Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 12:44:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228490 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  An open letter to the fans from Axl - Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 55 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An open letter to the fans from Axl - Discussion  (Read 158595 times)
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #520 on: December 15, 2006, 02:46:40 PM »

yes again ,thank -you-axl-rose !
 Tongue THAT'S JUST ME PANTING OVER AXL AGAIN LOL.
good deal for us fans from axl.

the one an only horsey !
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #521 on: December 15, 2006, 02:48:32 PM »

And what was wrong with the already existing thread ?    Grin
« Last Edit: December 15, 2006, 02:51:03 PM by Grouse » Logged
Janabis
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #522 on: December 15, 2006, 03:02:54 PM »

So what are the odds that we actually get this thing on March 6th? 50/50 maybe?  Huh
RitzWalker8
Rocker

I love my Pancreas!!!

« Reply #523 on: December 15, 2006, 03:03:28 PM »

Axl being Axl. ?I would wait till 3/7/29 if I had to. ?It would still be better than any other rock album put out since UYI I&II.

Ritz

Ritz Reeves III
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #524 on: December 15, 2006, 03:03:56 PM »

wow. i never expected such direct comments from Axl... he really spoke to the things his fans observed. reading the letter seemed unreal.
there's really very little to say, and that's what makes this letter so amazing to me.
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #525 on: December 15, 2006, 03:09:48 PM »

Thank you Axl.  While I am disappointed that we will not get CD this year.  We at least got to know why and a thentative release date.  And for that thank you.  And thank you for the tour this year and here is hoping we get the album and a tour in 2007.   beer
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #526 on: December 15, 2006, 03:13:34 PM »

thnaxs again axl , I cant wait until tonight Wink
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #527 on: December 15, 2006, 03:17:05 PM »

Finally a date! ?Been waiting for a response like this for so long. ?Thank you Axl and company. ?Looking forward to 2007!

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
pollyblue
Rocker

t.w.a.t.

« Reply #528 on: December 15, 2006, 03:18:25 PM »

really emotional letter from axl imo. all i could do is sit and stare for a while after i read it and thinking "axl, you're still the man!"
merck out? i don't feel sorry for him, but i have to admit he responded quiet a few times to fans e-mail and i don't think that many managers would do that.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #529 on: December 15, 2006, 03:19:20 PM »

Finally a date! ?Been waiting for a response like this for so long. ?Thank you Axl and company. ?Looking forward to 2007!

i'm not believeing shit until Geffen issues a press release that it is coming out

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #530 on: December 15, 2006, 03:47:06 PM »

This is a GN'R site which means this is where you'll find things the band wants their fans to know, such as the letter from Axl.

I feel honoured that the band have chosen this site to be one of the channels used to reach out to us fans. It's definitely not something I ever imagined happening when I started the site over ten years ago.

With that in mind, other people, who aren't involved with the band, might not be able to get their messages posted here. They probably have other ways of getting their messages across anyway.

Like the message on VR's site earlier this year, like all the stupid digs at the band that various people have taken. I don't feel like I have to give people like that more publicity by posting their comments.

In many cases these articles and such are full of lies and speculation. The only thing that comes out of those discussions are posts filled with "these guys suck!", "what a bunch of idiots", "they're right!" and so on.

I don't feel like we need to have that kind of discussions.

I'm speaking generally here and regarding the question in this thread, I can only say it's business as usual as far as I'm concerned. You have Axl's letter here, whatever the rest of the world says is posted somewhere else.

Thank you for understanding.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #531 on: December 15, 2006, 03:50:55 PM »

I am disppointed today.  Disappointed because we all got what we wanted today.  A tentative release date.  But that is not enough apparently.  To me that release date is far more important than anything else and we should all focus on that and the rest of the tour we'll get in 07.
Ivona
Headliner

Spread the love

« Reply #532 on: December 15, 2006, 03:53:21 PM »

March is good. March is spring. March is a happy month Smiley
When I get the CD in my hands I will melt  drool

The last one from her kind - Ivona :]
EFISH
« Reply #533 on: December 15, 2006, 03:54:30 PM »

When I get the CD in my hands I will melt  drool
This simple post just sent shivers down my spine.  Grin
gnfnr2006
« Reply #534 on: December 15, 2006, 03:55:14 PM »

I am dissapointed as well, especially for the people who planned on attending those last 4 shows, myself included. But I did get to see them twice this year and hopefully I will get to see them again next year. And to the people who bitched about the setlists.............This was the first time for MANY to see GNR live. Yes, I would have liked to hear Coma, Estarged, Deadhorse, Dont Damn Me, etc. but I am THRILLED to have gotten the opportunity to see a bunch of my all time favorite songs, and so were 99% of the crowd.? I cant wait to hear some more new music both on CD and live in concert next year !!!!? ? ? GNFNR 2006 !!! and 2007
« Last Edit: December 15, 2006, 03:56:49 PM by gnfnr2006 » Logged
Ivona
Headliner

Spread the love

« Reply #535 on: December 15, 2006, 04:03:52 PM »

When I get the CD in my hands I will melt? drool
This simple post just sent shivers down my spine.? Grin
Thanks. Im still shaking. This CD is very important to me. I was a little girl when the Appetite for Destruction came out. It was my fucked up in the head brother that got me hooked (badly). I mean, can you imagine a 6 year old that know all lyrics?  smoking

The last one from her kind - Ivona :]
chilly
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #536 on: December 15, 2006, 04:14:07 PM »

i've had a good year.
4 demos that uplifted me, a fuck you to the naysayers, hearing those demo's validated my belief in the new gnr and axls direction for a rock n' roll band for the now, just listen to contraband.
i saw the band 3 times making the total 10 in all, and today axl told us the album was coming...something he hasn't done before(meaning a specific date) i'm gonna take a positive from this and let the inevitable bullshit wash over me like it's done for the last 10 years from people who just DON'T GET IT.
i've had a good year....but not as good as the next.

"this is so real, like the time dave floated away..."
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #537 on: December 15, 2006, 04:17:58 PM »

i've had a good year.
4 demos that uplifted me, a fuck you to the naysayers, hearing those demo's validated my belief in the new gnr and axls direction for a rock n' roll band for the now, just listen to contraband.
i saw the band 3 times making the total 10 in all, and today axl told us the album was coming...something he hasn't done before(meaning a specific date) i'm gonna take a positive from this and let the inevitable bullshit wash over me like it's done for the last 10 years from people who just DON'T GET IT.
i've had a good year....but not as good as the next.

Nice. ok

I had a good year too and loved every second of the Toronto show!!! beer
axlRalph
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #538 on: December 15, 2006, 04:29:09 PM »

Thanks for everything Axl, all the old stuff and the coming new stuff, looking forward to March
Soori
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #539 on: December 15, 2006, 04:30:01 PM »

so did he say that it was supposed to come out december 26th??? im confused! HELP
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 55 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: