Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 06:32:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228489 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  An open letter to the fans from Axl - Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 55 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An open letter to the fans from Axl - Discussion  (Read 158781 times)
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #640 on: December 16, 2006, 05:34:27 PM »

Nice to hear a tentative date from Axl; at least there's no more speculation. 
gnfnr2006
« Reply #641 on: December 16, 2006, 05:34:40 PM »

Thanks Beta !
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #642 on: December 16, 2006, 05:37:47 PM »

Thanks Beta.

People who have no idea love to speculate....

And then we have those who are never happy.? Roll Eyes

/jarmo

and then we have us who believe in axl and this band Roll Eyes

Beta is the greatest love
sami ben tovim
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #643 on: December 16, 2006, 05:41:38 PM »

out of the subject Tongue....
can anyone post me a good photo of the g n r letters that are written like chinese letters
that on stage? i want to have this tatoo and i need a good photo.
thanx ok
sixgnr
Rocker

I know it's only Rock N' Roll but I like it!

« Reply #644 on: December 16, 2006, 05:45:10 PM »

I'd love it to be true, but I'm highly skeptical.  I find it troubling that Axl split from MM, and believe it was probably because Merck was trying to force him to put the album out. 

There's just no reason for all of these "delays" it makes no sense.  But again, I'd love to be wrong.

Why do you find troubling that Axl split from Merck? You believe...you believe...you believe... and you should believe you are wrong because you are wrong. Merck was fired days before Thanksgiving and not because he was trying to force Axl to put an album out. There are much more going on between management and the artist than the album. You can assume anything you want and you're still wrong on your assumptions. Axl wrote a letter to the fans and, people like you try everything to turn it around. First the complaints  that he never communicates with the fans, than, when he does, you call him  a liar. What do you know about making an album? How many did you write? Your quote:"I'd love to be wrong", your wish came true, you are wrong.
Thanks Beta! Many people talk about something that don't know and we are forced to read a lot of useless post.
P.S.: I have to send you the photo with you when we met in Italy

I'm Fuckin' Innocent!
Turin '92 + Milan & Zurich 2006 + Helsinki-Aalborg-Roma-Milano-Zurich 2010
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #645 on: December 16, 2006, 05:57:52 PM »

we can't all have the chance to know personally Axl or the band. 
if speculation exists, it's because of the lack of information from them, at first.   
we can't blame people who loves GNR to want to know a little bit more than nothing.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #646 on: December 16, 2006, 06:12:18 PM »

we can't all have the chance to know personally Axl or the band. 
if speculation exists, it's because of the lack of information from them, at first.   
we can't blame people who loves GNR to want to know a little bit more than nothing.

I know. But what I'm talking about is the negative side of things. Always speculating about the negative.

Like always putting blame on the band.

Somehow 1 + 1 seems to equal 3 for many people.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #647 on: December 16, 2006, 06:16:51 PM »

Frankly, I'm embarrassed that Beta and Axl have to come here or write a letter to us explaining things. They've got better things to worry about, yet they come here to set the record straight. I've been a bit negative in the past, but when press releases and letters and statements clear things up, that should be the end of it.

In this case, the end of it is that the album is due in March. Enjoy the knowledge. Knowledge is power.

Montrealrocks
Rocker

Get on board...or fuck off!

« Reply #648 on: December 16, 2006, 06:19:42 PM »

out of the subject Tongue....
can anyone post me a good photo of the g n r letters that are written like chinese letters
that on stage? i want to have this tatoo and i need a good photo.
thanx ok

Buy yourself a T-SHirt from the tour...That's my next tattoo too.

beer

@gnrworld on twitter

Montreal 17/05/88
Montreal 08/08/1992
New York 14/05/2006
Ottawa 17/11/2006
Quebec 18/11/2006
Montreal 27/01/2010
Quebec 01/02/2010
Quebec 12/07/2013
Montreal 14/07/2
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #649 on: December 16, 2006, 06:25:20 PM »

I question anyone that can find something negative to say after that letter.  To criticize now is a little ridiculous.

Axl stated "minor, Very Minor" things are left.

The album in my opinion is finished. Minor things to me consist of:

1.Artwork, Liner notes, packaging, maybe the mastering process.

I would speculate that the album is being mastered now. Mastering, correct me if Im wrong takes anywhere from 2 weeks to a month to finish.

So if the mastering and the mix sounds great, Axl can have it turned in by the first of January, 8 weeks would put the album out March 6th.

If something happens and GNR arent happy with the mix or mastering, they may have to redo it which would push it back another couple of weeks.

I say January will be video and Single preparations.

Most bands put out their first single 6 to 8 weeks before the album is released. So If all goes as planned, id say we will get a single around Super Bowl time.

Maybe a GNR commercial at the Super Bowl, that would be awesome.

So once again, why the negativity? its not like they are still recording.

I honestly believe Axl tried everything in his power to get the album finished and out by 2006. I think management screwed up thinking they could do it in 3 which is impossible.

Lets just all be happy Axl is smart enough and has the sense enough to know that u have to promote an album no matter how great it is.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #650 on: December 16, 2006, 06:30:32 PM »

Thanks.  That answers a lot of question for me.

And as someone else pointed out...it must be hard to do while touring.  Let's hope we are on the fast track now ok

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #651 on: December 16, 2006, 06:39:13 PM »

we can't all have the chance to know personally Axl or the band.?
if speculation exists, it's because of the lack of information from them, at first.? ?

I know. But what I'm talking about is the negative side of things. Always speculating about the negative.

Like always putting blame on the band.

Somehow 1 + 1 seems to equal 3 for many people.....

/jarmo

Yes but where there is room for speculation, the truth could be positive or negative, so people will consider the positive and the negative, and they will base their conclusions on what they consider to be the balance of probabilities.

I would'nt do that if I were you.
JohnMorrison73
Banned
VIP

CRIME SCENE SLUNK

« Reply #652 on: December 16, 2006, 06:45:09 PM »

yeah i guess me, efish, and lara share bdays

i hope its true this time!

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #653 on: December 16, 2006, 06:50:16 PM »

yeah i guess me, efish, and lara share bdays

i hope its true this time!

but they aren't listed in the calender on 6th march?
FairyLace
« Reply #654 on: December 16, 2006, 07:01:39 PM »

I'd love it to be true, but I'm highly skeptical.? I find it troubling that Axl split from MM, and believe it was probably because Merck was trying to force him to put the album out.?

There's just no reason for all of these "delays" it makes no sense.? But again, I'd love to be wrong.

Why do you find troubling that Axl split from Merck? You believe...you believe...you believe... and you should believe you are wrong because you are wrong. Merck was fired days before Thanksgiving and not because he was trying to force Axl to put an album out. There are much more going on between management and the artist than the album. You can assume anything you want and you're still wrong on your assumptions. Axl wrote a letter to the fans and, people like you try everything to turn it around. First the complaints ?that he never communicates with the fans, than, when he does, you call him ?a liar. What do you know about making an album? How many did you write? Your quote:"I'd love to be wrong", your wish came true, you are wrong.

Actually alot of people have made a complete turnaround and are really postive about it all....a lot of people are thanking Axl for the letter - which is great.

So it seems you are the one seeking out the negative...by replying to the 000.1% of people who have reacted negatively to this letter.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #655 on: December 16, 2006, 07:02:15 PM »

I'd love it to be true, but I'm highly skeptical.  I find it troubling that Axl split from MM, and believe it was probably because Merck was trying to force him to put the album out. 

There's just no reason for all of these "delays" it makes no sense.  But again, I'd love to be wrong.

Why do you find troubling that Axl split from Merck? You believe...you believe...you believe... and you should believe you are wrong because you are wrong. Merck was fired days before Thanksgiving and not because he was trying to force Axl to put an album out. There are much more going on between management and the artist than the album. You can assume anything you want and you're still wrong on your assumptions. Axl wrote a letter to the fans and, people like you try everything to turn it around. First the complaints  that he never communicates with the fans, than, when he does, you call him  a liar. What do you know about making an album? How many did you write? Your quote:"I'd love to be wrong", your wish came true, you are wrong.

Yikes.

I can't believe anyone is not euphoric about Axl's statement. It was enough for me. As close to a Christmas present as I could wish. 

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Ak1nney
Rocker

« Reply #656 on: December 16, 2006, 07:12:17 PM »

CD would have been the best present.

But this date is a great stocking stuffer!
Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #657 on: December 16, 2006, 07:23:11 PM »

Your quote:"I'd love to be wrong", your wish came true, you are wrong.

Okay, ouch.  I'm not calling him a liar.  I believe he believes what he says.  But despite his best intentions, things don't always follow through and it's always someone else's fault.  Now, it's MM's fault.  Who, although I don't know the particulars of course, seemed to champion Axl like not a lot of other people are willing to do right now. 

If we get to spring and the album still is not out because of someone else's fault or "unforseeable" delays, well....what do you want me to say here?  If I'm wrong, prove it.  Because I would love that.  I've been a fan for almost twenty years now. 
nooz
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #658 on: December 16, 2006, 07:52:52 PM »

I'd love it to be true, but I'm highly skeptical.? I find it troubling that Axl split from MM, and believe it was probably because Merck was trying to force him to put the album out.?

There's just no reason for all of these "delays" it makes no sense.? But again, I'd love to be wrong.

Why do you find troubling that Axl split from Merck? You believe...you believe...you believe... and you should believe you are wrong because you are wrong. Merck was fired days before Thanksgiving and not because he was trying to force Axl to put an album out. There are much more going on between management and the artist than the album. You can assume anything you want and you're still wrong on your assumptions. Axl wrote a letter to the fans and, people like you try everything to turn it around. First the complaints ?that he never communicates with the fans, than, when he does, you call him ?a liar. What do you know about making an album? How many did you write? Your quote:"I'd love to be wrong", your wish came true, you are wrong.

Not many can imagine the reasons it gets so intense when Music, Money, Power and Influence are all jockeying for position around an artist. So they speculate?.and often in these weird moment they worry?aloud?to their friends?.on this board. At least they use to and once upon a time in a land far far away that was permissible?

She is right in one regard it makes no sense looking at it from the outside in.

That?s why we buy the records.

Don't worry about the bark you just received from Beta at least she didn?t just make you disappear. ?:rant:No one in California really practices saying nice things to people; especially when things hit the spin cycle...Don?t take it personally.

Take heart Ax is with a good group of musicians, those nine sets of eyes will figure out who is carving a hole in the bottom of their boat pretty fast?. then they will get to safer waters?it?s a segue not the end of the road, when cooler heads prevail there will be an answer. ?beer

flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #659 on: December 16, 2006, 07:57:29 PM »

hey beta !!!

Jerrold from modestohere ,lol.

Tell axl he kicked some serious ass last nightin Oakland !!!

My first ever Gnr concert , the man after going through all of this turmoil , came out and was strictly business.

WOW ....what a great show that was
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 55 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: