Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 08:32:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228489 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  An open letter to the fans from Axl - Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 55 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An open letter to the fans from Axl - Discussion  (Read 158827 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #700 on: December 17, 2006, 01:47:31 AM »

I dont think Better will be the first single.

I think Axl is gonna put something out that hasnt been heard yet.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #701 on: December 17, 2006, 01:52:52 AM »

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN BETTER WILL BE THE FIRST SINGLE HOW MANY CLUES DO YOU NEED !!! come on I know this is off topic and thread is about open letter but man im tired of hearing people say Prositute THERE IS A REASON HD add has Better not Maddy, The Blues, IRS, TWAT, and its Axl's favorite song which I read.  If Im wrong you can ban me or have someone rip me a new one.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
EFISH
« Reply #702 on: December 17, 2006, 01:54:36 AM »

It wouldnt have been suposed to air in a commercial if it wasnt going to be the single. Merck said that the single was to drop as the tour kicked off, and thats when that commercial was suposed to air. It makes sense, doesnt it?
beta
B12
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #703 on: December 17, 2006, 02:27:15 AM »

Jarmo why dodge the question? The people that saw merck at the december shows, if he was fired why would he be there? I am just curious. If that was not him then just say that was not him and someone that looks like him.

Which people? Were you there? Did you talk to him? The last show Merck came was Hallifax, Nov/20 for your information. But probably I am lying right? Get your informations right. Merck was let go before Thanksgiving and, if you don't know, Thanksgiving is in November not December.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #704 on: December 17, 2006, 02:31:26 AM »

Jarmo why dodge the question? The people that saw merck at the december shows, if he was fired why would he be there? I am just curious. If that was not him then just say that was not him and someone that looks like him.

Which people? Were you there? Did you talk to him? The last show Merck came was Hallifax, Nov/20 for your information. But probably I am lying right? Get your informations right. Merck was let go before Thanksgiving and, if you don't know, Thanksgiving is in November not December.

This reminds me of an intervention.

Beta, it really isn't worth the energy.

There is alot of positivity here. Let's focus on that.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #705 on: December 17, 2006, 02:31:43 AM »

Dave,

It's just not your day is it?  hihi
Gagarin
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #706 on: December 17, 2006, 02:34:30 AM »

I think Dave is willing to accept that Merk wasn't there. ?The Internet makes reasonable people look like unreasonable people pretty quick.

Undecided

He just wanted a straight answer and not be cut to pieces as "a hater", and I think you gave a good answer.

Beta, thanks for keeping Axl with us and grounded as best you can. =)
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #707 on: December 17, 2006, 02:50:40 AM »

I'm not sure what's going on around here lately with lots of people. no

It's weird, even before Axls letter showed-up, a lot of people have been kind of freaking-out. nervous

I can only speak for myself, as a lifetime fan who has been looking forward to all of this, for a very long time. Kiss

For me, Axls letter was pretty fucking cool to read and I'm glad he did it. beer

I have nothing to complain about as a fan but, I do have a feeling I've got some really cool stuff coming my way to look forward to. yes

Toronto was an amazing show for me to get to see again and I can't wait till they come back!!!!! smoking beer

gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #708 on: December 17, 2006, 03:24:54 AM »

i think first single have to be a rocker song

madagascar should be a third ingle on the album,and i'm sure after maddy as a single album sales will be 2milions copies+

I have never seen so many tree
estranged.1098
« Reply #709 on: December 17, 2006, 03:43:52 AM »

The best part of the letter other than the date:

We would like to assure the fans that everything in our power will be done to meet this date. Once it is finalized and official, you will be notified. If we are delayed for unseen reasons, you also will be notified as soon as possible in regard to a new date, and the album will be released as shortly thereafter as is possible. We thank you for your patience.

This reminds me of Bumblefoot. When there were rumors about him and the band back in 2004 he immediately told his fans the true about what was going on, he didn't just leave them wondering what was going on. That's unlike the strategy adopted by Merck, who always thought cryptic messages to give people hope was a better idea for whatever reasons (sell more tickets? who knows). It's also funny to remember that Bumble was criticized by Merck at the time for treating his fans correctly.

There's not a better example of how an artist should relate to its fans than Bumblefoot. Hell, not just fans but people in general. He's such a wonderful guy and I'm convinced he's had some influence on Axl that lead to the paragraph I quoted above.

Anyway, I'd like to thank Axl for writing this letter and wish the band luck in getting the release out early next year.

Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #710 on: December 17, 2006, 03:50:30 AM »

There's not a better example of how an artist should relate to its fans than Bumblefoot. Hell, not just fans but people in general. He's such a wonderful guy and I'm convinced he's had some influence on Axl that lead to the paragraph I quoted above.

It's definitely a lot better than some dude sitting there all strung-out and saying "fuck that shit Axl, I'm gonna stay here and do some more heroin man."

yes
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #711 on: December 17, 2006, 04:01:55 AM »

We would like to assure the fans that everything in our power will be done to meet this date. Once it is finalized and official, you will be notified. If we are delayed for unseen reasons, you also will be notified as soon as possible in regard to a new date, and the album will be released as shortly thereafter as is possible. We thank you for your patience.

This reminds me of Bumblefoot. When there were rumors about him and the band back in 2004 he immediately told his fans the true about what was going on, he didn't just leave them wondering what was going on. That's unlike the strategy adopted by Merck, who always thought cryptic messages to give people hope was a better idea for whatever reasons (sell more tickets? who knows). It's also funny to remember that Bumble was criticized by Merck at the time for treating his fans correctly.

Anyway, I'd like to thank Axl for writing this letter and wish the band luck in getting the release out early next year.

where did you hear merck critised bfoot

I have never seen so many tree
ben9785
« Reply #712 on: December 17, 2006, 04:37:40 AM »

Thanks to everybody who replied to my post. Sorry if it stretched on, but I was happy people understood where I was coming from, and for the people who sent PMs as well, it blew me away.

I can't believe people are still doubting this letter and what's going on.

With absolutely NO disrespect to Merck, for starters, before anything else, from this point, there won't be any of these cryptic statements, or vague answers, or press quotations like "x tuesdays left in 2006" or whatever. Don't know who will be speaking to us from this point, but Axl himself has said that we will be kept more in touch as the release date gets closer.

I truly thought the album would come out this year. And Axl did too. But as I did truly also believe, there could have been things that came up, legalities, and the unexpected issues with Merck. But it all makes sense, and it sucks, but I accept it because it is reasonable and once again Axl took the time to make sure this information gets out to us.

I think from this point on, as further developments come to hand, it's not going to be as difficult anymore.

Anybody who doubts this in any way.. just don't waste your time, seriously.

I don't care about record release date rumours. I don't care about what I read in the press. I don't care about what I read anywhere else. I'm not about to start on this whole "200X is the year of Guns and Roses" rubbish, but I feel confident that the release of the album is more definite than ever. It is obvious Axl himself is ready to get the album out. The tentative release date is just a bonus.

I'm not coming to you as a joykiller. I'm not biased completely to the band. I'm not trying to compromise your free speech. I'm not trying to tell you what is right and wrong. I'm just offering my opinion.

I was confident the album was going to come out. Sure, it didn't come out in 2006, shame, but it's all going to work out.

Thanks for your consideration.

P.S. Yeah I'm pretty sure "Better" is going to be the big single. Axl has obviously stuck with his plan to hold back the big guns. Out of all those songs they've played, sure, "Better" is not the most groundbreaking, but if there's any song that has the potential to make an impact on the market and the music industry as it stands today, it's this song.   
« Last Edit: December 17, 2006, 04:43:41 AM by ben114 » Logged
Billo
VIP

"soon" is the word....SOON :)

« Reply #713 on: December 17, 2006, 05:30:07 AM »

Well im sad the Album got delayed longer but Glad we got things cleared up bye Axl.... peace
Hopefully well be updated on any changes if plans change.. keep the faith all..3 months is nothing...least  there still busy..and the new songs are still Awesome.. ok

If u love guns the wait it allmost over..HEHE
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #714 on: December 17, 2006, 05:55:09 AM »

where did you hear merck critised bfoot

he doesn`t say that merck criticised bumblefoot.....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #715 on: December 17, 2006, 07:39:24 AM »

Thank you Beta.? The people that claim they saw Merck in Dec. are possibly lying, but even more likely misinformed and would not be capable of picking him out in a lineup of monkeys.? I think from now on I'll just check the latest posts from Jarmo, Mysteron and Beta because nothing else really matters anymore.? The speculation is no longer worth my time.  Axl has communicated to us in a way that he hasn't in quite a long time.  I'm pumped and ready for March and looking forward to the next time GN'R come back to NYC!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2006, 07:41:15 AM by 14 Yrs Of Silence » Logged

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Montrealrocks
Rocker

Get on board...or fuck off!

« Reply #716 on: December 17, 2006, 08:52:20 AM »

It's possible that he saw  Halifax and left, but he was there in Ottawa and Quebec for sure.  Right before Halifax!

Thanks Beta for all the answers,  really appreciated!

@gnrworld on twitter

Montreal 17/05/88
Montreal 08/08/1992
New York 14/05/2006
Ottawa 17/11/2006
Quebec 18/11/2006
Montreal 27/01/2010
Quebec 01/02/2010
Quebec 12/07/2013
Montreal 14/07/2
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #717 on: December 17, 2006, 10:36:00 AM »

Beta seems so lovely in her answers.
In fact i just discover she's on this board now and i read all her answers.
good to have so little informations.
but i laughed a lot about the form.

so Welcome Beta, and please, if someday you'll answer to me, do it with some nice manners hihi

Beijos

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #718 on: December 17, 2006, 10:43:54 AM »

She seems really cool , hey beta got any biohistory to sahre with us fans , like where you grew up what other muci you like. you like playing pacman...that kind of thing
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #719 on: December 17, 2006, 10:46:49 AM »

I am glad Axl too the time and thought to address the fans. I am really excited about March 6th. I think it says allot for Axl's character.

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 55 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: