Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 08:25:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228534 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  An open letter to the fans from Axl - Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 55 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An open letter to the fans from Axl - Discussion  (Read 160520 times)
GunsNCrowes
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #900 on: February 17, 2007, 10:03:51 PM »

Some interesting replies here. 

I don't post much, but I think people's frustration is totally understandable.  Too many fans of the old band, and rock fans in general, have kind of laughed at the situation as it now stands, thinking it's not "real" GnR b/c the current guys are simply hired hands.  I know this has been discussed on and on here in other threads, but I think the fact is most people on this board, and most people buying tickets on the last tours, bringing friends, basically supporting the band - do not agree with that cynical view, and are really curious to see what this incarnation of the band has to offer.  These people don't see Axl or the band as the type to just go out and play a "Greatest Hits" show as a pure cash grab, like a KISS/Motley Crue/etc etc tour.  Yeah those bands occasionally put out material, but it's the same schtick more/less every tour.  People go to party or say they were there for the experience, but its nothing that'll blow you away musically or something truly exciting.  But with Axl calls a tour "Chinese Democracy," people are going to expect something different, something new.  When that repeatedly doesn't happen, fans will be frustrated.  No getting around that other than to put out the product and show the world what the new GnR is about.  And if it's said from Axl himself that shows were cancelled so the album could be wrapped up, then eventually other shows are added w/no album drop, sorry, but that gonna hurt credibility with a lot of people. 
The optimist in me says that's not gonna happen, and we'll see CD no later than April with a single next month.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #901 on: February 18, 2007, 01:14:00 AM »

Listen Im just as eager as you people to see a single drop but we don't know what's going on hell they could have the record turned in and the contract negoations done.  They got get promotion set up that takes time they got shoot a video that takes time.  From that article of them sending Better out to diffrent directors im sure we could have a single and video out first week of march or maybe late Feb (that's pushing it) just quit putting words in Axl's mouth everyone is angry that we haven't heard anything and March 6 his coming up soon well here is a keyword to go with that TENTATIVE !!!! im out

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #902 on: February 18, 2007, 02:14:51 AM »

I'll wait till I wait no more. No argument will change that.

And no "March 6th release" will change that either... When I said "fan made deadline", I meant that every once in awhile some fans will determine a date where "Axl will become a joke" or "If Axl doesn't follow through with his promises, nobody will care anymore"... but it's just not true.  I'm sure a few fans have been lost along the way during the waiting, but overall, we'll all stick here and pay attention to the goings-on because this is our favourite band.  So you can say that "this is Axl's last chance", but it won't matter.  He'll release the album when he feels it's ready, and then the public can throw down over it.  I bet at that time, a lot of those people who made comments about giving up in the past will return, and maybe they were the smart ones by not wasting there time... but suggesting that if Axl doesn't live up to a promise at this point will make him irrelevant is, at this point, not true. 
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #903 on: February 18, 2007, 02:33:49 AM »

I'll wait till I wait no more. No argument will change that.

And no "March 6th release" will change that either... When I said "fan made deadline", I meant that every once in awhile some fans will determine a date where "Axl will become a joke" or "If Axl doesn't follow through with his promises, nobody will care anymore"... but it's just not true.? I'm sure a few fans have been lost along the way during the waiting, but overall, we'll all stick here and pay attention to the goings-on because this is our favourite band.? So you can say that "this is Axl's last chance", but it won't matter.? He'll release the album when he feels it's ready, and then the public can throw down over it.? I bet at that time, a lot of those people who made comments about giving up in the past will return, and maybe they were the smart ones by not wasting there time... but suggesting that if Axl doesn't live up to a promise at this point will make him irrelevant is, at this point, not true.?

you have a very valid point, there are alot of people that i know that have lost all interest in G'n'R cause they have to wait so long. and i agree with them in the sence that 13+ years waiting for an album is too long but i dont agree with them not carring any more.

if i was like that i'd would've lost all interest in alot of the bands i've ever liked cause not to many bands i'm into don't have much goin for them these days like KISS, AC/DC, i could go on, but i'm tired *yawn*

good post ok

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #904 on: February 18, 2007, 11:09:15 AM »

The problem is Axl alienates fans lying to them.  I dont care if the CD is out March 6, but his letter promises that if the CD is not out March 6th then he would let fans know as soon as possible.  If he has time to schedule a world tour then he has time to be like "yeah no cd until may because ...".  The problem is there is no excuse this time.  If the album isnt out before the tour theres no excuse, and yes people were hurt this time when he cancelled concerts under that premise.  Its like when Clinton fired the U.S. travel office, he had the right to do it, but he made up lies about all of them and got in trouble for it.  Axl has the right to do whatever he wants, but lying to the fans sucks for his fans and hurts the bands image.  Ive said it before, but it should be said again, we will all buy the cd, the problem are the people who werent GNR addicts (like all of the 80's chicks who bought AFD or little girls in the early 90's who bought UYI, or the Metallica fans who now like Tool and APC).  If you post here and are following the album you'll buy the CD whenever it comes out, and love it, whatever the content.

Oh and for the person saying that "we dont know it might be coming" 1.  Axl still lied cause its not coming March 6th and he hasnt told anyone anything. 2. The guy cant put "very- very minor" finishing touches on an album while on tour in the U.S. what do you think he will be able to accomplish while flying all over the world. 3. If the record needs to be turned in 8 weeks before release, they could have started promotion right when it was turned in.  Why would they wait?  The cd clearly hasnt been turned in. 4.   If you were planning on heavily promoting an album in the U.S. why would you go to Japan?  Axl wont shoot a video in Japan, cant do radio interviews, cant appear on any show, cant be seen by the bulk of the cd buying audience. 

Its insane that Trent Reznor who does everything pretty much alone, is able to finish an album while on tour and promote it for 3 months before its out and Axl just cant do it.  Fans dont want to be lied to, thats the one thing that GNR fans dont want.  Theyll wait through anything.  If you want to cancel a tour do it, but dont make empty promises because of it.  I would be happy if Axl came out and said "no cd, we are going to do a live album" or said March 6 2008.  Its the disappointment that sucks, not the waiting.  Maybe other people dont care, but I hate telling people its coming, getting excited and then getting let down.  Maybe its my fault for continuing to pay attention, but it shouldnt have to be that way.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #905 on: February 18, 2007, 11:17:32 AM »

The problem is Axl alienates fans lying to them.  I dont care if the CD is out March 6, but his letter promises that if the CD is not out March 6th then he would let fans know as soon as possible. 

Did you ever think that "as soon as possible" hasn't happened yet?

Maybe they think that a "sorry, but the tentative release date of March 6th has proven to be too optimistic due to several reasons including ........ etc etc." announcement would make people like you even more annoyed?

You also need to understand what a lie is.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
EFISH
« Reply #906 on: February 18, 2007, 11:21:28 AM »

Well, if the plan is to really tell us if it has been delayed, then so far March 6th is the day. That's 3 weeks. It's this week or never, I think. We'll see....

Edit: It's actually less then 3 weeks now, right? Anyway, like I said....if we don't hear something this week, well you know...
« Last Edit: February 18, 2007, 11:23:53 AM by EFISH » Logged
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #907 on: February 18, 2007, 11:32:28 AM »

The problem is Axl alienates fans lying to them.? I dont care if the CD is out March 6, but his letter promises that if the CD is not out March 6th then he would let fans know as soon as possible.? If he has time to schedule a world tour then he has time to be like "yeah no cd until may because ...".? The problem is there is no excuse this time.? If the album isnt out before the tour theres no excuse, and yes people were hurt this time when he cancelled concerts under that premise.? Its like when Clinton fired the U.S. travel office, he had the right to do it, but he made up lies about all of them and got in trouble for it.? Axl has the right to do whatever he wants, but lying to the fans sucks for his fans and hurts the bands image.? Ive said it before, but it should be said again, we will all buy the cd, the problem are the people who werent GNR addicts (like all of the 80's chicks who bought AFD or little girls in the early 90's who bought UYI, or the Metallica fans who now like Tool and APC).? If you post here and are following the album you'll buy the CD whenever it comes out, and love it, whatever the content.

Oh and for the person saying that "we dont know it might be coming" 1.? Axl still lied cause its not coming March 6th and he hasnt told anyone anything. 2. The guy cant put "very- very minor" finishing touches on an album while on tour in the U.S. what do you think he will be able to accomplish while flying all over the world. 3. If the record needs to be turned in 8 weeks before release, they could have started promotion right when it was turned in.? Why would they wait?? The cd clearly hasnt been turned in. 4.? ?If you were planning on heavily promoting an album in the U.S. why would you go to Japan?? Axl wont shoot a video in Japan, cant do radio interviews, cant appear on any show, cant be seen by the bulk of the cd buying audience.?

Its insane that Trent Reznor who does everything pretty much alone, is able to finish an album while on tour and promote it for 3 months before its out and Axl just cant do it.? Fans dont want to be lied to, thats the one thing that GNR fans dont want.? Theyll wait through anything.? If you want to cancel a tour do it, but dont make empty promises because of it.? I would be happy if Axl came out and said "no cd, we are going to do a live album" or said March 6 2008.? Its the disappointment that sucks, not the waiting.? Maybe other people dont care, but I hate telling people its coming, getting excited and then getting let down.? Maybe its my fault for continuing to pay attention, but it shouldnt have to be that way.

Firstly, for the millonth fuckin time - sorry, no more mr nice guy on this 1 from me - axl actually only said we would know as soon as an official date has been set, in the event that march 6 cant/wont/couldnt/wasnt the date. he said nothing bout letting us know anything before mar 6, if you read the statement closely enough. which you obviously did not. it was actually a very well written and nuanced statement in many respects.

secondly, your assumption that all of us here will but/otherwise obtain the album is correct, those who disagree are talkin out their arses. but your asserion that we will also love it simply coz of who it is shows no respect for rational, critical faculties that are far superior than yours. nor do you seem to accept that it will either do it for people or it wont - thats how music works - it transcends reason. yes, i have noticed my own slight contradiction there, but you get my point.

lastly, all your assumptions bout what axl can/cant/should/shouldnt do are based on your ridiculous assumption that you know what is happenning behind the scenes - where the album is, what stage the production is at, negotiations with the label and possibly even band mambers other than axl etc...!

im sorry, but after so long of this same bulshit fuckin daily i have cracked! go back to motherfuckin preschool!

in future people, if your gonna make statements based on assumptions please explicitly acknowledge that, as some of us here will instantly call you on it anyway. all it requires is a sentence like "based on the assumption that the cd has been turned in to the label..." or "but assuming the record has not been handed to the label...".

then we can kick possibilities around within certain parameters at least, as long as we realise our ideas are based only on assumptions.

I would'nt do that if I were you.
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

« Reply #908 on: February 18, 2007, 11:34:06 AM »

Well, if the plan is to really tell us if it has been delayed, then so far March 6th is the day. That's 3 weeks. It's this week or never, I think. We'll see....

Edit: It's actually less then 3 weeks now, right? Anyway, like I said....if we don't hear something this week, well you know...

Sorry efish but your interpretation of the statement is wrong tooo.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #909 on: February 18, 2007, 11:34:15 AM »

Yeah well it's starting to look like a lie to me. ? ?He's known for a while now whether or not they are going to make March 6th. ?I took his letter as a promise.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
hpantazo
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #910 on: February 18, 2007, 11:36:52 AM »

No way I'll see the band again unless there's a full CD to promote. It's not worth sitting in an arena until 2AM for the band to play four new songs, and never mention the words "chinese democracy" during the entire show, as was the case in Worcester, MA on 11/8/06.

Nobody's forcing you.

If all this "waiting" is horrible, there's plenty of other things you can occupy your time with.

/jarmo

Sorry but, don't you think that calling the tour "the chinese democracy tour" for the second, and now third, time, and making multiple statements that the album would be out in 2006 is misleading fans if the album is not actually coming out? Why do you say no one asked people to wait? They can tour all they want but don't call it the chinese democracy wourld tour if the album is not coming out during the tour, and don't keep telling us that the album is coming out "definately this year (2006)" when you have really no idea if it is ready to be released yet. I think that is what is making many fans so angry. This is called "false advertising" and can get you in some legal trouble.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2007, 11:38:39 AM by hpantazo » Logged
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #911 on: February 18, 2007, 11:43:02 AM »

No way I'll see the band again unless there's a full CD to promote. It's not worth sitting in an arena until 2AM for the band to play four new songs, and never mention the words "chinese democracy" during the entire show, as was the case in Worcester, MA on 11/8/06.

Nobody's forcing you.

If all this "waiting" is horrible, there's plenty of other things you can occupy your time with.

/jarmo

Sorry but, don't you think that calling the tour "the chinese democracy tour" for the second, and now third, time, and making multiple statements that the album would be out in 2006 is misleading fans if the album is not actually coming out? Why do you say no one asked people to wait? They can tour all they want but don't call it the chinese democracy wourld tour if the album is not coming out during the tour, and don't keep telling us that the album is coming out "definately this year (2006)" when you have really no idea if it is ready to be released yet. I think that is what is making many fans so angry. This is called "false advertising" and can get you in some legal trouble.

You've got to admit jarmo, he's got a point. I mean there's been a CHinese democracy tour for as long as I can remember  Undecided

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #912 on: February 18, 2007, 11:48:51 AM »

Yeah well it's starting to look like a lie to me.    He's known for a while now whether or not they are going to make March 6th.  I took his letter as a promise.

With that being said, this is not a promise, a lie or a guarantee, but we do wish to announce a tentative release date of March 6.

You've got to admit jarmo, he's got a point. I mean there's been a CHinese democracy tour for as long as I can remember  Undecided

Yes, and I enjoyed all the ones I attended.

None of the 2006 tour merchandise even mention the album.

I think they did that mistake in 2001.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #913 on: February 18, 2007, 12:02:30 PM »

I admire the way JARMO defends Axl and the new band.  They are quite lucky to have someone so loyal.  Axl should write a song about Jarmo!!!   hihi

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
Edrose
Headliner

black sheep are the new dolphins...

« Reply #914 on: February 18, 2007, 12:06:25 PM »

I admire the way JARMO defends Axl and the new band.? They are quite lucky to have someone so loyal.? Axl should write a song about Jarmo!!!? ?hihi

prostitute  hihi

back on topic

we'll probably hear something soon
the fact that another tour has started to be organised must be a good sign
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #915 on: February 18, 2007, 12:15:53 PM »

I think, personally, Axl is waiting for the official date to be set in stone before putting out a statement. It really wouldn't make sense in his position to put out the same statement as he did before with another tenative date. That would come off very badly.

I do think 'something' needs to be said before March 6th, though. There would be no defending him if that date passes with nothing said.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
bringu2yourknees
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #916 on: February 18, 2007, 01:10:02 PM »

I think, personally, Axl is waiting for the official date to be set in stone before putting out a statement. It really wouldn't make sense in his position to put out the same statement as he did before with another tenative date. That would come off very badly.

I do think 'something' needs to be said before March 6th, though. There would be no defending him if that date passes with nothing said.

I agree with what you said word for word.  This has been my stance on the "tentative" release date all along(which is why I've been in wait and see mode the past couple of months).  I'm sure that come March 6th we'll have an explanation, and/or a legit date for Chinese Democracy.  Either way, I don't see that tuesday going by without at least this from GNR, and if not, then I'm sure this place will be rightfully flooded with all sorts of negativity...   
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #917 on: February 18, 2007, 01:12:21 PM »

I agree with this as Axl himself said he'd let us know if that date wasn't going to be achievable. yes

He should do the right thing and let the world know what's going on with the album and keep his word. ok
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

« Reply #918 on: February 18, 2007, 01:17:31 PM »

I think, personally, Axl is waiting for the official date to be set in stone before putting out a statement.

your right on the first one, an thats what his statement said would happen. But he can be defended if he says nothing by march 6th, and you can find the reasons for that in his statement!

What you mean is it would frustrate you if he says nothing by the 6th march. sure, it may be annoying, but by no means indefensible.

Perfect Criminal
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #919 on: February 18, 2007, 01:33:15 PM »

I don't think the mention of a tentative release date was a lie.  He knew when he mentioned that date it wasn't going to happen so he called it 'tentative'.  It was sneaky, but not a lie.  What was a lie was the bullshit he spewed last year about the album coming out in 2006.  That shit was a lie through and through.  The shit about 13 Tuesday's left was a lie as well (I know that was Merck, but same thing in my book since Axl never refuted it).  He had to know well before that stupid Killers introduction that the album had no chance of seeing the light of day in 2006.  It's common sense folks.

That's what has me so pissed.  I all but stopped visiting this board and others about 1.5 months ago.  I visit the main page on occasion to see if there is any more excuses from Axl (I've given up on any real news), but I stopped visiting the boards as much as I had before.  I think I'm not alone in this either.  Sure, as one poster stated, I'll get the album as soon as it's available for torrent download.  However, they lost a chance at getting my cash on December 31, 2006 when it was obvious that they had lied numerous times in 2006 to maximize their cash grab through falsely advertised tours.  I saw them in Tampa this year for the 7th time (twice with new lineup).  They were good and outside the lame solos, fun to watch.  They don't need to lie anymore.  Just release the album and shut people like me up already!!!
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 55 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: