Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 08:34:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228479 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  An open letter to the fans from Axl - Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 55 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An open letter to the fans from Axl - Discussion  (Read 158202 times)
Rockin' Rose
VIP

« Reply #260 on: December 15, 2006, 04:35:12 AM »

Great letter Axl, I hope everything goes well and finally you can get the weight of a small world of your shoulders.

Na Naa Naa Naa Na Naa Naa...
meanmachine73
Rocker

« Reply #261 on: December 15, 2006, 04:37:26 AM »

Like all Businesses, when there is a problem there will always be a scape goat. In my opinion Merck was simply following the official line from his employers. Is he still employed by the record label and simply reasssigned to another artist?

Why did it take until 2 weeks before the end of the year for Axl to respond to Mercks comments regarding CD being released this year (13 tuesdays left) made 3 months ago?

Regarding the cancelled shows, could that possibly coincide when the band may be recording a video for a single release prior to the Album hitting?

Keep em under your wheels.
Saboteur
« Reply #262 on: December 15, 2006, 04:40:38 AM »

Fucking great news  peace
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #263 on: December 15, 2006, 04:41:53 AM »

Finally som communication! And promise of more communication if the the tenatative date is not met. It's all good then ok ?Good luck to Axl and Guns ?beer

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
quarky
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #264 on: December 15, 2006, 04:42:52 AM »

Yeah this thread is dedicated to All the Guns n' fuckin' Roses fans
Who stuck with us through all the
Fucking shit
And to all those opposed...
Hmmm.. Well?

Great letter Axl. Look forward to a release next year ?beer
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #265 on: December 15, 2006, 04:43:43 AM »

Who the fuck cares about what could and should have been?

We've been fans of this band, and this man, for so long that we all should know what to expect. Axl is who he is, and this is him giving us all he can at this point. Appreciate him making an effort. It would be sweet if he was like Pearl Jam and what not when it comes to the fans, but he isn't, so stop bitching about it. This is what we get, if you expected more you obviously have alot to learn about this band. 95% of us a thrilled about this, that should tell you something.

Of course he knew a long time ago. But he had a tour coming up. He had a comeback to make. It's not like he wanted this to happen. But when it did he tried to do the best he could. You can't risk another 2002 by telling the world right before your tour starts that the album isn't coming up. In a way we were decieved, but so what? That's life. Everybody not living under a rock should know this happens all the fucking time.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2006, 04:52:04 AM by polluxlm » Logged

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
junglegunner
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #266 on: December 15, 2006, 04:53:04 AM »

the good thing it was channel here first through the hardcore fans even if it is just the tentative release date .... 

gonna grab a beer for this one ....

beer beer  smoking
muffinass
Headliner

I'm a muffin!

« Reply #267 on: December 15, 2006, 04:55:07 AM »

Who the fuck cares about what could and should have been?

We've been fans of this band, and this man, for so long that we all should know what to expect. Axl is who he is, and this is him giving us all he can at this point. Appreciate him making an effort. It would be sweet if he was like Pearl Jam and what not when it comes to the fans, but he isn't, so stop bitching about it. This is what we get, if you expected more you're obviously have alot to learn about this band. 95% of us a thrilled about this, that should tell you something.

Of course he knew a long time ago. But he had a tour coming up. He had a comeback to make. It's not like he wanted this to happen. But when it did he tried to do the best he could. You can't risk another 2002 by telling the world right before your tour starts that the album isn't coming up. In a way we were decieved, but so what? That's life. Everybody not living under a rock should know this happens all the fucking time.

? ?the same ignorance of the possibilities and could'ofs that we're talking about rings a bit familiar to the attitude you had prior to axl's statement about the release of CD and your anger with management/GNR.

? ?you don't risk another 2002 by openly mentioning to the fans/media "look, the album's NOT coming out this year like we promised...we're blaming the manager who we just fired, etc"...if you spin the shock & awe of the band in relation to the fuck-up w/ the release EARLY on, you don't risk anything...you issue a press statement saying what Axl just said now, and continue the tour with the already informed concert goers knowing they can expect an album by the end of it.

? ? sigh...i just know i'll have to put a disclaimer before each post, explaining to people that what follows is an opinion open to discussion, open to change, etc etc...i'd rather discuss and clear up some questions than post redundant adulation...

Nov.15th, Air Canada Center !!!
miss bomb
Rocker

nanook

« Reply #268 on: December 15, 2006, 04:58:32 AM »

that was a good move axl!!

great letter, and GREAT NEWS!! 2007  beer

7.6.6,11.6.6,29.7.6x2,10.11.6
Billo
VIP

"soon" is the word....SOON :)

« Reply #269 on: December 15, 2006, 05:05:06 AM »

Man its so funny yesterday people were bagging Axl for not having the CD out this year and then he has an announcement and then everythings all good again..sorry but its amuseing.. :peace

But really its awesome to get an official letter from Axl giving up some new info and clearing up some rumors ect..
Tentative release march 6th...dont think its a sure thing but its not to far away so its all good..
Looks like guns will be very busy planning how to unleash this album to the world..Cant wait. ok

If u love guns the wait it allmost over..HEHE
Chris Axl
All that I wanted was...
Rocker

Axl Got My Sunglasses

« Reply #270 on: December 15, 2006, 05:07:19 AM »

thank you Axl Rose!!!!

Keep up the good work.

LOVE YOU!

If I were you, I'd manage to abhor the invitation
Of promised love that can't keep up with your adoration
Just use your head, and in the end you'll find your inspiration
To choose your steps and w
Alina
Rocker

« Reply #271 on: December 15, 2006, 05:08:16 AM »

What a GREAT news ?beer

I'm so happy that CD will have a proper promotion ?yes and not just will hit the stores .

Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #272 on: December 15, 2006, 05:08:54 AM »

Happy birthday lucky, because in 2007 you'll be getting CD...!

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
mr self destruct
Headliner

That's not stardust on my feet

« Reply #273 on: December 15, 2006, 05:09:25 AM »

Thank you for this letter Axl!  Smiley beer

Every time I see them makes me wish I had a gun.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #274 on: December 15, 2006, 05:09:42 AM »

Man its so funny yesterday people were bagging Axl for not having the CD out this year and then he has an announcement and then everythings all good again..sorry but its amuseing.. :peace

I think the main issue people had was that we were kept in the dark about the album's status after being told it would be out... Axl cleared that up, and it looks like he will do the same thing if the album is delayed again. ? beer

So wait a minute, does the breakup of GN'R and their management make Mysteron a regular old run-of-the-mill poster now? ? Grin
iloozion
Rocker

...we had the strength to choose...

« Reply #275 on: December 15, 2006, 05:10:20 AM »

great letter, restored all my faith! thanks Axl!

unfortunately i'm gunna be on holiday on March 6th in thailand. I really wanted to take a day off work on it's release - get to the shops at midnight - buy a copy (and DVD/Shirt/poster/everything I can lay my hands on!) , take it home and listen to it full blast on the stereo...

...I guess at least I can get a thai version of it?!!
ftheup
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #276 on: December 15, 2006, 05:11:39 AM »

The letter is on the official site now.
Red1
VIP

yeah, you probably have seen me around.....

« Reply #277 on: December 15, 2006, 05:13:12 AM »

Excellent letter.  I actually almost puked when I read the bit about March 6th.  Tentative or not, it is a big deal.

What I am really pleased about is that this came directly to Jarmo to be issued to the fans first. 

JARMO FOR MANAGER!  rofl
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #278 on: December 15, 2006, 05:13:39 AM »

the same ignorance of the possibilities and could'ofs that we're talking about rings a bit familiar to the attitude you had prior to axl's statement about the release of CD and your anger with management/GNR.

It's easy to be a smartass after the fact. Rip me all you want, I don't care. This is what I wanted all along since I knew 06 was out of the question. I don't dwell on the past. What's the fucking point, right?

I could give you a long explanation on how this and that works, plays out and what not. But I wont. I'm too happy.

you don't risk another 2002 by openly mentioning to the fans/media "look, the album's NOT coming out this year like we promised...we're blaming the manager who we just fired, etc"...if you spin the shock & awe of the band in relation to the fuck-up w/ the release EARLY on, you don't risk anything...you issue a press statement saying what Axl just said now, and continue the tour with the already informed concert goers knowing they can expect an album by the end of it.

Like Axl said, there are many details we don't know about. Nothing is easy, nothing is what it seems, nothing is black and white. So why pretend? Just so you can justify some petty anger? I love GN'R, and I accept the fact that bullshit has happened, and will continue to happen. And belive me, there will be a time when that can be adressed, but when something good happens I like to focus on that. I ain't got time going around being pissed about things out of my control. At least not at the moment.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #279 on: December 15, 2006, 05:16:12 AM »

Maybe Mysteron can confirm Merck no longer being with the band? hihi

What the fuck ever happened to the Street Teams?

WTF was that about 4 years ago or so..........

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 55 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: