Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 03:56:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228125 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Do we want to hear Chinese Democracy with 5 to 6 yr old songs?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do we want to hear Chinese Democracy with 5 to 6 yr old songs?  (Read 5057 times)
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« on: February 20, 2007, 12:59:20 PM »

I absolutly love Madagascar, The Blues and Chinesed Democracy but these songs are 5,6,7 yrs old to me.  I love them and will always play them with my IPOD but I almost don't want them on CD.  These songs seem like they were released on another album a while ago but sadly they weren't.  Has too many people heard these songs?  Will everyone still want to hear them on CD.  Just asking.
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 01:03:25 PM »

I definitely want to hear them on CD. I want definitive studio copies of these songs. That's a big part of the excitement for me, i'm not just waiting for an album, i'm waiting for an album that i'm certain i'll love.

I don't care if we hear all of the songs we've already heard, but i think if the album turned out to be lacking most of them i'd be kinda disappointed.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 01:06:14 PM »

It seems that the decision is not really up to us. We get what we  get.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007, 01:09:19 PM »

I don't care either way... the songs are great, but if they've got better ones in the bag, then leave them off.
SterileEyes
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2007, 01:17:21 PM »

Out of the three you mentioned, The Blues is the only one I really really want on the record.

Chinese Democracy I can do without. I was never a huge fan of that song and it never grew on me. I can't understood why Mr. Perfectionist is so gung-ho on this track. It's just my opinion, but if I was a casual Guns fan and after 13 years of waiting I put on the record and decided to judge the record by its title track, I'd be really bummed.

Madagascar's a good song but I wouldn't be upset if they didn't include it. Is it true it was written way back in '93? (Wouldn't surprise me at all).

So long as Better, The Blues and IRS show up, I'll be happy. TWAT wouldn't hurt, either.

Follow the link below to hear my cover of "Pretty Tied Up"

http://www.myspace.com/marlahooch1
Aero
Not Axl
VIP

Not Axl

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2007, 01:27:57 PM »

I just want to hear Chinese Democracy... GNR people will choose the best possible tracklist, don't worry about that. And if some new song is not in the tracklist, we're gonna hear it in a second album or something.

MR. GNR
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2007, 01:30:01 PM »

we have only heard these songs live....... Imagine if we had only heard the live version of.... lets say ''Better''.... Wouldnt You be amazed at the difference when you hear the studio version....Huh I Know I would.... Same goes for''TWAT'' and pretty all the new songs....
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2007, 01:31:41 PM »

15 years? YES!  beer

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2007, 01:33:02 PM »

I would prefer NONE of the leaked/live songs show up on this album. I love most of them, but you're right. I've burnt them out for the most part. Even a studio-version would not change that feeling all that much. ?Release this album, then hit us with another one later on that contain studio versions of these ?songs and I'd be one happy guy.
pollyblue
Rocker

t.w.a.t.

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2007, 01:36:37 PM »

i guess we have no choice, but i don't bother.
Aero
Not Axl
VIP

Not Axl

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2007, 01:37:38 PM »

The only bad thing about Chinese Democracy, is that, when released, we're gonna know the half of the songs... we will get a half of a new album  hihi

peace

ZoulonFire
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2007, 01:39:22 PM »

Out of the three you mentioned, The Blues is the only one I really really want on the record.

Chinese Democracy I can do without. I was never a huge fan of that song and it never grew on me. I can't understood why Mr. Perfectionist is so gung-ho on this track. It's just my opinion, but if I was a casual Guns fan and after 13 years of waiting I put on the record and decided to judge the record by its title track, I'd be really bummed.

Madagascar's a good song but I wouldn't be upset if they didn't include it. Is it true it was written way back in '93? (Wouldn't surprise me at all).

So long as Better, The Blues and IRS show up, I'll be happy. TWAT wouldn't hurt, either.

You know, everyone's different - even GNR fans.  I *love* CD, and absolutely want to see it not only open the album, but replace WTTJ as the band's live opener, truly as a mark that the new era of GNR is fully realized.

ZoulonFire
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2007, 01:40:59 PM »

we have only heard these songs live....... Imagine if we had only heard the live version of.... lets say ''Better''.... Wouldnt You be amazed at the difference when you hear the studio version....Huh I Know I would.... Same goes for''TWAT'' and pretty all the new songs....

IMHO, "Better" and "TWAT" are pretty much studio cuts, rather than rough demos.  I wouldnt be suprised if there wasnt much of a difference, aside from sounding "cleaner" and "crisper."
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2007, 01:43:34 PM »

I would rather have the 2001-02 version of CD than whatever has been done to it since then, so the answer to this question is a definite yes.

markpeterhughes73
Headliner

Waiting, waiting, waiting some more... Chin Dem?

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2007, 01:44:28 PM »

I think they should use the leaks as b-sides or something or put em on an E.P mini album for a laugh. I don't think people are going to want most of these leaks, my opinion is that those leaked and played live were to keep the forums chatting.
I wouldn't be surprised if none of em are on the final release although Chinese Democracy!!! being the title of the album is a bit of a giveaway. Unless the album wasn't named Chinese Democracy after all but that would lose the publicity they've already gained on it.

Randy Jesus
VIP

This Never Happened, It's Just a Dream...

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2007, 01:49:19 PM »

You know these people read this forum... Its threads like this that are probably the problem releasing the album... No one is ever satisfied...

Give them Blood. Blood. Gallons of the Stuff. Give them all that they want and it will never be enough...
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2007, 01:51:44 PM »

You have to remember that the majority of people haven't heard these songs yet, either demos or live versions. They're not going to release songs that only the hardcore GNR fans will want to hear (ie. songs we haven't heard yet). They'll release songs that will help CD to sell. Better and Madagascar are probably the best examples of that.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
MJ23
VIP

KING OF AUDIO

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2007, 01:54:54 PM »

But you have to realize that some songs that were on the "Illusions" have been played live earlier too. Take Knockin' On Heaven's Door or Don't Cry or Back Off Bitch or Yesterdays. November Rain is a very old song too.
In addition to that some fans have heard a bunch of the songs of the Illsuions albums from the Rock In Rio boots very early in 1991 too.

Ok, Madagascar and the other song that may be on CD are older songs, but only as far as the first performance is concerned, the songs still sound very fresh to me.

So we should stop bitching around what WE want. It is their album and everyone of us will be happy when it hits the stores. Maybe we know 6 out of 13 tracks. And? I don't know the studio versions. So they will be new to me.

Threads like this one doesn't take us anywhere.
markpeterhughes73
Headliner

Waiting, waiting, waiting some more... Chin Dem?

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2007, 01:58:50 PM »

You guys are right I'm just sick of the wait. 1987 I first heard of them. Thats why I'm anxious.
jamesdm
Rocker

Lizard King - The One

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2007, 02:10:21 PM »

The first step take out the cd, because with this we will get a 2nd o 3rd album, so it is not very important at this point if this songs must be on it or not.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: