Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 03:48:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  An open letter to the fans from Axl - Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 55 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An open letter to the fans from Axl - Discussion  (Read 158056 times)
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #180 on: December 15, 2006, 01:57:07 AM »

new nin dvd in february
chinese democracy in march
new nin album in april

holy shit, i'll start saving some money.

OMG!  Shocked 
I knew I should have checked the NIN thread!  rant 

That's too much!!!!   rofl  rofl  rofl
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #181 on: December 15, 2006, 02:10:04 AM »

Finally, you just heard it from the man himself.

March 6th, while not a promise is the first release date ever announced by Axl Rose.

This seems more realistic than anything we've heard from the idiot, Merck Meningitis.  Hope he is fired.  I never bought any of his bull-shit jargon.

zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #182 on: December 15, 2006, 02:11:10 AM »

Glad someone got fired.

Merck deserved it something had to be done, somones head had to be chopped.

The letter I will take with a grain of salt.

I mean I was bashing Axl for abit for dicking his fans around, he made what seemed like a geniune apology and letter. So I applaud the letter and the attempt.

I have been critical of this board kissing managements ass and it doesnt seem to be the case anymore.

With that said thank you for finally coming out and setting the record straight for the fans, and for not dicking us around again.

I also liked how the letter didnt bash some fans that have been pissed off and critical of the band.

Cheers Jarmo for being in touch with Axl and whoever manages him now.

2007 hopefully.
well, I'm with you at this. at least I hope we will be getting some real news, not just vague bullshit. this is very promising. thank you.

gmGnR
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #183 on: December 15, 2006, 02:11:33 AM »

Thank you Axl.  I look forward to the album, as many people do. The shows were amazing and the new songs are way up there in my list of favorite songs already.

People will keep whining but I personally understand the situation and am not surprize of all the legal stuff. Shit happens... sometimes quite often.

2006 has been great. 2007 is going to be amazing.

Happy holidays

Paris - 06/06/1992
Paris - 07/13/1993
NYC - 12/05/2002
NYC - 05/12/2006
NYC - 05/14/2006
NYC - 05/17/2006,
E. Rutherford - 11/05/2006
NYC - 11/10/2006
Lethalis
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #184 on: December 15, 2006, 02:12:13 AM »

Well, I guess this is good news.

I've always felt this letter should happen, as well as the mention of a release date. Way to go Axl, you've regained some karma  peace
TheGun
Headliner

A splinter in your mind.

« Reply #185 on: December 15, 2006, 02:13:52 AM »

This rules!

3 months is nothing after all of these years... and frankly, at the end of the day, after everything that has been said or more like it, not said over the years, I just want to know what the news is, for good or bad.

I also have to say I am glad to read they are planning a proper album drop. I kept wondering why anyone in their right mind from the record company or not would do a stealth drop. It just would not make any real sense. Could it work? Sure, but there would be a hell of a lot of risk, and what is a few more dollars spent on ads going to hurt?!?!? I want this to take off!
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #186 on: December 15, 2006, 02:21:03 AM »

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
TrixAreForKids
Silly Rabbit
Rocker

Tongue like a razor.

« Reply #187 on: December 15, 2006, 02:21:06 AM »

Not to be nagative but:

?1. Axl knew about the '13' Tuesdays release date comment 12 weeks ago. It's interesting to me that with two Tuesdays left, Axl makes a statement about it.

?2. Merck recently left Sanctuary. Sanctuary own the publishing rights to GnR'.

?3. Lot's of really ambigous statements in his letter. Lot's of blaming.

It appears the record was released to Universal, and they recommended proper promotion. Was the 'end' of GnR' an indirect about Brain? Can't really read into that.

Anyways, I never did like Merck. He seemed like a liar to me. ?hihi
dodger girl
Rocker

art is resistance

« Reply #188 on: December 15, 2006, 02:26:14 AM »

I'M CRYING!!!! literally crying!!!! Shocked

OMG!!! I love this letter, I absolutely love it!!!! AXL is amazing!!!! it makes up for everything done in the past, this puts me  in good terms with the band once again I'm so fuckin happy!!!!!!! and the release date is SET once and for all I can't believe what my eyes see.. I just can't, wow!!

and man I'm sooo glad they ditched that incompetent Merck! he had it coming, I love this part:

"Both the band and I along with our record company feel that this record deserves the proper setup and promotion not the ?13 Tuesdays left? and ?it may just appear in your record store? approach offered by management."

I was just saying this EXACT SAME thing some days ago, but it got deleted by Jarmo lol hihi

those comments were bad jokes and I'm so glad Axl wasn't behind that stupid way of communication with his fans.. it was so unproffesional!!! Roll Eyes

now I wonder what really complicated casualties got involved for this album to take so damn long.. I guess we'll never know..

Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #189 on: December 15, 2006, 02:27:21 AM »

I don't care what anyone says, that is fucking awesome!!! rofl
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #190 on: December 15, 2006, 02:28:24 AM »

Great to hear from Axl...  I hope for him and the guys that everything works out as planned.
As much as we fans want CD.... I'm sure they want it even more!
I look forward to them touring again after its released next year.  I don't even know what state I'll be living in - but, I'll be there!  Cheesy

Once again, our sincere apologies and our deepest thanks, Guns N? Roses would also like to thank all the fans who attended the 70 concerts in 21 different countries for their support in 2006. All the best to each and every one of you over this holiday season, thank-you and God bless.

Thank you Axl.. Same to you and the guys.   Smiley
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #191 on: December 15, 2006, 02:33:21 AM »

Thanks for taking the time to let us know Axl.. we aren't going anywhere  ok  beer
brownstonemr
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #192 on: December 15, 2006, 02:35:00 AM »

Nice to get some news and a tentative release date!
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #193 on: December 15, 2006, 02:35:50 AM »

My heart sank when I was reading this letter and I never expected my spirits to be lifted by Axl giving a tentative date of March 6th for chinese democracy. I hope that I get to listen to this album soon as I was not able to see them on this leg of the tour and I am very thankfull Axl was kind enough to give us information on the album and why it wasn't and when it is tentatively scheduled to be released. 2006 was a great year, it was nice to know their touring and the new band is gelling well, I just wish they would have come close to west texas. But there is always 2007 and with GNR every year brings hope of something new and exciting. And though 2006 was an exciting year as a GNR fan it looks like there may be a more exciting year in store for us in 2007 and I for one can't wait. ?smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
HMJACK707
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #194 on: December 15, 2006, 02:36:03 AM »

Wow... I am sooo excited over this... You have no idea. GN'R has been my favorite band since I was little. (I am 20 now) I have grown up with them which means. I may not have been waiting as long as some of you... But I have most of my life. I was about to give up on Axl and GN'R then I read this. I 100% fully accept his sincere apology and will continue to support Axl and GN'R 110%.

Also, This news is what made me decide to sign up and start posting here. I used to get all my GN'R news from the Velvet Revolver fan forum but well... Now that stuff is actually going on. I might as well start coming here to get info also.

anyways... my real name is Jim ^_^ nice to meet anyone who actually cares...

P.S.

Next year will be an AWESOME year for music. CD, Libertad (sp?), We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank (Modest Mouse) New Scott solo, new Meat Puppets, New Dogs Die In Hot Cars (Hopefully, I have not checked up on them recently) and a LOT of other stuff that I cant even think of off the top of my head at the moment.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #195 on: December 15, 2006, 02:37:28 AM »

So does this mean the video is done? Or they will be doing it in Jan?

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Demon Wolf
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #196 on: December 15, 2006, 02:39:59 AM »

^^Who knows.

Welcome to the board, Jim!

Here today...gone to China to bring back Democracy!

- My covers of If The World n' Catcher In The Rye - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FOfNxtBjQbQ&feature=channel_page
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #197 on: December 15, 2006, 02:40:19 AM »

Cheers man. Great letter!

"...It don't really matter..."
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #198 on: December 15, 2006, 02:41:58 AM »

Also I wonder if that contract talk has to do with Brain

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
dodger girl
Rocker

art is resistance

« Reply #199 on: December 15, 2006, 02:45:23 AM »

there's a lot to overanalise, and we are good at it lol

it really started kind of in a depressing way, with the cancellations and what not, bad news first to make it less painful i guess haha

goin on with the letter i forgot about the cancellations.. wonder why they need January for? promotional stuff is the safe bet

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 55 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: