Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 10:37:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228489 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  An open letter to the fans from Axl - Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 55 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An open letter to the fans from Axl - Discussion  (Read 158879 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #740 on: December 17, 2006, 02:51:56 PM »

I just posted a note to say that Axl rocks and thank him for the letter, and that was erased.    I wasn't being sarcastic.   Are we not allowed to discuss Axl's letter now?

You're sooo funny.

If I had left your post, I would be quoting a post by you saying "look, now my post wasn't deleted".

You're a real winner.

Go on, discuss it then.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #741 on: December 17, 2006, 02:55:55 PM »

I just posted a note to say that Axl rocks and thank him for the letter, and that was erased.? ? I wasn't being sarcastic.? ?Are we not allowed to discuss Axl's letter now?

You're sooo funny.

If I had left your post, I would be quoting a post by you saying "look, now my post wasn't deleted".

You're a real winner.

Go on, discuss it then.

/jarmo

What are you on? 

Go outside and get some fresh air.  It was a genuine comment. 

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
randy marsh
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #742 on: December 17, 2006, 03:01:09 PM »

ooh I really hope it's coming 06.03 cos my birthday party is 10.03 and I would LOVE to make it also as a listening party for Chinese Democracy.. im inviting about 100 friends and I want all of them to realize how awesome GNR still is! Smiley btw.. if you have a band playing GNR covers or something else cool and you live near or in Finland you can contact me and come to play @ the party.. maybe I'll invite more people then Grin

EDIT: sh*t.. I didn't notice Jarmo's post.. this is a little bit of Offtopic.. sry :/
« Last Edit: December 17, 2006, 03:05:44 PM by kualema » Logged

I wanted the best.. well they didn't fuckin' make it.. so here's what I get:

-----
axlhater
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #743 on: December 17, 2006, 03:16:32 PM »

I just posted a note to say that Axl rocks and thank him for the letter, and that was erased.? ? I wasn't being sarcastic.? ?Are we not allowed to discuss Axl's letter now?

You're sooo funny.

You're a real winner.

Go on, discuss it then.

/jarmo

What are you on??

Go outside and get some fresh air.? It was a genuine comment.?

I think you forgot to delete one, just wanted to make sure you new
anythinggoes
« Reply #744 on: December 17, 2006, 03:30:04 PM »

You're sooo funny.

You're a real winner.

Go on, discuss it then.

/jarmo

What are you on??

Go outside and get some fresh air.? It was a genuine comment.?

I think you forgot to delete one, just wanted to make sure you new

With a nickmane like yours why are you even on the board it seems that 75% of you posts get deleted anyhow and if you are going to stay here at least learn to quote properly
cybercurves
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #745 on: December 17, 2006, 03:43:08 PM »

I think Axl finally had to step in and clear all the confusion and speculation. I'm glad he took the time to address the fans and finally give us hope of a real release date, even though it's tentative, it has to be right around there.?

This is going to get much bigger, after Axl's "open letter", it was picked up by MTV and several other news sources and radio stations through out North America.? One simple letter and the whole world knows, lol.? Just wait until the real promotion starts.? ok
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #746 on: December 17, 2006, 03:48:05 PM »

it has to come out around march....

axl knew the effect his statement of a "tentative release date" would have....  he simply wanted to back himself up for another worst case scenario.

he knew about the effect of his 2006 statements as well of course....  but he`s definitely serious this time ok (as he was this year, too, i know hihi)

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
guns_n_motley
« Reply #747 on: December 17, 2006, 03:49:54 PM »

axl knew the effect his statement of a "tentative release date" would have....? he simply wanted to back himself up for another worst case scenario.

he knew about the effect of his 2006 statements as well of course....? but he`s definitely serious this time ok (as he was this year, too, i know hihi)

well, 2006 fall/late fall is very Vague... a date isnt...

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #748 on: December 17, 2006, 04:04:35 PM »

axl knew the effect his statement of a "tentative release date" would have....  he simply wanted to back himself up for another worst case scenario.

he knew about the effect of his 2006 statements as well of course....  but he`s definitely serious this time ok (as he was this year, too, i know hihi)

well, 2006 fall/late fall is very Vague... a date isnt...

2006 fall/late fall is vague until december 31st arrives without an album....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Sandinista
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #749 on: December 17, 2006, 04:09:05 PM »

Posts will get removed as long as you keep discussing something that we asked you not to discuss.

See the subject? See the name in it? Good.

/jarmo
If you keep removing posts, people will keep asking the same questions...

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #750 on: December 17, 2006, 04:25:30 PM »

If you keep removing posts, people will keep asking the same questions...

Because those people don't read the posts previous to theirs let alone read through the whole thread anyways.
madagas
« Reply #751 on: December 17, 2006, 04:33:19 PM »

You tell em Tank! What is your new numerical theory on the March date? hihi
ben9785
« Reply #752 on: December 17, 2006, 04:34:46 PM »

Hang on.. I don't understand why people think Axl is definitely serious now??
Obviously he was serious about getting it out in 2006. He justified it very well, and any person with the slightest understanding of Axl and GNR's background in terms of legalities etc, knows that something like this could have been holding it up. Axl wanted to get it out. Of course nothing is going to justify the endless months of silence but, anyway, it's all in the past now. Please, don't be negative about it, don't be angry, it's going  to come, that's it. It's sorted out. Of course there are going to be delays, but Axl made it clear to us, about contract negotiations etc etc. It's going to happen. It doesn't matter which show Merck was or wasn't at. Rumours and speculation don't mean shit anymore.

As I said, whether its March 6, March 16, or March 26, or even April; we know what the score is. And judging by what he said in his letter, we won't be in the dark anymore. No misleading comments. No cryptic one liners.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #753 on: December 17, 2006, 04:56:43 PM »

My impression is that axl has been always serious about his works.

You tell em Tank! What is your new numerical theory on the March date? hihi

2007... 6 3  the number for the year is..... little too obvious innit?  Grin
I hear 9 is also a lucky number for Chinese, next to 8.
This round started in 2006 to grow more and more fruitful.
novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #754 on: December 17, 2006, 05:41:56 PM »

when do you guys think we will know when the date is set in stone and not just a tentative date

"life sucks, but in a really beautiful kind of way."
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #755 on: December 17, 2006, 05:56:39 PM »

when do you guys think we will know when the date is set in stone and not just a tentative date

Going by Axl's 8 weeks comment we should now mid Jan for sure.    Perhaps even early Jan, depending on how things go.

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #756 on: December 17, 2006, 05:57:46 PM »

Depends on how much updating the band does for us. But if we don't hear a single in February sometime, I'd start to get worried about early March. Maybe then it would be late March. Still, I think a single should surface in February.

sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #757 on: December 17, 2006, 06:38:24 PM »

A very smart move for Axl to come out in the open after everybody was getting down with Christmas looming ahead after all this 2006 talk. For a few weeks now, I've thought the best possible way to deal with the situation for him is to explain himself and possibly announce an actual date, preferrably early 2007. Luckily, we got both now.

With the timetable he himself openly considered, Axl has roughly 3 weeks to wrap up the album and turn it over to Geffen. That leads to believe 2006 came very, very close to actually being the year, atleast in the sense of the record being in shape. I'll take March 2007; won't hold my breath but will look forward to it. At the current situation it's realistic, it sounds feasible.

That or you can moan about being lied to again. My advice: save your breath. In March, everybody will have a chance to draw their own conclusions, as by then, they'll either drop the album or the date. I'm betting on the album, since I feel its been more steadily coming towards us since May than during the past three years put together.

you live near or in Finland you can contact me and come to play @ the party.. maybe I'll invite more people then Grin

Will get back to you on crashing in the party in March, possibly? ok
« Last Edit: December 17, 2006, 06:40:27 PM by sic. » Logged

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
Grizzly
Opening Act

I'm the son of rage and love.

« Reply #758 on: December 18, 2006, 03:24:29 AM »

Ah, that was very nice of Axl, to finally give a statement about the release of the album. I really appreciated that, thanks! :-)

6th march is marked in my calendar.    Cheesy

--
Bjorn, Norway
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #759 on: December 18, 2006, 07:20:20 AM »

i don't trust any release date now.
Axl said in 2006.
"definitely" was the word.

march 2006 is a *tentative* release date. we all know what it means.

in fact i don't even understand why you're so positive about this letter.

i support the band since i saw them on french TV in 1989, but when i think something is wrong, i say it.

- firing a 5 years and devoted manager is not a good news.
- delaying again the album is not a good news.
- learning than Axl is/was still working on the album is not a good news.

so, what's the good news ? ah yes, Axl loves his fans. big deal. thx. I love you too, man.
happy christmas to you the band and your family.

hope to see chinese democracy in stores before i die.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 55 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: