Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:35:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  New Steven Adler Interiview [Mentions Meeting Axl Again]
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Steven Adler Interiview [Mentions Meeting Axl Again]  (Read 67768 times)
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #200 on: February 17, 2007, 11:48:18 PM »

Adler isn't the most credible source ever. And it's possible the current members were just being nice and respectful and Steven took their words a little farther than they were meant to go. But it's possible they said it I guess.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
EFISH
« Reply #201 on: February 17, 2007, 11:55:59 PM »

I don't believe that part one bit. I'm sure much more of what Adler said happened was stretching the truth, to say the least.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #202 on: February 18, 2007, 01:19:29 AM »

well some people like Communist China, think that they were just being nice and respectfull to him witch is cool some others say that its bull shit like Efish Wink and that it won't happen.

then there are people like me (and i guess a small fraction of Communist China and Efish(and every one for that matter i think)) that say it will inevitably happen again one day in the future. but some think it some say it and some just think about thinking about it ,in my opinion.

and i as a believer that it will happen again someday i have to also say that Adler really isn't the most reliable, i hate to say it but to many drugs over the years Lips Sealed

but i'll always say Heres to a G'n'R reunion eventually beer smoking

headbanger

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Amanda.
Rocker

Damn, I'm a legend.

« Reply #203 on: February 18, 2007, 03:25:07 AM »

think what would happen if gn'r would do a reunion  Shocked back to the late 80's and early 90's!  beer Just a tour with the old lineup would be great! but reunion...  peace World conquered by gn'r once again!  ok beer

Guns N?Roses @ Hartwall Arena 6.7.06

I'M SO NEXT CENTURY.
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #204 on: February 18, 2007, 07:42:17 AM »

This obsession with a reunion is weird.

Why is it so important?

It's pretty much guaranteed that you can't recreate the past and by reuniting a band, you won't have the same effect the band had decades ago.

Most of them are better musicians now than they were back then, they're grown up, maybe have different views on life etc etc.

None of them would be the angry drunken 20-25 year olds anymore.

It just wouldn't be the same, no matter how much you want it to be.

/jarmo

Of course it wouldn't be the same but it would still be awesome... There are so many fans that never got to see them before and it would be the biggest tour in decades..

bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #205 on: February 18, 2007, 08:30:35 AM »

Oh, hell yeah ! I definitely want to see this reunion !

Sorry kids, but Adler OWNS Brain & Ferrar.     yes

/bringbackadler

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #206 on: February 18, 2007, 08:42:33 AM »

I just don't see how it makes any sense.  The current members get paid to be in GNR, why would they be like get the band back together again.  Then they would be out of a job, not that they couldnt find another one, but GNR is something completely different.  I think Adler is stretching out what he might have heard.

guns_n_motley
« Reply #207 on: February 18, 2007, 08:45:57 AM »

this meeting between Adler/Axl DID happen.

and if A reunion happened. They could do it with both adler/sorum

have the first half Illusions stuff with sorum, and then the 2nd half all of appetie with adler ok

NOwhere in here did adler say a reunion would happen. he just mentioned it to axl that it would be huge. and its true.

if the Original GNR did reunite, it would be BIGGER than the police. no more of this playing to 3000-5000 in arenas
Edrose
Headliner

black sheep are the new dolphins...

« Reply #208 on: February 18, 2007, 09:03:50 AM »

If Adler is ready to re-claim his throne, Brain and Frank should step aside.

no, Brain and Frank are both better drummers, there is no reason for them step aside.? ? ?get off this reunion crap.

being technically better doesnt give you more of a claim to be in a band

steven helped write the best selling debut album ever and you can never change that

as much as i love the current band, if the appetite/live @*!? like a suicide line-up wanted to reform the only people who are going to complain are the handful of dedicated people on sites like this

its up to the guys themselves to decide what theyre going to do and i doubt our oppinions are going to count for much
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #209 on: February 18, 2007, 11:57:46 AM »

Why are people fascinated?

Cause GNR were the biggest band Ever to most of us and would give anything to see where this band could've went after the Illusions.

U listen to Estranged,NR, Coma, YCBM etc etc, Those songs are about as close to perfect as u can get. So to see how much further they could've evolved is insane.

I like the new band alot but Just imagining what Slash and the old members could do on songs like Madagascar, TWAT, The Blues, It is untelling just how much greater those songs could be.

U take Estranged and NR, Great songs on their own but Slash took them from good songs to all time legendary status.

Guitar work on the CD songs are good, but nothing i consider legendary.

The new band, I give them props but they just dont have the stage presence or chemistry of the original band.

I can watch those damn TOkyo DVDs and my Chicago 92 boot and my Ritz Boot over and over and over and over.

The new band, I cant make it through one concert.  dont ask me why but I cant.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Jaci_Roxx
« Reply #210 on: February 19, 2007, 08:37:41 AM »

Why in the world would the current members be telling Axl to get the band back together again??

Out of courtesy.

Oh and by the way, read how Adler describes Axl's reaction to all this: he 'grinned' and 'giggled'.  rofl That could only mean that Axl is trying to be polite to poor Adler but finds the thought totally absurd.  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 08:40:19 AM by Jaci_Roxx » Logged
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #211 on: February 19, 2007, 08:44:36 AM »

Why in the world would the current members be telling Axl to get the band back together again?  Or is Adler just talking shit?

Adler wouldn't lie, it's not as if he's on drugs.......I'm sure he wouldn't have imagined it either  hihi
bringbackadler
Banned
VIP

« Reply #212 on: February 19, 2007, 08:55:30 AM »

Why in the world would the current members be telling Axl to get the band back together again??

Out of courtesy.

Oh and by the way, read how Adler describes Axl's reaction to all this: he 'grinned' and 'giggled'.? rofl That could only mean that Axl is trying to be polite to poor Adler but finds the thought totally absurd.? Roll Eyes

Maybe he grinned an giggled cos he's been thinking the same thing ?

/bringbackadler

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #213 on: February 19, 2007, 09:11:33 AM »

I can watch those damn TOkyo DVDs and my Chicago 92 boot and my Ritz Boot over and over and over and over.

The new band, I cant make it through one concert.? dont ask me why but I cant.

Amen to that... I couldn't even sit through the whole show I went to in 2002...

Jaci_Roxx
« Reply #214 on: February 19, 2007, 11:21:34 AM »

Out of courtesy.

Oh and by the way, read how Adler describes Axl's reaction to all this: he 'grinned' and 'giggled'.? rofl That could only mean that Axl is trying to be polite to poor Adler but finds the thought totally absurd.? Roll Eyes

/bringbackadler

I seriously doubt that Axl would ever take Adler back anyway. He knows Adler's not in the shape for touring. (And that's just one of the many reasons.)
bringbackadler
Banned
VIP

« Reply #215 on: February 19, 2007, 11:28:08 AM »

Out of courtesy.

/bringbackadler

I seriously doubt that Axl would ever take Adler back anyway. He knows Adler's not in the shape for touring. (And that's just one of the many reasons.)

He's not ?!?

I think Adler is more than capable of laying down some sweet ass drum tracks and touring .

Where do you guys keep getting that he isn't ??

/bringbackadler

acompleteunknown
Rocker

I got a message for you...

« Reply #216 on: February 19, 2007, 02:01:01 PM »

I know this is just Steven Adler talking big.  But if you google Guns N Roses right now and look up recent news articles...there are about a dozen articles all posted today about Adler and Rose resolving their grievances and talking about a reunion.

I know this is a long shot (probably will only happen at the RNR hall of fame induction)...but thought I'd pass along the update.

Here's just a couple, all say the same stuff...

http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2007/02/18/classic_guns_n_roses_member_reunion_rumo
http://www.nme.com/news/guns-n-roses/26513

What are the Eleven Best songs by....

http://goodbadunknown.blogspot.com/
masterdan
Banned
Rocker

No one can live in sorrow- -ask all your friends..

« Reply #217 on: February 19, 2007, 02:02:26 PM »

Saw this on Blabbermouth.  Adler has big dreams... lol.  I'd actually feel better if the old GNR didn't reunite right now, because then we'd never get a new album!

Guns N' Roses @ the Bradley Center: 11/29 (CANCELLED)
acompleteunknown
Rocker

I got a message for you...

« Reply #218 on: February 19, 2007, 02:03:31 PM »

I wonder what has better odds?  A new album or a reunion?

What are the Eleven Best songs by....

http://goodbadunknown.blogspot.com/
floppyfish27
Banned
Rocker

back on top of the world

« Reply #219 on: February 19, 2007, 02:04:11 PM »

Not sure how many times we have to hear about this crap....

topic should be deleted or added to the 100 other gnr reunion threads in here...

ridiculous...

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: