Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 08:32:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228489 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  An open letter to the fans from Axl - Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 55 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An open letter to the fans from Axl - Discussion  (Read 158826 times)
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #680 on: December 16, 2006, 11:27:23 PM »

Jarmo why dodge the question? The people that saw merck at the december shows, if he was fired why would he be there? I am just curious. If that was not him then just say that was not him and someone that looks like him.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2006, 11:29:49 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #681 on: December 16, 2006, 11:29:59 PM »

Jarmo why dodge the question? The people that saw merck at the december shows, if he was fired why would he be there? I am just curious.

Why do you keep asking me? You know best anyway.

You've been registered here for ages, it's obvious you know who wrote what and when.

I answered your question. You keep avoiding the questions aimed at you.

Didn't you get enough attention in the other thread?

You really are acting like an attention seeker....

I really suggest you take a break or we'll have to make sure you do. Like all the others who are here to stir up shit.

I bet you're posting shit here so I'll ban you, so you can be the fucking martyr you dream of being.

To "prove" yet another of your theories.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
EFISH
« Reply #682 on: December 16, 2006, 11:31:49 PM »

Jeez, Dave just NEVER gives up eh?  Roll Eyes hihi
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #683 on: December 17, 2006, 12:05:31 AM »

Back on topic....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #684 on: December 17, 2006, 12:11:09 AM »

The first benchmark for March 6 to happen is the turnover of the album. I hope we hear stirrings of this transfer during this time period.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #685 on: December 17, 2006, 12:26:06 AM »

a video or radio play or talk show perforamnce may be a good indicator as well
Gagarin
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #686 on: December 17, 2006, 12:31:17 AM »

LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE. rofl

Roll Eyes

Anyway.

Sounds like a 10,000 word essay on the making of this band / album would be a very interesting read.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #687 on: December 17, 2006, 12:34:07 AM »

The first benchmark for March 6 to happen is the turnover of the album. I hope we hear stirrings of this transfer during this time period.

If everything remains on track for March 6th, I'm hopeful for a single sometime between Jan 15th and Feb 1.  That would be surreal, at this point. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
EFISH
« Reply #688 on: December 17, 2006, 12:36:00 AM »

If everything remains on track for March 6th, I'm hopeful for a single sometime between Jan 15th and Feb 1.  That would be surreal, at this point. 
Completey agree. Mid-January seems pretty right, and then to launch the video in February, and then the album in March. Its gonna be some pretty crazy stuff!

I wonder if the video (if there is one, which I think there will be) will make it to TRL.  drool
cybercurves
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #689 on: December 17, 2006, 01:10:37 AM »

Still wondering what the first single will be.  It was never confirmed that "Better" would be the first single.  Yes Harley bought licensing to use a portion of that song for one of their commercials doesn't necessarly mean that will be the first single.  It probably will...but with GNR you never know, lol.
FairyLace
« Reply #690 on: December 17, 2006, 01:10:47 AM »

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Im signing out. This place and I just dont mix.

Take care & ?peace out.
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #691 on: December 17, 2006, 01:14:28 AM »

Completey agree. Mid-January seems pretty right, and then to launch the video in February, and then the album in March. Its gonna be some pretty crazy stuff!

I wonder if the video (if there is one, which I think there will be) will make it to TRL.  drool

Mtv and vh1 stll play videos like at 2-5 in the morning
EFISH
« Reply #692 on: December 17, 2006, 01:14:58 AM »

Still wondering what the first single will be.  It was never confirmed that "Better" would be the first single.  Yes Harley bought licensing to use a portion of that song for one of their commercials doesn't necessarly mean that will be the first single.  It probably will...but with GNR you never know, lol.

Its gotta be Better.

-It was used in the Harlery ad.

- It deffinetly will apeal to the general public.

-We've already heard it, so it's not an un-heard one before the album

- It'd make a kickass music video!

-Most first single's are nice rockers!

It'd make a really kickass music video! So would Maddy but no way will Maddy be the first single.

Either way, I'm fucking pumped!
EFISH
« Reply #693 on: December 17, 2006, 01:15:39 AM »

Mtv and vh1 stll play videos like at 2-5 in the morning
Yeah but TRL is like the BIG music video thing. If they get on there, then it'd be safe to say that GNR are back in the mainstream.  Cheesy
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #694 on: December 17, 2006, 01:16:55 AM »

The first single should not be better. It should be the best rock track on the album. It should alsobe something we have not heard before. Its been said by a few people (Josh Freese and Buckmaster) that prostitute is one of the strongest tracks on the album, so maybe it should be that.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #695 on: December 17, 2006, 01:20:39 AM »

The first single should not be better. It should be the best rock track on the album. It should alsobe something we have not heard before. Its been said by a few people (Josh Freese and Buckmaster) that prostitute is one of the strongest tracks on the album, so maybe it should be that.

Yes, it's been said.....as of 1999.

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
cybercurves
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #696 on: December 17, 2006, 01:21:36 AM »

Whatever it is ("Better" being the odds on favorite),  it'll kick ass!!!  ok
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #697 on: December 17, 2006, 01:25:01 AM »

I wouldn't be surprised that Chinese Democracy changes the landscape of music. ?I believe 2007 will be the year of rock with the casual fan or the general public probaly wonder where Axl has been and seeing a video with Better would be nothing more to say WERE BAAAACK !!!!!! so long to the overly commercialized rap ( I love rap but its not what it used to be) Emo My Chemical Romance, Panic of the disco, Fall Out Boy BYE BYE !!! Axl is gonna be back on the map and as for Velvet Revolver ha ?ha ha have fun with bandmates who are still stuck in the time machine. ?TRL a good fit probaly not but I mean if Eminem and 50 go on their Im pretty sure Axl would too that would be somethin else Axl on TRL the time has come the wait was long but NEVER GIVE UP cause you never know when you might just wake up one morning and see a video. ?Well all waited long and now its paying off GUNS N ROSES WELCOME TO THE NEW YEAR.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #698 on: December 17, 2006, 01:25:07 AM »

I don't think you should just discount it because it's something we already heard. I think Better would make an excellent first single. It's rocks like the old band but it has a completely modern sound. It's a great song to introduce fans of the old songs to the new sound. ?

Prostitute very well may be great but that doesn't necessarily make it the best choice for a first single.
EFISH
« Reply #699 on: December 17, 2006, 01:27:02 AM »

Every single person I've shown Better to, has LOVED IT!

One chick I know from my school, went to see this version of GNR live just because I showed her Better and shes been obsessed with it! Haha  hihi

Its going to be BIG.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 55 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: