Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 04:53:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228489 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  An open letter to the fans from Axl - Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 55 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An open letter to the fans from Axl - Discussion  (Read 158733 times)
gnrbacik
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #600 on: December 15, 2006, 10:52:54 PM »

Great fuckin news!
marknroses
VIP

"Ain't It Fun"

« Reply #601 on: December 15, 2006, 11:12:07 PM »

Axl Rose finally did it.
He finally "spoke" to his fans. Rather than hiding in the club or backstage, he came out to his fans and he was honest.

Im glad he's stopped the tour. He has business to take care of, and then he can return to stage and prove his new GNR is worth the old one.
MNW

"I guess I like who I am now. I'd like to have a little more internal peace...I'm sure everybody would" (Axl Rose R.S. 4/1992)
MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #602 on: December 15, 2006, 11:22:23 PM »

I'm postin here in hopes it don't get delted like everthing else around Here, but DAMN, I've been Rocking to the BLUES from 2002 BOSTON and that's the Best BLUES EVER. I HOPE THAT WHEN THEY FINALLY DOB RELEASE THIS HISPTIC MOTHER FUCKER the blues sounds just as good.

Because that version is BETTER than anything AXL has done in 2006.

AND before I get flamed, yes I do like the 2006 (tour) more than 2002. Hell I like it more than 1987-1993.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #603 on: December 15, 2006, 11:28:27 PM »

I'm postin here in hopes it don't get delted like everthing else around Here, but DAMN, I've been Rocking to the BLUES from 2002 BOSTON and that's the Best BLUES EVER. I HOPE THAT WHEN THEY FINALLY DOB RELEASE THIS HISPTIC MOTHER FUCKER the blues sounds just as good.

Because that version is BETTER than anything AXL has done in 2006.

AND before I get flamed, yes I do like the 2006 (tour) more than 2002. Hell I like it more than 1987-1993.

Dude, the only reason something like this would get deleted is because it's in the wrong section!   Wink 

BTW, I too think Boston '02 Blues are the best, but I'm biased since I was there.   beer  (Rock-Am-Ring's damn close though! as was Meadowlands Nov.5th, in person, up-close!, Axl up on the damn piano!  Fuck yeah!)

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
mofo91105
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #604 on: December 15, 2006, 11:37:37 PM »

I would love to believe that this is really true, but we are talking about a band that has been plagued with every conceivable disaster that is humanly possible. Until I see a physical album will I really believe that Chinese Democracy is coming out March 6th. I hate to be the cynic, but this has happened before, and while it now has come from Axl, one can only imagine what will happen leading up to March 6th to plague the release. You can say Merck is gone, but this is the new GNR, where we have seen, anything can still, and is most likely, to happen. Seeing them live is enough for me, I am much awaiting the album as well, but noting replaces live for me.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #605 on: December 16, 2006, 12:18:00 AM »

Well I just wanted to say im very happy that Axl put this out, man it makes me so proud to be a GNR fan when he puts somehting out like this..Its unfortunate him and Merck split up but I guess its best for the band..All the power to ya Axl

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Casey Shelton
« Reply #606 on: December 16, 2006, 01:07:56 AM »

Way way cool!  I'm glad Axl waited for "his muse" to show up.  Why push it when you've put 10 years into this monsterous bitch.  And what a fuckin bitch its been for us all...eh?!?

Lets put the muse shit to rest.  If in Feb of 2004 Axl went ot the studio and couldn't find his muse with Better on the table and waited another month or two or shit 6 whole months until "she" showed up for him to make Better what it is today......then fuckin-a that little miss muse is worth waitin for.

I can wait 3 more fuckin months for this bitch to show up on the shelves.  This is great fuckin news people, now we know Democracy will get the billing and promotion it deserves.  Fuck, we'll probably get a month or so of repeated commercials promoted the fuck out of the greatest "to be" album of all time.

And the timing will be perfect for the HD commerical, it thats still in the cards, cuz Harley will want to make a push for their bikes as the warmer weather approaches.  Hats off to Merck, he just ran his mouth a bit too much.  I was still kinda bitchy about his album by the end of 2005 proclamation.  r'member that one??

BUMBLE'S ON THE ALBUM...................FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!   And AXL, IT IS NOT "JUST AN ALBUM". 
Puhhhhhhh-leaze!!!!!!  Was AFD just an album??!!??  Oh hell no.  Was Toys in the Attic or Physical Gaffitti just an albumn to you.  How about WASP??  Just a band??  I mean Axl what's your favorite album album of all time that inspired you to transform form Bill Bailey to W. Axl Rose- the legendary frontman??  Yeah well whatever album that is it inspired you to make the greatest rock music of the modern world.  So actually now that i'm ramblin I say Chinese Democracy cant be the greatest album of all time cuz whatever the greatest album of all time is to you than that would be the greatest album of all time cuz it made you.......Who made who?

Just an album.......huh?, eh? what??

ROCK ON AXL, DIZZY, ROBIN, TOMMY, RICHARD, RON, FRANK, CHRIS, BRIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!

GNFNRAXL
« Reply #607 on: December 16, 2006, 01:16:10 AM »

i wondwer how many people here that are so happy now are the same ones whe guarenteed it would be out by years end, and flamed those who thought different?
Probably a lot.? On the other side, how many of the "if it's not out in 2006, i'm done" are so happy now with a tentative 2007 date?

Well as one of those who said that if CD is not out by 2006 I'm done.? I can tell you that the reason I will accept to wait a little more is that the BIG DIFFERENCE this time is that, not only did we get a tour, but we got an explanation from Axl himself and a tentative release date.? And that was something that was long overdue.? He at least showed he cares and respects us and that he appreciates our patience and support.? And a little appreciation will do a lot.? ?ok
2007what!
Banned
Rocker

Shut Up And Be A Victim Of Authority

« Reply #608 on: December 16, 2006, 01:45:42 AM »

i wondwer how many people here that are so happy now are the same ones whe guarenteed it would be out by years end, and flamed those who thought different?
Probably a lot.? On the other side, how many of the "if it's not out in 2006, i'm done" are so happy now with a tentative 2007 date?

Well as one of those who said that if CD is not out by 2006 I'm done.? I can tell you that the reason I will accept to wait a little more is that the BIG DIFFERENCE this time is that, not only did we get a tour, but we got an explanation from Axl himself and a tentative release date.? And that was something that was long overdue.? He at least showed he cares and respects us and that he appreciates our patience and support.? And a little appreciation will do a lot.? ?ok

i love it how these fans who keep giving axl ultimatums and threaten to quit being a fan if axl doesn't deliver the good when they say so, always jump aboard again the next time positive news shows up. gotta love a hypoocrit.

you can find him at the pub with the grub stain chuggin on a small tub of pain to his bugged brain
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #609 on: December 16, 2006, 01:56:16 AM »

This might be a bit of a long post, but if you'd just allow me once chance. I guess you could consider this one of many open responses to Axl's letter, from a fan.

I really don't know what to say.
Personally, what an absolute SHITHOLE month it has been for me. The already shit year has ended on the worst possible note. The best girl I ever met in my life left me, my grandfather passed away, i lost friends who moved away or who died, matters with my parents and my extended family have absolutely gone to shit, work is frustrating, generally I've felt really crap. Music is the biggest anchor in my life. People say it's just an album.. well music is what keeps me going, bands I love, new music, little things like that keep me happy and Guns and Roses is a big part of that.

Coming here and seeing this information and the letter.. Has made me feel joy that I haven't felt for the better part of 7 or 8 months. I don't care if you think i'm lame, sad and hopeless or whatever shit like that. This is the best news I've heard all year from anybody about anything.

I was doubting we'd ever get a response. Reading this letter I felt like I was going to cry. I've read it about 10 times now, and every time I read it, I grin like a fucking serial killer and nod my head up and down without end. It is with the most pleasure in my life that I read through every single post on this 29 or so page thread, and it was the best 5 or 10 minutes.

Whether it comes out March 6, or March 16, or March 26, whatever I don't care. I'd like to thank Axl ultimately, for expressing his appreciation and gratitude to us, and taking two or three minutes out of his day to approve the letter and have it sent out to us. I don't mean that in a sarcastic way, that is the absolute truth, because obviously a man of his stature, he has legal people to compose this stuff for him, completely understandable. I'd like to thank him for thinking of us. And thank him for the explanation he's given us, and not only that, but indications of a release date.

Considering aforementioned personal trauma, I don't really care for Christmas, and I particularly don't now, but that message is the best gift i ever got, because like I said, music is the biggest force in my life above anything, and I couldn't give a fuck what you have to say about that. Listening to the various live versions of songs off CD is an uplifting experience no matter how bad I feel; as I say music is a great power, and those songs like "madagascar" and "the blues" are amazing and give me something to aspire to.

I'm really finding it hard to put right words together, but I'd like to thank Axl and GNR for the great music and for their appreciation. And of course, Jarmo and everybody on this forum, this forum's been an ongoing curiosity in my life, and it's something I like to come back to.

GUNS AND ROSES
CHINESE DEMOCRACY
MARCH 2007 (tentative)

I can wait for a release date. Right now, I've never been prouder to be a Guns and Roses fan.
I'm sitting in an internet cafe in Sydney (town hall) wearing my guns and roses chinese democracy world tour 02 shirt, and I've never been more pleased to wear it. And if I had an amp with me (I've got my guitar, going to jam with a mate), you bet your fucking life I'd be on pitt street mall (a main business area in sydney city), I'd be blasting out rough versions of all the new songs, regardless of passers by' disgust at my horrible voice, proud to be singing guns and roses, proud to be singing these songs, and proud to be telling all the disbelievers who have doubted me and laughed at me over the last 5-6 years as to the album's release.

I have absolutely no doubt this album is going to come out.

And to sum it up (because I was never good at words)..

I CAN'T FUCKING WAIT.

Thank you for reading my letter.

Merry Xmas to Axl and all the members of GNR, and everybody here.

Ben

Great post and I agree 100 percent.

GNR and Axl got me through the worst time of my life from 2002 to 2004 and thats why I get so passionate and bitch at people who say "GNR are just a band" CD is just an album, Axl is just a singer.

Thats not true cause GNR and Axl are way more than just some Rock band and that album DOES matter more than I think even he knows.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #610 on: December 16, 2006, 03:46:21 AM »

well,axl said one grewat thing "this is just an album"

and right way for this is:advertising,single,video and realising

I have never seen so many tree
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #611 on: December 16, 2006, 04:09:53 AM »

i love it how these fans who keep giving axl ultimatums and threaten to quit being a fan if axl doesn't deliver the good when they say so, always jump aboard again the next time positive news shows up. gotta love a hypoocrit.

You are allowed your opinion.  But like I said.  At least we got a tentative date.  I do not consider that I gave him an ultimatum because who am I to do that.  Not like he is going to listen.  But had we not had a release date I would've lost interest because what would've been the point to keep an interest if he can't deliver.  But that is not the case.  He showed us he cared and respected us.  If that makes me a hypocrit then so be it.  Not like I value your opinion.   Tongue
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #612 on: December 16, 2006, 05:35:24 AM »

what a nice thing to do from Axl, I mean doing this open letter. Axl choosed to do this, as he didn't have to do it. I hope this letter shuts all these bullshit posts that are ripping all the hard work that Axl has done for us, for fans.. he has singing and performing his ass off for giving us a good show and there have been so much good shows.

One thing is a bit question mark for me is what happened with Merck. I thought he was a loyal friend and support for Axl.. 
DarrenLeves
Rocker

Rock In Hull

« Reply #613 on: December 16, 2006, 09:43:37 AM »

this is good news dont know why the statement wasnt made sooner though. I also wonder If Merck was actually pushed? or did he jump?
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #614 on: December 16, 2006, 09:58:59 AM »

this is good news dont know why the statement wasnt made sooner though. I also wonder If Merck was actually pushed? or did he jump?

Why bother asking ourselves why it wasn't made earlier(the statement)?  The important thing is he did it now.  Be happy with that.   ok
estranged88
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #615 on: December 16, 2006, 10:40:18 AM »

Nice letter, the word tenative scares me.

Why do you cook stove top in the oven???
bdmcn
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #616 on: December 16, 2006, 11:03:23 AM »

It will be released on March 20, 2007.
Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #617 on: December 16, 2006, 11:56:05 AM »

I'd love it to be true, but I'm highly skeptical.  I find it troubling that Axl split from MM, and believe it was probably because Merck was trying to force him to put the album out. 

There's just no reason for all of these "delays" it makes no sense.  But again, I'd love to be wrong.
PeterCoffin
Rocker

don't wear floppy pants

« Reply #618 on: December 16, 2006, 11:57:25 AM »

Honestly, I think Axl wisened up a little. Looks like he knows they need promotion - something MM apparently didn't agree with due to his "say nothing EVER" approach.

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #619 on: December 16, 2006, 12:04:18 PM »

I'd love it to be true, but I'm highly skeptical.  I find it troubling that Axl split from MM, and believe it was probably because Merck was trying to force him to put the album out. 

There's just no reason for all of these "delays" it makes no sense.  But again, I'd love to be wrong.

Actually, I'm pretty sure there are many reasons, that can't be talked about just now.

Just like Axl said in the letter, if you'd been paying attention.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 55 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: