Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:07:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  New Steven Adler Interiview [Mentions Meeting Axl Again]
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Steven Adler Interiview [Mentions Meeting Axl Again]  (Read 67666 times)
DaBrookman
« Reply #140 on: February 15, 2007, 01:05:21 PM »

Hey guys this is Brook, I had the conversation with Steven that you are talking about. I just want to say, I know Steven, very well, and I can say with all honesty he is one of the greatest guys who doesn't wish anything bad on anybody. Yes, he is a tortured soul, but there are many people who won't give up on him and will never stop supporting him. Some of these people are among your heroes! But I gotta say:
There are some evil, terrible, mean people on this board! It dosen't benefit ANYBODY being so malicious. I imagine that some of you are so outrageous because you may think you're saying what Jarmo, or even Axl, wants to read. Either way, it's just bad! YES, the guys in Axl's band were probably being nice to Steven with those comments. Of course, I doubt they want to be out of the band anytime soon. I think it was great that Axl was cordial with him! It's you guys that are taking it to the next level and blowing it out of proportion. Remember, this band that you all love and their most popular album, was built from the ground up with much help from Steven. I'm talking about the AFD lineup, y'know, the one that changed the world? It's a matter of opinion, but mine is, he's the GNR drummer that matters and will be remembered.
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #141 on: February 15, 2007, 01:23:02 PM »

Hey guys this is Brook, I had the conversation with Steven that you are talking about. I just want to say, I know Steven, very well, and I can say with all honesty he is one of the greatest guys who doesn't wish anything bad on anybody. Yes, he is a tortured soul, but there are many people who won't give up on him and will never stop supporting him. Some of these people are among your heroes! But I gotta say:
There are some evil, terrible, mean people on this board! It dosen't benefit ANYBODY being so malicious. I imagine that some of you are so outrageous because you may think you're saying what Jarmo, or even Axl, wants to read. Either way, it's just bad! YES, the guys in Axl's band were probably being nice to Steven with those comments. Of course, I doubt they want to be out of the band anytime soon. I think it was great that Axl was cordial with him! It's you guys that are taking it to the next level and blowing it out of proportion. Remember, this band that you all love and their most popular album, was built from the ground up with much help from Steven. I'm talking about the AFD lineup, y'know, the one that changed the world? It's a matter of opinion, but mine is, he's the GNR drummer that matters and will be remembered.

I agree, its the only lineup that matters in history quite frankly. I hope the nightmare ends and one day we can enjoy what we once had. Peace  peace
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #142 on: February 15, 2007, 02:24:52 PM »

Adler:

"Axl ruins it not for himself and for the rest of us (Slash, Izzy, Duff, Steven) but he ruins it for the fans. We all know he is great but he has his moments, well lots of moments... he's a jackass basically, a fucking weirdo, and he can kiss my ass" says Alder.

About "Chinese Democracy": "If he puts it out he thinks he'll sell 20 million copies. Well, maybe he's lucky if he goes gold. There's no hits on it, it's crap."

Steven Adler does not rule out a reunion with all original GUNS N' ROSES band members but sets one precondition: "I have to punch [Axl Rose] in the face. I have to get one good shot at him first. The fucker has wasted so much of my time, so much of people's times."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=37647

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
DaBrookman
« Reply #143 on: February 15, 2007, 03:13:00 PM »

Adler:

"Axl ruins it not for himself and for the rest of us (Slash, Izzy, Duff, Steven) but he ruins it for the fans. We all know he is great but he has his moments, well lots of moments... he's a jackass basically, a fucking weirdo, and he can kiss my ass" says Alder.

About "Chinese Democracy": "If he puts it out he thinks he'll sell 20 million copies. Well, maybe he's lucky if he goes gold. There's no hits on it, it's crap."

Steven Adler does not rule out a reunion with all original GUNS N' ROSES band members but sets one precondition: "I have to punch [Axl Rose] in the face. I have to get one good shot at him first. The fucker has wasted so much of my time, so much of people's times."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=37647

Whatever, Woody. Steven had every right to say those things. Maybe you and I are both guilty of projecting ideals to Axl and Steven respectively. Neither of them are 100% noble. But they were a tight knit group of friends, and there was hurt feelings and shit talking. Only time will resolve these issues and harsh feelings. If Axl came out and said (this is just hypothetical, don't get in an uproar), "I made a mistake. There is only one Guns N' Roses, the AFD lineup", I think there would be a vast change of opinion among HTGTHers.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #144 on: February 15, 2007, 04:25:39 PM »

If Axl came out and said (this is just hypothetical, don't get in an uproar), "I made a mistake. There is only one Guns N' Roses, the AFD lineup", I think there would be a vast change of opinion among HTGTHers.

Probably, but not me. I would feel like an idiot, for spending years supporting a band that never came to fruitition.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
guns_n_motley
« Reply #145 on: February 15, 2007, 05:01:00 PM »

There WILL be a GNR reunion of the appetite lineup. just wait until they are inducted into the RNR HOF ok hihi
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #146 on: February 15, 2007, 05:32:03 PM »

If Axl came out and said (this is just hypothetical, don't get in an uproar), "I made a mistake. There is only one Guns N' Roses, the AFD lineup", I think there would be a vast change of opinion among HTGTHers.

Probably, but not me. I would feel like an idiot, for spending years supporting a band that never came to fruitition.

the name Guns'n'Roses smells of bad ass Heavy Metal that was cool in the 1987 and is still just as if not more bad ass now in 2007. I openly welcome both the new and the old. i COULDN'T care less just as long as there is a G'n'R and CHINESE DEMOCRACY (eventually) i'm (i'll) be happy yes

when i came here for the first time i thought that everybody wanted the same thing
CHINESE DEMOCRACY
and an eventual reunion of the old G'n'R

i guess i'm sadly wrong and happily right cause its really a mixed sided issue, new or old, reunion or not a reunion. I think that Axl is the only one that can make the decission and so far i('d like to) think that he's made the right ones so far. Only time and good intentions from every one will tell if there will be a full scale reunion.

I, personally, think that there will be one day, its inevitable. It WILL happen...........one day.

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #147 on: February 15, 2007, 06:16:05 PM »

the name Guns'n'Roses smells of bad ass Heavy Metal that was cool in the 1987 and is still just as if not more bad ass now in 2007. I openly welcome both the new and the old. i COULDN'T care less just as long as there is a G'n'R and CHINESE DEMOCRACY (eventually) i'm (i'll) be happy yes

when i came here for the first time i thought that everybody wanted the same thing
CHINESE DEMOCRACY

i guess i'm sadly wrong and happily right cause its really a mixed sided issue, new or old, reunion or not a reunion. I think that Axl is the only one that can make the decission and so far i('d like to) think that he's made the right ones so far. Only time and good intentions from every one will tell if there will be a full scale reunion.

I, personally, think that there will be one day, its inevitable. It WILL happen...........one day.

peace

I'm w/ this guy.

I want Chinese Democracy, and then I want the reunion sometime in the future.

If all goes well, I think both will happen. I also think both will kick ass !

/bringbackadler

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
Johnny Rattlesnake
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #148 on: February 15, 2007, 09:38:57 PM »

What if Axl renames the album: Chinese Adler?

GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #149 on: February 15, 2007, 10:27:20 PM »

CHINESE DEMOCRACY

peace

I'm w/ this guy.

I want Chinese Democracy, and then I want the reunion sometime in the future.

If all goes well, I think both will happen. I also think both will kick ass !

/bringbackadler

finally some one that agrees with me. beer

great minds think alike man Wink

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #150 on: February 16, 2007, 12:58:34 PM »

not great that the media will be concentrating on this rather than the current line-up, but its the NME - what can you expect....

http://www.nme.com/news/guns-n-roses/26513

Guns N' Roses drummer hints at reunion
Steven Adler says original line-up 'have to get back together'

Guns N Roses' former drummer Steven Adler has hinted that the original line-up may reform.

The sticksman, who left the band in 1990, revealed in an interview on his official MySpace page that he has been in contact with Axl Rose over a reunion.

Adler said: "I saw Axl, talked with him from, shit, what was it? 10 or 12 at night to 8 in the morning, we talked. We resolved a lot of fucking shit! I said, 'You know the five of us have to get back together! That's when it will really fucking take off again! Nothing will be bigger. It would be the biggest reunion ever in history'.

"He just grinned and giggled a little bit. Everybody in his band came up to me and said, 'You're the greatest fucking drummer!. We tell Axl, 'You gotta get the band back together'!" That's what they said to HIM!"

The drummer also revealed that he has also been in contact with ex bandmate and Velvet Revolver guitarist Slash and ex-rhythm guitarist Izzy Stradlin, who has already made a number of guest appearances on Guns N Roses' recent tour.

He added: "I've been talking with Slash. I've been talking with Izzy. He wants a reunion."

Rose, who is currently fronting Guns N' Roses, is due to release the band's long-awaited new album 'Chinese Democracy' on March 6.

gokken
Rocker

www.gnrsweden.com

« Reply #151 on: February 16, 2007, 01:01:04 PM »

OMG!!

Edit: In a NO good way!
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #152 on: February 16, 2007, 01:02:35 PM »

Unfortunately, as much as I'd love this to be true, I reckon Steven was probably talking to a green pixie floating around his room rather than Axl or any of his band. He just seems a little too far gone for any of this to ring true.

I think the guy lives in a dream world when it comes to a reunion. Mind you, so do I....

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
warrocks
VIP

Dance Of Fate....we're not afraid...

« Reply #153 on: February 16, 2007, 01:03:15 PM »

lol at this point this brought me a big laugh.. hihi

..... Till Death Do us Apart.....GNR forever!
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #154 on: February 16, 2007, 01:03:41 PM »

why the long gap in the first post? i thought it would be some /joke thingie hihi
Tommie
Imma Gunna
Rocker

« Reply #155 on: February 16, 2007, 01:08:53 PM »

I think Adler is doing some mental mastrubation.  Everyone I know says that hypothetically if they were to reform, Matt would be the drummer.  IMO he is much more talented than Adler.

When life gave Jack Bauer lemons, he used them to kill terrorists...Jack Bauer hates lemonade.
www.gnrevolution.com
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #156 on: February 16, 2007, 01:36:20 PM »

A new interview with original drummer Steven Adler has sparked signs of a reunion involving some of the original members of Guns N' Roses this week.

Adler was the band's founding drummer and played with Axl Rose until leaving the band's in 1990 over drug dependency issues. Since 1997, Rose has led the band solo, working on the now-mythical "Chinese Democracy", which has racked up over $10m in studio fees alone [read: Guns N' Roses album pushed to 2007].

"I saw Axl, talked with him from, shit, what was it? 10 or 12 at night to 8 in the morning, we talked. We resolved a lot of fucking shit!," says Adler.

"It was wonderful!," he adds when asked how he found talking to his old bandleader. "Just wonderful. I was the same happy-go-lucky person that I've always been to him, and he enjoyed it. Dude, we talked 'till 8 in the morning!"

"I said, "You know the five of us have to get back together! That's when it will really fucking take off again! Nothing will be bigger. It would be the biggest reunion ever in history."

"You know how he is. He just grinned and giggled a little bit. Everybody in his band came up to me, "You're the greatest fucking drummer! We tell Axl, 'You gotta get the band back together!'" That's what they said to HIM! It was wonderful!"

A penny for you thoughts 

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
brock
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #157 on: February 16, 2007, 01:37:39 PM »

This drug addled fuck will NEVER play behind Axl again in his life
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #158 on: February 16, 2007, 01:40:16 PM »

This drug addled fuck will NEVER play behind Axl again in his life

mh...  i wouldn`t bet too much on that ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #159 on: February 16, 2007, 01:41:49 PM »

a same story of the different title.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: