Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 05:49:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  An open letter to the fans from Axl - Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 55 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An open letter to the fans from Axl - Discussion  (Read 158144 times)
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #220 on: December 15, 2006, 03:35:00 AM »

Beta for manager!

Ron for spokesman!
NiGhTrAiN?
Headliner

Where's my Geritol? I need some Ensure

« Reply #221 on: December 15, 2006, 03:35:41 AM »

Good to know that he finally said something though I'm sorry to say that again it is always someone else's fault never his.I wonder whose band it is anyway
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #222 on: December 15, 2006, 03:37:37 AM »

That letter makes up for everything pretty much, I dont know what caused Axl to do this but Im glad he did.

My personal theory is, i think Axl was has been delaying CD due to the lawsuits with the former band. I think he wants to make sure everything truly is 100 percent kosher with him using the names, Trademarks etc before he goes forth with an album and everything else.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
bushkarocks!!
« Reply #223 on: December 15, 2006, 03:40:11 AM »

i am glad we finnaly have some good response toward the fans from axl.

don't know if all is to believe what is said in the letter.
but i believe we will see the album sooooon (6 march 2007 woohoo) beer
thelostrose
Rocker

For Promotional Use Only...

« Reply #224 on: December 15, 2006, 03:41:32 AM »

Quote from: Axl Rose
In the end it?s just an album [...]

now this really cracks me up!!!!!? rofl rofl rofl

...this melody inside of me still searches for solution...
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #225 on: December 15, 2006, 03:41:53 AM »

I just don't quite understand the END OF GUNS line...did he just mean the end of guns with Merck or the end of GUNS period?
nightrain_jh
Rocker

« Reply #226 on: December 15, 2006, 03:42:33 AM »

the ends of guns involvement with merck

Don't Damn Me!!
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #227 on: December 15, 2006, 03:43:11 AM »

I just don't quite understand the END OF GUNS line...did he just mean the end of guns with Merck or the end of GUNS period?

End of guns with Merck .

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
ghsqb
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #228 on: December 15, 2006, 03:45:12 AM »

I'm hoping that Axl, or anyone in the G'NR camp is noticing the overwhelmingly positive response to this letter.

Despite the delay, almost everyone seems very much on board, and that's got to be encouraging to the band.

Let this be a lesson, Axl, whomever....whichever direction the management of the band takes from this point....just talk to us!!!.

Most of us are a pretty understanding lot, we just hate being in the dark.

I don't want to damper anyone's enthusiasm of this news at all, but one thing jumps to mind about this:

Merck's/Sanctuary's deal with Axl on the publishing rights to the back catalogue and future recordings......could this move possibly affect the release of the CD further?
I know we wouldn't have any way of knowing for sure, but it's something to think about.

From my perspective, Axl tells me March 6th, I'll be in line the 5th until I hear different.

ghsqb
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #229 on: December 15, 2006, 03:47:31 AM »

You need to read the rest of the sentence!

The end of both Guns and my relationship in having a management or sense of band involvement with Merck Mercuriadis.

In other words Merck is no longer associated with Axl personally, nor G'NR.
Bit_Obscene
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #230 on: December 15, 2006, 03:52:49 AM »

Just like to say that disappointed as I am the album won't be released this year, I really appreciate Axl taking the time to put us in the picture like this, and an actual release date (though tentative) is a positive step. Also, March 6th is my birthday, so please Axl, make this date!
italysfinest1985
Rocker

Riding on the night train...

« Reply #231 on: December 15, 2006, 03:54:26 AM »

I am so drunk right now that I hope I don't wake up in the morning with this fucking great letter just being part of a  great dream.

Guns N Roses Custom Reunion Trailer (Axl & Slash)
https://youtu.be/7NdNrNslYkU
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #232 on: December 15, 2006, 03:55:05 AM »

This makes up for the album not coming out this year.

Axl seems truly ready to take back over the music world. that letter proves that he is ready to kick some fucking ass and I am excited for the first time since the 2002 VMA's.

Paintbox
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #233 on: December 15, 2006, 03:55:52 AM »

I give up.

"That being said this is not a promise, a lie or a guarantee but we do wish to announce a tentative release date of March 6th."

Tentative release? This is a joke. I'm sorry mr. Rose, on march 5th I have to buy Grinderman's new album. And if chinese democracy will ever come out, well, I will listen it not in the usual way.
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #234 on: December 15, 2006, 03:57:10 AM »

This makes up for the album not coming out this year.

I agree fully with that .it's pretty damn nice to get news start from the man .

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #235 on: December 15, 2006, 03:58:06 AM »

WOW March, so many great new albums coming out next year. Its gonna be a great musical year.

Note, this is the first release date technically we have ever had. So I got my fingers crossed for at least June.

I noticed earlier someone mentioned Better as the first single with a live concert video.

I hope not.

I hate Concert Videos, they are boring in my opinion. I like mini movies that go with the song.

RHCP's have a great new single out "Snow, Hey Oh" but the video is just a live shot ?and it sucks.

Axl is the king of the music video so i hope he does something special like with the Illusions.

slunksoma
Headliner

Here Today...Gone to Bed

« Reply #236 on: December 15, 2006, 03:58:11 AM »

Good work Axl, looking back the whole 13 tuesdays thing was ridiculous fabrication by management (as some of us thought), but we couldnt help but get caught up in it. hindsight is 20:20! I confess i had the idea that Merck and Axl were on the same wavelength and it never occured to my that it could be anything but that. Glad the record has been set straight and can't wait for the 6th!
nightrain_jh
Rocker

« Reply #237 on: December 15, 2006, 04:00:41 AM »

like i said earlier axl is a superstar.

so surely us in the uk get a tentative release date of the 5th March?  beer

Don't Damn Me!!
slunksoma
Headliner

Here Today...Gone to Bed

« Reply #238 on: December 15, 2006, 04:02:04 AM »

just talk to us!!!.

Most of us are a pretty understanding lot, we just hate being in the dark.

The fact of the matter is i reckon is that there is so much red tape and legal matters surrounding the whys and what nots of this album that they cant say anything without being hauled into court. He alluded to this RE: the cancelled concerts last time round-they still can't say what went on!
muffinass
Headliner

I'm a muffin!

« Reply #239 on: December 15, 2006, 04:02:59 AM »

Not to be nagative but:

?1. Axl knew about the '13' Tuesdays release date comment 12 weeks ago. It's interesting to me that with two Tuesdays left, Axl makes a statement about it.

?This is exactly what is very very strange about the letter. Axl is in the know about the rumours/complaints by the fans (from BBF, Beta, etc). We know this for sure (re: comment on Better).

?And you can't tell me he didn't figure out the album wasn't going to come out, and that Merck didn't pull the right PR yet to tell the media/fans.
 ?That said, I can't honestly hold anything against Axl/GNR, and neither should anyone else I hope.

?Whatever your feelings are about the truthfulness/accuracy of the letter, the fact that one WAS issued, and on top of that, issued to the fans first (Jarmo, thank you), shows that communication IS a new approach of GNR.
  True...it could've simply been a last-minute solution to save their ass publicly (more silence = another 2002 delay => another 2006 in 2008/2010, with even less ticketsales - they had less this year correct? more shows, but less ticketsales on average). But the fact that there is an attempt to salvage the album and keep the band together should (it does in my case) overlook any little negative quirks...
 ? ?
 ?Bravo and thank you Axl/PR team...the open communication is much appreciated (and thank God it didn't disappear like we all thought)...
« Last Edit: December 15, 2006, 04:07:12 AM by muffinass » Logged

Nov.15th, Air Canada Center !!!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 55 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: