Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 10:39:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228490 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  An open letter to the fans from Axl - Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 55 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An open letter to the fans from Axl - Discussion  (Read 158560 times)
Chief
Legend

« Reply #500 on: December 15, 2006, 01:54:29 PM »

As far as I know they haven't really been using that to send out information.

Thank you Axl for sending us this letter, we've all been waiting for some good news!!!   beer beer

I'm just wondering why didn't GN'R send this letter from Axl out to everyone who signed up for the mailing list on www.gunsnroses.com Huh

Huh Huh Huh

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Rhino
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #501 on: December 15, 2006, 02:01:02 PM »

i wondwer how many people here that are so happy now are the same ones whe guarenteed it would be out by years end, and flamed those who thought different?
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #502 on: December 15, 2006, 02:01:56 PM »

If the album will be out around March... Ther first single will be out untill the end of this month??

grog mug
Legend

« Reply #503 on: December 15, 2006, 02:02:50 PM »

We all knew something was coming from GN'R management about this year end tuesday thing not being true. ?But who woulda thought it was Axl actually apologizing to fans, GREAT LETTER. ?I enjoyed reading it, and will look forward to March each day more and more.
OTT
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #504 on: December 15, 2006, 02:03:17 PM »

I can't wait! Album in March, maybe another tour over the summer, I'm stoked
veritas55
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #505 on: December 15, 2006, 02:06:26 PM »

Axl can take alot of pressure off himself by sharing more information with the rest of us. We are a community and a pretty damn understanding one when we are informed.

amen
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #506 on: December 15, 2006, 02:09:30 PM »

I hope that, with good promotion, they can stir this up to a pre-Illusions release style fervor (not on here...we're already lunatics...I mean with the general, less obsessed public).

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #507 on: December 15, 2006, 02:10:52 PM »

Aside from having the record itself, this is the best Christmas gift a Guns N' Roses fan could ask for.

Thank You Axl, for clarifying the situation.

March 6th is 81 days away.

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #508 on: December 15, 2006, 02:12:24 PM »

If the album will be out around March... Ther first single will be out untill the end of this month??

More likely mid-January.

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #509 on: December 15, 2006, 02:14:24 PM »

god listened to my prayers!! all this time waiting and now finally someone is deeply honest with us... thats just what we needed!! and that person was Axl... god he sure got higher in my book now... thanks so much! ok All we needed was clear information and we didnt have any of that, and we didnt deserve it at all.... but now Im convict everything will change and finally I got hope again that on that day, in March, we all will be happy with our CD cases in our hands! Wink
What a nice xmas present indeed ok

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #510 on: December 15, 2006, 02:14:34 PM »

Im not sure why Mercks response is not being allowed here, but in reality he said a lot of positive things. In fact its juts as good as the Axl letter. Merck could have went the other way and? aired out some dirty laundry but instead he was extremely positive about the album and the bands intentions. Hes a standup guy in my book.

These 2 letters have made up for a lot. Now we can refocus, rejuvenate ourselves and get set for Mrch.

It will be here before you know it. The holidays will get us to Jan 6th. Then from there it will fly by....We will know when the album gets turned over, then the Single and Video will come out sometime in Feb...so im gonna say it.....

Soon IS the Word!

Its Coming Motherfuckers!

« Last Edit: December 15, 2006, 02:16:27 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
badintentions
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #511 on: December 15, 2006, 02:17:35 PM »

I am glad Axl spoke up. His letter was well written and pretty informative.

One problem.

THE ALBUM IS STILL NOT DONE.

If you think that this thing will be out in March, you are insane. He is still tinkering with the fucking thing for the love of God.
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #512 on: December 15, 2006, 02:18:14 PM »

Soon is no longer a dirty word ?Grin

Holy shit, can it really be that I'll be listening to CD in a few months ?confused ?This news is great, I just hope that Axl can keep battling through to the light at the end of the tunnel.

beer

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #513 on: December 15, 2006, 02:18:54 PM »

I think this is great news.....This is finally THE OFFICIAL RELEASE DATE...out of Axl's mouth!!!! People can say whatever they want for what has happened over the past 10 years...but there was never a release date for the album...until now....thank you Axl, I for one will continue to hold on and be patient....
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #514 on: December 15, 2006, 02:19:00 PM »

One problem.

If you think that this thing will be out in March, you are insane. He is still tinkering with the fucking thing for the love of God.
But he does insist it is MINOR additions. ?Not exactly something to be afraid of.

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
TrixAreForKids
Silly Rabbit
Rocker

Tongue like a razor.

« Reply #515 on: December 15, 2006, 02:19:11 PM »

More likely mid-January.

Axl didn't mention when the single will be released. He did mention that there would be 8 weeks of promotion. So if the album is tentatively scheduled for March 6, 2007, then we should see the single tentatively by January.
Lurk
Headliner

Here Today... Gone to KFC

« Reply #516 on: December 15, 2006, 02:20:20 PM »

Seems a good a place as any to lose my cherry on these boards... been lurking here for a few years now. As an old time fan (first saw them in 92 and seen them every time they have visited the UK since) and a person who loves the new line-up all I have to say is...

FUCK YEAH!!!!

I am grinning like a moron right now Cheesy
badintentions
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #517 on: December 15, 2006, 02:20:46 PM »

One problem.

But he does insist it is MINOR additions.  Not exactly something to be afraid of.

MINOR additions is the same as "finishing touches" which has been said for years now. come back to reality.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #518 on: December 15, 2006, 02:27:42 PM »

Whether or not it was the right decision to part ways with Merck, I'm grateful for and appreciate all his hard work and the tremendous pressure that he worked under over the course of his tenure. ?I'll leave the discussions on his competence to others, but I've never doubted that his heart and intentions with respect to the success of Guns were always in the right place. ? Also, I haven't forgotten his role in the pre-sales for the Hammerstein shows in May. ?

Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #519 on: December 15, 2006, 02:31:49 PM »

Seems a good a place as any to lose my cherry on these boards... been lurking here for a few years now. As an old time fan (first saw them in 92 and seen them every time they have visited the UK since) and a person who loves the new line-up all I have to say is...

FUCK YEAH!!!!

I am grinning like a moron right now Cheesy

Pretty cool, hey Lurk? beer smoking
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 55 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: