Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 03:29:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  An open letter to the fans from Axl - Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 55 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An open letter to the fans from Axl - Discussion  (Read 158015 times)
irishtwilight
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #160 on: December 15, 2006, 01:03:52 AM »

Sometime in 2007 Chinese Democracy is going to be out beer
ZRO
Rocker

Does this look infected?

« Reply #161 on: December 15, 2006, 01:14:59 AM »

Why isn't this letter posted on the official website?
Demon Wolf
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #162 on: December 15, 2006, 01:22:38 AM »

This is the first time there is a SET date, is it not?

Omg, both Guns N' Roses and Magnum's new album in march!  drool drool drool drool

Here today...gone to China to bring back Democracy!

- My covers of If The World n' Catcher In The Rye - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FOfNxtBjQbQ&feature=channel_page
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #163 on: December 15, 2006, 01:22:45 AM »

Axl...thank you bro...its really hard to find good people and your truly one of the good ones..
We the fans will support you the whole mother fucking way peace peace   

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
Blackeyed
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #164 on: December 15, 2006, 01:25:15 AM »

Now finally we get some real interaction with the band!
Thank God it was about time to get some real news and some appreciation on what we, the fans have been doin' for years! Supporting this monster called Guns N' Roses!
Thank You AXL
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #165 on: December 15, 2006, 01:25:51 AM »

If I was him i would use a group photo and be very careful of posting a picture right baou tnow
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #166 on: December 15, 2006, 01:26:10 AM »

Could it be that Axl actually goes out of his way to let the hardcore fans in on the news first? ?

(cue negative a-holes) "Nah, Axl doesn't give a shit...blah blah blah, he lies, blah blah blah."

Fuck the haters! ?Rock on Axl!!!!!!! ?Thanks for the news. ?True GNR fans enjoy the roller-coaster madness that is Guns N' Fuckin' Roses!!! ? ?Cool

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Bang Bang
Rocker

Free speech?

« Reply #167 on: December 15, 2006, 01:26:25 AM »

I have truly believed that the new album would be coming out this year. ?I have also been a big proponent of Axl's by trying to keep up the excitement of an impending 2006 release. ?I also said that Axl would be a liar if 2006 came and went without an album or a good, valid explanation. ?I have also said that I would understand, and not hold it against the band if there is a valid explanation.

My opinion is just my opinion, for what its worth. ?In my opinion, Axl has given a good explanation prior to the end of 2006. ?He is therefore not a liar. ?With regards to his earlier statements about a 2006 release, he was simply wrong. ?For all we know his ignonimous manager assured Axl that he would be able to have the album released before the end of 2006. ?Perhaps Axl just trusted Merck's competence in this regard, hence the 2006 promise. ?This is not lying, but just being, plain and simply wrong. ?Everyone is wrong from time to time. ?No harm done. ?For all we know, poor Uncle Axl got screwed here.

Its like if you roll a dice and you call a number before the dice stops rolling. ?If it lands on your number, its not because you're telling the truth, but because you happened to be right. ?Conversely, if you call a number and it turns out to be the wrong number, you're not a liar, but simply wrong and unlucky. ?Though I guess you could stand to lose some money this way.

It took guts to set the record straight for the fans about the record's release and fixing the problem at its root. ?Thank you Mr. Rose for caring about your fans, and letting us know where we stand before the curtain was drawn on 2006. ?We all hope that management will not foment similar debacles in the near future as we eagerly await the tentative March 6, 2007 release. ?I think I speak for all of us loyal fans when I say that we are also grateful that you would send such a letter directly to us through HTGTH first.

The last beautiful free soul on this planet!
netrix
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #168 on: December 15, 2006, 01:28:06 AM »

Thanks axl for the update. That is all us true fans have been asking for is to keep us updated and let us experience the enjoyment in the hype and lead up to the Chinese Democracy release date.
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #169 on: December 15, 2006, 01:30:18 AM »

Having waited 13+ years for new GNR material, I literally raised my arms when I read "March 6th"

Doubt he'll read this, but thanks a million Axl. After seeing the band 5 times this year in 3 countries, two continents, I had my GNR live fix. Finally getting something concrete from the man's mouth about the album is the best news I've heard concerning GNR all year.

The second phsyical reaction I had was my draw dropping when I read that the band's relationship with Merck was over. I wonder who will replace him? I wonder how soon Merck was made aware of this; I remember seeing him stage left in Quebec City.

It's also great to see Axl dismissing Merck's sentiments made earlier about "13 Tuesdays left" and "may find it in the store shelf one day." To me, this was just another way of making fun of the GNR constituency; a move that wasn't needed at all. It felt as though he was waiving a steak in a starving man's face. Thanks to Axl for acknowledging that his fans deserved better.

All in all, if we're not getting Chinese Democracy this year, this is the best next thing. I think Axl needed to deliver something huge if the album wasn't coming this year.

If you're a GNR fan, you should be extremely happy. Anything contrary is ignorance.

Cheers,

Andrew...

P.S. I suppose Baz really did know of the album's release when he mentioned this a week ago.

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
Demon Wolf
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #170 on: December 15, 2006, 01:34:18 AM »

Yep. And it's not like it's gonna be hard to wait three months. We've been waiting for years. Three months is nothing.

CHINESE DEMOCRACY STARTS NOW!!!

... Had to say it.  hihi

Here today...gone to China to bring back Democracy!

- My covers of If The World n' Catcher In The Rye - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FOfNxtBjQbQ&feature=channel_page
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #171 on: December 15, 2006, 01:34:47 AM »

i hope this doesnt affect the 4 remaining shows this month

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #172 on: December 15, 2006, 01:35:44 AM »

Could it be that Axl actually goes out of his way to let the hardcore fans in on the news first? 

(cue negative a-holes) "Nah, Axl doesn't give a shit...blah blah blah, he lies, blah blah blah."

Fuck the haters!  Rock on Axl!!!!!!!  Thanks for the news.  True GNR fans enjoy the roller-coaster madness that is Guns N' Fuckin' Roses!!!    Cool

fuck those retards saying "Axl doesnt give a shit" or something. They'll shut the fuck up now. We have a release date, even if it's a tentative one. Mr. Rose fucking rocks! LETS KICK THOSE A-HOLES OUT OF THIS THREAD ;p

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
dariano
Headliner

Double talkin' jive, Get the money motherfucker!

« Reply #173 on: December 15, 2006, 01:37:46 AM »

Sorry someone's head had to roll but this happens in the music biz, all is forgiven Uncle Axl, thanks for the explanation and I do look forward to hearing the new album when it finally does come out...thanks for the awesome shows in Vegas and San Burnadino that I was able to attend...they were amazing shows...

Merry Christmas to you, the crew and of course my favorite band, Robin, Richard, Tommy, Frank, Brain, Dizzy, Chris and Bumble!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #174 on: December 15, 2006, 01:39:33 AM »

Yes, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all of GNR.

Downzy, great fucking post...we are that much closer to the fucking holy grail of rock n' roll!
Axl, you modest motherfucker, it aint "just an album." ?It has alot of meaning to hardcore GNR fans, whether they like to admit it or not. ?

Good night all, I know I'll be sleeping well for the 5 hours I'll get now. ? hihi

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #175 on: December 15, 2006, 01:40:09 AM »

my english is bad,so i don't understand wholw letter

where axl said realisinfg date

I have never seen so many tree
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #176 on: December 15, 2006, 01:43:59 AM »

my english is bad,so i don't understand wholw letter

where axl said realisinfg date

6th paragraph...after the canceled show dates

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
GNR estranged
Rocker

« Reply #177 on: December 15, 2006, 01:45:07 AM »

Finally we have some sort of an update! this is great to know instread of guessing. really cool, cant wait till we finally get to listen to chinese democracy.
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #178 on: December 15, 2006, 01:49:17 AM »

Merck could be just a scape goat. I dont think he had full responsability of this.

Anyway, who cares.  Tongue

March 6, baby!!!
maynard
« Reply #179 on: December 15, 2006, 01:51:49 AM »

new nin dvd in february
chinese democracy in march
new nin album in april

holy shit, i'll start saving some money.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 55 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: