Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 05:38:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Slash FINALLY speaks about a reunion!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash FINALLY speaks about a reunion!!!!!!!  (Read 34933 times)
Mr.Brownstone7
Opening Act

« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2007, 05:17:15 PM »

stuck in the past, stuck in the past, stuck blablabla
do you have anything else to say?

How about "Get over it"??

dude
a lot of people including me, want a reunion why dont you respect that

sex, drugs & guns n roses
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2007, 05:25:46 PM »

How about "Get over it"? 

dude

Selfish pricks.  Tongue

How about supporting the band we have instead?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2007, 05:38:55 PM »

How about "Get over it"??

dude

i agree with all you said there. ok

and i think VR sucks because Scott Weiland really doesn't do anything for me, to me the vocals are all wrong no

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
luciano
Banned
Rocker

Axl-Izzy-Slash-Duff-Steven!

« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2007, 06:25:11 PM »

Selfish pricks.  Tongue
/jarmo

Why not?
Because GNR is 1.000.000.000 times better than Axl's band!
Luciano
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2007, 06:37:30 PM »

I just hope this serves to put those begging for a reunion to rest.

Move on, ya know?

Love Slash but love him for what he is doing now.

Love GNR for who they are now.

Well said.  I love the GnR we have in the present, and have no desire to look back at this point. 
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2007, 06:45:50 PM »

I just hope this serves to put those begging for a reunion to rest.

Move on, ya know?

Love Slash but love him for what he is doing now.

Love GNR for who they are now.

Well said.? I love the GnR we have in the present, and have no desire to look back at this point.?

I could've never said this better myself hihi peace
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2007, 07:02:05 PM »

Selfish pricks.  Tongue
/jarmo

Why not?
Luciano

#1 - Axl still is in GN'R along with a few other guys.

#2 - A fucking reunion because you want it is wrong and selfish. It's about what the band members want. A majority of them seem to be busy.

#3 - You can't recreate the past so stop thinking it's gonna be like 1987 just because the names of the band members are the same.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2007, 07:44:05 PM »

If Axl asked Slash to do a reunion, Slash would come back before you can say "sell out".  confused Undecided

Exactly.

I think not even slash believes what he is saying. Im sure Slash would terminate VR a second after Axl asked him to do a reunion

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2007, 09:50:18 PM »

What a fucked up night rofl

Slash hit the nail in the head: "No one has any interest at this point."

Steven does!! hihi
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2007, 10:14:42 PM »

How about "Get over it"? 

dude

And Axl and Slash have both made it abundantly clear that they don't want a reunion.  Why can you respect that?  Why don't you respect the guys who actually want to be in Guns N Roses?
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2007, 10:18:02 PM »

[
Aside from 2-3 songs, not really.? Contraband's a good album but musically, for the most part, it lacks the energy and distinct sound of the old GnR material.?

that probably due to Scott's influence and his "not wanting to sound like Guns N Roses"
like that's a bad thing considering you've got 2 founding members and Slash took that sound w/ everyone he's played with but VR Sad

I's still love to hear the 10 songs Slash, Izzy, Duff and Matt wrote b4 Scott came inot the fold......
maybe when Scott does his "solo album"; Slash, izzy, Duff and Matt can do a solo thing and get someone to sing to the 10 songs or so.......(for some reason, I would love to hear Christina Aguilera fronting that band Shocked)
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2007, 10:20:09 PM »

Meh , Pink Floyd got back , Rage is back , Van Halen is back , GNR is feasible in the future.  I would hate to see a 5 washed up rockers who just need some cash , if reunion does happen I want to see them actually liking it. I mean I dont know about all of you but to see Slash and Axl on the same stage would be INSANE. Funny steven wants it really bad , but even IF it happens Matt would be apart of it , Adler can NOT handle stuff like YCBM or alot of the UYI stuff...
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2007, 10:35:20 PM »

[
Aside from 2-3 songs, not really.  Contraband's a good album but musically, for the most part, it lacks the energy and distinct sound of the old GnR material. 

that probably due to Scott's influence and his "not wanting to sound like Guns N Roses"
like that's a bad thing considering you've got 2 founding members and Slash took that sound w/ everyone he's played with but VR Sad

I's still love to hear the 10 songs Slash, Izzy, Duff and Matt wrote b4 Scott came inot the fold......
maybe when Scott does his "solo album"; Slash, izzy, Duff and Matt can do a solo thing and get someone to sing to the 10 songs or so.......(for some reason, I would love to hear Christina Aguilera fronting that band Shocked)

I'd really like to hear the songs recorded during the sessions that Slash, Duff and Matt had with Josh Todd and Keith Nelson too.  Too bad they're probably locked in a vault somewhere and will never be heard  no
luciano
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2007, 01:23:53 AM »

#2 - A fucking reunion because you want it is wrong and selfish. It's about what the band members want. A majority of them seem to be busy.
#3 - You can't recreate the past so stop thinking it's gonna be like 1987 just because the names of the band members are the same.
/jarmo

#1 - Axl has a new band that he calls GNR and this band plays GNR songs. In my book, GNR hasn't performed since 1993 (the Izzy gigs).

#2 - I never said that I want a reunion to happen against the will/desire of Axl, Izzy, Slash, Duff and Steven. It wouldn't make any sense. My dream is that someday all the five of them get to feel like playing together again for the best reason: creating and playing great music again.

#3 - I never said I want to recreate the past. As you said yourself, that is impossible. It will never be 1987 again - thanks God for that! But I am sure that Axl, Izzy, Slash, Duff and Steven can get together in 2007 (or anytime they want) and CREATE music again. These five guys are rock n' roll geniuses, and it doesn't get any better than these five guys together making music. NEW music. GREAT music. I think anybody that wants a reunion feel the same way! Nobody wants to recreate the past! It is the other way around!

Luciano
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 01:35:13 AM by luciano » Logged
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2007, 01:34:30 AM »

Selfish pricks.? Tongue
/jarmo

Why not?
Luciano

/jarmo

I think your point #1 states why most people are after a reunion - ' Axl and a few other guys'. That says it all. Most of people dont care who these guys are.

#2 Its not about what the band members want. Axl could say I'm having a reunion and Pitman might say 'But Axl...please... what about my synth contributions?' and Axl would say 'Your all fired, get out'.

3# Us people hoping for a reunion will stop living in 1987 when we arent fed the AFD Tour 200.... every year with no new album. Hopefully Axl will also stop trying to recreate the past by living off former glories made by people who left years ago.

Anyways, this is all kind of redundant if Axl, Slash, Duff etc dont want a reunion. Its up to them, not us.

Incidentally, Jarmo - what would you do if there was a reunion announced? Shut down the site and never again support the band again?

Dont get me wrong Im not an Axl hater, I just wish he'd release this ridiculous album. I mean how long can it possibly take?!!

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
Mr.Brownstone7
Opening Act

« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2007, 04:23:45 AM »

@ ShotgunBlues1978

i didnt come here to disagree with you my friend...you have your own thoughts about gnr i have mine....

@ jarmo

itsnot gonna be like 1987 thats true, but it will be a looooot better than axl and a few other guys band.....

sex, drugs & guns n roses
shaunbhoy
Banned
Rocker

All HTGTH Moderators are Pussy's

« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2007, 04:47:52 AM »

Well Mr Brownstone7

u are absolutely right because right now G'N'R is just Axl Rose and some dumb fuckin tribute band, thats Not G'N'R!

Sometimes l Feel Like I'm Beating A Dead Horse
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2007, 07:24:47 AM »

People need to realise that this band is not going to die anytime soon. They have one of the most anticipated record coming.

Do you think that so close of completion, Axl will tell the whole band to fuck off and get back with the old guys ?

Ain't going to happen. Thank God. And He knows I've loved the old band a lot when I was a kid. But I came to know and love this one now, and I don't want them to leave.

Plus, all you guys saying that they're living off AFD all the time need to realize that there are songs that audiences need to hear. So they'll always play some AFD songs in the future. But when CD comes out, they will play less AFD material and more from CD. So enjoy the fact that right now you can still hear those old tunes when going to a gig.

#1 - Axl has a new band that he calls GNR and this band plays GNR songs. In my book, GNR hasn't performed since 1993 (the Izzy gigs).

Considering the fact that for you GN'R was the AFD lineup, then GN'R hasn't played since 1990. I'm wondering why the fuck you're still on a GN'R message board 17 years later. Roll Eyes

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Chris Axl
All that I wanted was...
Rocker

Axl Got My Sunglasses

« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2007, 07:57:05 AM »

If Axl asked Slash to do a reunion, Slash would come back before you can say "sell out".? confused Undecided

What makes you so sure? If it that wasn't a sarcastic post.

then we would se dollar sing in Slashs eyes

If I were you, I'd manage to abhor the invitation
Of promised love that can't keep up with your adoration
Just use your head, and in the end you'll find your inspiration
To choose your steps and w
luciano
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #59 on: February 22, 2007, 12:45:56 PM »

Considering the fact that for you GN'R was the AFD lineup, then GN'R hasn't played since 1990. I'm wondering why the fuck you're still on a GN'R message board 17 years later. Roll Eyes

I don't like Matt a lot and I don't like Dizzy at all, but for me the band that recorded UYI and that performed live from january 20, 1991 until September 31, 1991 was Guns n' Roses (with another drummer and a keyboard player). When Izzy left, that was not Guns n' Roses anymore (for me) because much of the GN'R sound was based on Izzy guitar playing and his songwriting ability. You lose that, you have another band. Same if you lose Axl, or if you lose Slash.

What the fuck I am doing here? Probably the same thing that you are doing! I am trying to find any news and any info and any music related to Guns n' Roses. Axl is the best frontman ever and even if he plays with another musicians he still is Axl and I want to know about it and listen to it. Same goes for Izzy, Slash, Duff and Steven. I'll be always looking for new info & music that comes from those guys.

Luciano
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: