Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 10:27:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228489 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  An open letter to the fans from Axl - Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 55 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An open letter to the fans from Axl - Discussion  (Read 158860 times)
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #720 on: December 17, 2006, 11:39:12 AM »

in fact it could be more easy for everyone if Axl (or Beta) had a blog
where we could find some  interesting studio pictures with the band
working, Axl's feelings about the work, some news etc.   
it doesn't take so much time to upload two pics in a day and write 3
or 4 lignes every week.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #721 on: December 17, 2006, 11:54:08 AM »

Hum... now that Merck is fired, would we have the Del's article back on gunsnroses.com? Or maybe some new one... That would kick ass! Smiley

Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #722 on: December 17, 2006, 12:05:41 PM »

in fact it could be more easy for everyone if Axl (or Beta) had a blog
where we could find some  interesting studio pictures with the band
working, Axl's feelings about the work, some news etc.   
it doesn't take so much time to upload two pics in a day and write 3
or 4 lignes every week.

It would be nice for the fans that's for sure.

But, look at some of the fucking arseholes that post some of the shit on this board.

Can you imagine what Axl would be dealing with on a daily basis with something like this?

It would be insane and it would most certainly get ruined for us by a few bad apples. crying
difleha
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #723 on: December 17, 2006, 12:10:50 PM »

In the end, it?s just an album, but it?s one that I, the band, our record company and all involved believe and feel is a true Guns N? Roses album. Ultimately the public will decide, and regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration. We do hope you can hold on just a bit longer, and if not, please take a break and we?ll be more than glad -- if you so choose -- to see you again later.
Could this album be better than the UYI 1&2 and AFD albums? Shocked
Ceely4
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #724 on: December 17, 2006, 12:12:37 PM »

The best part of the letter other than the date:

We would like to assure the fans that everything in our power will be done to meet this date. Once it is finalized and official, you will be notified. If we are delayed for unseen reasons, you also will be notified as soon as possible in regard to a new date, and the album will be released as shortly thereafter as is possible. We thank you for your patience.

This reminds me of Bumblefoot. When there were rumors about him and the band back in 2004 he immediately told his fans the true about what was going on, he didn't just leave them wondering what was going on. That's unlike the strategy adopted by Merck, who always thought cryptic messages to give people hope was a better idea for whatever reasons (sell more tickets? who knows). It's also funny to remember that Bumble was criticized by Merck at the time for treating his fans correctly.

There's not a better example of how an artist should relate to its fans than Bumblefoot. Hell, not just fans but people in general. He's such a wonderful guy and I'm convinced he's had some influence on Axl that lead to the paragraph I quoted above.

Anyway, I'd like to thank Axl for writing this letter and wish the band luck in getting the release out early next year.

where did you hear merck critised bfoot

he doesn`t say that merck criticised bumblefoot.....
Is this true?
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #725 on: December 17, 2006, 12:23:44 PM »

Jarmo why dodge the question? The people that saw merck at the december shows, if he was fired why would he be there? I am just curious. If that was not him then just say that was not him and someone that looks like him.

Which people? Were you there? Did you talk to him? The last show Merck came was Hallifax, Nov/20 for your information. But probably I am lying right? Get your informations right. Merck was let go before Thanksgiving and, if you don't know, Thanksgiving is in November not December.

Like I said someone told me they saw merck at one of the shows a few weeks ago. Now if that was not and it was mistaken identity just say that. Also no shit thanksgiving is in nov, but it someone said they they saw him in dec then that means he was still with the band in dec. Now some people mix up del james and merck, if they really saw del and not merck just say that, but again you are getting so worked up over a simple question.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #726 on: December 17, 2006, 12:30:29 PM »

Jarmo why dodge the question? The people that saw merck at the december shows, if he was fired why would he be there? I am just curious. If that was not him then just say that was not him and someone that looks like him.

Which people? Were you there? Did you talk to him? The last show Merck came was Hallifax, Nov/20 for your information. But probably I am lying right? Get your informations right. Merck was let go before Thanksgiving and, if you don't know, Thanksgiving is in November not December.

Like I said someone told me they saw merck at one of the shows a few weeks ago. Now if that was not and it was mistaken identity just say that. Also no shit thanksgiving is in nov, but it someone said they they saw him in dec then that means he was still with the band in dec. Now some people mix up del james and merck, if they really saw del and not merck just say that, but again you are getting so worked up over a simple question.

How is she suppose to know who the guy actually saw? She says Merck was let go  just before Thanksgiving, so it's quite obvious he wasn't at any shows in December. How hard is that to understand?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #727 on: December 17, 2006, 12:53:07 PM »

Hey Dave, maybe somebody saw Elvis at one of the GN'R shows.

If Beta said he wasn't there, would you still be questioning her?  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #728 on: December 17, 2006, 12:54:39 PM »

If Beta said he wasn't there, would you still be questioning her?? hihi

/jarmo

Well if beta said the sky was green at the last gnr show yet someone here went and said it was blue. Would you question her? Or just believe the sky was green?

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #729 on: December 17, 2006, 12:55:37 PM »

god you guys are crazy ......

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #730 on: December 17, 2006, 12:57:10 PM »

If Beta said he wasn't there, would you still be questioning her?  hihi

/jarmo

Well if beta said the sky was green at the last gnr show yet someone here went and said it was blue. Would you question her? Or just believe the sky was green?

This isn't the same thing and you know it. Beta is actually at every show, so logically she would know if Merck was there or not right? But oh you don't believe her just cause she works for Axl. That's a great attitude to have...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #731 on: December 17, 2006, 12:57:27 PM »

Once again you didn't answer....  Roll Eyes

Time after time you fail to answer simple questions. I'm done with you.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #732 on: December 17, 2006, 12:57:57 PM »

It would be nice for the fans that's for sure.
But, look at some of the fucking arseholes that post some of the shit on this board.
Can you imagine what Axl would be dealing with on a daily basis with something like this?

It would be insane and it would most certainly get ruined for us by a few bad apples. crying

it's easy to disable comments on a blog.
+ if you care about assholes in your life, you don't do nothing.
fuck'em all, and let it roll

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Gagarin
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #733 on: December 17, 2006, 01:00:53 PM »

Hum... now that Merck is fired, would we have the Del's article back on gunsnroses.com? Or maybe some new one... That would kick ass! Smiley

I think the reason it was taken down was it was brought to the attention of Axl or Merck that Del posted something that turned asinine toward the end.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #734 on: December 17, 2006, 01:04:31 PM »

calm down people...  and keep it fair.

dave heard from someone that merck was there... so what?

nobody here would say beta lies (except for some random assholes that come and go from time to time - dave surely isn`t one of them), dave just criticised her way of responding, which i can understand. he didn?t want to start bullshit or anything. a simple answer would`ve been enough.

if beta says merck was not at any of the shows after halifax, then that`s obviously true ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #735 on: December 17, 2006, 01:06:29 PM »

calm down people...  and keep it fair.

nobody here would say beta lies (except for some random assholes that come and go from time to time - dave surely isn`t one of them), dave just criticised her way of responding, which i can understand. he didn?t want to start bullshit or anything. a simple answer would`ve been enough.

if beta says merck was not at any of the shows after halifax, then that`s obviously true ok

It's true but dave won't admit it because he would then be wrong for saying merck was there. And we all know dave doesn't like to be wrong, as evident from this thread and the one in the administration section.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #736 on: December 17, 2006, 01:08:30 PM »

calm down people...? and keep it fair.

I will ask my friend again when I talk to him what show he saw merck at. He said a few weeks ago he saw him and I think he even talked to him . I will find out what show it was, it could have been Halifax. But I will find out

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #737 on: December 17, 2006, 01:09:35 PM »

calm down people...? and keep it fair.

It's true but dave won't admit it because he would then be wrong for saying merck was there. And we all know dave doesn't like to be wrong, as evident from this thread and the one in the administration section.

I have admitted I was wrong before, but this board does not like to admit they are wrong and we all know that to be true. Thus why so much gets covered up.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #738 on: December 17, 2006, 02:34:42 PM »

Posts will get removed as long as you keep discussing something that we asked you not to discuss.

See the subject? See the name in it? Good.

/jarmo

Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #739 on: December 17, 2006, 02:47:46 PM »

I just posted a note to say that Axl rocks and thank him for the letter, and that was erased.    I wasn't being sarcastic.   Are we not allowed to discuss Axl's letter now?

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 55 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: