Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 08:48:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228480 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  An open letter to the fans from Axl - Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 55 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An open letter to the fans from Axl - Discussion  (Read 158227 times)
Kallyopia
Headliner

« Reply #240 on: December 15, 2006, 04:03:06 AM »

Cool, thanks Axl, fans here and in france are happy to read you and to know that we care of us  yes

and happy to come back on HTGTH  Wink
winter_rose
Staremaster
Headliner

You?re one in a million

« Reply #241 on: December 15, 2006, 04:04:57 AM »

Its going to be a good Christmas knowing that something will actually be happening in the new year.

Cheers Axl!

I got a thought that would be nice
I like to crush your head tight in my vice - PAIN!!!!!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #242 on: December 15, 2006, 04:05:58 AM »

I agree, I think it being the middle of December and Merck not doing anything was the final straw.

There is only one person that can make GNR work and that is Axl. So im glad he is taking over control of every aspect.

Axl did the impossible.

He united Old and New GNR fans finally

All it took was a letter.

that was it.

I havent seen 1 negative comment in this entire thread.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
aramelus
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #243 on: December 15, 2006, 04:06:40 AM »

Maybe the general silence about the album is now over, and we hear a new song at one of the last show ;c)
Paintbox
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #244 on: December 15, 2006, 04:06:57 AM »

Not to be nagative but:

1. Axl knew about the '13' Tuesdays release date comment 12 weeks ago. It's interesting to me that with two Tuesdays left, Axl makes a statement about it.

This is exactly what is very very strange about the letter. Axl is in the know about the rumours/complaints by the fans (from BBF, Beta, etc). We know this for sure (re: comment on Better).

And you can't tell me he didn't figure out the album wasn't going to come out, and that Merck didn't pull the right PR yet to tell the media/fans.
  That said, I can't honestly hold anything against Axl/GNR, and neither should anyone else I hope.

Whatever your feelings are about the truthfulness/accuracy of the letter, the fact that one WAS issued, and on top of that, issued to the fans first (Jarmo, thank you), shows that communication IS a new approach of GNR.

Bravo and thank you Axl/PR team...the open communication is much appreciated (and thank God it didn't disappear like we all thought)...

this is not strange. he was on tour, he played with that. people believe something will happen and they went to the show. if this letter comes out a month ago no tour could ever be done, and no tour = no money.

"gooood axl". mah.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #245 on: December 15, 2006, 04:08:47 AM »

I agree, I think it being the middle of December and Merck not doing anything was the final straw.

There is only one person that can make GNR work and that is Axl. So im glad he is taking over control of every aspect.

Axl did the impossible.

He united Old and New GNR fans finally

All it took was a letter.

that was it.

Doug Goldstein?

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #246 on: December 15, 2006, 04:09:14 AM »

You know they're all getting deleted right? ? hihi
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #247 on: December 15, 2006, 04:11:47 AM »

To all those who think Merck is just a scapegoat.

You don't fire your manager just to have an excuse.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
speak_truth
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #248 on: December 15, 2006, 04:11:57 AM »

Glad Axl put out this letter almost at the end of the year, not before november, almost when the tour is over and I guess the managers job is done. could have saved us GNR fans alot of letdowns if he just cameout a month ago. guess he felt touring in january with the words chinese democracy tour plastered around and no album would feel weird
slane92
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #249 on: December 15, 2006, 04:12:36 AM »

Thank you Axl, thats all we ever wanted, to know what is happening. ok

Looking forward to March 6th. or thereabouts. ?beer

Thanks to the band for a great 2006.

"You had The Who, Led Zeppelin and The Beatles for previous generations. As far as rock bands and anyone that is in their early thirties to forties, our band is Guns N? Roses..."Alex Grossi
muffinass
Headliner

I'm a muffin!

« Reply #250 on: December 15, 2006, 04:14:26 AM »

this is not strange. he was on tour, he played with that. people believe something will happen and they went to the show. if this letter comes out a month ago no tour could ever be done, and no tour = no money.

"gooood axl". mah.

?fully agree...didn't justify my doubts too clearly...all signs point to your conclusion (and the others it infers).

?either way, i'm really curious to see how this 'new' approach to CD promotion will play out...merck leaving should mean that we can expect more open and quicker communication...it'll be a good analysis/understanding of the Axl-method of PR & promotion

Nov.15th, Air Canada Center !!!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #251 on: December 15, 2006, 04:17:00 AM »

I just read the letter again and I honestly feel he cares about us as fans now.

I think he has caught wind of everyone's complaints and instead of CENSORING or not paying attention, he realizes how important we are and his apology was great and should be fully accepted by every fan.

I think in every business, government or just whatever, U have to have checks and balances.  I think our posts being deleted and censored was MERCK not wanting Axl to catch wind of how pissed off the hardcore fans were.

hardcore fans would take a fucking bullet for their heroes. SO if u are pissing them off, u know u are fucking up.

So i think Axl realized how wrong everything was being ran and he absolutely has done the right thing and i applaud him and respect him so much now for doing and saying what he said.

muffinass
Headliner

I'm a muffin!

« Reply #252 on: December 15, 2006, 04:17:32 AM »

To all those who think Merck is just a scapegoat.

You don't fire your manager just to have an excuse.

? ?you could...it's fairly easy to play the card of "the band followed the manager's plan, we were touring, a lot was at stake to fire him earlier...so we decided to put our faith in his plan coming to fruition...that wasn't the case, we and the fans were let down, turn over a new leaf"

? ?

horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #253 on: December 15, 2006, 04:19:31 AM »

now isn't that a whole lot better.

THANKZ AXL !

the one an only horsey !
Jaci_Roxx
« Reply #254 on: December 15, 2006, 04:21:06 AM »

You wanted a release date (they're ALL 'tentative' release dates in the music business!)... now you have one! Some people are so f*cking hard to please... ?no

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #255 on: December 15, 2006, 04:21:38 AM »

Managers have certain responsibilities when it comes to the business side of things. Everything seemed to be completely cluster fucked by Merck.

When that November 21st date leaked to Rolling Stone I think the writing was on the wall for Merck.

I think what people have overlooked the most with that letter is:

Chinese Democracy is finished!

Thats what ev eryone is overlooking.

He said it takes 8 weeks for an album to be released after its turned in.

Well if its tentatively schedule for March 6th, He would have to turn it in by My birthday January 6th.

So it has to be pretty much finished.

Maybe contracts have to do with Brain, maybe they are using some of Buckethead's contributions and they have to have him sign off and give permission to keep his parts on the record, who knows??

muffinass
Headliner

I'm a muffin!

« Reply #256 on: December 15, 2006, 04:22:06 AM »

I just read the letter again and I honestly feel he cares about us as fans now.

I think he has caught wind of everyone's complaints and instead of CENSORING or not paying attention, he realizes how important we are and his apology was great and should be fully accepted by every fan.

I think in every business, government or just whatever, U have to have checks and balances.? I think our posts being deleted and censored was MERCK not wanting Axl to catch wind of how pissed off the hardcore fans were.

hardcore fans would take a fucking bullet for their heroes. SO if u are pissing them off, u know u are fucking up.

So i think Axl realized how wrong everything was being ran and he absolutely has done the right thing and i applaud him and respect him so much now for doing and saying what he said.

? that was my first impression, but i think it's too naive...I can't possibly think that Axl didn't know the shitstorm that was happening here (and over at other msg boards - i.e. the Italian site). hell, rumours alone, but the number of visitors on the msg board dropped drastically in the past week(s).
 ?
 ? we know that both BBF and Beta are/were very updated on the rumours fuelling the fires here...either they all didn't say anything or sugarcoated the news to Axl, or...draw your own conclusion

goonersnroses
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #257 on: December 15, 2006, 04:23:59 AM »

All faith and hope restored in a matter of hours, we really experiance some ups and downs as GNFNR fans eh? gotta love it though! Cool
muffinass
Headliner

I'm a muffin!

« Reply #258 on: December 15, 2006, 04:25:20 AM »

You wanted a release date (they're ALL 'tentative' release dates in the music business!)... now you have one! Some people are so f*cking hard to please... ?no

? ?....all that does is allow other people to tag along and start the "all-praise GNR / all-hate on any doubts brought up by members"...

? ?notice we're having a discussion and not a shit-flinging fest. read the posts again and you'll see the overall commentary is positive of the letter.

speak_truth
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #259 on: December 15, 2006, 04:29:40 AM »

contract negotiations need to be completed and barring any unforeseen complications these things have now been adequately scheduled

so the person(s) have to meet, like appointment maybe face to face but mostly lawyers, that could have been done months ago behind the scene, unless axl wants to meet.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 55 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: