Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 05:34:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  An open letter to the fans from Axl - Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 55 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An open letter to the fans from Axl - Discussion  (Read 158114 times)
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #200 on: December 15, 2006, 02:47:31 AM »

Great letter from Axl, and it's the very first time we've ever gotten an "official" date rigt down to the day from his mouth aside from the "you will hear music this year" back in January.

I'm curious though, from what Axl has said, does that mean that Chinese Democracy was only handed in completed 3 weeks ago?

Anyway, bring on March 6th 2007!!! ok beer

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #201 on: December 15, 2006, 02:55:20 AM »

Thanks to the band & Axl for the open letter... much appreciated.
nightrain_jh
Rocker

« Reply #202 on: December 15, 2006, 02:59:59 AM »

just read the letter. awesone from axl.  all the fans i'm sure appreciate the honesty.  march 6th is down in my diary right now.

axl you are a true superstar. headbanger

do we know of any reason this has not been posted on the official gn'r site?

Don't Damn Me!!
DemocracyRose
« Reply #203 on: December 15, 2006, 03:01:16 AM »

Great letter. Thanks Axl... ok
JimMorrison4
Rocker

« Reply #204 on: December 15, 2006, 03:02:25 AM »

Wow.. interesting read. I won't hold my breath for March 6 (because, well, you know), but there is some new hope. An official statement from Axl is always appreciated.

I didn't read the whole thread, but if anyone said "CHINESE DEMOCRACY STARTS MARCH 6" should never be allowed to buy, download, or even listen to the album.
speak_truth
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #205 on: December 15, 2006, 03:04:48 AM »

just got in, can someone refresh me, did he say the album was done? if not then the cd was never really coming out this year, why waste time touring and not setting aside time for a real release.
monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #206 on: December 15, 2006, 03:06:30 AM »

Reading that letter was fantastic and I think such a communication was just what myself and i'm sure many other fans had
longed for.

GNR Foverver!  beer

And looking forward to march now  drool

dodger girl
Rocker

art is resistance

« Reply #207 on: December 15, 2006, 03:08:36 AM »

I forgot one thing in my original post:

THANK YOU AXL!!

Merry Christmas for you and all GN'R, rock on!! peace

SLCPUNK
« Reply #208 on: December 15, 2006, 03:10:10 AM »

just got in, can someone refresh me, did he say the album was done? if not then the cd was never really coming out this year, why waste time touring and not setting aside time for a real release.

Here is a crazy notion.......read the letter.
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #209 on: December 15, 2006, 03:10:20 AM »

Great message from Axl! Finally some offical statements about chinese democracy....
MUCH APPRECIATIONS!

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
sami ben tovim
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #210 on: December 15, 2006, 03:15:47 AM »

axl also said "it is this year".....so...
until i have cd in my hand i believe nothing Lips Sealed
crash_diet
Rocker

"...too stupid to leave with nothing to loose..."

« Reply #211 on: December 15, 2006, 03:15:58 AM »

well, it s great we have news form the source - and Axl is definately THE source Smiley

from a first read here what i understand:

it seems that there was a problem with management - and when Axl said "maybe Merck did this ?just to sell the North American Tour to promoters", well that made me think that Axl was so pissed off at some point Tongue

anyway, i m sure that from now and till the album hits the stores, we will all anlyze the shit out of this letter, we ll discover any kind of conspiracies etc etc, but the bottom line for me is this :

I never thought all these years that Axl was dishonest or a liar - i thought that he was trying to do things in his way and deliver a great album... i sure dont know what legal problems exist or existed in the past - but i m sure that those legal problems was very serious and couldnt be overcomed in short time.... ?Now that we were near the end, some new problems obviously existed concerning the management of the group and the promotion of the album....

we can try and ?find millions of reasons to bash Axl and tell him he could do otherwise in every step of this way, i m sure some of use would so... or we can keep our faith, we can still support this man and his group , GUNS N ROSES, and have a little more patience... Axl proved with this letter he is sincere, he cares for his fans.. ?

cant wait for March.... Smiley

PS: i hope people wont start to call Merck names etc... maybe he did some things wrong, maybe Axl fired him, but let s not forget that he helped a lot the last few years....

This i love -------> Prostitute
...a shot of vitamin C and a bottle of booze...
Rocksteady
Rocker

Fist in the air in the land of hipocrisy

« Reply #212 on: December 15, 2006, 03:17:29 AM »

That was really cool from Axl to explains some things to us like that ?ok

This   is   Democracy!!!
speak_truth
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #213 on: December 15, 2006, 03:18:07 AM »

Here is a crazy notion.......read the letter.

Yes just read it, but wanted to know if anyone has ask the same questions I did earlier in the thread, reached a conclusion
Schwarzgold
VIP

KAWUGI!

« Reply #214 on: December 15, 2006, 03:23:10 AM »

axl also said "it is this year".....so...
until i have cd in my hand i believe nothing Lips Sealed

And so Axl thought. Geez, that's a business. He thought, everything's in place for a relaease and it wasn't. That's Merck fault, because he's the manager, it was his job and he (seemingly) told the band wrong. And it was Axls fault to believe a bad-working co-worker too long. Absolute normal professional humpty-dumpty. Can happen. Everywhere.

Did stuff like this never happen to you in your job?

It's not like an music album can be pulled out of a musicians ass like a magic banana in no time.

Restraint is for suckers.
JimMorrison4
Rocker

« Reply #215 on: December 15, 2006, 03:25:28 AM »

"In regard to a release date for the album itself certain minor and by that I do mean minor things and or additions as well as contract negotiations need to be completed and barring any unforeseen complications these things have now been adequately scheduled. Both the band and I along with our record company feel that this record deserves the proper setup and promotion not the ?13 Tuesdays left? and ?it may just appear in your record store? approach offered by management. We believe this strategy may have been used in order for management to sell this latest tour to the various promoters." --Axl Rose

By the way, if there's anyone left here who believed the "surprise release date" nonsense and got on me for constantly criticizing the people who were posting "surprise" theories, read the above quote over and over.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #216 on: December 15, 2006, 03:28:52 AM »

I feel Merck dropped the ball.

He told Rolling STone that shit that got put in the magazine which m ade Axl look bad.? Got everyone's hopes up with the 13 Tuesdays thing which further made Axl look bad.

I dont know this is pure speculation but I always felt Merck was the one responsible for shutting us fans down and that really pissed me off.

So Axl did the right thing, He doesnt need a manager, he can close ranks and do it himself.

I know everyone gets sick of me mentioning Jon Bon Jovi but their managers almost broke the band up and the band would've broke up had Jon not fired them and formed his own management company.

This is what I feel Axl is doing.

He is taking control over his situation and is tired of depending on others.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Jaci_Roxx
« Reply #217 on: December 15, 2006, 03:30:17 AM »

Thanks Axl for writing a letter to us! You just saved us from a lot of speculation, fighting, rumours and lies. Cheesy
By the way, that was a smart move (firing Merck). ?yes

March 6! ?beer
anythinggoes
« Reply #218 on: December 15, 2006, 03:30:44 AM »

Not the letter i was expecting but hey never mind roll on 2007 i hope every thing works out

but two questions i hope they can be aasked

1) Why hasnt this been posted on the official site (Actually the time may be a factor thinking about it)

2) who will take over Manager duties and without a manager can the album be released ?
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #219 on: December 15, 2006, 03:32:17 AM »

This is good news!

This letter not only shows that Axl and Merck were not on the same page regarding the promotion for this album, but the behind-the-scenes legalities have been constanly pushing the release for this record. One day, I hope, we'll get to know more about these "legalities".

I'm happy that Axl has given a release date. Eventhough I don't think it'll be released in March (more likely may, june) but this is the closest we've ever been so far. So another six months is nothing compare to what I've been waiting.

On a sad note, I feel bad for those who had tickets for the Jan. shows...this time though, Axl has saved the day  ok
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 55 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: