Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 03:38:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228483 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  An open letter to the fans from Axl - Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 55 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An open letter to the fans from Axl - Discussion  (Read 158346 times)
nooz
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #360 on: December 15, 2006, 08:49:25 AM »

I can imagine the unforeseen, unexplainable, traumatic and disassociated events that keep an album from being released for twenty years that it?s better to say nothing about.

Way to stop the spin. rant

On the upside as a nine to five working person, you should know it's the same all over.

The quantum physics created by spaces that remained unfilled by disassociated events being filled with music that no one has imagined is some how the redeeming moment in the long twisted trail that enables that music to eventually be heard at all.

That is the best letter that Ax has ever written and I think it shows this band unit is in sync, not hired hands. Glad I got to see them this year.

Nine is the number of completion hence 2007 makes total sense. Good luck and happy holidays.
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #361 on: December 15, 2006, 08:49:49 AM »

i dont think there will be a huge cue of people trying to be the new manager..........with all the geeks kicking around hounding management, its just not worth it no

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
Perfect Criminal
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #362 on: December 15, 2006, 08:51:01 AM »

A great letter.

Do I believe that March 6 we'll have Chinese Democracy....not for a second because this is GNR after all. ?But it was nice to get some info straight from Axl. ?

Kudos Axl! ?This is the type of communication your fans need and deserve. ?Good luck to them over the next 10 weeks! ?I want an epic video to along with Better.
asylumdave
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #363 on: December 15, 2006, 08:52:21 AM »

Did anyone else see the thread from "Open Letter From Merk" it was on just minutes ago.  It was from merk with attached emails.  Why was it yanked?
Axl&Baz07
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #364 on: December 15, 2006, 09:00:20 AM »

Thank you for the letter, Axl! ?It was very professional to write directly to the fans, and I appreciate it.

I have been a fan since 87, and was going to see GN'R for the first time on January 16, 2007. ?I could cry from the disappointment of knowing that my plans have gotten shot down again, this time. ?(this time i have had a ticket since September, though) ?I hope San Diego is rescheduled again, or that you can play a show in Phoenix,AZ sometime soon.

I, like every other fan out there, am *really* looking forward to CD. (I am not one of the 'downloading mf's') I'll buy three copies (one for my Son, my Mom, and myself) as soon as I can.
My Best to You & to the band.

Happy Holidays! ?love

"Some People got a chip on their shoulder, an some would say it was Me..."
FortusGNR21
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #365 on: December 15, 2006, 09:03:43 AM »

What a fucking great thing to wake up to! Yeah, I'll admit after all the hope It woulda been great to see the album in 2006. However, all I ever wanted was communication and a release date (however tentative). It give us all something to aim towards and to look foward to! Thanks Axl and here's to 2007 being when Chinese Democracy Starts!!! ?peace

I get up around 7, get outta bed around 9, and I don't worry bout nothin no because worryin's a waste of my fuckin time!
agropolus
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #366 on: December 15, 2006, 09:04:14 AM »

but i'll believe chinese democracy is out when it is in my hands and the cd is playing on my stereo.

I've been saying that for years, lol, that maybe even when it's playing in my stereo I'll still doubt if it's coming out or not Smiley

Anyway, I'm glad we are getting info this time and directly from Axl, no doubt the most trustworthy source. It sucks that they were planning to come to Brazil early 2007, I guess that's not gonna happen now, but I'll still wait for them later next year! Cheesy
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #367 on: December 15, 2006, 09:11:39 AM »

It's on every other GnR forum.

For now, you're welcome to go read it at every other GN'R forum.
Estranged28
Opening Act

« Reply #368 on: December 15, 2006, 09:12:36 AM »

This was a great Fucking letter!? However, the picture becomes even more cleare if/when you do read Merk's letter as well.? It is clear that the delay for this album occurred because Axl wanted to get Robin, Bumblefoot and Fred on the album for credit where credit is due!

I'm not excited about waiting 8 weeks, and knowing the date that Axl provided is NOT a promise, I wont be shocked if it gets pushed back to March 20th - The date Merk suggested in his letter.

That being said, it is a great read and it makes me feel (Merk letter too) that the band actually does care about the fans and is willing to give us a little peak inside the monster machine we all know and love as Guns N' Roses!

Merry Christmas!

"But times are hard, our thrills are cheaper.? As your arms get shorter, your pockets get deeper!"
asylumdave
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #369 on: December 15, 2006, 09:15:22 AM »

Have I done something wrong by posting this information. ?If this site is actually run by the band or management I can see the point of censoring the material. ?Otherwise, why even visit this site if information is going to be pulled and manuevered to say what the moderators feel should be said or seen? ?I apologize if the truth and openness are not allowed in this forum.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #370 on: December 15, 2006, 09:16:25 AM »

This was a great Fucking letter!  However, the picture becomes even more cleare if/when you do read Merk's letter as well.  It is clear that the delay for this album occurred because Axl wanted to get Robin, Bumblefoot and Fred on the album for credit where credit is due!

I'm not excited about waiting 8 weeks, and knowing the date that Axl provided is NOT a promise, I wont be shocked if it gets pushed back to March 20th - The date Merk suggested in his letter.

That being said, it is a great read and it makes me feel (Merk letter too) that the band actually does care about the fans and is willing to give us a little peak inside the monster machine we all know and love as Guns N' Roses!

Merry Christmas!

I'm glad Fred is on the album too.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #371 on: December 15, 2006, 09:20:05 AM »

Come on, give us an answer here. Why isn't the Merck response allowed to be posted?

I would imagine that since this forum supports Guns N' Roses and Merck is no longer part of that organization, then that's why they don't want his letter here.

Just a guess though.

So what if he's no longer part of it? The letter speaks positively of Axl. With all the Merck hate around here I think it's only fair that he gets the chance to explain himself. There's also alot of cool information in there.

I just don't see how it portays Axl or the band negatively.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #372 on: December 15, 2006, 09:22:39 AM »

Come on, give us an answer here. Why isn't the Merck response allowed to be posted?

I would imagine that since this forum supports Guns N' Roses and Merck is no longer part of that organization, then that's why they don't want his letter here.

Just a guess though.

So what if he's no longer part of it? The letter speaks positively of Axl. With all the Merck hate around here I think it's only fair that he gets the chance to explain himself. There's also alot of cool information in there.

We still have no confirmation that it's even from Merck.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #373 on: December 15, 2006, 09:25:01 AM »

Just a guess though.

We still have no confirmation that it's even from Merck.

Well, that shouldn't be to hard considering this site has been in contact with him for a long time. I just want an explanation from the mods, is it real? What?

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
zman
Rocker

LONG LIVE 80's METAL!!

« Reply #374 on: December 15, 2006, 09:26:34 AM »

Ah Fuck what a bitter/sweet annoucemet the album finally has a tentative release date but with the cancelation of the 2 shows i was attending that fucking sux shit.

"IT'S ONE LOUDER ISN'T IT?"

"It's like a Sherlock Holmes story-a lot of fog and pipes."
Sparksry
VIP

Keep Calm and Welcome to the Jungle

« Reply #375 on: December 15, 2006, 09:31:35 AM »

Ah Fuck what a bitter/sweet annoucemet the album finally has a tentative release date but with the cancelation of the 2 shows i was attending that fucking sux shit.

He said there will be a press release about the cd march 6th thats not the release date. ?ok
o and do es anyone think baz knew about the cancellations because he said he knew the release date.

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #376 on: December 15, 2006, 09:32:15 AM »

I'm just confused that Merck refers to the fact that the label will not hand over funding for promotion or video treatments until the album gets handed over, then says that up until today, that is where we still stand.  Is the record not finished.

In his internal communications attachments, Merck also mentions an initial release date of February, then says to push it back to March 20th.  Which is it?  The 6th or the 20th?

his email is dated december 15th , also axl's was yesterday, seems merc has been up all night thinking of something to write
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #377 on: December 15, 2006, 09:33:42 AM »

i think im alone in the fact that i feel a little sorry for merck. i think he tried his best, but under the pressure / ?glare of all of us and media, its too much and he made bad decisions (he made a mistake, all of us have).

even after being canned he doesn't have anything bad to say about thew band

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
TWT
Rocker

GNR's next lead guitarist

« Reply #378 on: December 15, 2006, 09:34:40 AM »

Axl should have given us this maybe a month or two back to stop us all going mad, but better late than never ?ok

We believe this strategy may have been used as a tool by management to sell this latest tour to the various promoters, and if this was the case, this was obviously unfair to them.

That much was obvious to me all along. Good to see the back of the person responsible for this betrayal.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2006, 09:38:06 AM by TWAT » Logged
guns_n_motley
« Reply #379 on: December 15, 2006, 09:35:37 AM »

He said there will be a press release about the cd march 6th thats not the release date. ?ok
o and do es anyone think baz knew about the cancellations because he said he knew the release date.

um no, he said March 6 is the tentative release date
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 55 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: