Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 02:25:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228489 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  An open letter to the fans from Axl - Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 55 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An open letter to the fans from Axl - Discussion  (Read 158634 times)
XxWickeds10xX
Rocker

GNFNR

« Reply #580 on: December 15, 2006, 08:42:09 PM »

I respect Axl for coming out and setting straight some stuff. Yeah it should have been said a long time ago, but better late then never. Axl...you got my support, and I WILL be there March...or whenever!
Super-Ecwfan1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #581 on: December 15, 2006, 08:56:38 PM »

They can build and plan some big things for March 6th. I'm pleased he at least accepted responsibility and apologized. So Axl's got another new Manager ?
FairyLace
« Reply #582 on: December 15, 2006, 08:58:02 PM »

Why was that deleted? ?I wasnt shit stirring or making up lies. ?The response is true fact and I was asking the opinion of it from other people.

Seriously you moderators are taking it ?too far. ?Freedom of Speech is why we have have message boards...so we can speak our opinions. ?Stop trying to protect to 'offical' people who read this forum, why are you choosing them over your loyal posters? ?The posters are the one keeping this board going man. ?Those official people seem to have the right to say whatever they want - like wanting to sexually assault a certain member of this board with a microphone. ?That particular persons post was not deleted you know what message sends out - us 'little' people have less rights than the ones involved with gnr name. ?That kind of attitude belongs in a concertration camp.

Btw there are topics from months ago that are still on the first page! ?What does that tell you? ?YOu are controlling this place too much.

I guess this will be deleted. ?Un less I day something like....

Axl you rock my world. ?Thank you so much for everything yoouve given me. ?You are the king of the world and Iam not worthy of you. love love
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #583 on: December 15, 2006, 09:09:07 PM »

You spend too much time preaching about this freedom of speech.

I'm controlling this place too much? Why is that up to you to decide?

Maybe I feel I'm controlling it just enough?

I have never been into that whole popularity contest thing where I worry about what others think of what I do.

I do what I do and let others worry about the rest. If, in your opinion, I make bad decisions, I still know that I made those decisions on what I believe was right at the time. Not what I assumed you or anybody else thought I should be doing.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JimMorrison4
Rocker

« Reply #584 on: December 15, 2006, 09:09:52 PM »

Gosh Axl doesnt have to say much to get people loving him again.

Oh well I will put my faith in him again. ?Why fucken not. Grin ?Awesome Ax ?ok

peace

He gaves us exactly what we've been asking for.. a release date.

And since he said March 6, that means we should see Chinese Democracy hit the shelves by Christmas 2007. ?ok
key2gnr
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #585 on: December 15, 2006, 09:11:01 PM »

My 2nd post here... been a GNR fan since my teen years.... have been following the new band GNR and Chinese democracy since 1999. This might sound like a lame comment but I just want to say this.
I started a Phd, in 2001 and havent completed it yet... taking a long long time to write a thesis, plus I have been a procrastinator... etc. whatever...
and I was supposed to complete it this fall but didnt make it... you can feel the pressure building up specially from my gf... who wants to move on... and I'm still stuck in school...

All I have to say to AXL is LETS MAKE ?IT HAPPEN!... your Album and my degree... THIS SPRING!
Lets rule the world again...

Peace
Key2GNR.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #586 on: December 15, 2006, 09:15:52 PM »

Many complain (openly and behind "closed doors" ) about "Freedom of speech" but most of those stay..........

Why is that ?
Stonerose
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #587 on: December 15, 2006, 09:23:59 PM »

Thankyou Axl! Im so pleased that Axl wrote this letter! Just when i thought my excitment for the album was waining, Axl does this and my excitement level shoots right back up. Weve finally been given a tentative release date, im so excited, cant wait till march.

Once again, thankyou Axl for the comunication.
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #588 on: December 15, 2006, 09:33:01 PM »

It is the first official release date, if only 'tentative' (is this the new word to replace the retiring 'soon'...?), so that in itself is good news. The problem for me is that it seems that Axl can get away with anything, as far as most people on this board is concerned. Anyone heard of principals...? I mean the guy told us it would be out this year. Fact. He then tells us on 15 December that it won't be. Now, I appreciate the delays in releasing an album - I am GNR fan, Lord knows I know about delays! - but this statement seems a little late, in my opinion. Too little, too late. The album is 'tentative' for March 6 right...? How will you feel if they release a statement on March 2 indicating it will be another three months...?

The point is - this could go on forever. As much as I would love to believe the record is coming in March, I simply can't. Three months is plenty of time for more 'delays' to appear, especially in the world of GNR. I'm also concerned about the seemingly rocky relationship between Axl and Universal.

If the record comes in March I will be as happy as anyone else but - please! - enough of the "Axl has released a statement! Oh my God! Axl is da man! Thankyou Axl" crap. All the guy has done is told us that the train has been delayed again...
Survalli
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #589 on: December 15, 2006, 09:33:42 PM »

Many complain (openly and behind "closed doors" ) about "Freedom of speech" but most of those stay..........

Why is that ?

because this is the best freaking GNR fansite out there.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #590 on: December 15, 2006, 09:38:26 PM »

Why is that ?

There was alot of crap in the forum but without any official word no one could separate most of the crap from reality. Sometimes you have to clean out the fish tank once in a while or the fish will get surly and sick.

Yesterday, Axl cleaned out the tank. Taste that fresh chlorinated water. Yummy.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
rose_06
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #591 on: December 15, 2006, 09:57:07 PM »

This might be a bit of a long post, but if you'd just allow me once chance. I guess you could consider this one of many open responses to Axl's letter, from a fan.

I really don't know what to say.
Personally, what an absolute SHITHOLE month it has been for me. The already shit year has ended on the worst possible note. The best girl I ever met in my life left me, my grandfather passed away, i lost friends who moved away or who died, matters with my parents and my extended family have absolutely gone to shit, <a href="http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/?s=work">work</a> is frustrating, generally I've felt really crap. <a href="http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/archive/music">Music</a> is the biggest anchor in my life. People say it's just an album.. well <a href="http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/archive/music">music</a> is what keeps me going, bands I love, new <a href="http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/archive/music">music</a>, little things like that keep me happy and Guns and Roses is a big part of that.

Coming here and seeing this information and the letter.. Has made me feel joy that I haven't felt for the better part of 7 or 8 months. I don't care if you think i'm lame, sad and hopeless or whatever shit like that. This is the best news I've heard all year from anybody about anything.

I was doubting we'd ever get a response. Reading this letter I felt like I was going to cry. I've read it about 10 times now, and every time I read it, I grin like a fucking serial killer and nod my head up and down without end. It is with the most pleasure in my life that I read through every single post on this 29 or so page thread, and it was the best 5 or 10 minutes.

Whether it comes out March 6, or March 16, or March 26, whatever I don't care. I'd like to thank Axl ultimately, for expressing his appreciation and gratitude to us, and taking two or three minutes out of his day to approve the letter and have it sent out to us. I don't mean that in a sarcastic way, that is the absolute truth, because obviously a man of his stature, he has legal people to compose this stuff for him, completely understandable. I'd like to thank him for thinking of us. And thank him for the explanation he's given us, and not only that, but indications of a release date.

Considering aforementioned personal trauma, I don't really care for Christmas, and I particularly don't now, but that message is the best <a href="http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/search.php?q=gift">gift</a> i ever got, because like I said, <a href="http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/archive/music">music</a> is the biggest force in my life above anything, and I couldn't give a fuck what you have to say about that. Listening to the various live versions of songs off CD is an uplifting experience no matter how bad I feel; as I say <a href="http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/archive/music">music</a> is a great power, and those songs like "madagascar" and "the blues" are amazing and give me something to aspire to.

I'm really finding it hard to put right words together, but I'd like to thank Axl and GNR for the great <a href="http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/archive/music">music</a> and for their appreciation. And of course, Jarmo and everybody on this forum, this forum's been an ongoing curiosity in my life, and it's something I like to come back to.

GUNS AND ROSES
CHINESE DEMOCRACY
MARCH 2007 (tentative)

I can wait for a release date. Right now, I've never been prouder to be a Guns and Roses fan.
I'm sitting in an internet cafe in <a href="http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/search.php?q=sydney">Sydney</a> (town hall) wearing my guns and roses chinese democracy world tour 02 shirt, and I've never been more pleased to wear it. And if I had an amp with me (I've got my guitar, going to jam with a mate), you <a href="http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/?s=bet">bet</a> your fucking life I'd be on pitt street mall (a main <a href="http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/search.php?q=business">business</a> area in <a href="http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/search.php?q=sydney">sydney</a> city), I'd be blasting out rough versions of all the new songs, regardless of passers by' disgust at my horrible voice, proud to be singing guns and roses, proud to be singing these songs, and proud to be telling all the disbelievers who have doubted me and laughed at me over the last 5-6 years as to the album's release.

I have absolutely no doubt this album is going to come out.

And to sum it up (because I was never good at words)..

I CAN'T FUCKING WAIT.

Thank you for reading my letter.

Merry Xmas to Axl and all the members of GNR, and everybody here.

Ben

GOOD POST BEN!
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #592 on: December 15, 2006, 10:07:11 PM »

It is the first official release date, if only 'tentative' (is this the new word to replace the retiring 'soon'...?), so that in itself is good news. The problem for me is that it seems that Axl can get away with anything, as far as most people on this board is concerned. Anyone heard of principals...? I mean the guy told us it would be out this year. Fact. He then tells us on 15 December that it won't be. Now, I appreciate the delays in releasing an album - I am GNR fan, Lord knows I know about delays! - but this statement seems a little late, in my opinion. Too little, too late. The album is 'tentative' for March 6 right...? How will you feel if they release a statement on March 2 indicating it will be another three months...?

The point is - this could go on forever. As much as I would love to believe the record is coming in March, I simply can't. Three months is plenty of time for more 'delays' to appear, especially in the world of GNR. I'm also concerned about the seemingly rocky relationship between Axl and Universal.

If the record comes in March I will be as happy as anyone else but - please! - enough of the "Axl has released a statement! Oh my God! Axl is da man! Thankyou Axl" crap. All the guy has done is told us that the train has been delayed again...

Dude, I understand what you're saying, but this is what we've been bitching about for over a year. Now that he's done it I can't complain. I'm feeling more positive than I have in a long time. One of the things that pissed me off the most is the way the fans have been disrespected, especially by Mercks rs. com statement (which I take as a big slap in the face) but it does seem to me like Axl is trying to make amends with the fans.

Does this mean CD will be released in March? No, but I'm giving Axl the benefit of the doubt, we'll see what happens in the next three months...

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #593 on: December 15, 2006, 10:10:16 PM »

nothing we can do but hope whatever the camp's doing to make march 6 happen goes well..

this may have been some bad news but at least the bearer of bad news was the man himself.. and sounds to me like he genuinely wants this thing to come out asap now.. so cheers to that  beer

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #594 on: December 15, 2006, 10:20:25 PM »

Ben114, great post earlier in this thread.  This band can stir up some pretty raw emotions.
We're possibly less than 12 weeks away from Chinese Democracy.
A fired manager is even awe-struck by the quality of the album...we are in for one hell of an album!

beer

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #595 on: December 15, 2006, 10:21:26 PM »

at least the bearer of bad news was the man himself.. and sounds to me like he genuinely wants this thing to come out asap now.. so cheers to that  beer

Amen to that man!!! yes ok beer smoking peace
bombingrun
Opening Act

The Story Will Unfold

« Reply #596 on: December 15, 2006, 10:33:13 PM »

Yeah it's nice to get a statement however I'm not getting carried away just yet as this date is tentative.

As we begin to get one thing cleared up we seem to get  more confusion setting in!! nervous Huh

quote "..that has resulted, unfortunately, in the end of both Guns? and my managerial involvement with Merck Mercuriadis." 

Does this mean GNR will split after the rekease of the album?

Maybe the album will be released under a different band name??   Could that be the legal issue that's been holding everything up and why in the letter Axl writes "our record company and all involved believe and feel is a true Guns N? Roses album".

This all seems a bit weird and maybe I'm looking into things too deeply but that's what's been written.

peace
« Last Edit: December 16, 2006, 03:48:34 AM by jarmo » Logged
CaughtMeInaComa
« Reply #597 on: December 15, 2006, 10:37:58 PM »

I waited 14 years for this album, i think i can wait 3 more months. this is the first time a date has ever been said! believe it people. This statement will be all over the internet he can't back down without looking like a fool now!

YAY! finally. i can relax!
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #598 on: December 15, 2006, 10:45:27 PM »

This might be a bit of a long post, but if you'd just allow me once chance. I guess you could consider this one of many open responses to Axl's letter, from a fan.

I really don't know what to say.
Personally, what an absolute SHITHOLE month it has been for me. The already shit year has ended on the worst possible note. The best girl I ever met in my life left me, my grandfather passed away, i lost friends who moved away or who died, matters with my parents and my extended family have absolutely gone to shit, work is frustrating, generally I've felt really crap. Music is the biggest anchor in my life. People say it's just an album.. well music is what keeps me going, bands I love, new music, little things like that keep me happy and Guns and Roses is a big part of that.

Coming here and seeing this information and the letter.. Has made me feel joy that I haven't felt for the better part of 7 or 8 months. I don't care if you think i'm lame, sad and hopeless or whatever shit like that. This is the best news I've heard all year from anybody about anything.

I was doubting we'd ever get a response. Reading this letter I felt like I was going to cry. I've read it about 10 times now, and every time I read it, I grin like a fucking serial killer and nod my head up and down without end. It is with the most pleasure in my life that I read through every single post on this 29 or so page thread, and it was the best 5 or 10 minutes.

Whether it comes out March 6, or March 16, or March 26, whatever I don't care. I'd like to thank Axl ultimately, for expressing his appreciation and gratitude to us, and taking two or three minutes out of his day to approve the letter and have it sent out to us. I don't mean that in a sarcastic way, that is the absolute truth, because obviously a man of his stature, he has legal people to compose this stuff for him, completely understandable. I'd like to thank him for thinking of us. And thank him for the explanation he's given us, and not only that, but indications of a release date.

Considering aforementioned personal trauma, I don't really care for Christmas, and I particularly don't now, but that message is the best gift i ever got, because like I said, music is the biggest force in my life above anything, and I couldn't give a fuck what you have to say about that. Listening to the various live versions of songs off CD is an uplifting experience no matter how bad I feel; as I say music is a great power, and those songs like "madagascar" and "the blues" are amazing and give me something to aspire to.

I'm really finding it hard to put right words together, but I'd like to thank Axl and GNR for the great music and for their appreciation. And of course, Jarmo and everybody on this forum, this forum's been an ongoing curiosity in my life, and it's something I like to come back to.

GUNS AND ROSES
CHINESE DEMOCRACY
MARCH 2007 (tentative)

I can wait for a release date. Right now, I've never been prouder to be a Guns and Roses fan.
I'm sitting in an internet cafe in Sydney (town hall) wearing my guns and roses chinese democracy world tour 02 shirt, and I've never been more pleased to wear it. And if I had an amp with me (I've got my guitar, going to jam with a mate), you bet your fucking life I'd be on pitt street mall (a main business area in sydney city), I'd be blasting out rough versions of all the new songs, regardless of passers by' disgust at my horrible voice, proud to be singing guns and roses, proud to be singing these songs, and proud to be telling all the disbelievers who have doubted me and laughed at me over the last 5-6 years as to the album's release.

I have absolutely no doubt this album is going to come out.

And to sum it up (because I was never good at words)..

I CAN'T FUCKING WAIT.

Thank you for reading my letter.

Merry Xmas to Axl and all the members of GNR, and everybody here.

Ben

Yeah, my last five years of a relationship is down the fucking drain man.? Find out my ex-g/f is pregnant (by some one else) after less than a week of a break up.? Fucking bitch. Listening to the new songs really help me get through shit, and works sucks too and fuck xmas.? CD March 2007.? Rock On Fuckers.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2006, 10:47:29 PM by jimb0 » Logged
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #599 on: December 15, 2006, 10:47:04 PM »

Yeah it's nice to get a statement however I'm not getting carried away just yet as this date is tentative.

As we begin to get one thing cleared up we seem to get  more confusion setting in!! nervous Huh

quote "..that has resulted, unfortunately, in the end of both Guns? and my managerial involvement with Merck Mercuriadis." 

Does this mean GNR will split after the rekease of the album?

Maybe the album will be released under a different band name??   Could that be the legal issue that's been holding everything up and why in the letter Axl writes "our record company and all involved believe and feel is a true Guns N? Roses album".

This all seems a bit weird and maybe I'm looking into things too deeply but that's what's been written.

Also, before passing too much judgement on the merck, you should check out his posting at chinesedemocracy.com it offers a bit of an insight to his side of the story.  Seems as if he has taken the dissmisal pretty well and had some good things to say about Axl... nice to see he understands Axl's situation and still respects him - ver professional of him.

peace

He just meant his and the bands relationship with Merck is over.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 55 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: