Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 03:53:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228483 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  An open letter to the fans from Axl - Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 55 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An open letter to the fans from Axl - Discussion  (Read 158367 times)
micfac
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #380 on: December 15, 2006, 09:36:02 AM »

I'm just confused that Merck refers to the fact that the label will not hand over funding for promotion or video treatments until the album gets handed over, then points out that right up until today, this is where we still stand. Is the record not finished?

In his internal communications attachments, Merck also mentions an initial release date of February, then says to push it back to March 20th. Which is it? The 6th or the 20th?
record is not finished -like he said a couple of minor additions to be added
Sparksry
VIP

Keep Calm and Welcome to the Jungle

« Reply #381 on: December 15, 2006, 09:37:00 AM »

"It takes approximately eight weeks for an album to hit the shelves once it has been turned in to the record company. For whatever reasons, it appears that it may have been mistakenly inferred by management that this time period could be condensed to three weeks. With that being said, this is not a promise, a lie or a guarantee, but we do wish to announce a tentative release date of March 6"

Sorry i was wrong i didnt read it very carefully, i was on my phone reading the email

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #382 on: December 15, 2006, 09:37:16 AM »

There isn't a firm release date. ? ?Just tentative targets.

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
leila
Rocker

You wrote the soundtrack to my life....

« Reply #383 on: December 15, 2006, 09:38:21 AM »

First of all, GNR had a very successful 2006.? Alot of success in Europe, and alot more success in NA then in 2002.? We heard 3 new songs this year as well.? We have also now a tentative release date, something never had from GNR before.? 2006 was a success for Guns N' Roses.? And how many fans said if the album wasn't released this year, they'd atleast like a date, well we got it.? So we'll see what happens.? But by no means is 2006 in ruins or disappointment, I don't want to hear that.

I'm totally agree with you...
What I think about that?
I'm happy for this Axl letter,for his sincerity,for his passion.
It's not the probable release date that makes me fell well..It's the letter,just this.I made a choice many years ago,the choise to follow the Guns n' Roses road,the choise to believe in Axl,the choise to wait for CD..and I still believe in Axl,I still wait and it will always be like that..I will always believe in Axl Rose..It's just my choise..
"..Guns N? Roses also would like to thank all the fans who attended the 70 concerts in 21 countries for their support in 2006. All the best to each and every one of you over this holiday season..." Thank you to you guys for the all memorable and unforgettable moments that you gave us this year!Best funny season of my life!

"..when I find out all the reasons maybe I'll find another way,find another day..with all the changing seasons of my life maybe I'll get it right next time....."
guns_n_motley
« Reply #384 on: December 15, 2006, 09:40:53 AM »

true, but axl said hes going to work hard to get it out by that tentative release date, more or less a couple of weeks.

Well have it in march for sure..
jarvie_a
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #385 on: December 15, 2006, 09:41:37 AM »

Axl says it is a tentative release date. We may get it before March 6th. If i was Axl and all the stuff that has happend over the past ten years and i knew that everything was in place for the album and the feeling amongst the fans, I would annonce a date maybe 4 weeks after I thought it was definitley gonna be ready.

That way it could come out earlier (not secret) than anticipated and show that you can change and if any problems do come up you've got time to sort them out.

The part about 8 weeks after the album is handed over until the actual release date as well, we are gonna know almost everything that happens in that period, there is no way the information is not going to leak. The whole album will most likely leak too, but I'd rather wait for the real thing knowing this is it and we are this close.
Estranged28
Opening Act

« Reply #386 on: December 15, 2006, 09:42:58 AM »

I'm just confused that Merck refers to the fact that the label will not hand over funding for promotion or video treatments until the album gets handed over, then points out that right up until today, this is where we still stand. Is the record not finished?

In his internal communications attachments, Merck also mentions an initial release date of February, then says to push it back to March 20th. Which is it? The 6th or the 20th?

Axl has insisted (rightly so I might add) to make sure Bumble, and Fred appear on the album. ?I can only assume that in January they will finish adding these recordings, do the final mixing/mastering. ?Turn over the album and then get a single out on the radio the first week of February. ?Use Febraury as a month for promotion/interviewing and making Fucking Videos!

"But times are hard, our thrills are cheaper.? As your arms get shorter, your pockets get deeper!"
kunzerd
VIP

5/12/06, 5/17/06, 11/10/06, 11/26/11, 2/10/12,

« Reply #387 on: December 15, 2006, 09:43:49 AM »

ha.

if there is one thing that is consistant with mr. rose, its that he is constantly throwing people under the bus.

oh well, it was nice of him to finally address our concerns as far as the album goes.

hopefully they stick with this tentative date, but ill beleive it when i see it.

12/06/02 - Philly RIOT
5/12/06 - Hammerstein, NY
5/17/06 - Hammerstein, NY
11/10/06 - MSG
11/26/11 - Camden. NJ
2/10/12 - Roseland Ballroom, NY
2/24/12 - HoB, AC, NJ
6/12/13 - Quebec
7/14/16 -
kunzerd
VIP

5/12/06, 5/17/06, 11/10/06, 11/26/11, 2/10/12,

« Reply #388 on: December 15, 2006, 09:46:12 AM »

this is the most exciting, comforting and reliable news we've had since axl went on eddie trunk ack in may

you mean when he went on the eddie trunk show and said the album would definitely be out this fall or late fall?

yes, i would call it equally reliable.

- ok, ill stop being pesimistic.

12/06/02 - Philly RIOT
5/12/06 - Hammerstein, NY
5/17/06 - Hammerstein, NY
11/10/06 - MSG
11/26/11 - Camden. NJ
2/10/12 - Roseland Ballroom, NY
2/24/12 - HoB, AC, NJ
6/12/13 - Quebec
7/14/16 -
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #389 on: December 15, 2006, 09:46:25 AM »

Merck giving the Tuesday countdown was misleading to the fans and the promoters.  Not cool.

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
smugolo
Headliner

"I don't worry about nothin', no..."

« Reply #390 on: December 15, 2006, 09:47:32 AM »

this is the most exciting news, regarding the album, since the leaks! thanks for taking the time to reassure your fans axl.

GN'R 2006 - Dublin 9th June - Sheffield 18th July - Manchester 23rd July
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #391 on: December 15, 2006, 09:48:54 AM »

Axl has insisted (rightly so I might add) to make sure Bumble, and Fred appear on the album.  I can only assume that in January they will finish adding these recordings, do the final mixing/mastering.  Turn over the album and then get a single out on the radio the first week of February.  Use Febraury as a month for promotion/interviewing and making Fucking Videos!

I'd like to mention again how happy I am that Fred is gonna be on the album. Now if I only knew who the hell Fred is?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
kbt24
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #392 on: December 15, 2006, 09:49:01 AM »

Good suggestion Jarmo...I plan to be back in a while. Thanks for the boards.

Yeah... now that I know I don't need to check every day to see if someone found the album all of a sudden in the stores, I think I'll take a break from the board as well. The endless wondering was getting to me.

I'm disappointed about waiting until March but at least we have an actual date to look forward to/hope for.

Thanks Axl ?- still the best frontman ever ?
bringu2yourknees
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #393 on: December 15, 2006, 09:49:23 AM »

At first I didn't want to jump on the redundant thank you bandwagon, but now I am. ?For me this was totally unexpected, and though not necessary, welcomed with open arms. ?I was content going into 2007 without CD, but thinking we would at least hear an apology and/or explanation by New Years. ?What we've gotten are those and so much more. ?It's nice to finally have a tentative release date straight from GNR, and March 6th seems very possible and is really on 2 and a half months away. ?I just want to sum it up with a thanks to Axl & GNR for the best year since the early 90's, with staying somewhat in the public eye, the tour and etc.

And if the signs stay pointed in the direction they're heading, I'm sure I'll be thanking the guys twice as much this time next year... ?ok
Estranged28
Opening Act

« Reply #394 on: December 15, 2006, 09:50:17 AM »

Merck giving the Tuesday countdown was misleading to the fans and the promoters. Not cool.

It was worse then that...to quote from Meet The Falkers "You have violated the circle of trust."

Merk did that on a regular basis...Axl gave him the boot because Merk made Axl look like a liar!

"But times are hard, our thrills are cheaper.? As your arms get shorter, your pockets get deeper!"
guns_n_motley
« Reply #395 on: December 15, 2006, 09:50:36 AM »

true, but axl said hes going to work hard to get it out by that tentative release date, more or less a couple of weeks.

Well have it in march for sure..

You know the history. ?If you want to set yourself up for it then go ahead.

I'd read Merck's response if you haven't already. ?There is still some work to be done and as Merck points out, you can't rush inspiration.

and your point is??? I have read the Merck article... AXL says the additions are minor and he will DO ANYTHING HE CAN to get it out around March 6....

its not axls work to be done... sounds to me like adding BBF, Frank etc...

this is the only time axl has given a date... its always been something vague like "around this time"

but axl has given a date he wants it out by/around...

I believe axl will meet that date.

this isnt 2002, axl plans to get this cd out... but as was said in both articles, problems with record label, problems with scheduling tour dates and not being able to finish the cd, problems with axl not being able to finish it on tour etc....

This is GOOD news... theres no need to make everything seem bad...
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #396 on: December 15, 2006, 09:51:30 AM »

Quote from: guns_n_motley link=topic=41235.msg832722#msg832722
This is GOOD news... theres no need to make everything seem bad...
[quote

Amen and please keep these types of comments coming!

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
zman
Rocker

LONG LIVE 80's METAL!!

« Reply #397 on: December 15, 2006, 09:51:41 AM »

Ah Fuck what a bitter/sweet annoucemet the album finally has a tentative release date but with the cancelation of the 2 shows i was attending that fucking sux shit.

He said there will be a press release about the cd march 6th thats not the release date. ?ok
o and do es anyone think baz knew about the cancellations because he said he knew the release date.

Um you better re-read the article it says a TENATIVE RELEASE DATE OF MARCH 6

"IT'S ONE LOUDER ISN'T IT?"

"It's like a Sherlock Holmes story-a lot of fog and pipes."
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #398 on: December 15, 2006, 09:52:33 AM »

Very cool letter, very honest and open.

I don't think March 6th is going to be the release date at all. no chance in hell. ?they can try all they want but i won't believe it even if i go into a record store and see it there hahaha.

what will be cool to look forward to in the next couple of months will be the promotion and a single (hopefully) of CD

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #399 on: December 15, 2006, 09:53:42 AM »

Very cool letter, very honest and open.

I don't think March 6th is going to be the release date at all. no chance in hell.  they can try all they want but i won't believe it even if i go into a record store and see it there hahaha.

what will be cool to look forward to in the next couple of months will be the promotion and a single (hopefully) of CD

That's where I'm at mentally right now. I can't wait for that radio single and video news. Can't wait to see that first magazine ad or promo poster in stores.

Oh lord.... the months ahead should be awesome for us!

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 55 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: