Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 06:55:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228487 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  An open letter to the fans from Axl - Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 55 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An open letter to the fans from Axl - Discussion  (Read 158421 times)
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #420 on: December 15, 2006, 10:19:00 AM »

cool!!!

One question... my first leanguage is not english and some phrases I cant understand 100% ... Axl?s letter says that the album is DONE (all the parts are already RECORDED) and this 3 months will be just for contracts, promotion, video ... etc???

so, they will not record anything more... righ??

sorry, maybe is a stupid question, but I can?t clearly read this...? Tongue

i thinks that is basicly was was indicated. The letter is a very good sign.

Thanks for deleting my previous post Mr. Moderator ?hihi

You're not that special Wink ?There have probably been more posts removed from this thread than there are still here Wink

Does anyone else think that it's strange that it all flew apart so fast? ? One minute Merck is at the shows enjoying himself, the next he drafts the email to Axl, then he's been cut lose two days later. ? Seems kinda sudden.... ?

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
Estranged28
Opening Act

« Reply #421 on: December 15, 2006, 10:19:40 AM »

The bottom line is that March 6th is a tentative date.

Since some people really don't truly understand what tentative means, here is a definition:

Main Entry:   ten?ta?tive
Pronunciation:   'ten-t&-tiv
Function:   adjective
Etymology:   Medieval Latin tentativus, from Latin tentatus, past participle of tentare, temptare to feel, try
1 : not fully worked out or developed <tentative plans>
2 : HESITANT, UNCERTAIN <a tentative smile>
- tentative noun
- ten?ta?tive?ly adverb
- ten?ta?tive?ness noun

Axl is NOT committing that it will come out March 6th. It could come out before or after that. Don't set the reminder on your blackberry just yet.

Remember how "Soon" was the word...I guess we could say for 2007 "Tentative" is the word?
All kidding aside, how great would that be if Axl announced in January that things went ahead of schedule and it was coming out the last week in February?

Still...knowing that the we are about 8 weeks away, is incredible.

"But times are hard, our thrills are cheaper.? As your arms get shorter, your pockets get deeper!"
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #422 on: December 15, 2006, 10:19:54 AM »

I think it was cool of merck to respond, totaly fair for him to tell his side of the story.

It's quite clear that merck have done lots of good things for the band, the record and last but not least Axl. Before i read his letter i couldn't imagine anything he had done except answering bitching fucked up fans and clearing up some rumors...

It's too bad that they couldn't continue, obviousely the Axl Merck combination has been the most seccessfull thus far.

This is really a revolution in the GNR world and the only reason they would come out with all this is because the record is really close to comming out. That was obviousely not the case after Philly in 02.

This also explaines the HD comercial, and a bunch of other things like that the album was actually played at Axl's party, why Tommy is still in the band etc. etc.

I feel very good about this and i can't fuckin' waith for 07. It's going to be another fine fine year for every fuckin' gnr fan out there.

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Z
« Reply #423 on: December 15, 2006, 10:20:18 AM »

Wow, Merck was our connection and now he's shut out just like that.

I've had enough.

Peace Gunners, it's been fun.

I, Z (aka K-Rock), have finally had enough.

Hey Axl, how about you show up the next time you need 2 or 3 days more to finish it before you lose ALL of your fans.

I have no doubt it will be the greatest album ever and yes I will buy it when it comes out because of all the time and energy I put into you and your new vision/version.

But that's it. ?You're not comin to Philly and I'm not taking the time to travel afar to see you.

Thank you for the years and concerts that you did provide for me, in the end I truly appreciate the past and IMO you will always be the greatest frontman of all time.

As far as the future, you're just not comin' through.

I really do hope that you become a "man of your word" in the end. ?For your sake. ?You've finally surrounded yourself with "healthy" people. ?Take advantage of that. ?Appreciate it.
Bubba St. Rose
Headliner

Jim Norton is my dad. O&A Party Rocks!

« Reply #424 on: December 15, 2006, 10:20:45 AM »

Everytime Axl or someone else from the GNR camp speaks they comment on all the pressure surrounding releasing chinese democracy. How hard its been, how many obstacles there have been, ect. But there's never any definitive explanation regarding these difficulties. It's always vague statements meant to placate uneasy fans. For once, I'd like someone to detail just ONE of these "roadblocks." Explain to us in specific terms why it would take 13 years to put out an album. If you're not going to, then why even say anything at all? Sometimes I think Axl Rose or whoever writes these things does more damage than good. Building up the pressure where pressure doesn't exist. All the secrets lead to more rumors and more expectations. It's just a vicious cycle. Just put the damn album out if it's done. How many times over the years have we heard "We just need to finish a couple more things." I'm the biggest GNR fan there is, been there since the start, and I would like nothing more than to hear some new music (the way it's suppose to be heard) but really, if it comes out on March 6 I will be truly amazed.

Opie and Anthony XM Satellite Radio 202 High Voltage Spread the Virus
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #425 on: December 15, 2006, 10:23:03 AM »

at last.  so it may come out the same month i see nine inch nails.....thats one radical month!

html sucks
guns_n_motley
« Reply #426 on: December 15, 2006, 10:25:05 AM »

It seems Axl has forgotten the part where he, himself, advised the album would be out in 2006 - not just Merck.

Well, whatever, Axl could have said the album is coming June 2009 and people on here would be like, "Oh my God you're the man Ax!, Guns will own 2009!"...

March huh...? Plenty of time for more delays to happen, which I'm sure they will.

Sorry for the "negativity" but I've been on this train a long time...

oh boo hoo....what do you want??

all you people do is fucking Bitch, bitch, bitch... you bitched when there was silence, so axl gives us a letter, explains whats going on with cd, tells us hell do everything in his power to get it out in March and you STILL BITCH!!!

ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #427 on: December 15, 2006, 10:25:11 AM »

This letter is a cover. The album is coming 19 Dec. This is just to catch us off guard.

rofl
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #428 on: December 15, 2006, 10:25:16 AM »

Everytime Axl or someone else from the GNR camp speaks they comment on all the pressure surrounding releasing chinese democracy. How hard its been, how many obstacles there have been, ect. But there's never any definitive explanation regarding these difficulties. It's always vague statements meant to placate uneasy fans. For once, I'd like someone to detail just ONE of these "roadblocks." Explain to us in specific terms why it would take 13 years to put out an album. If you're not going to, then why even say anything at all? Sometimes I think Axl Rose or whoever writes these things does more damage than good. Building up the pressure where pressure doesn't exist. All the secrets lead to more rumors and more expectations. It's just a vicious cycle. Just put the damn album out if it's done. How many times over the years have we heard "We just need to finish a couple more things." I'm the biggest GNR fan there is, been there since the start, and I would like nothing more than to hear some new music (the way it's suppose to be heard) but really, if it comes out on March 6 I will be truly amazed.

Pending legal reasons. You can't talk about them before like the court date (if there is one)

Anyway, 2006 has been one hell of a ride. I went to a show and it was simply mindblowing.

Heres to 2007! ?beer
Meanmachine22
Rocker

Trust me it's worth the waiting...

« Reply #429 on: December 15, 2006, 10:25:26 AM »

cool!!!

One question... my first leanguage is not english and some phrases I cant understand 100% ... Axl?s letter says that the album is DONE (all the parts are already RECORDED) and this 3 months will be just for contracts, promotion, video ... etc???

so, they will not record anything more... righ??

sorry, maybe is a stupid question, but I can?t clearly read this...? Tongue

i thinks that is basicly was was indicated. The letter is a very good sign.

Thanks for deleting my previous post Mr. Moderator ?hihi

You're not that special Wink ?There have probably been more posts removed from this thread than there are still here Wink

Does anyone else think that it's strange that it all flew apart so fast? ? One minute Merck is at the shows enjoying himself, the next he drafts the email to Axl, then he's been cut lose two days later. ? Seems kinda sudden.... ?

Yes, i also think that this might have been a very fast shot. It remains to be seen if march 2007 will be the real deal.
deleting posts that are not offensive sucks.. my opinion

"when i say the time is right..well, than the time is right fuckhead!"
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #430 on: December 15, 2006, 10:27:08 AM »

I just got in to the office and read this.

Axl,

Thank you for explaining things.? All respect I seemed to have lost for you is now back full strength.? You letter was all I needed to read.

Thorazine

« Last Edit: December 15, 2006, 10:30:00 AM by Thorazine Shuffle » Logged

Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #431 on: December 15, 2006, 10:27:12 AM »

A letter from Axl, which sounds like it's from the heart, means a ton to me-a possible release date-thank God they are going to promote this album-this is what Axl should do more-something like this every couple of months, just explaining things-I'm pulling for you, Axl-thank you so much-thank God the Merk statements about a sudden release won't happen-let a proper strategy and promotion happen-I'm pulling for the band-Go Axl

libertad
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #432 on: December 15, 2006, 10:28:13 AM »

This is the first time Axl has ever said a specific date. If he fails to deliver, then we can say he said this date.

We really are close to the release. Remember back in 1999 when he announced his intentions to release it soon. Well, back then...had he just completed a very successful Euro/NA tour? No.

Bring on CD
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #433 on: December 15, 2006, 10:29:18 AM »

This letter is a cover. The album is coming 19 Dec. This is just to catch us off guard.

rofl

I think that thought has crossed alot of our minds.

I think we're gonna see it closer to March though.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Meanmachine22
Rocker

Trust me it's worth the waiting...

« Reply #434 on: December 15, 2006, 10:34:22 AM »

so, im confused.. is Merck still with GNR?? or is he fired??? or are they saying that their personal relationship is dead but hes still managing GNR?

as far as i understand Merck and GNR departed their ways because Axl didn't like the way Merck handled certain issues surrounding the tour and communication with the media

"when i say the time is right..well, than the time is right fuckhead!"
Ellroy
Rocker

« Reply #435 on: December 15, 2006, 10:34:32 AM »

Two great letters, heartful and sincere. I'm grateful to both Axl and Merck for explaining the situation as it stands now and I have no problem waiting a few more months.

"So, for those who believe in the cause...thank you for your support." - Axl Rose, May 15th 2006
Estranged28
Opening Act

« Reply #436 on: December 15, 2006, 10:34:49 AM »

so, im confused.. is Merck still with GNR?? or is he fired??? or are they saying that their personal relationship is dead but hes still managing GNR?

Merck = Fired. That goes as personal manager for Axl and the band too.
Merck in his letter said their 'working' friendship could not last under the pressure of making CD.

"But times are hard, our thrills are cheaper.? As your arms get shorter, your pockets get deeper!"
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #437 on: December 15, 2006, 10:38:10 AM »

Didn't feel this needed a new thread, but here's Billboards take on the story:

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003522196

"Axl: 'Chinese Democracy' Tentatively Due In March

Axl Rose

December 15, 2006, 10:00 AM ET

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

Axl Rose has taken to Guns N' Roses' official Web site to announce a "tentative" March 6 release date for the band's eternally delayed new album, "Chinese Democracy." In the posting, Rose also revealed he has split with longtime manager Merck Mercuriadis due to disagreements over the set up for the album release.

"To say the making of this album has been an unbearably long and incomprehensible journey would be an understatement," Rose said of "Chinese Democracy," which has been in the works for more than a decade. "Overcoming the endless and seemingly insane amount of obstacles faced by all involved, notwithstanding the emotional challenges endured by everyone -- the fans, the band, our road crew and business team -- has at many times seemed like a bad dream in which one wakes up only to find that they are still in the nightmare. Unfortunately, this time it has been played out for over a decade in real life."

Rose said he only agreed to tour with GNR this fall because he believed he and Mercuriadis "were in full agreement regarding our strategy and touring plans and, most important, that any and all things needed to release the album by Dec. 26 at the latest were in place."

"Although many things went extremely well and were very exciting, there were, in our opinion, unnecessary and avoidable complications on our tour having to do with the tour routing, scheduling and album and video plans that wreaked havoc on all involved," he continued. "This was compounded by an overall sense of a lack of respect by management for the band and crew."

Rose lashed out at management for comments suggesting "Chinese Democracy" would "just appear" in record stores on a random Tuesday before the end of the year.

"It takes approximately eight weeks for an album to hit the shelves once it has been turned in to the record company," he said. "For whatever reasons, it appears that it may have been mistakenly inferred by management that this time period could be condensed to three weeks. With that being said, this is not a promise, a lie or a guarantee, but we do wish to announce a tentative release date of March 6. This is the first time we have done this publicly for this album."

In order to properly plan for the release, GNR has canceled four January shows in Sacramento, Calif., Bakersfield, Calif., Reno, Nev., and San Diego. "In the end, it's just an album, but it's one that I, the band, our record company and all involved believe and feel is a true Guns N' Roses album," Rose concluded. "Ultimately the public will decide, and regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way."

"Chinese Democracy" is the first Guns N' Roses album since the 1993 covers collection "The Spaghetti Incident." In the ensuing decade, the group has lost every original member besides Rose and burned through a reported $13 million in recording expenses."

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
nuzreq
Opening Act

women and children first.

« Reply #438 on: December 15, 2006, 10:38:38 AM »

This is all i wanted for the longest time, for Axl to explain just a little bit of what's going on so the fans don't run crazy with every rumor that appears on the internet. ?Well done. ?
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #439 on: December 15, 2006, 10:38:44 AM »

I read this letter last night when I got home from work and I even had over 20 emails about it in my inbox, plus a few messages here.  Needless to say, this is a pretty big fucking deal to finally get the info we've been waiting for now for months.  Think of all of those hours and days wasted on what is now deemed "useless" discussion about the album coming out in November or December... This would have put a stop to it and I wish it would have come just a little sooner.  Maybe the reason being that Axl himself just found out FOR SURE within the last few weeks that it would be impossible for CD to be released properly this year??

Well at least we had a great year in 2006 with or without an album; we had a tour, a website launch, a commercial that may not have aired yet, 2 surprise acoustic shows, a Parkinson's benefit, Axl hanging out with kids with Cancer, a lot of us meeting members of the band and now even a letter from Axl Rose himself to top it off... not a bad fucking year people.

March 6th, 2007??  With Axl actually saying a date... I think this means we will see the album in 2007 100% FOR SURE!!  Will we see it as early as March though??  I highly, highly, highly doubt it.  My thoughts would be a summer release and then a tour starting at the same time.  I'm glad Axl said a date but he did say tentative and this is Axl Rose, so a few months delay from that date is very likely.  I'm putting my money on June 2007 fuckers.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 55 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: