

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2007, 03:40:58 PM »

first, "Rede Globo" sucks hard. If mtv says "Axl Rose is a God" they will say it too. If they say "Axl sucks" they will say it too. Same goes for this newspaper. "O globo" sucks, "Rede globo" sucks, "radio globo" sucks. They like U2 cause U2 is popular. When the album actually come out and get nice reviews they'll also say that. They don't worth mentioning here. They're hated here in Brazil... their orkut hate community has around 55.000 people. They're the biggest here, but still the most hated by a part of population...

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
Ganja4Life
Banned
VIP

Peace,Love,Guns N' Roses

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2007, 07:18:58 PM »

They're the biggest here, but still the most hated by a part of population...

I can understand why rant

Hi,my name's Dakota
I like Guns N' Roses
They're my favorite band
BBF Rocks
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2007, 07:20:38 PM »

i really admire south america for their sincere dedication to guns n' roses! beer
newgnr
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2007, 07:21:29 PM »

axl looks like a sped in that pic
Tommie
Imma Gunna
Rocker

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2007, 11:13:25 PM »

Come on guys we should all be used to this type of B.S. by now. ok

When life gave Jack Bauer lemons, he used them to kill terrorists...Jack Bauer hates lemonade.
www.gnrevolution.com
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2007, 05:32:38 AM »

chinese democracy will be a big demanty for all fuckers

I have never seen so many tree
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: