Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 05:36:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Slash FINALLY speaks about a reunion!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash FINALLY speaks about a reunion!!!!!!!  (Read 34923 times)
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2007, 01:53:24 PM »

Selfish pricks.? Tongue
How about supporting the band we have instead?
/jarmo

Why not?
Because GNR is 1.000.000.000 times better than Axl's band!
Luciano

You got that right.....

tomass74
Legend

« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2007, 01:55:34 PM »

Well Mr Brownstone7

u are absolutely right because right now G'N'R is just Axl Rose and some dumb fuckin tribute band, thats Not G'N'R!

hahahahah   ok

Stonerose
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2007, 10:05:22 PM »

Meh , Pink Floyd got back , Rage is back , Van Halen is back , GNR is feasible in the future.? I would hate to see a 5 washed up rockers who just need some cash , if reunion does happen I want to see them actually liking it. I mean I dont know about all of you but to see Slash and Axl on the same stage would be INSANE. Funny steven wants it really bad , but even IF it happens Matt would be apart of it , Adler can NOT handle stuff like YCBM or alot of the UYI stuff...

I think steven could easily handle the illusion stuff, matts drumming fukin sux on the illusions, very simple, very boring, like a machine or somethin. I hope for a reunion one day, with the original members.
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #63 on: February 24, 2007, 06:57:57 PM »

I think you guys can quit worrying about ' Popcorn '.

I think he's more than capable of hanging for a reunion.

I want this reunion to happen bad. I'm ready to re-live the real Guns N  Roses !

/bringbackadler

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #64 on: February 24, 2007, 07:30:15 PM »

#1 - Axl has a new band that he calls GNR and this band plays GNR songs. In my book, GNR hasn't performed since 1993 (the Izzy gigs).

well guess what pal, your book doesn't fucking matter!   are you that nieve to believe that your opinion on what GNR is, is actual fact?   You don't make that call.   You don't define what Guns N' Roses is, and trying to act like you do is just immature and makes you appear bitter.

fuck a reunion.    you people should show some respect for the band, if you are going to come post on a GNR fan site.
bringbackadler
Banned
VIP

« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2007, 08:00:14 PM »

#1 - Axl has a new band that he calls GNR and this band plays GNR songs. In my book, GNR hasn't performed since 1993 (the Izzy gigs).

well guess what pal, your book doesn't fucking matter!? ?are you that nieve to believe that your opinion on what GNR is, is actual fact?? ?You don't make that call.? ?You don't define what Guns N' Roses is, and trying to act like you do is just immature and makes you appear bitter.

fuck a reunion.? ? you people should show some respect for the band, if you are going to come post on a GNR fan site.

Gee... if you don't want to hear about a reunion, have you ever considered not posting in a reunion thread ?!?

The band people are speaking about in this thread ARE GUNS N ROSES !!

Why don't you go post in that "new era" section where "the current band" can't even verify who is in the current lineup !

/bringbackadler

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
luciano
Banned
Rocker

Axl-Izzy-Slash-Duff-Steven!

« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2007, 12:51:51 AM »

well guess what pal, your book doesn't fucking matter! are you that nieve to believe that your opinion on what GNR is, is actual fact? You don't make that call. You don't define what Guns N' Roses is, and trying to act like you do is just immature and makes you appear bitter.
fuck a reunion. you people should show some respect for the band, if you are going to come post on a GNR fan site.

Well guess what!

#1) I am not your pal!   Smiley

#2) My book matters... to me!   Cheesy

#3) No, I am not that naive, my opinion is just my opinion. But you seem to have a problem tolerating other people's opinions, don't you?   Grin

#4) Saying clever stuff live "guess what pal, your book doesn't fucking matter!" and "fuck a reunion" and defining me (and who knows who else) as "you people" make you sound really mature and not bitter at all!   hihi  But, I have to tell you, it makes you look like someone that has a problem tolerating other people's opinions! Oops! I told you that already!  rofl

#5) I post here because this is a great site that has lots of info about Guns n' Roses and everything GN'R related, including fresh news, music to download, a reliable history section, and much more, including lots of info on Axl's band! Here I can share my opinion with GNR fans from all over the world and that is just fantastic. I don't agree with lots of stuff that people say here, but I try to respect other people's opinion! And about Axl's band, please don't expect me to say amen to Axl just because he is the best singer/frontman ever. I still like a lot of the things he does (nobody does better vocal melodies in my book) but I don't like his new band at all. Well, maybe I shouldn't say that because you can think it is disrespectful, right?  rofl

#6) bringbackadler has a nice suggestion for you: "if you don't want to hear about a reunion, have you ever considered not posting in a reunion thread?!?" Did you take note of it? Hope you did, so I don't have to talk to you again!  drool

Luciano
bringbackadler
Banned
VIP

« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2007, 08:37:53 AM »

stuck in the past, stuck in the past, stuck blablabla
do you have anything else to say?

How about "Get over it"??

dude
a lot of people including me, want a reunion why dont you respect that

Selfish pricks.? Tongue

How about supporting the band we have instead?

/jarmo

Well, didn't the "band we have instead" also tell Axl that that he should get the original guys back together, according to Adler.

I think it's safe to say that the majority of us are looking forward to the reunion. ? yes

/bringbackadler

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #68 on: February 25, 2007, 09:38:34 AM »

Well, didn't the "band we have instead" also tell Axl that that he should get the original guys back together, according to Adler.

I think it's safe to say that the majority of us are looking forward to the reunion. ? yes

dude seriously, don't belive everything your idol says, and even if that was the case adler probably got it all wrong like for them (present members) it was cool if slash, duff or anybody else could come and play a few songs like izzy is doing when he wants to, or doing like ONE show, i'm pretty confident that noone in the band would want to leave the band and CD so that old members could take their places
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #69 on: February 25, 2007, 11:57:11 AM »

VR is Guns N Roses without Axl....so you are saying GNR's old material sucks?? because VR's album is VERY VERY similiar to some old GNR illusion and Appetite stuff

VR sounds nothing like AFD nor UYI's.
VR sounds like crap. There.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #70 on: February 26, 2007, 11:13:24 AM »

Your loss.

You're so hung up on the name issue that you're missing out. But whatever.

#2 - I never said that I want a reunion to happen against the will/desire of Axl, Izzy, Slash, Duff and Steven. It wouldn't make any sense. My dream is that someday all the five of them get to feel like playing together again for the best reason: creating and playing great music again.

Good luck with that.

I'm happy with what we got and support it.

This band is far better than people like you want to admit. Because you're stuck up on the name and can't get over the past.

Some of you are blaming Axl for everything that happened with the band, when in fact for the last ten years we've pretty much only heard Slash's side of the story.

#3 - I never said I want to recreate the past. As you said yourself, that is impossible. It will never be 1987 again - thanks God for that! But I am sure that Axl, Izzy, Slash, Duff and Steven can get together in 2007 (or anytime they want) and CREATE music again. These five guys are rock n' roll geniuses, and it doesn't get any better than these five guys together making music. NEW music. GREAT music. I think anybody that wants a reunion feel the same way! Nobody wants to recreate the past! It is the other way around!

By great music I assume you mean AFD style of music?

None of those guys were interested in being in GN'R. So why should they want to go back now?

Steven was fired, Duff, Izzy and Slash all quit. I guess they didn't want to be in the band anymore so they walked out.

You think they'd walk back and say "sorry, it was wrong of me to quit"?

Slash himself has said the name has been tarnished.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
bringbackadler
Banned
VIP

« Reply #71 on: February 26, 2007, 04:31:26 PM »

Your loss.

You're so hung up on the name issue that you're missing out. But whatever.

#2 - I never said that I want a reunion to happen against the will/desire of Axl, Izzy, Slash, Duff and Steven. It wouldn't make any sense. My dream is that someday all the five of them get to feel like playing together again for the best reason: creating and playing great music again.

Good luck with that.

I'm happy with what we got and support it.

This band is far better than people like you want to admit. Because you're stuck up on the name and can't get over the past.

Some of you are blaming Axl for everything that happened with the band, when in fact for the last ten years we've pretty much only heard Slash's side of the story.

#3 - I never said I want to recreate the past. As you said yourself, that is impossible. It will never be 1987 again - thanks God for that! But I am sure that Axl, Izzy, Slash, Duff and Steven can get together in 2007 (or anytime they want) and CREATE music again. These five guys are rock n' roll geniuses, and it doesn't get any better than these five guys together making music. NEW music. GREAT music. I think anybody that wants a reunion feel the same way! Nobody wants to recreate the past! It is the other way around!

By great music I assume you mean AFD style of music?

None of those guys were interested in being in GN'R. So why should they want to go back now?

Steven was fired, Duff, Izzy and Slash all quit. I guess they didn't want to be in the band anymore so they walked out.

You think they'd walk back and say "sorry, it was wrong of me to quit"?

Slash himself has said the name has been tarnished.

/jarmo

I thought Slash, Duff, and Izzy quit because they were sick and fucking tired of Axl's tyrannical ways !    ok

I think it'll eventually be Axl who will try and get the "real guns" back together.

Chinese Democracy will be a huge album (one I personally look forward to more than you know) but it will not receive the same status that AFD and the Illusions reached (hope I'm wrong).

Look at the polls you have set up on this site where you ask for the favorite guitar player and drummer, etc. Who are the names you see over and over ?
It's not Finck and Ferrar... and rightfully so. They don't even come close to touching the real guys.

You can keep believing that this current band is just as good or better but that simply is not the case.  Most people can easily see this.   no

For now, the "New GNR" cover band will have to do, but personally, I cannot wait for the reunion w/ the "real Guns"!    peace

/bringbackadler

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #72 on: February 26, 2007, 04:36:20 PM »

I thought Slash, Duff, and Izzy quit because they were sick and fucking tired of Axl's tyrannical ways !? ? ok

no read up on it a bit more

Izzy was way to strung out and he sobered up....then he saw all his friends killing himself...he didnt want part of that lifestyle anymore...and everyone was bitter about it...there is cases of duff and slash talking shit jsut as much as axl

as to slash...there was really a difference of opinoon in the direction of GnR....slash was the one demanding they do its five o'clock somewhere...and duff was the first to walk out in fact...axl gave up talking to him about it so slash recorded it solo

Duff quit in 97 or something ...didnt like the direction the band was going in...but interviews with duff make it seem like it was a split on good terms..

anyway tis well documented on this site...take a look around and come back...adler was fired cuz he was too fuckign whacked to even record one song..

bringbackadler
Banned
VIP

« Reply #73 on: February 26, 2007, 04:40:44 PM »

I thought Slash, Duff, and Izzy quit because they were sick and fucking tired of Axl's tyrannical ways !? ? ok

Izzy was way to strung out and he sobered up....then he saw all his friends killing himself...he didnt want part of that lifestyle anymore...and everyone was bitter about it...there is cases of duff and slash talking shit jsut as much as axl

as to slash...there was really a difference of opinoon in the direction of GnR....slash was the one demanding they do its five o'clock somewhere...and duff was the first to walk out in fact...axl gave up talking to him about it so slash recorded it solo

Duff quit in 97 or something ...didnt like the direction the band was going in...but interviews with duff make it seem like it was a split on good terms..

anyway tis well documented on this site...take a look around and come back...adler was fired cuz he was too fuckign whacked to even record one song..

I appreciate you taking the time to write back on this, but yes, I knew this already.

I was just trying to make a point to Jarmo because he said they must have walked out on the band because they were not interested or something ridiculous like that.

Like I said, thanx again but I am definitely aware of who was fired and who walked out because they had enough and why.

/bringbackadler

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #74 on: February 26, 2007, 04:44:23 PM »

yet you can't let go of things that happened so many years ago.  Roll Eyes  its ok, you're just an emotional guy.  crying
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #75 on: February 26, 2007, 04:45:06 PM »

I thought Slash, Duff, and Izzy quit because they were sick and fucking tired of Axl's tyrannical ways !    ok

Axl's always seem to have been the one with the vision.

It wasn't Slash's idea to make music videos, that 15 years alter, still are some of the biggest videos ever made.

I think it'll eventually be Axl who will try and get the "real guns" back together.

It seems like it's Steven.....

Chinese Democracy will be a huge album (one I personally look forward to more than you know) but it will not receive the same status that AFD and the Illusions reached (hope I'm wrong).

You seem to look forward to a reunion.

I guess CD is also something that's in the way so you look forward to it...

Look at the polls you have set up on this site where you ask for the favorite guitar player and drummer, etc. Who are the names you see over and over ?
It's not Finck and Ferrar... and rightfully so. They don't even come close to touching the real guys.

Real guys?

Seriously, what the fuck's wrong with you?

There's nothing unreal about Robin, Richard or Ron.

They're very real. They live on the same planet as you and I.

Well, maybe you live on a different planet judging by your posts.

You, and people like you, are trying very hard to discredit the current band because you see them as being in the way of that lovely reunion.

You can keep believing that this current band is just as good or better but that simply is not the case.  Most people can easily see this.   no

Apples and oranges.

Some people claim Snakepit's albums are better than Use Your Illusion.

Some of you are basing your opinions on bootlegs because you weren't even fans back in the day.

GN'R was one of the best bands in the world back in the late 80s/early 90s.

That doesn't men GN'R can't be one of the best bands in the world in the 2000s.

For now, the "New GNR" cover band will have to do, but personally, I cannot wait for the reunion w/ the "real Guns"!    peace

Go and wait for the next Adler's Appetite tour.

You're obviously not a fan since you keep referring to them as not real and a cover band.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 04:48:25 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #76 on: February 26, 2007, 04:46:56 PM »

I thought Slash, Duff, and Izzy quit because they were sick and fucking tired of Axl's tyrannical ways ! ? ?ok

I appreciate you taking the time to write back on this, but yes, I knew this already.

I was just trying to make a point to Jarmo because he said they must have walked out on the band because they were not interested or something ridiculous like that.

Like I said, thanx again but I am definitely aware of who was fired and who walked out because they had enough and why.

/bringbackadler

then why post somethign totally opposite to what is documented as to what actually happened Undecided

by the time slash left....there was irreparable damage to the professional relationship of axl and slash...and slash walked out so really isnt it his fault that your dream band was finished 12 years ago? anyway i think jarmos point is that "welcome to 2007" ...people grow apart...its sad but it happens and this particular incident happend a loooooong time ago

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #77 on: February 26, 2007, 04:50:11 PM »

then why post somethign totally opposite to what is documented as to what actually happened Undecided

because Axl Rose hurt his feelings and he blames Axl for the fact that his favorite member(s) of the band aren't in the band anymore, so he just writes whatever garbage he can come up with to discredit Axl and anyone else presently in the band.   

Mean ol Axl!  BBA sure is teaching him a good lesson.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #78 on: February 26, 2007, 04:53:01 PM »

you thought wrong as Neemo laready pointed out ok
i don't think so, i can't even see a reunion as the way it's all going on now with CD and libertad.

I thought u thought it was alder and the current members wanting to see a reunion Roll Eyes

the polls were made in 2003, that's 4 years ago right after a disapointing tour, if they were made today i'm sure the result would be different and i didn't vote until today and yeah i voted finck ok

You can keep believing that this current band is just as good or better but that simply is not the case. ?Most people can easily see this.

that's just opinions of people living in the now.. instead of almost a decade and a half ago
bringbackadler
Banned
VIP

« Reply #79 on: February 26, 2007, 04:53:18 PM »

Axl's always seem to have been the one with the vision.

It wasn't Slash's idea to make music videos, that 15 years alter, still are some of the biggest videos ever made.

It seems like it's Steven.....

You seem to look forward to a reunion.

I guess CD is also something that's in the way so you look forward to it...

Real guys?

Seriously, what the fuck's wrong with you?

There's nothing unreal about Robin, Richard or Ron.

They're very real. They live on the same planet as you and I.

Well, maybe you live on a different planet judging by your posts.

You, and people like you, are trying very hard to discredit the current band because you see them as being in the way of that lovely reunion.

You can keep believing that this current band is just as good or better but that simply is not the case.? Most people can easily see this.? ?no

Apples and oranges.

Some people claim Snakepit's albums are better than Use Your Illusion.

Some of you are basing your opinions on bootlegs because you weren't even fans back in the day.

GN'R was one of the best bands in the world back in the late 80s/early 90s.

That doesn't men GN'R can't be one of the best bands in the world in the 2000s.

For now, the "New GNR" cover band will have to do, but personally, I cannot wait for the reunion w/ the "real Guns"!? ? peace

Go and wait for the next Adler's Appetite tour.

You're obviously not a fan since you keep referring to them as not real and a cover band.

/jarmo

The only thing that you said that interested me was what I bolded.

When is that, btw Huh ?

P.S. -- I am a huge Guns fan. I just personally don't think the new guys are "better". ?I guess that means that you and I can't be buds ? ? Cry

Lastly, I do agree w/ you that those videos WERE Axl's vision. But that does not mean Slash and Duff were not part of the reason they became as big as they are.

/bringbackadler

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: