Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 06:52:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228487 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  An open letter to the fans from Axl - Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 55 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An open letter to the fans from Axl - Discussion  (Read 158413 times)
Journeyman
VIP

Not like you, unlike me...

« Reply #400 on: December 15, 2006, 09:53:50 AM »

Loved the letter!! I dont mind the March 6 date, i'm very proud that finally we are being treated correctly. And if the attitude continues like the one we can read in this letter my congratulations to Axl Rose and his heart felt writing

peace

2/7/92 -  Alvalade, Portugal
27/5/06 - RIR, Portugal
30/7/06 - Wembley Arena, London
6/10/10 - Meo Arena, Portugal
7/5/16 - AXL/DC Algés, Portugal
2/6/17 - Algés, Portugal
5/6/22 - Algés, Portug
a.
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #401 on: December 15, 2006, 09:54:00 AM »

Great letter from Axl. This type of communication just squashes all the speculation, lies, bullshit, etc.

Looking forward to March 6, 2007!

Thanks,
a.
MarioGunner
Rocker

I should've known you're crazy

« Reply #402 on: December 15, 2006, 09:54:48 AM »

Well..... We keep waiting!!!

You can run like a river
Till you end up in the sea
And you run till night is black
And keep on going in your dream

My NEW Trading Space http://www.freewebs.com/mariogunner/
Estranged28
Opening Act

« Reply #403 on: December 15, 2006, 09:55:15 AM »

I'm just confused that Merck refers to the fact that the label will not hand over funding for promotion or video treatments until the album gets handed over, then points out that right up until today, this is where we still stand. Is the record not finished?

In his internal communications attachments, Merck also mentions an initial release date of February, then says to push it back to March 20th. Which is it? The 6th or the 20th?
record is not finished -like he said a couple of minor additions to be added

Axl has insisted (rightly so I might add) to make sure Bumble, and Fred appear on the album. I can only assume that in January they will finish adding these recordings, do the final mixing/mastering. Turn over the album and then get a single out on the radio the first week of February. Use Febraury as a month for promotion/interviewing and making Fucking Videos!

I'd like to mention again how happy I am that Fred is gonna be on the album. Now if I only knew who the hell Fred is?

Fred? I mean Frank! ?See, so excited I can't even think straight.

"But times are hard, our thrills are cheaper.? As your arms get shorter, your pockets get deeper!"
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #404 on: December 15, 2006, 09:56:56 AM »

The letter was priceless. Truly what we all needed. Thank You for the letter ?ok

For the real ?fans:

We as fans as a whole need to embrace this letter and GNR. We need to relize this year was the best damn year in a long time.
2007 is shaping up to be a awsome year as well.

We need to show our support for band and be heard.

We were all heard when we complained, it is now time to show our love for this band.

The hate spread like wildfire, it is time to spread the word that GNR is coming March ?beer

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
Demon Wolf
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #405 on: December 15, 2006, 09:56:59 AM »

As far as I know, this is the first time ever a specific date regarding the release of CD has been mentioned.

So I'm believing it!

-DW

Here today...gone to China to bring back Democracy!

- My covers of If The World n' Catcher In The Rye - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FOfNxtBjQbQ&feature=channel_page
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #406 on: December 15, 2006, 09:56:59 AM »

have just read this - this is amazing. ?I thank Axl deeply and sincerely for writing such a hearfelt letter and the poor guy sounds like Merk has dicked him and the band around like he (merk) dicked us around.

This band deserve their long-term and new fans to stick by em.

Thank you axl - this letter is fucking amazing to read.

Happy fuckin christmas!!!! ?peace ? beer ?smoking ?Grin
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #407 on: December 15, 2006, 09:57:22 AM »

Am I correct in understanding that all that was needed to finish this album for the past 8 months is 3 or 4 days of work?  That's utterly amazing.  We have waited this additional time for 3-4 days of work?Huh  No wonder it took 15 years to complete this album. 

You are incorrect. "All that was needed to finish this album for the past 8 months" was 8 or so weeks of work by several different teams of people.

I thought Axl made that clear in his letter.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Sparksry
VIP

Keep Calm and Welcome to the Jungle

« Reply #408 on: December 15, 2006, 10:00:30 AM »

As far as I know, this is the first time ever a specific date regarding the release of CD has been mentioned.

So I'm believing it!

-DW

i agree. as he said if im not mistaken all the other "release dates" were made by people trying to create a fuss, this is from axl himself and the band so now that this has come up we can say this is the tentative release date.

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #409 on: December 15, 2006, 10:00:55 AM »

That was amazing.

Hopefully the start of good things to come. Good luck Axl + GN'R ?ok

This is great news. Finally it sounds as though they have a plan.
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #410 on: December 15, 2006, 10:06:51 AM »

but everything he says from this piont on can be taken as rumored and inuendo
Evolution
« Reply #411 on: December 15, 2006, 10:07:48 AM »

Well that made my fucking day  ok
deanaxlrose
Rocker

Hey, where's my Avatar ?

« Reply #412 on: December 15, 2006, 10:10:11 AM »

I'm just confused that Merck refers to the fact that the label will not hand over funding for promotion or video treatments until the album gets handed over, then points out that right up until today, this is where we still stand. Is the record not finished?

In his internal communications attachments, Merck also mentions an initial release date of February, then says to push it back to March 20th. Which is it? The 6th or the 20th?
record is not finished -like he said a couple of minor additions to be added

Axl has insisted (rightly so I might add) to make sure Bumble, and Fred appear on the album. I can only assume that in January they will finish adding these recordings, do the final mixing/mastering. Turn over the album and then get a single out on the radio the first week of February. Use Febraury as a month for promotion/interviewing and making Fucking Videos!

I'd like to mention again how happy I am that Fred is gonna be on the album. Now if I only knew who the hell Fred is?

Fred? I mean Frank! ?See, so excited I can't even think straight.
I thought its fred durst gonna be on CD. Grin WTF?
January-February gonna be the happies moment to us fans.
Greatest thing ever happens since ?downloaded The blues video for the first time.hear it and cryn' hihi.

My life is so Fuckin' Boring...Until The Chinese Democracy Comes.
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #413 on: December 15, 2006, 10:14:03 AM »

cool!!!

One question... my first leanguage is not english and some phrases I cant understand 100% ... Axl?s letter says that the album is DONE (all the parts are already RECORDED) and this 3 months will be just for contracts, promotion, video ... etc???

so, they will not record anything more... righ??

sorry, maybe is a stupid question, but I can?t clearly read this...  Tongue

Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #414 on: December 15, 2006, 10:15:22 AM »

The bottom line is that March 6th is a tentative date.

Since some people really don't truly understand what tentative means, here is a definition:

Main Entry:   ten?ta?tive
Pronunciation:   'ten-t&-tiv
Function:   adjective
Etymology:   Medieval Latin tentativus, from Latin tentatus, past participle of tentare, temptare to feel, try
1 : not fully worked out or developed <tentative plans>
2 : HESITANT, UNCERTAIN <a tentative smile>
- tentative noun
- ten?ta?tive?ly adverb
- ten?ta?tive?ness noun

Axl is NOT committing that it will come out March 6th.   It could come out before or after that.  Don't set the reminder on your blackberry just yet.

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #415 on: December 15, 2006, 10:16:06 AM »

ATTN: AXL ROSE

THIS IS ALL WE WANTED MY FRIEND

SOME COMMUNICATION AND PROOF THAT YOU REALIZE HOW DEDICATED YOUR FANS ARE TO YOU

THANKS FOR CLEARING SOME SHIT UP

MARCH IT IS -
Meanmachine22
Rocker

Trust me it's worth the waiting...

« Reply #416 on: December 15, 2006, 10:16:16 AM »

cool!!!

One question... my first leanguage is not english and some phrases I cant understand 100% ... Axl?s letter says that the album is DONE (all the parts are already RECORDED) and this 3 months will be just for contracts, promotion, video ... etc???

so, they will not record anything more... righ??

sorry, maybe is a stupid question, but I can?t clearly read this...? Tongue

i thinks that is basicly was was indicated. The letter is a very good sign.

Thanks for deleting my previous post Mr. Moderator ?hihi

"when i say the time is right..well, than the time is right fuckhead!"
Rhino
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #417 on: December 15, 2006, 10:17:13 AM »

This is great news.? I feel like a huge weight has been lifted... AND if anything this line actually says a lot...

It takes approximately 8 weeks for an album to hit the shelves once it has been turned in to the record company. For whatever reasons it appears it may have been mistakenly inferred by management that this could be condensed to three.

Does that means more than likely the album is in the can?? Probably.? I would imagine we're looking at a single in the next week or two.? Maybe pre-orders on itunes by the end of January.

I will say...an announcement of a release date by the end of 2006 is an acceptable alernate to the album's release...even if it gets pushed a few weeks.? Mad props to Axl for coming through his promise of definite news by the end of the year.

At least there's a light at the end of the tunnel.

Also, excellent letter by Axl.? Extremely well-written.? Let's hope he writes his own biography in the future.

dude its people like yopu and with ideas without any credibility whatsoever that star up unrealistic rumors and expectations on this board.
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #418 on: December 15, 2006, 10:17:44 AM »

This is all we wanted. We just wanted an official update on the album, a tenative release date. All is good with the world. Good luck on the rest of the tour, and I'll see you in the record store on March 6 or shortly thereafter.

"But again, without full knowledge of the various dynamics and circumstances involved, these types of comments or commentary are just uninformed, disassociated, generally useless -- and often hindering --speculation." ? but it has been fun!

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #419 on: December 15, 2006, 10:18:24 AM »

It seems Axl has forgotten the part where he, himself, advised the album would be out in 2006 - not just Merck.

Well, whatever, Axl could have said the album is coming June 2009 and people on here would be like, "Oh my God you're the man Ax!, Guns will own 2009!"...

March huh...? Plenty of time for more delays to happen, which I'm sure they will.

Sorry for the "negativity" but I've been on this train a long time...
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 55 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: